long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't follow...are you saying the poster does not believe that an acquittal is a real possibility (as was written), or something else? Probably my fog kicking in.

Sorry I didn't explain that one better. Add my fog in as well. :floorlaugh:

The poster you replied to is not neutral, as she/he indicated in another thread that her/his belief is that it is manslaughter.

I have a question for all you super sleuthers out there. Since we are all very well aware of the fact that Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time and how it has affected our trial viewing schedules (LOL), do you think all this has been taken into consideration of any timeline that has presented in this trial? We have the time of day of her all her stops in Califonia, the timeline in Arisona and the timeline of her time in Utah and back to Califonia. This may not be making any sense, but any input would be appreciated. I amy just be overthinking this. TIA

Right. And am I correct in assuming this information is not sealed forever? It will be made available after the trial is over?

What a joke of a defence team! It's like watching a comedy hour special. Their behaviour is laughable.
Ok question? When martinez is done with jack the quack:floorlaugh:
Can wilmott re- question the doc?
Pleeeze tell me it isn't so!

I have a question for all you super sleuthers out there. Since we are all very well aware of the fact that Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time and how it has affected our trial viewing schedules (LOL), do you think all this has been taken into consideration of any timeline that has presented in this trial? We have the time of day of her all her stops in Califonia, the timeline in Arisona and the timeline of her time in Utah and back to Califonia. This may not be making any sense, but any input would be appreciated. I amy just be overthinking this. TIA

I don't think so.

I doubt she had time to upload the photos to a computer, even if she had her laptop with her. It was past 5:33 when the last photo was snapped, and she still had delete the photos, try to clean up the crime scene somewhat with the bloody towel, and put the towel, Travis' clothes and undergarments in the washing machine and get out of Dodge before Travis' roommates returned home. Enrique Cortez said he got home around 6 pm. Didn't give her much time at all.

Wouldn't it have been simpler just to take the memory card?

Time required could have been as little as 2.5 minutes or less, depending upon method. Remember, she's a professional photographer -- self-proclaimed -- and was accustomed to doing this in her sleep.

I've studied the manual and the time required to delete all images from the card and/or the 31MB of internal memory using the "Delete Folder" method on the camera could have been less than 30 seconds.

JA figured the card shouldn't go missing. Too many questions would ensue.

Her miscalculation was that the card would be rendered useless, right along with the camera.

No worries, right?

Oops...

Go-to-jail.jpg

Finger Info: Here's some interesting info about knife wounds that occur on the perpetrator..

MECHANISMS FOR SELF-WOUNDING

During a violent attack with a knife or similar sharp instrument with its ensuing struggle, there may be numerous opportunities for the assailant also to sustain injuries.

By the very nature of such an assault, often with hand-to-hand combat and with multiple thrusts or slashes, it is quite difficult, or impossible, for the knife wielder to control each action. The following seven scenarios are proposed as possible causative factors in self-wounding.

Mechanism 1: While stabbing the victim, the assailant hits bone or otherwise resistant material. The abrupt stopping of the knife causes the assailant's hand to slide forward, allowing the hand gripping the knife to slide across the blade. Such a scenario typically would cause a slicing of the palmar surfaces of the hand or fingers. If the attack continues after the hand is cut, the presence of the assailant's blood on the knife handle reduces the gripping ability further, making even multiple self-wounding likely.

Mechanism 2: If the assailant wields the knife in one hand and tries to restrain the struggling victim with the other, it is possible that the assailant's hand on the victim will suffer a stab wound during the multiple thrusts. Such a stab wound would commonly be seen on the back of the hand or fingers or on the arm of the free hand.

Mechanism 3: If a folding knife without a locking blade, such as a jackknife, strikes a resistant surface, the knife blade can fold across the assailant's hand. Such an event would typically cause a guillotine-like knife-edge wound, either across the outer surfaces of the fingers or across the wrist or the heel of the palm, depending upon the knife's orientation in the assailant's hand.

Mechanism 4: Due to the great momentum involved in a typical stab, the knife may be capable of becoming lodged in bone or connective tissue. If the assailant attempts to remove the knife during the continuing struggle with the victim, it is possible that the hands could grasp a partially- exposed knife blade, causing slicing wounds to the palmar surfaces.

Mechanism 5: In a slashing action with a knife or other sharp-edged weapon, a glancing blow against the victim or a complete miss may, by the weapon's momentum, cause a slash injury to the assailant. Be cause of the virtually limitless degrees of freedom in how this slashing motion may be delivered toward the victim, the resulting injury to the assailant could occur to almost any part of the assailant's anatomy.

Mechanism 6: Similarly, defensive actions by the victim may cause a redirecting of the weapon's arc into the assailant. Again, the variety of possible movements makes for a limitless list of injuries possible.

Mechanism 7: In a struggle for control of the weapon, the assailant may grab for the weapon. This could result in slicing wounds to the palmar surfaces of the hand or fingers of the assailant.

It can reasonably be seen that some of these mechanisms are directly related to the design of the knife used. The absence of a guard between the hilt and blade certainly makes Mechanism 1 more likely, since the presence of such a guard would prevent the slipping of the hand onto the blade when the knife abruptly stops. Obviously the folding blade is unique to jack knives and other pocket knives; injuries as related in Mechanism 3 would be possible only with such a knife. Also, the absence of a bolster on the end of the hilt would make extraction of a knife from a victim more difficult, possibly begetting actions similar to Mechanism 4. It would seem likely that, in some instances, a description of the types of wounds found on the assailant possibly could be correlated with the murder weapon.

Source: http://www.forensic-lab.com/publications/cutslice.html

What a joke of a defence team! It's like watching a comedy hour special. Their behaviour is laughable.

No, it isn't so.

The people it says she is related to..when you look at their profiles it doesn't mention she is related to them. Their profiles do mention who they are related to and if you click those relatives, it mentions the people you just read the profile of. Hope that makes sense.

Like you said...weird.

Watching the Blue Eyed Butcher on Lifetime, The woman that stabbed her husband nearly 200 times. Interestingly she went into a "FOG" too. I have seen this movie several times and never caught that until today. Wonder if Jodi saw this movie or Dr. Scamuals maybe. She also claimed Self Defense.

Search YouTube for "Blue Eyed Butcher" and you can watch the entire show ... for a few $$.

Sorry I didn't explain that one better. Add my fog in as well. :floorlaugh:

The poster you replied to is not neutral, as she/he indicated in another thread that her/his belief is that it is manslaughter.

Oh, that way...gotcha. :crosseyed:

OMG, watching Blue Eyed Butcher about Susan Wright on lifetime and after she stabbed her husband 193 times, she........wait for it.....went into a fog!

I am watching it too!! Can you believe it? A FOG. Wonder if that is where JA got it from this movie. jmo

So funny how:

1. Jodi first tells detectives she had nothing to do with Travis and was not with him on day he died.

2. Comes up with the story of an armed robbery and how she survived as two masked intruders killed Travis.
A. Perhaps she dragged Travis to the bedroom to make it look like intruders attacked him upon entering the house with knife and then dragged him and continued stabbing in the bathroom area.
3. She admits to killing him, but in self defense.
A. Quite funny considering she bought all that gasoline and a conspicuous car. One wonders if her delusion and narcissism are so great that she believed she could kill him in shower and dismember him in there, and then wash away the evidence only to drive poor Travis's remains out to the desert to be burned and buried.
i. Unfortunately, It isn't like a movie or a photo shoot when you try to kill someone and things can get messy. I think she panicked when he was exited the shower and she found that she had stabbed him to death on carpet and evidence was everywhere.
ii. In her panic, with her plan foiled by a messy scene, she thought of what she could do to make it look like a robbery. She dragged his body by the door hoping it would look like he was initially assaulted by 2 armed thiefs by his front door and then his body dragged back into the bathroom.
a. Unfortunately the police noticed her handprint on the wall, her hair, the pictures, so much evidence she left behind in a panic as she realized her fantasy didn't play out the way she had expected. The overkill of the blow to the head post mortem and near decapitation of his head (which I think was her feeble attempt at dismembering him and she gave up in her panic).

