long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he said he's been in practice for over 30 years.

I'm sorry. I was being a smart arse :giggle: and now I feel bad because several people have answered me.

He answers every question with "in my 35 years of experience"

sorry sleuths, carry on...

She would have to have used a computer that had the proper software installed for TA's camera, so that would have been his computer. Then she could transfer them to another storage device, such as a thumb drive or burn them onto a CD. There would have been some record of this on TA's computer.

I don't believe that she could have uploaded images from his Sony to her Canon...the coding would not have been compatible. I did a quick websearch and it appears that she could not have uploaded them to a smart phone either. At that time, one still had to use a computer as an intermediate step.

JA is no dummy, yet she does not know everything. IMO, she thought that the deleted photos would not be retrieved after the memory card went through the washer with bleach.

Sony DSC-H9/B (B for Black Model) can connect directly to PC. The SD/Micro-SD card -- Sony called it "Memory Stick Pro Duo" -- is compatible with and easily read/recognized/written to by any computer, including Windows XP, back in that day.

H9/H7 workings were similar enough that they shared this manual.

She could have done this a bazillion ways and I believe that she probably did copy the images. She may have copies of these images any number of places, included uploaded and unshared. Do her ex-boyfriends have them? Were/are they hidden in the rental car(s)?

Again, I believe that the existence of copies of these and heretofore publicly unseen images is highly likely given her admitted penchant for archiving photos from her phone, cameras, etc.

Too late but I would like the prosecutor to ask Arias to describe a body slam by Travis~what his moves were and how her body responded. I think she would have an awkward & difficult time doing this. She claims he resorts to this and that's all too convenient, since he is a wrestler. I don't believe he ever body slammed her and that her notion of what that entails is vague & sketchy. We've seen some demonstrations of a true body slam in t.v. coverage and the net effect does not match her description of events, including how she would land. I think she would falter in any attempt to put his body slams into words. It was just her nifty catch-all for abusive violence.

I still cannot figure out how she was able to move so fast after a body slam.
Of course, I believe it never happened.

I think maybe she may tripped and stumbled and she is calling it a body slam.

When she was arrested! They found two knives in a box with books.
So it shows a pattern with knives.
What was she thinking of doing with those knives. Possibly stolen from granarents /parents home. She said she bought the 9mm. For protection. If so why was it strapped to the engine??
Does not make sense!
How is she going to protect herself in that case!
What! She's going to say! To the attacker! Can you please hold that thought! I left something in the car?

Pleeeze Matilda !

I want to know a lot more about those knives....size? were they tested for blood?

In JA's ninja story does she say how TA got all the stab wounds and throat slit? Or does she address this at all? ty

Although the detective attempts to get her to talk about Travis being stabbed, I don't believe she ever stated that she saw how he was stabbed, or who actually did it. She skirted the questions. It's worth watching.

Notice how fluid the story is about the day, until the introduction of the "intruders". After that, she takes many pauses in order to make the story up as she goes. Fake crying = stall tactic to think.

I'm sorry. I was being a smart arse :giggle: and now I feel bad because several people have answered me.

haha...I caught your joke but wish we had a symbol for just kidding or meant to be tongue in cheek etc

Some of us are just a tad analytical.

There might be some -- how did the lying torture-murderess put it? -- "hyperliteralists" here as well.

My theory is that she was wearing a hoodie or some other garment that had pockets. Theoretically, at least, that little gun and a knife could fit into one of the pockets. And, I also think that ceiling pic was accidentally taken when she was stuffing the camera into one of those pockets just before the gun came out (hence the elevation of the camera when it was snapped).

Can I prove it? Nope!

That could work too, can't prove it didn't happen that way, and then that makes the rope another meaningless, useless lie to get a knife into the room.

:facepalm:

Although the detective attempts to get her to talk about Travis being stabbed, I don't believe she ever stated that she saw how he was stabbed, or who actually did it. She skirted the questions. It's worth watching.

Notice how fluid the story is about the day, until the introduction of the "intruders". After that, she takes many pauses in order to make the story up as she goes. Fake crying = stall tactic to think.

She didn't say, cause she said they let her go, so she ran out of there and drove away...

A useful image. That's exactly the kind of knife I have been visualising. Mine's safely in a kitchen utensil drawer! I quite agree it would give the holder a strong advantage. Someone ready to fight for their life might still be able to grab her wrist as she came close and stabbed. Adrenaline may allow a tussle even with quite a deep arm wound although with a deep body wound perhaps not so much.

I feel shooting a gun from a slight distance would be less risky for the attacker than making contact with the victim with a knife. But only marginally.

Most of our knives, including an even more lethal meat cleaver, are within easy reach on a strong 18" double magnetic strip made specifically for knives (thanks Julia Child for the tip), and while we have a gun, it's not as handy, and not currently loaded--and a policeman friend strongly advises against ordinary homeowners attempting to handle guns. So I've decided if we ever have to confront an intruder I'll reach first for the pepper spray/wasp spray and then for a big boy like this. :facepalm:

Too late but I would like the prosecutor to ask Arias to describe a body slam by Travis~what his moves were and how her body responded. I think she would have an awkward & difficult time doing this. She claims he resorts to this and that's all too convenient, since he is a wrestler. I don't believe he ever body slammed her and that her notion of what that entails is vague & sketchy. We've seen some demonstrations of a true body slam in t.v. coverage and the net effect does not match her description of events, including how she would land. I think she would falter in any attempt to put his body slams into words. It was just her nifty catch-all for abusive violence.

Body_Slam.jpg

Wonder if any knives were missing from her workplace. She was working in a restuarant still correct?

Kelly

Plus her father owns restaurants. She has several places she could have easily stolen a chief's knife without anyone suspecting it was her.

I wish that a juror had asked Dr. Samuels if Jodi ever spoke to him about girlfriends. I find it very disconcerting, if not downright peculiar that Jodi had no female friends. Dr. S mentions that Jodi had no one to confide in and no family close to her, but he makes no mention of JA's lack of friends other than men.

I would have asked Jodi about her lack of female friends, and I wonder what the good doc would say about this. It just doesn't sound "normal" to me, not that anything about Jodi can be characterized as such. :moo:

She didn't say, cause she said they let her go, so she ran out of there and drove away...

Thanks. I was thinking that but wasn't sure. Had she seen the crime scene pics when she was telling Flores the ninja story? ty

...snipped
There may be something about this in rebuttal. The total blackout/silence on all of this (including the lack of media trying to elicit info from the grandparents about the gun) just makes me think there is something important yet to come regarding these issues - unless the grandparents have died... hope not - especially for their sakes...

But the media is frighteningly hopeless. Even HLN keeps saying Travis lived in an apartment with a surprisingly small bathroom area. ugh!

"The sound waves are hitting my ears, but my mind is not computing."
I'm thinking we may hear that very phrase come out of LaViolette's mouth. Any wagers?

You misunderstood my post. I am saying ARIAS, through LaViolette's interview, picked up on LaViolette's lingo, and is mimicking it on the stand to further her "battered woman" defense. Arias picked up on the lingo during her interview.
Arias is the one using LaViolette's words - with or WITHOUT Laviolette's instruction. I'm not bashing her..........................yet.
I agree to a point...what she describes is known as aphasia and it isn't concurrent with domestic violence but rather with PTSD, which is sometimes an effect of IPV.

If we were going to hear about aphasia it should've been Samuels to introduce it, I think. We didn't though we heard it, indirectly, through her testimony. That leads me to believe she's done independent research apart from the 'experts' altogether.

A phrase like 'reactive when exerting my independence' could easily come from Alyce LaViolette though - or many, many self-help books on abusive relationships. Especially when the evidence apparently suggests a reaction much the opposite than what would be found in abuse. ;)

JMO

O/T gotten go do some errands. Have a good day. Looking forward to reading posts later today.

Sony DSC-H9/B (B for Black Model) can connect directly to PC. The SD/Micro-SD card -- Sony called it "Memory Stick Pro Duo" -- is compatible with and easily read/recognized/written to by any computer, including Windows XP, back in that day.

H9/H7 workings were similar enough that they shared this manual.

She could have done this a bazillion ways and I believe that she probably did copy the images. She may have copies of these images any number of places, included uploaded and unshared. Do her ex-boyfriends have them? Were/are they hidden in the rental car(s)?

Again, I believe that the existence of copies of these and heretofore publicly unseen images is highly likely given her admitted penchant for archiving photos from her phone, cameras, etc.

I doubt she had time to upload the photos to a computer, even if she had her laptop with her. It was past 5:33 when the last photo was snapped, and she still had delete the photos, try to clean up the crime scene somewhat with the bloody towel, and put the towel, Travis' clothes and undergarments in the washing machine and get out of Dodge before Travis' roommates returned home. Enrique Cortez said he got home around 6 pm. Didn't give her much time at all.

Wouldn't it have been simpler just to take the memory card?

Thanks. I was thinking that but wasn't sure. Had she seen the crime scene pics when she was telling Flores the ninja story? ty

That's a good question, I think she had cause she had her heels dug in initially that she was never there, even after Flores told her he had pictures on the day of her arrest. The ninja story came up the day after her arrest after spending the night in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84