long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

I watched it. It looks to me like the Defense was aware of the shenanigans with the raw data that the Dr was trying to cover up.

If that's the case, can the Defense get in trouble?

That is what I am wondering. If they gave the state false data in discovery that seems punishable. But maybe Juan just wants to get to deliberations and won't go after it, at least for now.

The cameras don't read your plates they take a picture and then it is mailed to you. She said check the cameras because she switched the plates on the car thus they would never find those plates on any camera. jmo

I know that (sort of, lol) but does Jodi? IDK, messing with her plates to fool cameras which she subsequently talks about confidently seems like a Jodi thing to do. I don't think she switched any plates, she flipped them around and removed one.

One of the juror's questions had to do with the "new evidence" about JA being held up with a knife when she was 13. Can't remember the question the juror asked, but Big Gus's answer was "it was told by her brother, to one of her previous attorney's. Does that now open the door for JM to question him about the previous attorney's? I was so HOPING that the jurors would ask a follow up question about Why did she have a PREVIOUS attorney, and why did they withdraw? My mouth was watering just waiting!!

This was my sense as well. I did not get the sense that they were necessarily agreeing with him. Even the question about whether she could have "snapped" seemed genuine to me. A lot of times when some horrible crime occurs, the friends & neighbors will say the perpetrator "snapped." I think the idea has basically been debunked by now, but it's a legitimate question. I personally didn't read too much into these questions beyond a genuine desire to know the answer.

I think there were a few things going on with the jury questions. There was some definite borderline "mocking" IMO, but there were also questions designed to give the witness another chance to answer some of the more absurd answers he gave during cross. If I were a juror and I heard him, for example, agree with JM that he based his tests on lies, I would be thinking, "Wow, that can't be right, maybe he is getting flustered by JM and didn't understand what he just said...he's definitely got to explain that one...let's just drop a follow-up in the question basket."

However, there's probably also something else going on too, unfortunately. There may one or two jurors that are leaning towards 2nd degree or life, and they are looking for the DT to give them an excuse to do it. That, I think, was reflected in a couple of the "softball" questions we heard yesterday. But, I have confidence that the majority isn't buying ANY of the charlatanism, and they will be able to move any "wobblers" in the end.

I cannot remember who said last night about why Jodi would have brought and used both knife and gun (which she turned right around and replenished in 2nd rental car, more kills?) was because she wanted police to believe the TWO attackers story. Jodi and Flores first start talking about this in phone calls. Jodi asked if a knife or gun was used....I need to re-listen to those tapes. I think too that Jodi was dressed like a Ninja to some degree.
Don't police always say an attack with a knife is mostly personal? You have to get up close to do that. She wanted Travis to suffer...I still think she used his life stories, fears and even his hurtful words to her....he said, "he felt like a dildo with a heartbeat"...first strike, the story of giving his abusing mother his back and the story where he had the gun jabbed to his temple, blood atonement- They went to the place where the grave was prepared; Anderson knelt upon the side of the grave and prayed. Klingensmith and his company then cut Anderson's throat from ear to ear and held him so that his blood ran into the grave. http://mormoncurtain.com/topic_bloodatonement.html
slitting of throat/baptism of water (Jodi's craziness) ...Jodi knew all this and tortured him with it.
Coroner said that chest wound is filling up the sac around heart with blood so internal bleeding mostly along with coughing up blood/lung fluids. A bullet to the head would have bled more, imho.

I have compassion for my fellow man but I would not say I feel sorry for them. I do not like it when either side tries to mold someones testimony into something it is not. I think the "dr" has been inept and careless (along with more descriptive words) but I can understand what he meant.

I think that has more to do with people not liking the way that "feel sorry for" sounds. It sounds like you are pitying someone. But, the fact is that "compassion for" and "sorry for" is synonymous. Pity, sorry for, compassion for, all means the same thing.

Watching HLN and the snippets of JAs police interviews. No matter how many times I see these, it still makes me shiver right down to my toes. There's just no "there" there.

I don't know if that's true but Katie DDJ said she was just an elderly woman who she talked to just before she vomited. I don't think anyone said she was a witness. KCL had said someone else was a witness to Doc Sam rolling through the vomit, but no one has said she was a witness.

I think when KCL said "she was a witness" what she meant was that KatieDDJ saw the lady throwing up but didn't get hit by it.

