long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me. She probably heard somewhere that the cameras can't read your plates if they're upside down. The front one was also missing. I know she must have been aware of cameras because she brings them up incessantly, telling him to check the cameras, check the cameras, in an effort to prove she wasn't there that day. He finally tells her, unless you ran a red light there's no point really. So no, we haven't checked the cameras. She planned ahead, and I am sure the plates fooling the cameras were part of her plan.

There are automatic license plates scanners, too. They scan the license plates even if no one is really trying to scan anything.

"Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR; see also other names below) is a mass surveillance method that uses optical character recognition on images to read vehicle registration plates. They can use existing closed-circuit television or road-rule enforcement cameras, or ones specifically designed for the task. They are used by various police forces and as a method of electronic toll collection on pay-per-use roads and cataloging the movements of traffic or individuals."

No clue if it can read a license plates upside down, but I wouldn't be surprised if she thought that it couldn't, or was theorizing that it couldn't. But, who knows. Nothing she does makes any sense to me.

I just went and looked at the court docket for y'all cause that's just the kinda girl I am :) It's a motion preventing the disclosure of the detailed defense billing records that they have to submit to be compensated by the State.

Thank you! Just curious - how did you find out the specifics?

Sure, if JM successfully busts the Dr. on fudging, hiding, or otherwise purposely messing with the evidence and can show that the defense knew about it, then that would result in serious sanctions for the defense--up to and including a mistrial. The problem is that the defense would probably really enjoy a mistrial at this point, so JM might not want to push it too far.

You make an excellent point. While I find the idea of the Defense doing something shady reprehensible, a mistrial would be devastating to the TA family and everyone who has waited to see justice in this case.

I think it can be either? I wandered over to the court website to see if there was any more specific information (there wasn't) but this jumped out at me:

STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENSE MOTION TO PRECLUDE EVIDENCE OF GUN THEFT

It's a docket entry from December 2012. So, doesn't this indicate that there IS evidence that she stole Grandpas gun but that the jury and the public aren't going to get to see it?

Oh I doubt that. If Juan evidence of such a thing, that goes directly to his case, that she stole the gun to kill Travis. This may just be the police report re: the stolen gun from 2008. I am not a lawyer though, so I could be wrong!

Makes sense to me. She probably heard somewhere that the cameras can't read your plates if they're upside down. The front one was also missing. I know she must have been aware of cameras because she brings them up incessantly, telling him to check the cameras, check the cameras, in an effort to prove she wasn't there that day. He finally tells her, unless you ran a red light there's no point really. So no, we haven't checked the cameras. She planned ahead, and I am sure the plates fooling the cameras were part of her plan.

IMO, Arias didn't drive at all in Arizona with plate upside down. Why would she risk that if her original plan was avoid detection in Arizona ? Any cop could have pulled her over in AZ and created a record ...

I believe she did one of two things :

1) After removing the front license plate, Arias attached the Arizona plate from Travis' BMW to the rental car while driving through Arizona ... or ...

2) The front license plate was never taken off the car and Arias flipped to back plate after leaving Arizona in the hopes of establishing an alibi in either Nevada or Utah.

Hope no one minds, just wanted some insight on this, moved over from end of last thread. I haven't been able to watch all of the trial. I have a question that maybe some of you can help me with. I am pretty much the same height and weight as TA but 20 years older. I can think of no way a 115 pound female could stab me 29 times unless I was physically restrained. After the first stab, I would be in fight for survival mode. I might not survive, but she would surely be at least seriously injured if not killed. You might get stabbed once if it was from behind. The second stab would be a glancing blow as you turned towards your attacker. There wouldn't be a 3rd stab wound except maybe a defensive wound to the hands or forearms. I would think any 200 pound man could incapacitate any 115 pound woman with a single blow. From that point it would go very badly for the smaller incapacitated attacker. I believe the gunshot was forensically proven to have occurred after the stabbings. But even at that a .25 pistol is not immediately debilitating under most circumstances. It makes me wonder if that's why JA removed the ropes from the scene. Were they used in the commission of the crime? Was TA tied up either as sex play or at gunpoint before the knife attack occurred?

JA diriver's license had her at 125 lbs. and I do not know how much TA weighed. First of all we do not know for sure if any ropes really existed. We would need to believe a huge liar, JA and I personally don't believe anything she says, she has just lied too much.

