Locard's Exchange Principle in relation to Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent point... especially true, as I think I'm well groomed and go out into the day covered in white kitty fur, and doggie hairs! :confused: The stuff is hard to clean up, you never get rid of all of it and it's carried everywhere you go!
Yes dfinately pet hair from the Anthony pups will be found, among everything else. I just don't think 'the killer' is very smart!

I just had to bold your words that is how I feel, MOO

I believe all of the above plus hair belonging to the Anthony's pets.

These are the kind of things I think we have to be careful about. I wouldn't think the Yorkies' hair would prove anything. If a stranger had done this to Caylee, there still could have been the dogs' hair in the bag with her simply because Caylee lived with the dogs. Caylee would naturally have them on her person and her clothing. Therefore, it couldn't tie the murderer to the Anthony house. I may be real wrong, but that's how my mind works anyway.

I believe all of the above plus hair belonging to the Anthony's pets.

I bet you are right! I have a long haired cat that sheds. Everything he gets near has some of his hair on it. You could probably track my DH and myself by this alone!

the problem with Locard's Exchange Principle in this case is ...kc is not a stranger and much of that trace evidence can be explained away by the familiarity. However, their is so much circumstancial evidence in this case that a conviction is almost certain.

agree. hair, fiber, fingerprints could all mean very little.
however, if the bag(s) and the tape came from the Anthony household, then......

This may not relate to the actual crime scene. But I've always thought the dogs hit in the backyard either: from GA sitting the cans down and maybe washing them off as he made his way back to the shed. Or the possibility of toys and such being removed from the car and being placed back into the playhouse or sandbox.

I have this same opinion, the A's putting toys/gas cans from the car.

The police have said from the beginning there is soil in the trunk and now seeing that the PI's seemed to believe they were looking for something buried combined with the dump date believed to be the 18th, the day the shovel was borrowed I believe there is soil from the burial/dump location in the trunk.

The other thing I think will be unexplainable will be a combination of Casey's fingerprints and carpet fibers from the trunk found in the sticky side of the tape. That will tie Casey to the body and the body to the trunk.

I believe the key evidence will be:

* fingerprints and dog hair from the Anthony household
* linens with the body that came from Anthony household
* dirt on her shoes and back in the car when the shovel was returned to the car
* particles in the sunglasses that can be tied to that particular area
* decomp in trunk
* also, her cryptic conversations will come back to burn her as well.

I just don't think hair from Casey or the pets is much evidence. That's her daughter, they lived together. I'm looking at my son and he is covered in dog hair because he's been wrestling with the pup. Also I find my hair all over, so I am sure he has some of that. Even if there is hair on the duct tape, MOO, I think it can be explained away.
However, Casey saliva, fingerprints on duct tape would be extremely damning.

The A's have Yorkies and they don't shed. The must be brushed to get dead hair out.

The duct tape, even if it has her fingerprints could still be explained as it belonging to her and she used it at the "noclothesparty)
evidence taken from the scene will be
dirt, clothes(which CA washed) shoes and garbage bag which tie back to either AL house or GA house and toys belonging to Caylee, receipt from a store
cell pings

I, too, believe there will be trace evidence found....however not nearly as much as if the body had been found 6 mos earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back