long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This "new" Cancun stuff should be already in evidence....right?
?

It would explain why she went ~1 week BEFORE he planned to leave!
In time to change the tickets!!! eta:back to JA's name.
Changed the names on tickets in APRIL! per JVM

BBM

OK that changes things a bit for me ...

April: Travis changes tickets from Jodi to Mimi.
May 10: Phone call getting Travis to discuss sex and records it.
May (before 26th): Creates fake email account and emails Travis to say Mimi was seen in compromising situation with a male.
May 26: Travis texts to Jodi about the above, he knows she's lying (stay out of my life etc).
May 28: Theft of gun

Countdown to a murder ....

This would make so much sense. It would explain why she would go as far as buying the two tubes of sunblock at Walmart on the way to kill TA...just in case he changed his mind and decided to bring her to Cancun. IMHO, if he had, he wouldn't have been brutally murdered by her that day. Since it was a PPL event, I wonder if PPL has a record that the prosecution could review that contains of his named "guest" for the Cancun trip and any changes to that. Or maybe even the airline since the ticket would have to be in his guests name per FSA/TSA rules (not sure which one makes this rule but you have to name the passenger on the ticket). Anyone heard anything about these things being checked?

There were, IIRC, three phone calls between TA and JA the day before JA left on the murder trip. I always had the feeling that, even though TA probably knew that Mimi was not interested in a romantic relationship with him, Travis told JA the day before she left that he was taking Mimi, that she was the one, and they were going to get married...just to bottom line JA so she would leave him alone. So, like you said, she decided she would go there and change his mind, and if she could not, then she would kill him.

It would explain why she went ~1 week BEFORE he planned to leave!
In time to change the tickets!!! eta:back to JA's name.
Changed the names on tickets in APRIL! per JVM

I would guess she had known in April he had taken (or would be soon) her name off the ticket, didn't he say goodbye with a double finger salute when she was leaving in the UHaul when she moved back to Yreka?

Heck maybe SHE "hacked" his computer and changed them herself!

That would tick him off...
Hence the nasty message from him to her...
The stolen gun...
suntan lotion...

BBM

May (before 26th): Creates fake email account and emails Travis to say Mimi was seen in compromising situation with a male.
May 26: Travis texts to Jodi about the above, he knows she's lying (stay out of my life etc).

I think so too...

:bump:

But when did he ask Mimi to go? It would make sense jodi wouldn't be going since she moved back to CA. But I'd like to know when he decided to take Mimi.

IIRC, Travis invited Mimi to go in early May. He could have removed Jodi's name in April though.

I want to see the ticket agent on the stand about this new information.

This was the beginning of the end for Travis.

But when did he ask Mimi to go? It would make sense jodi wouldn't be going since she moved back to CA. But I'd like to know when he decided to take Mimi.

IIRC, there was a big blow up that made Jodi leave Mesa. Maybe the Cancun trip change was what FINALLY made Jodi realize Travis didn't want her around anymore. She was not invited to any 'Family Night' activities. Actively EXCLUDE. Nobody wanted Jodi around in Mesa.

This "new" Cancun stuff should be already in evidence....right?
?

But what kind of proof do they have? Is there evidence from the travel agency or anything that shows her name was on there originally?

Doesn't make sense that Travis ever intended to take Jodi to Cancun, since they would be there with Chris and Sky Hughes, who'd made clear to Travis that they didn't want him bringing Jodi anywhere near them or their kids.

BBM

BBM: Wait...what? I haven't heard this tidbit. Details, please. :)

They 'can' but they are NOT supposed to. I do wonder about that too. How can they avoid seeing or hearing something about this trial?

This is a fascinating point. I would bet some do decide to do a little research online and watch TV shows. Remember though, at this stage they are not debating the case between themselves, that won't come until after closing arguments and the Judge's directions.

During deliberation a juror would have to think very carefully before deciding to bring up information gleaned outside the court, how would the others react? Would they shout for the judge and rat on their fellow juror, or would they all decide to pool and discuss information? It would only take one upstanding citizen to cry 'foul' and we'd have a mistrial.

I've served on a ten week trial and wound up foreman but that was ten years ago when all you really had was local news and newspapers. Nothing external crept into those deliberations but this is a different era where we are drenched with information. I would think it unlikely that not one juror has heard or read a single thing. They might have been influenced but whether they then choose to mention it to influence the others... I wonder.

I listened to Mimis testimony yesterday. She was asked that question. Don't quote me she does give an answer and I believe it was in May. She needed a few days to think about it and did decide she would go as friends on the trip.

Stupid, atty on JVM says that the state should of not gone for the dp! It's about dragging a trial on and making big money. He gives Jeffrey Ashton and the oj prosecutor as examples.
He claims this trial would have only lasted ten days! Hello nurmi and wilmott don't know how to stop ranting on and about anal. Sex
They have to have the last word! Remaking points by re crossing over and over.

Doesn't make sense that Travis ever intended to take Jodi to Cancun, since they would be there with Chris and Sky Hughes, who'd made clear to Travis that they didn't want him bringing Jodi anywhere near them or their kids.

Yes, but all that happened during the year (August 2007) and trip to Cancun was planned a year before (June 2007) so she may have been on the ticket originally from before he realised she was a nut job.

But what kind of proof do they have? Is there evidence from the travel agency or anything that shows her name was on there originally?

That's what I want to know!!! I'm really hoping this is legit. It would prove motive without a doubt. Imo.

But if its just some media/tabloid BS, than it could hurt the trial ...moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member