Live MSM coverage on baby Lisa 21 October 2011- including Nancy Grace

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, it really depends on the case. Sometimes there's not the media saturation you would expect. We've had some cases that barely got a media blitz here, even with a missing toddler (Columbus, OH). Even the case which gained national attention with the murdered people hidden in a hollow tree didn't saturate the local news that much. There were updates, to be sure, but there's not always a huge amount of attention paid to missing persons, even missing young children.

Right, sometimes it seems that football matches are way more important in the media...

But I think with all the activity locally, police helicopters flying about, the searches, the FBI agents going door to door, it would have been somewhat noticeable and the chances are that someone would have said something along the lines of "isn't it dreadful about that missing little baby?"

I'm not picking on you, these are valid questions, just jumping off your post, ok?

In nearly every case there are people who call in with "sightings" or tips, and in probably 8 out of 10 of these calls, they turn out to be bogus, from nutcases who just like to be a small part of it for some strange reason or from somebody who has a vivid imagination and thinks they want to help.
LE still has to check them out, and it really does hinder their jobs. It happens all the time.

I remember the woman who saw a little girl matching Caylee's description in the airport waiting for a flight to Atlanta. She was even on WS for awhile, until posters began questioning her story and finding inconsistencies in it. The little girl was said to have told this woman her name was Caylee Marie 'Ant-ny'. When LE checked it out, there was no one with a female child close to that age on that flight at all, it was totally made up. There are all kinds of weird people in this world and no one knows why they call in these fake sightings and tips but they do.

Not feeling picked on, in fact you are supporting my 3rd possibility that the neighbors inserted themselves into this case because of the national attention, for god only knows what reasons.

But are you a local? I think the locals wouldn't necessarily have to follow the news to hear about a missing baby close in their neighborhood.

No, I am not a local. That is an excellent point. I do know if that were my DH though, he probably would have thought, "Why has that man got his kid out on a night like this with nothing but a diaper?" and wouldn't have given it another thought. Let's face it. The male mind does NOT operate like a woman's mind. Some do, but those are few and far between. My DH might have remembered it later after seeing posters or something and said something then, but at that moment in time? He wouldn't have given it another thought.

Well that's clear as mud...

in the first link the reporter says "she and her husband saw" but then the story is just about the husband seeing things.

Her husband was coming from work so presumably she wouldn't even be in the car with him. But now she is describing seeing a "little hand" as if she were there. No wonder eyewitness testimony is so unreliable.

FWIW, we have a thread about the sightings and baby in diaper.

Lots of good discussion here could be shared in the other thread too! :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152158"]Man seen carrying diaper clad baby - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Late thirties, early forties I think he said.

And the handyman was 20. :crazy:

Overwhelmingly accurate scientific information alert: I got a good vibe from this guy, which I didn't get from the first alleged sighting. He seems like a pretty tame grandpa on a motorcycle type, and I've never met one of them yet who wasn't pretty darned sincere and laid back. Most of the ones I know aren't interested in the spotlight. Of course that doesn't mean we should believe him, because science and not perception makes cases. Of course.

And the handyman was 20. :crazy:

Overwhelmingly accurate scientific information alert: I got a good vibe from this guy, which I didn't get from the first alleged sighting. He seems like a pretty tame grandpa on a motorcycle type, and I've never met one of them yet who wasn't pretty darned sincere and laid back. Most of the ones I know aren't interested in the spotlight. Of course that doesn't mean we should believe him, because science and not perception makes cases. Of course.

So a week later he remembers he saw a man and a baby? At least the other two reported the supposed sighting right away (even if wife appears to be extremely confusing on whether she herself actually saw anything at all).

I don't find it odd that it was reported a week later. My DH and I very seldom watch TV. I never watch the news even when he does. I found out about this child through a forum on another board. This link was given and I followed it. Otherwise, I would not have know about Lisa Irwin.

Maybe this guy just happened to turn on the TV that day and see a report, or he picked up a newspaper and saw it and remembered seeing somebody carrying a baby.

I've said it before- I border MO (like 10 minutes shy of the border) and very few people here are talking about it or aware of it beyond a vague "ohh... that baby that went missing? Where was she?" sort of response.

Also- truck drivers, etc- you never know if his profession played into him not really being in tuned to the story, even if he heard it in passing.

BUT YES, it's pretty odd to wait a week. I'm just a devil's advocate sort of person I guess :innocent:

Her husband was coming from work so presumably she wouldn't even be in the car with him. But now she is describing seeing a "little hand" as if she were there. No wonder eyewitness testimony is so unreliable.

Right, she describes the baby's position on the man. The only thing I can figure is that this woman was outside when the husband pulled up and he says something like, "Hey Honey, do you see that guy with the baby? I saw him carrying her and when I looked at him he started acting like he was going into that house there. Kinda weird don't ya think?" So, she looks over at that "house there" and gets a quick glance.

Sounds like hubby was going slow maybe about to turn into his driveway. Because the lady says the guy with the baby acted like he was going up to the house nearby...maybe because he just wanted her husband to leave.

Right, she describes the baby's position on the man. The only thing I can figure is that this woman was outside when the husband pulled up and he says something like, "Hey Honey, do you see that guy with the baby? I saw him carrying her and when I looked at him he started acting like he was going into that house there. Kinda weird don't ya think?" So, she looks over at that "house there" and gets a quick glance.

Sounds like hubby was going slow maybe about to turn into his driveway. Because the lady says the guy with the baby acted like he was going up to the house nearby...maybe because he just wanted her husband to leave.

But that's not the story she was telling initially, is it? At least in the beginning the report was the husband saw the baby.

As for the local media saturation...

My husband and I drove out to St. Joseph on Oct 3rd. His cousin was killed on his motorcycle on 1-470 that Sunday so we went out to go to the funeral and be with family.

Every once in awhile I would turn the news on out there... and baby Lisa was CONSTANTLY being mentioned from the 5th-7th. If someone had a TV and watched local channels at all, I'd be surprised they missed it honestly.

Also, in one very recent article someone described the man (12:15 AM spotting) as African American. No age, size or weight approximations were quoted.

Motorcycle guy didn't describe race of the man or what he was wearing. This woman, whose husband has never been shown on camera, has not been quoted on video as giving any detailed description of the man.

Here is the neighbor back on Oct.4., saying her husband saw the man with baby in diaper a/r 12am
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...d-saw-man-carrying-baby-wearing-only-a-diaper

Now today she says she saw it too
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-eyewitnesses-speak-147856

Why the big change in her story ?
That made my eyebrows raise, too.

Also, in the 2nd link/interview, she says nothing about the description of the man.

I wonder if this woman is a friend of DB/JI's? The reporter in the 2nd link said they are 3 doors down from them, IINMWICTB, JMO.

Does anyone notice that CBS isn't cover this story much at all?

Okay, listening to that first link I think what we may have here is just crappy reporting. It cuts into her talking really quick. It sounds to me, though, like she says, "we seen..."

"A neighbor, who later asked NBC Action News that she not be named, said her husband was coming home around 12 a.m. Tuesday when he saw the man carrying a baby wearing only a diaper."

“He seen the guy act like he was going to go into a residence,” she said, “but then my husband drove off so we’re thinking that maybe he was just doing that so that my husband would leave.”

The woman said her husband saw the man walking on a street perpendicular to North Lister, where Lisa Irwin lives with her parents and brothers.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...d-saw-man-carrying-baby-wearing-only-a-diaper

That made my eyebrows raise, too.

Also, in the 2nd link/interview, she says nothing about the description of the man.

I wonder if this woman is a friend of DB/JI's? The reporter in the 2nd link said they are 3 doors down from them, IINMWICTB, JMO.

Somewhere, in the last week there is a third video of this neighborhood woman. Her name has also never been stated in any of the interviews. I'll look for the 2nd video that I saw before today's tape.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanMichelle
Back