long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JA's Mother knows more than anyone is aware. It's just a hinky feeling I get. I think JA is throwing her Mother under the bus with her Mother's full approval. If law enforcement and investigators really believed there was a level of tension, frustration or bad blood, it would throw them off of Mama's trail. This woman raised her and knows her better than anyone. She lived it. I think she helped JA as much as she could. I also have a real problem with Auntie finding the phone so long after the crime. Auntie and Mama are twins. There is no bond tighter than that. JA had help from The Twins. IMO. And I only mean after the killing.

When you have a witness like JA and the good doc who come to the stand with attitude. Who do not answer questions properly and who have no respect for the court of law I am sure it is hard to remain calm after asking the same question over and over and not getting an answer. I know he is a professional and should be calm, but I don't think the jury minds because they feel the frustration also. JA and the doc are just prolonging the jury's time in the box and I am sure they are getting tired and want to get on with it. jmo

Not to forget!! The judge! With no control in her courtroom! I've never seen a judge like this! Never! I wonder if martinez has been before her before! Give us judge perry! Whoop azzzz

"Victor Arias" is a supposed ex-boyfriend she met in Costa Rica. She testified she was part of a Foreign Exchange program while in her teens. I've been unable to find that part of her testimony., but I'm still looking.

At least one time the exchange b.f. named Victor Arias was discussed was on Thursday, March 7, some time mid to late morning. Not in a place to look up further than that right now, but I recall hearing it in on HLN in the car while on the way to an appointment about noon p.s.t. that day... Hope this is helpful...

I wonder why she chose that route (93) as opposed to the more direct route 89N? If she had taken the direct route, she would have been near Flagstaff at app. the same time her phone pinged north of Kingman.

Can anyone familiar with the area explain why she might choose one over the other? Why drive NW on 93 when 89N is a straight shot from Mesa to Utah?:waitasec:

I am not from the area, but looking at the map, I wondered about that also. But you have to remember, she was suppose to be coming from California to see Ryan Burns, not from Mesa, Arizona. This also shows she wasn't in a fog; this was all part of her plan of covering her tracks. JMO

From the new information about the Cancun trip that has surfaced, purportedly there are tickets reflecting change of companion made in April, 2008. If these tickets do exist, they would be more probative than prejudicial. We know they would be relevant because Martinez has alleged Arias was jealous because another woman was going to accompany Travis. The tickets go to the issue of expectations of Arias. She had relied on the plan to take her. Now she was displaced. We were told she was more depressed than any time in her life when she upped stakes and left for Yreka in April. She has provided other reasons for her despair. I'm going to search our threads on that topic but I remember some of her reasons and they may be hollow.

IIRC, didn't JA testify that she was never invited to go on the Cancun trip? That she was always under the impression that Travis invited the baby sitter as a means to pay back a loan or some such thing?

I find that hard to believe since Travis was notified in 2007 ( one year before the schedued date of departure) that he had won the trip. Weren't they 'a couple' at that time? Hopefully, JM can impeach her during rebuttal with a copy of an airline reservation with her name on it.

Evening everyone. I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me:

1. Were the evidentiary hearings held on 08-08-11, 08-09-11, 08-10-11 and 08-15-11 open to the public?

2. Who broke the story of the airline tickets and when?

TIA

I think JA's Mother knows more than anyone is aware. It's just a hinky feeling I get. I think JA is throwing her Mother under the bus with her Mother's full approval. If law enforcement and investigators really believed there was a level of tension, frustration or bad blood, it would throw them off of Mama's trail. This woman raised her and knows her better than anyone. She lived it. I think she helped JA as much as she could. I also have a real problem with Auntie finding the phone so long after the crime. Auntie and Mama are twins. There is no bond tighter than that. JA had help from The Twins. IMO. And I only mean after the killing.
Probably where JA's mommy issues came from. She always placed 2nd in line of importance and bonding. She didn't get to be the center of attention in mama's world. Abandonment issues. Something about her mothers facial language and demeanor says cold fish to me. Not a real huggy mommy sort. Of course I could be wrong, but that's what I get.

Twins. Can you imagine if there were two Jodis.

IIRC, didn't JA testify that she was never invited to go on the Cancun trip? That she was always under the impression that Travis invited the baby sitter as a means to pay back a loan or some such thing?

I find that hard to believe since Travis was notified in 2007 ( one year before the schedued date of departure) that he had won the trip. Weren't they 'a couple' at that time? Hopefully, JM can impeach her during rebuttal with a copy of an airline reservation with her name on it.
I have no doubt that Travis and Jodi were going to Cancun originally. That plan changed as the relationship soured and he wanted out. JMO.

Not to forget!! The judge! With no control in her courtroom! I've never seen a judge like this! Never! I wonder if martinez has been before her before! Give us judge perry! Whoop azzzz

With the utmost of respect to you, my final assessment of Judge Perry was not all that good. I had very high hopes at the beginning of the trial. He lost me when he never followed through with any disciplinary hearings or actions re: JB. He talked the talk but in the end, never walked the walk. He maintained fairness with no follow through.

Evening everyone. I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me:

1. Were the evidentiary hearings held on 08-08-11, 08-09-11, 08-10-11 and 08-15-11 open to the public?

2. Who broke the story of the airline tickets and when?

TIA

I am interested in these answers too.

Yes, but WHEN did this happen since she dropped out of high school and she claims that Bobby Juarez was her first love and she moved out of her parents home at 17 and lived with Bobby? if you are not in school how do you get into an "exchange student" program. Or did she do this in Middle school or something. There is something hinky about that whole timeline, IMO.

That's a good point. Something doesn't make sense here?

JRS, it would appear that the DT has requested that all objections by discussed at the bench, they don't want "speaking objections" where it's all discussed in front of the jury. Is there some caselaw that says they can ask for this?

JW wanted Juan to shut and not saying something in his objection that would let something out so she wanted a sidebar.

Jodi has burned how many of her attorneys and their experts and made them look like fools?

I dont believe the gun is in tbe desert. Shes not going to tell anyone whete to find her grandfathers gun.She probably has everthing in a bag and buried it or threw in in a lake.

I am not from the area, but looking at the map, I wondered about that also. But you have to remember, she was suppose to be coming from California to see Ryan Burns, not from Mesa, Arizona. This also shows she wasn't in a fog; this was all part of her plan of covering her tracks. JMO

Which also leads me to another problem with her cover up if the phone pinged near Kingman AZ. Why would she even be near Kingman if she supposedly had driven from Pasadena CA, through Las Vegas, to SLC using I-15?

Was this a premature "finding of the cell phone charger"?

:waitasec:

MOO

i don't buy the transglobal amnesia. first she called the police to find out what they knew then she lied on the interrogation tapes, if she had amnesia wouldn't she say she couldn't remember? :twocents:

The first 'trial balloon' Doc Samuels tried--transglobal amnesia--is so OTT when you read the description of it and how it generally involves 50 to 80 year old men who can't remember who they are or where they are, and once told they keep forgetting and have to ask again. He might as well have said Jodi was a space alien upset her mission here on Earth had been thwarted. :saber:

So, alack and alas, the good doc has now moved on to trial balloon #2--Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. (I realize he calls it his 'diagnosis' but we'll find out after the jury delivers its verdict whether that second trial balloon also crashed and burned.)

P.S. Doesn't this give new meaning to the term "trial balloon?" A theory filled with hot air floated during a trial. :floorlaugh:

In case you missed these terrific articles Linda from NY and WhoaIsMe posted earlier, I think you'll enjoy these:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-essays/

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...#ixzz2OPCe4Ybw

PrincessSezMe's favorite quote (mine too) from the first link:
"The odds of her suffering amnesia after a traumatic event: 3-8 out of 100,000. The odds of her being struck by lightning in her life: 1 out of 5000. Perhaps Dr. Samuels should have said aloud, that which was stated in the text of the slide, Jodi Arias is many times more likely to be struck by lightning, than to have amnesia.”

My favorite quote from the second link:
"The most significant aspect of PTSD is the inability to forget a traumatic experience. Regardless of Samuel’s psycho-nonsense, the issues of PTSD and amnesia are written from the standpoint of victim of trauma-not perpetrator."

Twins. Can you imagine if there were two Jodis.

I've been 'into' researching true crimes since I was a little girl. Kinda twisted maybe, but I am what I am lolol...... that being said, JA scares me more than anyone ever has. She has Manson beat by more than a mile. Look at her. Look at how she left TA crumpled in that shower. Nothing human could have done that. It sounds like a joke but I mean it when I say that if she ever gets out I pray she is microchipped and plotted like a pushpin map.... I want to know exactly where she is at all times. She cares the bejeezus outta me and I don't scare much at all. There is true evil in that skin. And the world needs to keep an eye on her and keep their distance.

That's a good point. Something doesn't make sense here?

Even when she went as an exchange student! She met this guy! They break up eventually! And she goes back thereto visit the family. Typical ja style! Spending most of her time following men! Stalking and confronting them even after the relationship ends.

Yes, JA said on the stand that she knew about the trip in 2007 and she was not going on the trip.

I have always been baffled when family members stand by their accused killer relatives, I have a big problem with that. I for one could never show up in court pretending to stand up for any killer. I would show up and sit on the side of the murdered victim. I am mean like that. I have no respect for those people :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966