Who knows what happened first. TA was in the shower and possibly not paying attention to JA, other than hoping she would go away. I believe it was certainly possible that TA being in the shower did not see the knife wound to his heart if taken by suprise. That wound would not have killed him right away, but it was the beginning of him bleeding to death, that wound would have killed him once all the blood was gone.

After he stumbled out of the shower, that may have been when the stab wounds to his back began and she could have chased him into the other room. He would have been bleeding and coughing up blood as he tried to get away. I believe it would be easy to see how a 125 lb. woman could have gotten the better of him, because at that point he was in serious trouble. She had the advantage with the suprise attack, and so he had the disadvantage.

He was also naked and most likely slipped on the tile floor, cause he was wet. If he fell she would have been all over him. I can see it happening. I used to practice wrestling with my brother who was larger and heavier than me, but sometimes I was faster than he was!

I just went and looked at the court docket for y'all cause that's just the kinda girl I am :) It's a motion preventing the disclosure of the detailed defense billing records that they have to submit to be compensated by the State.
Karamdy - they filed that long, long ago. Would there be an occasion to re-file (or what ever the term is) again?
I believe they argued before that revealing their expenses would reveal their "roadmap" of defense.

Thank you! Just curious - how did you find out the specifics?

If you look at the public record in person rather than on the internet, you can see the actual document attached for almost everything.

Watching HLN and the snippets of JAs police interviews. No matter how many times I see these, it still makes me shiver right down to my toes. There's just no "there" there.

Well, she did have "good pitch" on Oh, Holy Night...so there's that.

If the gun contained hollow point bullets, would ME or forensics be able to tell if that is what was found?

I think it can be either? I wandered over to the court website to see if there was any more specific information (there wasn't) but this jumped out at me:

STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENSE MOTION TO PRECLUDE EVIDENCE OF GUN THEFT

It's a docket entry from December 2012. So, doesn't this indicate that there IS evidence that she stole Grandpas gun but that the jury and the public aren't going to get to see it?
If you read farther, wasn't that denied? Juan did, after all, bring the detective who worked the case as a witness.

JA diriver's license had her at 125 lbs. and I do not know how much TA weighed. First of all we do not know for sure if any ropes really existed. We would need to believe a huge liar, JA and I personally don't believe anything she says, she has just lied too much.

So we know that she weighed at least 135. Come on! You know we all do it! :floorlaugh:

Karamdy - they filed that long, long ago. Would there be an occasion to re-file (or what ever the term is) again?
I believe they argued before that revealing their expenses would reveal their "roadmap" of defense.

I just skimmed it, but I gathered that there had been some very recent requests from a specific organization (something about public defense, I can't remember the exact title) and from the media.

Representing yourself in a death penalty case seems pretty risky and ballsy...

But, certainly not "Assertive" right? lmao.

I would pay a pretty penny to hear JM ask the Good Doctor, hypothetically speaking of course, if an individual thought that they were capable of representing themselves in a death penalty face, would that be considered assertive? Of course, I don't think they are allowed to say that JA wanted to represent herself. Too bad, though.

IMO, Arias didn't drive at all in Arizona with plate upside down. Why would she risk that if her original plan was avoid detection in Arizona ? Any cop could have pulled her over in AZ and created a record ...

I believe she did one of two things :

1) After removing the front license plate, Arias attached the Arizona plate from Travis' BMW to the rental car while driving through Arizona
... or ...

2) The front license plate was never taken off the car and Arias flipped to back plate after leaving Arizona in the hopes of establishing an alibi in either Nevada or Utah.

BBM

How did she have access to the BMW? Wasn't the car still in AZ?

None of this PTSD stuff matters in the debate of guilty versus not-guilty. Even if the jurors believe that JA really suffers from true amnesia it still doesn't negate the fact that she killed Travis in cold blood. Same thing for the alleged abuse. Abuse or not JA is guilty but there is no evidence even! This jury will not simply believe something because JA says so.

The deliberations will center around the 25+ stab wounds, throat cut from ear to ear, gun shot to the head, ME's testimony, the crime scene evidence and the texts/messages etc. from end of March through June 2008 and JA's behaviour shortly before and after murder. That is it. I'm confident (thanks in part to Katiecoolady) than this jury will get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing