Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question??
Since the jury is not sequestered! Can they research PTSD and all this stuff Samuels is trying to pass off ?

They 'can' but they are NOT supposed to. I do wonder about that too. How can they avoid seeing or hearing something about this trial?

I'm not in a position to get audio right now, so I can't watch the JVM clip. Would someone be so kind as to summarize the JA to Cancun evidence? Much obliged!

The sheer number of questions suggests to me that at least one very prolific juror, or a few less so, are not 100% sure one way or the other.

That's good. They are not supposed to be sure yet because the trial is still ongoing. I would be more worried if they were. JMO

No matter how many times I see the initial interrogation tapes...it amazes me how perfect Det. Flores was for getting through her BS. Bravo Detective!!!

Yes ITA, and did you admire how he led her verbally to the very brink of admitting the murder yet when she refused to answer he simply regrouped and began his gentle questioning all over again. He's an accomplished interviewer whose style for this defendant, at that time, was spot-on. Juan has the fire and the passion in the courtroom but Det Flores' patience five years ago provided the foundation.

Sorry for the O/T. ITA she is a monster, and she got off far too lightly for her crimes, but she was definitely battered. There are photos of her after he had beaten her where her eyes are bruised almost to the point of being shut.

View attachment 31061

It doesn't excuse what she did, but a different situation than JA who has no case at all for claiming domestic violence.

Where was her daddy? Back in the day many daddies would have a "talk" with their new son in law and let them know you don't hit my girls. Ever. My dad had a friend that killed his son in law after he'd beat her again. Came in from work and his little girl had been beaten again. He chocked him to death with his bare hands. He got 25 years and was out in 17, but his little girls life was worth it

Our daughters "serious" boyfriend went to our cabin with us and as I walked up behind him I heard my husband say "well let me tell you now, (and he was smiling and looking me in the eye as he said it) if you ever hit her, I'll come after you if her mama hasn't killed you first". He jumped when I put my hand on his shoulder and I smiled, but that was to let him know don't make a joke or jest about hitting her or killing her ever again. Not sorry about the convo at all.

OT but - It surprised me they arrested two boys in the baby's death, all in the time I ran errands. Everybody thought the story sounded too fishy, but it was true. What a shame!

http://news.yahoo.com/two-teenage-b...ing-death-205206658--abc-news-topstories.html

Another example of the moral decay of our society. Two savages on the loose at 9:15 in the morning killing a sleeping baby in his stroller. Sounds like a racially motivated killing to me. (Am I allowed to say that?) If they are tried as juveniles, they'll be back out on the street in 4-5 years! The perpetrator deserves the same fate as JA!

They 'can' but they are NOT supposed to. I do wonder about that too. How can they avoid seeing or hearing something about this trial?

The most difficult thing for me would not be avoiding media but not discussing it with my significant other at the end of the day. I would be dying!

JVM - Jodi was originally scheduled to go to Cancun with Travis:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/22/was-jodi-booked-cancun-trip-travis

This would make so much sense. It would explain why she would go as far as buying the two tubes of sunblock at Walmart on the way to kill TA...just in case he changed his mind and decided to bring her to Cancun. IMHO, if he had, he wouldn't have been brutally murdered by her that day. Since it was a PPL event, I wonder if PPL has a record that the prosecution could review that contains of his named "guest" for the Cancun trip and any changes to that. Or maybe even the airline since the ticket would have to be in his guests name per FSA/TSA rules (not sure which one makes this rule but you have to name the passenger on the ticket). Anyone heard anything about these things being checked?

Well, I would hope a sequestered jury would be meeting more than 18 hours a week! This trial could have been a whole lot shorter. I understand that this is the normal way of doing things for a Phoenix courtroom, but it discourages sequestering a jury and gives them way too much free time. I agree with you that the judge is basically stuck.

Did you see a what a poster said a couple threads ago? During a previous murder trial in AZ, I forget which one and how long it ended up taking, the prosecutor retired and the judge gave the new one 2 weeks to get caught up to date. They also took the month of August off. lol

I'm so glad you posted this video. I have been searching for anything that would show me which direction Travis' shower door opened. On HLN After Dark's re-creation of the bathroom scene they stated the door would open from left to right. That was WRONG!!! Your video proves the shower door opened from right to left. The importance of this is that when the shower door is open it may partially block the entrance to the closet. :seeya:

BBM

It doesn't block the closet because there's a wall there.

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/t...e scene/cs104_zps2371a52d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Hmmm. JA facing jury a little yesterday...
She thinks she has them conned and she is selecting
which ones SHE wants to keep...

MOO

Lately she's taken an interest! In watching the jury.
Does she think that there's a male on the jury that was enamoured with her bootie ! Coochie portfolio ?

Is this true? JVM stating Travis had planned to take JA to Cancun then decided not to and changed the ticket.

??

Hmmm. JA facing jury a little yesterday...
She thinks she has them conned and she is selecting
which ones SHE wants to keep...

MOO

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought she was looking over jurors to figure out who turned in certain questions. I also thought she was going to start looking at certain ones for their friendly mercy.

What is the process for weeding the jurors down to 12?

Did you see a what a poster said a couple threads ago? During a previous murder trial in AZ, I forget which one and how long it ended up taking, the prosecutor retired and the judge gave the new one 2 weeks to get caught up to date. They also took the month of August off. lol

One year? Is that the one?

Just broke on Jane VM Show - reporters have uncovered that Arias was originally booked to go on the Cancun trip with Travis.

In April, Travis changed the ticket to Mimi Hall's name.

If true, this is pretty big news, and could point to motive???

I so agree!

I don't see how they cannot go into a market and see headlines on newspapers, hear a radio/TV show, et. al., even if unintentionally, and not have more knowledge of this case. Of course they can/do. Hang her I say!! :furious:

This would make so much sense. It would explain why she would go as far as buying the two tubes of sunblock at Walmart on the way to kill TA...just in case he changed his mind and decided to bring her to Cancun. IMHO, if he had, he wouldn't have been brutally murdered by her that day. Since it was a PPL event, I wonder if PPL has a record that the prosecution could review that contains of his named "guest" for the Cancun trip and any changes to that. Or maybe even the airline since the ticket would have to be in his guests name per FSA/TSA rules (not sure which one makes this rule but you have to name the passenger on the ticket). Anyone heard anything about these things being checked?

It would explain why she went ~1 week BEFORE he planned to leave!
In time to change the tickets!!! eta:back to JA's name.
Changed the names on tickets in APRIL! per JVM

Breaking News via JVM: Jodi Arias was originally scheduled to go to Cancun with Travis until she moved back to Yreka in April. It was then that Travis changed his plans and decided to take Mimi HALL. The plot thickens!

It would explain why she went ~1 week BEFORE he planned to leave!
In time to change the tickets!!! eta:back to JA's name.
Changed the names on tickets in APRIL! per JVM

But when did he ask Mimi to go? It would make sense jodi wouldn't be going since she moved back to CA. But I'd like to know when he decided to take Mimi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx