long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to read a lot of the Dr. Dyer stuff....till he divorced his long time spouse...and moved to Hawaii and got all self serving :(

I was being undeniably snarky! I'm sure he has some great suggestions! I've heard the name and honestly may need to read this to cure my negative thoughts before the end of this trial! :facepalm:

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Screening Test
Screening Results

Your Score = 9

You are likely suffering from post traumatic stress; please contact us for more information

OH NO! I may have PTSD too! Does anyone have Dr. Samuel's card? I'm sure he can fix me. I've heard he's compassionate.

We could all Amazon wish list each other the Erogenous ......I mean, Erroneous Zones book! I think that would help. I like gifts.

He had a silent temper tantrum when he stomped over to the prosecution table and grabbed the written definition of "compassion" on his way to the bench. :floorlaugh:

On the plus side, at the least the frequent sidebars are forcing Nurmi to do his daily situps. 20 sidebars = 20 situps for the day! That's probably quite the workout for him. And if he wore a pedometer (not PEDO-meter"), he's also adding up his daily steps. 10 steps to the bench, 10 steps back x 20 sidebars = 400 steps! :rocker:

What is her role in the courtroom? Is there really a need for her to be at a table behind the DT? If I was on the jury, I'd hate Jodi even more b/c this woman is so inappropriate. Doesn't the DT realize that if the jury likes Juan and is leaning towards the State's position, a woman on her side rolling her eyes and mugging while Juan talks is not helpful in any way.

She is consulting with the DT--telling them what is said by various witnesses that might apply to some mitigation angle. Obviously she needs to be more conscious of the fact that she's being watched, though.

This case is going to all time lows along with the comments.

Sorry, sacrablue, don't mean to offend you, but my comment has a point (it's not about the poor Mormons). According to Jodi, Travis gave her the book of Mormon and she immediately gave him a bj. This comment is all about her. You can look it up in earlier testimony.

My results

Related Links
Hotline Phone Numbers
Request Appointment
Screening Tests

Screening Results
Your Score = 4

You may have some post traumatic stress issues; please contact us for more information

I guess any score at all means someone could still be suffering from PTSD. Maybe they could send me a pamphlet!

This is a great post and I thought some of the same things when I first became aware of this case after seeing 48 hours when it was first on. Then you realize that whatever her first strike was, gun or a knife to the chest, it was a fatal wound. Maybe not fatal immediately, but within a number of minutes. He just would not die fast enough, so she kept attacking. But I think that Travis was in great pain and shock from that first wound and so could not defend himself as he would have otherwise been able to. He does have defensive wounds to his hands, so he did make some attempt.....

The other thing to keep in mind, is that, aside from this trial, where Travisnis being portrayed as some kind of violent abuser by his murderer, EVERYONE else in his life remembers him as being a gentleman. I believe he had such a strong abhorrence to violence, that even as she was clearly trying to kill him, he only tried to defend himself and just could not bring himself to HURT her. Ultimately that is what allowed her to continue her attack and take his life. Jmo, of course.

Thanks for the response, just to be clear I don't believe one word of JAs character assasination of TA. I haven't heard anyone else who ever knew him say he was violent in any way. But anyone when cornered and attacked would rightfully defend themselves. Think of it this way, the unbelievable self defense fight or flight story the DT is trying to spin would really apply to TA as he was attacked.

What is her role in the courtroom? Is there really a need for her to be at a table behind the DT? If I was on the jury, I'd hate Jodi even more b/c this woman is so inappropriate. Doesn't the DT realize that if the jury likes Juan and is leaning towards the State's position, a woman on her side rolling her eyes and mugging while Juan talks is not helpful in any way.

It's to ensure she has a clear view of the jury. If you notice most of the time no matter who is on the stand she's watching the jury. That's her sole job. She needs to figure out how this particular jury will react to certain evidence presented.

Wow, Stephanie. I got the SAME RESULTS merely by following my "yes yes yes yes yes" lying strategy. :what: We must be geniuses according to Dr. S.

The doctor forgets that some of us have had to study these tests and find where someone can fake them...and it did not require me to do what he said (the elaborate studying of ptsd) to avoid the lying area whatever he said.

that was fake for the jury.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. I will share mine with you, Juan is passionate about his job. I believe the interrogation tape with Flores proves treating Jodi with kid gloves will not get you anywhere and therefore I found his treatment of her was needed.
Beyond that the fact that while Juan pounded at her she smugly and sarcastically tried to smack right back at him. The actions of a timid PTSD victim? I think not.

I agree with you.

And if Juan had been kind and respectful towards Samuels, we would have never known that he lied and cheated on these useless tests. It is because the prosecutor came at him like a pit bull, that the doctor was shaken up enough to spill the beans.

PTSD self test. don't tell me we can't fake this to make us all seem like we are suffering. Everyone take the test! And these are samples of the type of questions. Just look at them, I can tell what it wants me to say, and if I say it I'm stressed :)

http://www.reshealth.org/rhcservices/behavioral/ptsd.cfm

That is NOT hard to fake, neither are many psychological tests, especially those that don't have a validity check factor (like the PDS). Heck I scored an 8 on the test on the website you referenced and it told me to call them because I probably have PTSD...yet I know I don't.

Former FBI pro-filer that works on 'Criminal Minds' said last night on some HLN show (they all run together at this point, lol)...that Jodi is a PRO at lying. One of the best he's ever seen.

Mr. Pizza,
Here is how Jodi managed to kill a much larger male without any restraints:
One of Jodi's first stabs punctured Travis' lung and nicked his Superior vena cava. The stab that punctured his lung caused Travis to immediately start gasping for breath and continuously cough up large amounts of blood. Imagine someone holding your head under water for a long time and then finally releasing you after you inhaled water. When you surfaced, you would sputter, cough out water, and begin gasping for breath. You would be unable to adequately defend yourself while trying to get oxygen to your oxygen-starved body. This is how it felt for Travis to have a pneumothorax/hemothorax (collapsed lung filling with blood).

The Superior vena cava is a large vein returning the oxygen-depleted blood to the heart from the head and extremities. Think of this scenario for the nick to Travis' Superior vena cava: Imagine a swimming pool inflatable raft with someone applying pressure to it. Imagine that the raft developed a hole in one of it's largest oxygen-holding sections. The raft would quickly deflate/die. This is the similar to Travis's nick to his Superior vena cava except Travis was quickly losing blood. Travis would have quickly felt "shocky" which includes feelings of intense nausea, weakness, dizziness, and confusion progressing to loss of consciousness.

Travis was immediately incapacitated with:
- a collapsed lung
- drowning from the blood accumulating in his damaged lung,
- gasping for air,
- coughing up copious amounts of blood while gasping for air, and
- a hole in a large vein which quickly dropped his blood pressure making him nauseated, very weak, and very confused.
http://www.daviddarling.info/images/superior_vena_cava.gif

Pensfan
verified old nurse

The doctor forgets that some of us have had to study these tests and find where someone can fake them...and it did not require me to do what he said (the elaborate studying of ptsd) to avoid the lying area whatever he said.

that was fake for the jury.

And Willmot helped the jury get that by tediously going over those answers again one by one. And by emphasizing that IF SHE WANTED TO, Jodi could have exaggerated
and no one would know. LOL

Lady dr Beth?.. On NG says she is very worried about Dr. Fog sending JA the book. Says that shows he had feelings for her.

I've rewinded NG so I'm about 10 min behind normal time.

My results

Related Links
Hotline Phone Numbers
Request Appointment
Screening Tests

Screening Results
Your Score = 4

You may have some post traumatic stress issues; please contact us for more information

I guess any score at all means someone could still be suffering from PTSD. Maybe they could send me a pamphlet!

I'm going to the mall later. I'll pick up a couple for you.

I know, she keep saying, "The trial is ONGOING, we're bringing it to you live....hang on, are they back yet? Okay, so....."

Ahhh, people aren't that dumb.

She tells me every night I'm her friend too :cry:

I understand where you are coming from, but if the first stab happens as you are trying to get up from sitting in a small shower stall, and cuts through your superior vena cava, you would be immediately stunned and very weakened. Blood immediately fills your right lung space, then starts coming up your trachea out your mouth and you begin struggling to inflate your collapsed lung and move air past the blood, which is very irritating to airway tissues. You get light headed and primarily focused on getting your breath, though trying to also fend off your attacker. Acute respiratory distress is one of the most difficult problems for people to cope with, aside from burns. IMHO
:goodpost:
If you find yourself wondering how she was able to inflict so much damage, Arishia is the go to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn