Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How?
What do you do once the neighborhood has been exhausted?
Do you just walk on foot, door to door across the whole US?
Once an initial search has been done, how else does a parent physically search for a baby?

If the parents had been out in full-on 'abduction' mode, I would feel differently myself. But the first 'family day' which came even before first weekend of Lisa missing? And then another family day after that? IMO, there is more to do, even if it's to just FEEL like you're doing something in that unthinkable time and I don't think you ever stop.

i think i could say that with confidence, mountain_kat. There's an old saying about how drunks act "how drunk would you have to be to have sex with your mother". Meaning, there is no amount of alcohol that would make you do something you don't want to do sober. I could say with confidence, that while i've been drunk i haven't harmed (on purpose or accidentally) one of my children and then hidden their remains, whether i remembered all the details of the evening or not.

that!

I think it is just a rumor. A dog hit on a bank of the Missouri River wouldn't surprise me on any given day though on any given section of it. We also have a State trooper still missing from getting swept away in the flood waters. Many bodies are found in this river also.

Yes, not an unlikely place to have a hit at all... in fact, if these dogs are all so great at what they do....maybe they should try them out at the Plaza.....all kinds of rumors of mob "disposals" in the concrete lining of the creek bed there!!!

jmo

I never said that DB wasn't made aware of anything she did that night. I simply said that she can't claim she doesn't know relevant details of what went on that night because she might have "blacked out", and in the same breath insist that she couldn't have done anything to hurt her child.

JMO
hmm.. I think I follow you. I was thinking strictly if death had resulted from her blackout. I was thinking you couldn't have caused her death in your blackout without coming to face it once aware. But I guess you could have picked her up, left her somewhere, gave her away, disposed of her, etc and not remembered it.

It just seemed most likely to me that you would come to be aware of causing death or injury at some point and then been aware during the coverup.

I think it is just a rumor. A dog hit on a bank of the Missouri River wouldn't surprise me on any given day though on any given section of it. We also have a State trooper still missing from getting swept away in the flood waters. Many bodies are found in this river also.

That's really sad to hear :(

Uuhhmm...because they want to be paid for their services. No way can DB and JI afford the likes of Joe Tacopina or even a local criminal defense attorney without help from others. There is significant remuneration for photos/videos. jmo

ABC, NBC, we all went through this on the last case when we learned how these networks work. They won't pay for an interview, but they will pay a liscencing fee for pictures and videos. And pay handsomely. We did not find out for certain until her lawyer ended up on the receiving end of the SA office under oath and he had to admit it.
I believe ABC, in their altruistic manner, paid CA $200,000 for pictures and videoes of her murderd daughter. Seems like I just read that Lisa's parents are asking for their hard drive back so they can have pics and videoes for the MSM.

It appears the attorney may want to discount the husband & wife sighting as being unrelated. However, the surveillance video of the figure walking out of the woods---now that might mean something.

Meanwhile, the owner of the gas station said he hopes this helps investigators in their search for clues.

Short discounts the idea that a man seen walking near the home that night is the same man in that video.

Short said the man who saw something very unusual the night Lisa went missing told his wife because it worried him.

"That is all you can do," Short said.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15859553/new-surveillance-video-may-help-in-the-search-for-more-clues

This white blob video just goes to show you how terrible eyewitness reports are.

Thousands of people who have watched this video now would swear they saw a man walking out of the woods on it just because of what the reporters have said is on it.
Not me! Cause I know there ain't no stinkin woods there!:rocker:

If the parents had been out in full-on 'abduction' mode, I would feel differently myself. But the first 'family day' which came even before first weekend of Lisa missing? And then another family day after that? IMO, there is more to do, even if it's to just FEEL like you're doing something in that unthinkable time and I don't think you ever stop.

This family has two other children to consider. Obviously Lisa is the main concern, but if the family had been told "don't do ANYTHING - let us do our job" by LE (which is likely) I can see why they could have taken time for the family.

This family strikes me as naive and extremely (too) trusting of LE. They don't seem like criminal masterminds, which just strengthens their story, IMO. If they are not too intelligent and they were interrogated in the manner that DB says she was, it seems almost impossible that they wouldn't have said something to trip themselves up.

But there is no evidence that there were accomplices. And who would be an accomplice to that anyway? The only likely one would be Jeremy, and there is nothing indicating that he was there. Who else would you go to to ask a favor like "could you help me hide my baby that I just killed?" Especially if you were slobbering drunk.

Anything is possible, but there is no reason to imagine that there was an (or several) accomplice(s).

BBM

I'm not convinced of that. In one of the interviews (MK, I think), the interviewer asks JI if LE ever suspected him of doing anything to Lisa. His reply was that they asked him if he might have had an accident with Lisa in the 2 hours he was home and maybe DB found out about it later. So were these 2 hours before of after he left for work. Well, let's take a look at that.

1. LE has a surveillance tape of DB in the grocery store smiling and buying wine at 5pm. I doubt LE would think DB already knew about her child being dead and then skipping off to buy wine.

2. Jeremy tells us he left for work at 5:20 pm that evening.

3. Surely the boys, the neighbor, or the little girl saw or heard Lisa at some point after Jeremy left for work. But even if they didn't, are we to believe that Debbie somehow covered up a fatal accident and then sat out on the stoop getting drunk with the neighbor afterwards?

So...I have to ask what time jeremy Irwin did get home from work that night. He tells us it was 3:30 am. I've seen absolutely nothing to support that. Nor would I see anything, because I'm not LE. But LE does know whether or not JI can prove when he was and wasn't at work...and according to JI, they ask him about the 2 hours he was home.

So...:waitasec:

Why would anyone hire a criminal defense atty before they have been charged with a crime? ESPECIALLY, a city slicker from the Big Apple who defends the worst of the worst! DB is obsessed with being arrested - consciousness of guilt or just a worry wort?

If this was my missing baby, I wouldn't be calling a defense atty - I would be searching every nook and cranny, hiring divers (iinstead of lawyers) to seach the river, calling Equi-Search, getting volunteer search parties....AND hounding LE every single day to see if they have any new info and offering myself up for more questioning on the hope that I might have forgotten pertinent information!!!

I'm also curious as to why DB and JI have never looked into the cameras and made a DIRECT appeal to the alleged kidnapper to bring their baby home. JI's silence and DB's inconsistencies speak volumes! Why didn't LE give JI and LDT??? Too late now - <modsnip> Joe will never let it happen.

All of the substantial inconsistencies since Tacopino came to the rescue might very well end up being DB's one-way ticket to the Big House! They did themselves no favors when they hired the city slicker!

ABC, NBC, we all went through this on the last case when we learned how these networks work. They won't pay for an interview, but they will pay a liscencing fee for pictures and videos. And pay handsomely. We did not find out for certain until her lawyer ended up on the receiving end of the SA office under oath and he had to admit it.
I believe ABC, in their altruistic manner, paid CA $200,000 for pictures and videoes of her murderd daughter. Seems like I just read that Lisa's parents are asking for their hard drive back so they can have pics and videoes for the MSM.
Ok then where are these new photos and such they are paying for? All I am seeing them show are the same ones the local media has been showing since day 1 or so.

I think I could say that with confidence, Mountain_Kat. There's an old saying about how drunks act "how drunk would you have to be to have sex with your mother?". Meaning, there is no amount of alcohol that would make you do something you don't want to do sober, so you couldn't get drunk enough to have sex with your mother. I could say with confidence, that while I've been drunk I haven't harmed (on purpose or accidentally) one of my children and then hidden their remains, whether I remembered all the details of the evening or not.

So, you're saying that if you were so drunk you might have blacked out, you couldn't have passed out and smothered your child, or fallen while carrying your child? :waitasec:

That's not a "moral" call, imo...if you're drunk, you're impaired. If you're impaired, things can happen.

IMO

ETA: and again, I'm not saying anything about what she might have recalled or not recalled once an accident was discovered.

I'm really, really trying....but, I'm starting to be worried that baby Lisa will never be found. I'm not sure I can handle another case where there are no answers. I never thought we'd all be sitting here, 3 weeks later, with more questions and no answers.

With every day, DB reminds me more and more of my DH. The way the stories come out and change depending on what is discovered. I've caught him in many lies, but he will never admit to anything unless he is shown proof (evidence). And when he is shown evidence, he will only admit to the very minimum of whatever that evidence shows. Even if logic would dictate something else, if the "evidence" doesn't explicitly show that, he will only admit to the bare minimum.

Hopefully that makes sense...I'm a bit distracted. My DS is playing Beyblades next to me and I'm an evil villian that he is trying to defeat. Apparently I've just been shot with lasers and head exploded. :floorlaugh:

Talking about being on the fence, I have been thinking....

Either LE has tons of evidence and just biding their time before they make an arrest or this case is going to go cold..........:twocents:

I think unless LE find Lisa's body or have some very strong evidence that
she is dead, perhaps her DNA on burnt or bloody clothing, there will never
be an arrest. I just joined this site and havent followed cases like this before, but has there been any previous cases where a child has never been found and the parents have been charged with killing them?

I think I could say that with confidence, Mountain_Kat. There's an old saying about how drunks act "how drunk would you have to be to have sex with your mother?". Meaning, there is no amount of alcohol that would make you do something you don't want to do sober, so you couldn't get drunk enough to have sex with your mother. I could say with confidence, that while I've been drunk I haven't harmed (on purpose or accidentally) one of my children and then hidden their remains, whether I remembered all the details of the evening or not.

Well said! :seeya:

"alcohol reduced my inhibitions" - Ted Bundy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMr7tZupzUo&feature=related"]Ted Bundy- Final Interview- Part 2 of 4 - YouTube[/ame]

So, you're saying that if you were so drunk you might have blacked out, you couldn't have passed out and smothered your child, or fallen while carrying your child? :waitasec:

That's not a "moral" call, imo...if you're drunk, you're impaired. If you're impaired, things can happen.

IMO

I think she's saying, forgive me if I'm wrong, that she would definitely remember something about killing her kid and trying to hide the remains. While DB, may have had a fragmented/partial blackout, she would have remembered some part of all that. MOO

Not me! Cause I know there ain't no stinkin woods there!:rocker:

I have a question I have been wanting to ask you. Did you live in the neighborhood when JI was with the mother of his son? If so, was he as stoic and quiet with her as he seems to be with DB?

There was a tweet by a man who claims the FBI has called him in on this case. He is also on FB. He goes into depth regarding JI's demeanor. In this You-Tube video if anyone is interested.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm3_ttvrweg&feature=share"]Lisa Irwin Parents New Interview - My Body Language Analysis. MUST SEE. GMA. CJB - YouTube[/ame]

I guess what I am asking In Da Middle, is this man always this quiet and reserved as what we have seen so far in this case.

TIA. If you don't know, sorry for bothering you, but I am, as my name says, "curious."

Let me ask you all this-If DB realized she hurt Lisa or Lisa was dead and it scared the daylights out of her-do you think the shock of that would sober her up pretty quickly,she then tries to do the cover up-and remembers it all,but is using the blackout as an excuse for a defense?

Uuhhmm...because they want to be paid for their services. No way can DB and JI afford the likes of Joe Tacopina or even a local criminal defense attorney without help from others. There is significant remuneration for photos/videos. jmo

I don't think anyone is going to pay for pictures and videos that were already on youtube. Not very exclusive and pretty silly when every one else can get them free anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4