long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the media is frighteningly hopeless. Even HLN keeps saying Travis lived in an apartment with a surprisingly small bathroom area. ugh!

I am pretty sure I read his house was 4500 to 5000 sq. feet. I was shocked when one of the guys on HLN said the other night that it was a small house. I think that is pretty big personally. jmo

Thanks. I was thinking that but wasn't sure. Had she seen the crime scene pics when she was telling Flores the ninja story? ty

Nope, she asked to see them but Detective Flores said no.

mck16 said:
I am pretty sure I read his house was 4500 to 5000 sq. feet. I was shocked when one of the guys on HLN said the other night that it was a small house. I think that is pretty big personally. jmo

That's what one of the roommates said, but when I looked up the house on real estate websites it gave the house size as 3,691 square feet iirc.

http://phoenix.blockshopper.com/property/30433585/11428_e_queensborough_avenue

That's a good question, I think she had cause she had her heels dug in initially that she was never there, even after Flores told her he had pictures on the day of her arrest. The ninja story came up the day after her arrest after spending the night in jail.

I heard her or someone say she wanted to see the pictures so she could fabricate a story to match the wounds, etc. It just seems funny she hasn't addressed those knife wounds anywhere. Even when testifying she said that she must have done it obviously because she was the only one there. I can't believe she was doing all this right after she was arrested. She isn't smart enough to be setting up a defense then is she. But, then again she was going to represent herself there for awhile. jmo

I seem to recall it's in the 3500+ range, still sizeable. It has 4 or 5 bedrooms, depending on how you count them, plus a home office. The closet in his bedroom suite is as big as one of the bedrooms in my house (which is really small). So I don't know why HLN is saying that. Is he from Hollywood? :floorlaugh:

I also routinely hear JA referred to as "petite" although she is about 5'6". I'm 5'7" and the last time somebody referred to me as petite I was two years old.

Does anyone remember Jodi referring to battered womem as THINGS? Then she went on and said she turned into one of those THINGS. It was a real bad acting job and the words she chose to use made her look bad oppose to whatever she was trying to accomplish.

When she was arrested! They found two knives in a box with books.
So it shows a pattern with knives.
What was she thinking of doing with those knives. Possibly stolen from granarents /parents home. She said she bought the 9mm. For protection. If so why was it strapped to the engine??
Does not make sense!
How is she going to protect herself in that case!
What! She's going to say! To the attacker! Can you please hold that thought! I left something in the car?

When she was assembling her "kill kit" (the knives and newer, more powerful gun), she was a seasoned veteran killer using both types of weapons. She was ready to take her act on the road, confident that she was capable of taking care of herself in any situation.

Can you imagine if she was able to disappear before she was arrested? With Travis taken care of, her mind was finally at rest and she could move on without a care in the world. She would have lost all contact with her family -- no problemo! She already knew that she can disguise her looks. Get Matt McCartney to help her get a new ID and then maybe take care of him as well, then she would have been free & clear. New bank account, and keep moving.:seeya: :great:

Pleeeze Matilda !

LOL! Yeah, Matilda ... puh-leeeze!!

Nope, she asked to see them but Detective Flores said no.

That's what one of the roommates said, but when I looked up the house on real estate websites it gave the house size as 3,691 square feet iirc.

http://phoenix.blockshopper.com/property/30433585/11428_e_queensborough_avenue

I believe what happened with the photos is, Det. Flores said they found the camera and there were photos taken contemporeanous to the murder :)floorlaugh:) and Jodi asked to see those. Not crime scene photos per se taken by LE. She wanted to know (a) if Flores was BSing her and (b) how she should change her story -- which she did they next day.

She filed an OP? Can you say Drama Queen! Doesn't she realize that most of the people watching this trial want to see the same thing that that lady said? Does she think that people actually like her or believe ANY of her BS? Um, Jodi, nobody is gonna attack you or kill you except for hopefully the State of Arizona. Stupid, stupid girl.

I think it's a reasonable precaution under the circumstances.

**Note - I'm NOT cheering for either side and don't really have a fully formed opinion about guilt or innocence. Just watching the trial and discussing ideas. ***

If Jodi Arias is aquitted (and that's a very real possible outcome in any trail) - there appears (to me anyway) an real issue for her safety and for the jury.

The general population seems to have lost the reality that all defendants on trial are innocent until proven guilty - by a jury and a court of law (not the press or the public).

Plus her father owns restaurants. She has several places she could have easily stolen a chief's knife without anyone suspecting it was her.

The same knife she stole from a restaurant to also slash tires. My husband said "Do you know how hard it is to slash tires"? I'm like NO ??? He then went on to say it's not as easy as it sounds. You would need a wide, sharp blade, and some strength. He thinks JA used the same knife to kill TA.

Too late but I would like the prosecutor to ask Arias to describe a body slam by Travis~what his moves were and how her body responded. I think she would have an awkward & difficult time doing this. She claims he resorts to this and that's all too convenient, since he is a wrestler. I don't believe he ever body slammed her and that her notion of what that entails is vague & sketchy. We've seen some demonstrations of a true body slam in t.v. coverage and the net effect does not match her description of events, including how she would land. I think she would falter in any attempt to put his body slams into words. It was just her nifty catch-all for abusive violence.

BBM

I agree. Maybe it is her moon/neptune opposition speaking. It is all fantasy on her part. 'Body slammed/wind knocked out of her/ rolled to the right...' It is all fabrication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS_JD2L View Post
My theory is that she was wearing a hoodie or some other garment that had pockets. Theoretically, at least, that little gun and a knife could fit into one of the pockets. And, I also think that ceiling pic was accidentally taken when she was stuffing the camera into one of those pockets just before the gun came out (hence the elevation of the camera when it was snapped).

Can I prove it? Nope!
I've also been interested in her clothing and I agree with you...this is what she was wearing when she killed Travis, which tells me that she left Travis's house, wearing something completely different, and snuck/sneaked back in, changed clothes and waited for him to get into the shower. There's one photo of Travis in the shower taken without flash where he, IMO, has a very surprised look on his face, I think that is when he first sees her dressed as a "Ninga". Two or three frames after that one he is sitting in the shower and then the last photo of his face is taken.

In JA's ninja story does she say how TA got all the stab wounds and throat slit? Or does she address this at all? ty

She does not describe a single knife wound. She does get down on all fours to describe how Travis was "on all four of his knees" as she demonstrated how he held the right side of his head (where there was a cut under his ear that cut through the neck strap muscle so had to be very painful) and described how he was screaming the whole time, "not like a girl, but..."

Detective Flores asked her what the intruders were saying to Travis. She couldn't offer much help beyond saying one was speaking quietly to him. They did not appear to be anyone Travis knew--especially since they were wearing face masks that covered their heads. :what: Oh, and at first she said it was two men, then she changed it to a man and a woman. The woman was taller than Jodi. You see, it's always about Jodi.

She described trying to help Travis stand up since he couldn't stand. She said she put a hand on his back trying to 'help' him. He asked her, at least twice, she claims, to go for help. She talked about him getting weaker and weaker and then...she left.

It's a good thing I'm at a loss for words right now because I'd incur a mod snip or two for sure. Poor Travis. :furious:

Plus her father owns restaurants. She has several places she could have easily stolen a chief's knife without anyone suspecting it was her.

My guess is that she used more of a tactical weapon/knife. For such a violent bloody stabbing, she only had one or two cuts on her fingers. The knife would have been bloody and slippery. I was looking at one of my chef's knives and the guard isn't made to keep your hand from sliding down the blade, most of us don't repeatedly stab our roasts!

A tactical knife would have had more of a guard to keep the hand from sliding amd getting sliced.

Just another idea.

The same knife she stole from a restaurant to also slash tires. My husband said "Do you know how hard it is to slash tires"? I'm like NO ??? He then went on to say it's not as easy as it sounds. You would need a wide, sharp blade, and some strength. He thinks JA used the same knife to kill TA.

I agree. No disrespect to Travis intended, but I find it hard to cut up a chicken unless I really sharpen my knives well (and even then I sometimes have to use a cleaver). That throat slit had to have been with a very very sharp knife. I wonder if there was more than one?

Does anyone remember Jodi referring to battered womem as THINGS? Then she went on and said she turned into one of those THINGS. It was a real bad acting job and the words she chose to use made her look bad oppose to whatever she was trying to accomplish.
'Those people'. Oh yes, I remember it so very well. ;)

She didn't want to be known as one of those people. And I quite agree, for me its very foreign terminology to use in conjunction with abuse victims and survivors, when you yourself have been there, done that, and should own the gold-plated T-shirt as proof.

Usually, victims who become survivors have an immense amount of compassion for others who have walked in their path.

OMG, watching Blue Eyed Butcher about Susan Wright on lifetime and after she stabbed her husband 193 times, she........wait for it.....went into a fog!

I wish that a juror had asked Dr. Samuels if Jodi ever spoke to him about girlfriends. I find it very disconcerting, if not downright peculiar that Jodi had no female friends. Dr. S mentions that Jodi had no one to confide in and no family close to her, but he makes no mention of JA's lack of friends other than men.

I would have asked Jodi about her lack of female friends, and I wonder what the good doc would say about this. It just doesn't sound "normal" to me, not that anything about Jodi can be characterized as such. :moo:

She was not about to confide the truth to anyone - not friends, not family, not him, not then, not now, and definitely not this jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16