All of these "excuses" are interesting to me because:

She seems to live in a fantasy world. Her expectations of the crime were so far fetched. Who would think they could get away with a clean crime scene with a victim that is twice their size and could put up a messy fight/possibly survive to accuse? Her expectations of her own abilities are quite inflated. When she finds that situations like a murder plot (or people!) do not meet her idealized expectations, her fantasy is destroyed and she flies into a dissociative state Devoid of all logic (leaving a camera and your fingerprints behind? Hello?!) and emotional connection.

I seem to recall it's in the 3500+ range, still sizeable. It has 4 or 5 bedrooms, depending on how you count them, plus a home office. The closet in his bedroom suite is as big as one of the bedrooms in my house (which is really small). So I don't know why HLN is saying that. Is he from Hollywood? :floorlaugh:

I also routinely hear JA referred to as "petite" although she is about 5'6". I'm 5'7" and the last time somebody referred to me as petite I was two years old.
So what have the guys from HLN said about JA's grandparent's home where she was living?

Was it Doc Sam who commented that JA had a lot going for her...and that there was no need for her to feel inferior to Travis? I thought...hold on...no high school diploma...she dropped out of high school...wandered from job to job...living with grandparents...buying a car from Travis (great loan terms) because her car was repossessed. She really had no tangible assets other than camera/computer. Of course she had no self-esteem...she wasn't doing anything to gain self-esteem!:confused:

I don't think the timeline down to the hour has a lot of impact. I recall Flores telling Jodi she had over 24 hours unaccounted fot in her story (maybe even more than that) so an hour here or therr would't make much of a difference if a time zone change was overlooked.

And I don't mean to sound snarky at all, but the level of confusion on this board about time zones is unlike anything I see in real life. Maybe living in the "forgotten time zone" (mountain) gets one used to calculating.

Someone posted a listing for Travis' old house. I clicked on his name, as the seller, and was led to his name on peoplesmart. It lists people he may be related to and one of the people it lists is Jodi E Alexander. That is very weird. Did Travis have a relative named Jodi?

http://www.peoplesmart.com/psp.aspx...Bottom_693x450Widget_Integrated&cam=3589&aff=

I'm sorry, that was me who posted it. I just picked the first result rather than trying to get a better link. Here's a better link: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arizona/Mesa/sold/20973669-11428-E-Queensborough-Ave-Mesa-AZ-85212

I don't know what to say about the link you found. Here's another indicating a Jodi E. Alexander was born in 1980 and lives in Mesa, Arizona (where none of his relatives live AFAIK). Maybe let KCL know? She knows the family and if the listing isn't correct, maybe one of the family members can get it corrected. http://www.mylife.com/c-8765321266

If the jury has more questions, which I heard they do, then JW gets to question RS again on those questions as does JM.

Oh my!! This movie is startling. And she will be eligible for parole next year!!!

Good thought on that, and love your quip about DST and viewing schedules!

IMO, the part of the trip getting most emphasis is everything from Yreka to Mesa, all of which are in the same timezone during DST. After Mesa time is not as critical, what is more important is what she did (ie. dispose of all weapons and evidence, rinse self off, fill up gas cans). The time she got back to Yreka may be important if something about her having to be back for work comes into play.

Most of our knives, including an even more lethal meat cleaver, are within easy reach on a strong 18" double magnetic strip made specifically for knives (thanks Julia Child for the tip), and while we have a gun, it's not as handy, and not currently loaded--and a policeman friend strongly advises against ordinary homeowners attempting to handle guns. So I've decided if we ever have to confront an intruder I'll reach first for the pepper spray/wasp spray and then for a big boy like this. :facepalm:

I'm British so I don't even know what a gun looks like :blushing: ! I agree about the pepper spray. I carry a can on long runs and cycle rides. Prince Edward Island, Canada where I now live is pretty rural and farmers all have dogs! :run: :bicycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter