Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you find this Washington post article? Richard Lewis

Newspaper archives. I'll post it as soon as the WS site is working correctly again. Tried several formats and devices with no luck. So pasted the OCR text below:

"Margaret Anne Welch, 22, of Jessups, was killed Saturday night (November 5, 1960) and her husband, their two children and another child were hurt when their car left the highway on a curve near Savage, Md.
Police said Mrs. Welch was pronounced dead of head injuries at a Baltimore hospital after the car struck a pole.
Her husband, Lloyd, 28, who was driving, suffered face and head cuts, police said. Their son, Lloyd Jr., 4, sustained a broken leg and Michael, another son, cuts.
A passenger in the car, Patricia Joan Dull, also of Jessups, suffered cuts and abrasions."

<modsnip>

Newspaper archives. I'll post it as soon as the WS site is working correctly again. Tried several formats and devices with no luck. So pasted the OCR text below:

"Margaret Anne Welch, 22, of Jessups, was killed Saturday night (November 5, 1960) and her husband, their two children and another child were hurt when their car left the highway on a curve near Savage, Md.
Police said Mrs. Welch was pronounced dead of head injuries at a Baltimore hospital after the car struck a pole.
Her husband, Lloyd, 28, who was driving, suffered face and head cuts, police said. Their son, Lloyd Jr., 4, sustained a broken leg and Michael, another son, cuts.
A passenger in the car, Patricia Joan Dull, also of Jessups, suffered cuts and abrasions."

<modsnip>

Yes, it somethings works to ask older people to share info, as I did. Margaret does have a grave. Margaret was loved dearly. The police have already received this information. As Stacy Heller Welch already tried to say on the Taylor's Mountain FB page, Lee Welch should not have been driving drunk at the time. Perhaps SHW feels ostracized now, as she stopped posting. Other children, (different fathers) in this car accident were traumatized, besides LLW2; traumatization is not a psychological excuse to commit crime, or plead insanity. Lloyd L. Welch Jr is capable of the truth.

I started a query in post #476 of how LLW1's biological mother died, and wish to thank these people who shared info to this point and who also hope the truth will be told. As far as Lee Welch's "culpability" of possibly taking part in the murder of one of the Lyon sisters, this letter may be circumstantial speculation in the upcoming trial, eyewitness or not. Here is the short version.

"This is what I do know about the (car) accident. Patty Dull was in the car that Lee was driving with Margaret sitting in the passenger seat. The three kids were in the back seat and Lee told Margaret he was going to kill her by hitting the pole. Then he pointed his finger at the pole taking off the passenger side of the car killing Margaret. They thought BLANK was dead and put BLANK in the mortuary until BLANK came to identify BLANK and saw (this person) was alive. It was all very surreal. Speed and alcohol were factors....." 'Margaret was pregnant and the baby was ripped out from her side and never recovered. Yes it was all very tragic."

Bessie would have" a field day" if I posted a quote from an article written by Catherine Broad concerning the Lyon Sisters Case, so here it is, in a nutshell &#8230;.

"I send you to the police&#8212;maybe they take you seriously; maybe they don&#8217;t. Welcome to the club. We do the best we can. We are not victims&#8212;we are responsible people who give as much information as we can to the people with police powers and that is AS MUCH AS WE CAN DO. And trust me, it&#8217;s more than most people close to the infection of this case have done. So forgive yourself if you came clean, no one took you seriously (again, join the club), and let&#8217;s move on. Maybe even adopt the mantra of those who know they knew sh** and didn&#8217;t come clean&#8212;&#8220;At least no one else died.&#8221; You came forward and were ignored&#8212;join the club."

Yes, it somethings works to ask older people to share info, as I did. Margaret does have a grave. Margaret was loved dearly. The police have already received this information. As Stacy Heller Welch already tried to say on the Taylor's Mountain FB page, Lee Welch should not have been driving drunk at the time. Perhaps SHW feels ostracized now, as she stopped posting. Other children, (different fathers) in this car accident were traumatized, besides LLW2; traumatization is not a psychological excuse to commit crime, or plead insanity. Lloyd L. Welch Jr is capable of the truth.

I started a query in post #476 of how LLW1's biological mother died, and wish to thank these people who shared info to this point and who also hope the truth will be told. As far as Lee Welch's "culpability" of possibly taking part in the murder of one of the Lyon sisters, this letter may be circumstantial speculation in the upcoming trial, eyewitness or not. Here is the short version.

"This is what I do know about the (car) accident. Patty Dull was in the car that Lee was driving with Margaret sitting in the passenger seat. The three kids were in the back seat and Lee told Margaret he was going to kill her by hitting the pole. Then he pointed his finger at the pole taking off the passenger side of the car killing Margaret. They thought BLANK was dead and put BLANK in the mortuary until BLANK came to identify BLANK and saw (this person) was alive. It was all very surreal. Speed and alcohol were factors....." 'Margaret was pregnant and the baby was ripped out from her side and never recovered. Yes it was all very tragic."

Bessie would have" a field day" if I posted a quote from an article written by Catherine Broad concerning the Lyon Sisters Case, so here it is, in a nutshell &#8230;.

"I send you to the police&#8212;maybe they take you seriously; maybe they don&#8217;t. Welcome to the club. We do the best we can. We are not victims&#8212;we are responsible people who give as much information as we can to the people with police powers and that is AS MUCH AS WE CAN DO. And trust me, it&#8217;s more than most people close to the infection of this case have done. So forgive yourself if you came clean, no one took you seriously (again, join the club), and let&#8217;s move on. Maybe even adopt the mantra of those who know they knew sh** and didn&#8217;t come clean&#8212;&#8220;At least no one else died.&#8221; You came forward and were ignored&#8212;join the club."

Please tell me where she's buried so I can create a memorial page for her!!!!!!!! Please????? Her death has affected me in ways I can't explain!!!

You are incorrect, sir... Lloyd David Welch is my Uncle..and is not Margarets child. MARGARET had three children..Ronald, Mike, and Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. Therefore your assumption regarding my grandfather is baseless, insulting and incorrect.

You are incorrect, sir... Lloyd David Welch is my Uncle..and is not Margarets child. MARGARET had three children..Ronald, Mike, and Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. Therefore your assumption regarding my grandfather is baseless, insulting and incorrect.

Thank you for telling us who Margaret's children are. Would you be so kind as to message me and tell me where Margaret is buried so I can do a memorial page for her? I'm glad you're here.

Interesting to note that the name of Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. was omitted from the obituary of his stepmother, Edna Alyene Welch:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...Rid=151251476&

Interesting but not compelling. If the writer felt that his or her details were lacking, and was unable to convince prison officials to make LLW2 available for proofreading, he or she may have decided to simply omit, a bit like what was done with Edna Welch's date of birth.

Interesting to note that the name of Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. was omitted from the obituary of his stepmother, Edna Alyene Welch:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...Rid=151251476&

Reinforcement that LLW2 really was the black sheep of the family. And especially after being charged with murder.
So another question; who was the father of Michael and Ronald (Lloyd's two brothers from Margaret Ann Dull Welch) maybe not LLW1, because then they would have become the stepchildren of Edna, but they are not listed in her obit, nor were they listed in LLW1's obit from 1998. And who are the parents of Lloyd David Welch, if Margaret Dull was not his mother? Edna would not have been his mother as he was born about 1954, way before Edna and Lloyd Sr. eventually got married in 1964. Was LLW2 married to somebody else in 1954 (in addition to Margaret and Edna later)? This is like figuring out a genealogical Rubik's cube.

LLW2 may have been the black sheep of the family, and I'm sure he still is to a degree; but why would they want to cover for him while he engages in his black sheep activities? A few of them may try to bring that up in court, but I'm sure that the culpability of anyone who his the truth from investigators will be thrown back in their faces.

LLW2 may have been the black sheep of the family, and I'm sure he still is to a degree; but why would they want to cover for him while he engages in his black sheep activities? A few of them may try to bring that up in court, but I'm sure that the culpability of anyone who his the truth from investigators will be thrown back in their faces.

I just have to say I don't think they are covering for him. I think this clan would throw LLW2 under the bus in a New York minute in order to save their own skins. LLW2 is dispensable, and he's already in prison. I seriously doubt the story of LLW2 showing up unannounced on Taylor's Mountain with two blood stained duffel bags. He had little if any money, no car, no driver's license, nor anywhere to hold the girls for several days. Why would he expect that people on Taylor's Mountain would protect and lie for him at great risk to themselves? Also, it would be very risky for LLW2 to do this on his own, versus doing it under the tutelage of an older and more beloved male family member. So, either somebody knew / expected that he was coming because he was instructed to go there by an elder Welch, or the story of him arriving unannounced with bloody duffel bags was fabricated to place blame solely on LLW2 and protect the "two uncles" (take your pick; RAW1, LLW1, TTW1, etc...) It also contradicts other statements from LE that they believe the girls were brought to the mountain alive. The 40 year conspiracy of silence has not been to protect LLW2, he was a participant and therefore he can be an easy scapegoat, but this unemployed 18 year old ne'er-do-well was not the leader of the bunch of pedophiles.

I just have to say I don't think they are covering for him. I think this clan would throw LLW2 under the bus in a New York minute in order to save their own skins. LLW2 is dispensable, and he's already in prison. I seriously doubt the story of LLW2 showing up unannounced on Taylor's Mountain with two blood stained duffel bags. He had little if any money, no car, no driver's license, nor anywhere to hold the girls for several days. Why would he expect that people on Taylor's Mountain would protect and lie for him at great risk to themselves? Also, it would be very risky for LLW2 to do this on his own, versus doing it under the tutelage of an older and more beloved male family member. So, either somebody knew / expected that he was coming because he was instructed to go there by an elder Welch, or the story of him arriving unannounced with bloody duffel bags was fabricated to place blame solely on LLW2 and protect the "two uncles" (take your pick; RAW1, LLW1, TTW1, etc...) It also contradicts other statements from LE that they believe the girls were brought to the mountain alive. The 40 year conspiracy of silence has not been to protect LLW2, he was a participant and therefore he can be an easy scapegoat, but this unemployed 18 year old ne'er-do-well was not the leader of the bunch of pedophiles.

Have to agree with you on this! I'm sure LLW2 didn't show up unannounced on the mountain. I'm sure an elder Welch telephoned Lizzie and Alan Parker and told them that LLW2 was on the way. Perhaps this info was withheld from their children who then would remember it as an unannounced visit from their cousin from Hyattsville, Maryland. It's been reported that he used a family vehicle to transport the two Lyon sisters to the mountain. I'm sure he was lent the vehicle from one of the elder Welchs', given gas money, instructions on what to do with the bodies in the duffel bags once he got to the mountain, etc. I'm sure he was not the leader of this group of child molesters either, but a willing participant.

Is it verified that Helen Craver was with him?

LE has not specifically stated that Helen Craver was with LLW2. The affidavit LE released this Summer stated that when LE interviewed Connie Parker Akers on September 18, 2014 she said LLW2 arrived "unexpectedly" with a "female companion". A few sentences later the affidavit states that in March 1975, LLW2 was dating Helen Craver and that she was pregnant at the time. I suppose we could infer that the female companion was Helen, although this is not explicitly stated. I would think LE knows the whether it was Helen or not. Connie Parker Akers may have known who Helen was, or LE would have shown her pictures to see if she could ID the female companion as Helen.

just an aside, fwiw, I wonder if the Akers family that Connie Parker married into is of any relation to Tammy Lynn Akers who went missing from Roanoke, VA in 1977.

I'm not sure that there actually is a way of verifying that Helen Craver was with LLW at RAW's house and on the mountain, unless she either wrote something about it that can be double checked, was seen or photographed en route, or was otherwise verified, via bank records or other records, to have been with LLW at the time.

What if Lloyd was first initiated into pedophilia(with females) by his
father and/or uncle Richard? Just a theory. I am also increasingly of the mind
that depraved-looking uncle Richard was involved from day one. His security
guard badge and uniform may have very well helped in the kidnapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3