I am curious about something. "Doctor" Samuels said in evaluating Jodi, he looked at emails, texts & heard taped phone call(s) between TA & JA. I wonder if he saw only those communications that the defense showed him? That would certain fit what the DT does. If he did that, he really is not in a position to characterize Travis or their relationship. He has incomplete information. If this is the case, and if the DV expert is the same, I hope it is something JM will bring up.

Thank you!

I watched it. It looks to me like the Defense was aware of the shenanigans with the raw data that the Dr was trying to cover up.

If that's the case, can the Defense get in trouble?

When you look at the video you see at aprox 58:58 Jaun asks Samuels for the exhibit with 3 holes he begins to search for it , the defence looks sick and calls for side bar , while at side bar camera pans to jodi , she sits still for awhile then grabs what appears to be an exhibt (green tag on it) and shuffles it under some papers in front of her. I wonder why she did that?

May be wrong place for this question, if so, I apologize in advance. The Defense filed a Motion for Protective Order earlier today. Any attorney out there that can tell me what this may mean? TIA

When you look at the video you see at aprox 58:58 Jaun asks Samuels for the exhibit with 3 holes he begins to search for it , the defence looks sick and calls for side bar , while at side bar camera pans to jodi , she sits still for awhile then grabs what appears to be an exhibt (green tag on it) and shuffles it under some papers in front of her. I wonder why she did that?

I caught that too, and wondered WTF? What is she doing with tagged evidence? She's a sneaky one that's for sure. Someone in the court should be keeping an eye on her at all times IMO.

The post mentioning the questions Flores asked Arias reminds me that although Juan is doing the work now, it is because of Flores that Juan has much of the material he is using.
I can't imagine how Flores was able to be so patient with Arias - just watching made me want to slap her. His style seems almost opposite if Juan, and they make a great duo. Kudos to Flores and his excellent interview skills.

Anyone think there is anything to the theory one of Dr. Drews fellow guest docs speculated about on his show:

Jodi shot travis first
Gun jammed
causing her to then be forced to blugeon him

Even if she first attacked him with the knife in the shower, still seems super ballsy and risky, considering he could have overpowered her.

Representing yourself in a death penalty case seems pretty risky and ballsy as well. I've given up trying to understand just how her mind works, as mine just doesn't work like that. And, frankly, I don't care to understand JA anymore. If she wanted understanding, she could stop lying and disrespecting those that she is at odds with. On June 4, 2008 she had the upper hand; surprise while he was vulnerable → he was trapped and naked and wet. One good lunge, with the wall of the shower as backstop support for Travis, and she could use most of her body weight to force the blade into him, cutting his vena cava where it enters the heart, and cutting his lungs. Game over, but for the death throes. :jail:

Anyone think there is anything to the theory one of Dr. Drews fellow guest docs speculated about on his show:

Jodi shot travis first
Gun jammed
causing her to then be forced to blugeon him

Even if she first attacked him with the knife in the shower, still seems super ballsy and risky, considering he could have overpowered her.

When would she had gotten the knife? Are we believing the whole "measuring rope in bathroom to cut it" story in all of this?

I caught that too, and wondered WTF? What is she doing with tagged evidence? She's a sneaky one that's for sure. Someone in the court should be keeping an eye on her at all times IMO.

I wondered if it was what Jaun asked for from Samuels and Jodi just realized what it was they were looking for.

She probably had it in her sock , somewhere was mention of cuts or abraisions on her ankles. She took everything with her that she brought cept for her palm print and the shell casing.

So this is pure speculation on my part, but I think JA was wearing a hoodie and had the knife and gun stashed in the pockets. And, I also think that she took that ceiling pic as she was putting the camera in one the pockets just before she made her move. Then, the camera fell out of that pocket, hit the floor, and snapped the hallway "foot" shot as she was struggling with Travis. After that, she stepped on, or kicked the camera, creating the final "dragging" photo.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking with it! :rocker: Well, until one of you Sleuthers talks me out of it!

Hi everyone! It's my first time posting. I have been a huge fan of all you seasoned posters for quite some time. Hope I'm doing this right. I just wanted to say, has anyone noticed JA's hands?? Fugly!

Attachments

• hands of a killer.jpg
    hands of a killer.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics