LKL - Thurs., 2/5/09 [Conway Guest On Show]

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has said that they commited crimes? They haven't been charged with anything,

You say he is protecting them legally...what do you say he is protecting them from? He is a criminal defence lawyer after all.

Like everyone here doesn't just love BC yakking to the press - we have whole threads about him and discuss him endlessly.

Oh I love that BC keeps talking. My problem is that he keeps asking for privacy but at the same time keeps going to the press and talking and talking and giving everyone more to talk about. They are complete opposites of what he says he wants.

Who has said that they commited crimes? They haven't been charged with anything,

A criminal is a criminal the day they commit a crime, not suddenly the day they are charged and eventually found guilty.

I don't get why that should bother anyone - I don't think he's run to the press anymore than he thinks is necessary to speak for his clients. Everytime he leaves the courtroom, the Anthony home, his home, his office, the bathroom, his car or picking up his newspaper in the morning there are people shoving a camera and a mic in his face. That he responds to the press in a gracious manner instead of barking at them to leave everyone alone is to his credit, not his detriment.

Tell me ONE thing that this man has done that is wrong or bad. His job is to act in the best interest of his clients and so far, that is exactly what he has done.

p.s. Not in this country SuzieQ. In this country you're innocent until you're proven guilty in a court of law and the state has the burden of proof. Be that as it may, what crimes have the Anthonys committed? Name one, just one.

Bev, this is a court of public opinion, not a court of law. The US Constitution allows free Speech. And WS allows it as long as it's within the TOS.

My list for the Anthony's is a long one. But I'll throw this one out there. GA drove a car home that he knew had a dead body in it at one point. Then he and his wife proceeded to clean it up and mess with evidence.

I agree completely.

I also think that the As are aware of this and that he's distancing them from Casey in these subtle ways with their full support.

The family is now walking the very fine line of wanting justice for Caylee but also tospare Casey's life from the DP. They no longer have any intention of doing anything that will help Casey get off...but I can see where they'd want her life spared.

I think that's a bit optimistic!

I agree~ I think the A's want to spare KC from being convicted and going to prison, IMO. My opinion about the A's remains unchanged. All three will do everything they possibly can to get KC off.

Ive never started a thread before so I hope this is ok..
But did anyone else catch LKL last nite and catch this comment from BC.

KING: Brad, are they still holding out for their daughter's innocence?

CONWAY: Larry, they support their daughter 100 percent. They love her. And that's never going to change. In terms of the case, you know it's hard to comment on that, because there is so much evidence that has yet to come out from the state attorney's office and from law enforcement.
link to transcript
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/05/lkl.01.html

I thought it was a very telling comment.. .. I found it interesting that He comments on the eveidence fromt he SA and LE to come out but doesn't mention anything that will come out from the defence.. and wanted to see if anyone else found this somewhat telling..

thankee
sue

Yes, I heard that and thought the very same thing. Was just too lazy to start a thread ... lol; so thanks!

I don't get why that should bother anyone - I don't think he's run to the press anymore than he thinks is necessary to speak for his clients. Everytime he leaves the courtroom, the Anthony home, his home, his office, the bathroom, his car or picking up his newspaper in the morning there are people shoving a camera and a mic in his face. That he responds to the press in a gracious manner instead of barking at them to leave everyone alone is to his credit, not his detriment.

Tell me ONE thing that this man has done that is wrong or bad. His job is to act in the best interest of his clients and so far, that is exactly what he has done.

p.s. Not in this country SuzieQ. In this country you're innocent until you're proven guilty in a court of law and the state has the burden of proof. Be that as it may, what crimes have the Anthonys committed? Name one, just one.

The solution is simple, IMO....BC could simply say, "No comment" and walk away.

I completely agree with you Bev.

Bev, this is a court of public opinion, not a court of law. The US Constitution allows free Speech. And WS allows it as long as it's within the TOS.

My list for the Anthony's is a long one. But I'll throw this one out there. GA drove a car home that he knew had a dead body in it at one point. Then he and his wife proceeded to clean it up and mess with evidence.

Not true...he did not know that. And there is no proof they intentionally messed with evidence. If any of this were true, they would have been charged.

Brad Conway is doing a very good job in helping the Anthonys during this tragedy. He's doing exactly what an attorney should be doing - looking out for his clients.

I agree Bev! I think some of the criticisim is harsh. I appreciated BC in his pressers regarding GA and his condition and appreciate that GA & CA can speak through BC. I allows their messages to come through in a much more positive light than the grieving family can express themselves.

The bottom line is - if you don't want to know what he has to say or if he irritates you, then don't watch/read his statements. Easy enough.

My Opinion Only,

Salem

Not true...he did not know that. And there is no proof they intentionally messed with evidence. If any of this were true, they would have been charged.

He did know that. In fact he prayed he didn't find Caylee in the trunk. It's in the doc dumps.

IMO BC attempts to seperate GA and CA FROM KC every chance he gets. He has done this since taking on the attorney role for the A's. Me thinks he is a smart cookie in that regard. JMO.

Me too.

Whatever is in the next doc dump must be "bombshell" material for real given all this posturing by BC, Baez and Baden.

DT

He's doing exactly what he should be doing - he's helping the family through the tragedy, he's speaking for them publicly, he seems to genuinely care about them and he's protecting them legally. If Mother Theresa was the Anthony lawyer, some people would despise her because she's "helping" the Anthonys and therefore "on their side."

Mother Teresa would do no such thing

He is not a psychiatrist, he is a criminal defence lawyer. Lawyers practise law. He says the As have done nothing wrong. So why do they even need him and why does he need to talk to the media 3 times a day if he is being honest that his clients want privacy?

George, Cindy, Lee, AL, JG, ZFG...anyone and everyone who ever knew Casey better get an attorney. Or they just might be going under Casey's bus.

The defense says Casey is the guy from the fugitive hunting down the *real killer*.

If I knew Casey I'd have an attorney.

George, Cindy, Lee, AL, JG, ZFG...anyone and everyone who ever knew Casey better get an attorney. Or they just might be going under Casey's bus.

The defense says Casey is the guy from the fugitive hunting down the *real killer*.

I would too.

Then why does he want immunity for them?

Elementary, see Jolynna's post below:

I agree with Jolynna that Casey will throw her family under the bus and anyone who knows Casey couldn't be blamed for not trusting her and protecting themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake