Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there isn't.

The current Maricopa County Superior Court Docket Calendar for Judge Stephens has the lying torture-murderess's trial continuing at 9:15 a.m. tomorrow and 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday Arizona (Mountain Standard) time.

No trial scheduled for Thursday or Friday at this time.

Here's the link: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...lList.asp?ID=3604&startdate=4/1/2013&length=7

You can navigate to the link (it's Judge Stephens' schedule for this week) and page-search for "Arias" or the case number CR2008-031021.

KN wanted to introduce a video for the judge to enforce his complaint against JM for misconduct and I believe that is why the judge set the time for 9:15 am tomorrow to give the judge a chance to view the video. Nurmi said he could have the video by Tuesday.

"Isn't the trauma here that Mr. Alexander is dead?" -Juan Martinez to Samuels

:clap: :clap: :clap:

HLN After Dark repeat just came on.

The Defence team and their so called expert witnesses seem to have forgotten that TA is dead because of a brutal murder and that is the trauma.

Good Morning everyone. Happy April Fool's Day!!!

I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

I don't even believe it for one second. lol

She did this all on her own and the evidence supports it too.

IMO

What evidence? There are no weapons.
The only evidence they have is her palm print and a few strands of her locks.

There could've been a damn slumber party there for all we know.
Someone cleaned up the scene and dragged Travis back into the shower. There is more tampering (by the perpetrators) than there is evidence.

I just don't understand why some of you are steadfast against the idea she had help.
It doesn't change the outcome at all. She deserves the death penalty and I am very much against that but that's how strong I am about this murder and her cunning ways. I detest her.

If you all watch the unedited interrogation tapes that just came out, you can see how she WANTS to say what happened, but she couldn't.

She knew she was caught so it wasn't so much about getting out of it anymore. But she didn't want to incriminate herself into a premeditation scenario because in Arizona, there's a death sentence attached to that.

You can almost hear her wheels turning. She needed to put herself there (which by July 16th everyone, including Jodi herself, knew there was no getting around that) but.....not make it sound like it was planned. And if she had help, that means...it was planned.
Jodi is a fast thinker. So why not just tell Flores what she's saying now?
We know it wasn't to protect Travis' reputation because Jodi has no respect for anyone. Not even herself.

Again, there is no evidence supporting the fact that she did this alone. Only what she says and what the LE is acknowledging and the picture it's creating in our heads.

Matt McCarthy has dirty hands. And I feel Juan has something up his sleeve. Not sure there will be a confession like: he literally helped her with the killing but....... I do believe he will 'fess up that there was a 'plan' before she left California. Which will blow her self-defense BS-story right out of the water.

And remember, we're not privy to what their alibis are. They've done a pretty good job in keep certain areas of this investigation, sealed. And that's a good thing. Frustrating. But a good thing!!

I don't believe for a second that this MM guy knew about JA's plan to butcher Travis. She may have told him what she'd done after the fact and if that's the case could he be charged with obstruction of justice? Or accessory after the fact?

About MM. Hark back to looong period before trial when there was a change in JA's attys... the first woman (Victoria something ?) asked to be relieved due to a conflict with a witness.. she was/had represented MM in "something". Has this ever been fleshed out? Since he apparently had some legal issue(s) this may be why he has (or was advised to) sort of disappeared? One of you smart WSers knows more than I do...

I'm not sure I believe it too but that means, she staged it. And if she staged THAT, would it really be too far fetched that the WHOLE event (as it's being told today) was staged too? I don't think so.

(New topic)

People are taking verbatim what Jodi is saying (she alone attacked Travis etc...) and what the State is saying. Let me remain some of you that professionals said JFK was shot by a lone gunman and now 50 years later, we know that's highly unlikely.

People make mistakes. We're all infallible. Professionals have sentenced innocent people to life in jail only to have (modernized) DNA exonerate them as well.

I'm not saying LE or Flores made a mistake. For all we know perhaps they TOO think she had help. But in order to not cloud the FACT that Jodi (somehow) indeed killed Travis, they are going with their strengths and what they can prove and that is.....Jodi was there.

Besides, the circumstances (or additional players) doesn't really change the outcome or their plight to convict her with 1st degree premeditated murder which she IS indeed guilty of.

I agree wholeheartedly. There are times when I have to check my thinking and remind myself I am taking JA's 'facts' and making them fact.

Honestly, I am glad that there is so much physical evidence that points to JA. If it were merely circumstantial, she probably could have gotten away with it. Just deciphering the lies from the truth has taken 5 years...and we are not even sure it is still the truth in some areas.

As a group we have gone around and around trying to put some 'truth' to the story with facts and research. But, sometimes I wonder if we put too much stock in what she says happened that day and go from there.

Had the camera not taken the pictures, had she though to take the camera, had she not gone into overkill and left palmprint in blood...just so much. But the flipside, no receipts that say she was in AZ, no one saw her or the car in AZ. Yes, we can infer with the other evidence i.e. gas cans, unaccounted for hours etc., she was there, we wouldn't have known for sure. That is until DB testified that she indeed said she was going to Mesa.

It could have been a perfect crime, but with JA more is always good. If she hadn't taken the pictures to show her story she may have gotten away with a bunch of lies.

IMHO only. There are so many lies I can't help but think without those pieces of evidence she would not be here today at all. How do you actually reconcile to yourself that she lies so much and what is or isn't the truth, its bizarre at best.
Kelly

"Dick" actually went and posted on that site????????????????????

Well then I think his whole speel should be thrown out in the hot AZ sun.

So very unprofessional.

If it's really him.

I went and read the good "doc" Samuels post on Jodi Aris is Innocent, and I think him posting on that sit alone is improper, biased, and a conflict of interest.

Mr. Martinez should use his statement to completely impeach doc Sam's entire testimony, and the judge should admonish him!!!!!

IF it can be proven that is him posting. I wouldn't automatically assume because a post comes up with his name means that is actually him doing it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Travis does not look happy in any of those pics, imo. He's giving her a UK bird in one, I believe. In others he looks unaware, startled, and then, of course, fearful.

This was not a "Happy to see you, Jodi", Travis, that I can see.

:waitasec:

Thank you. I did hear Flores say in the interrogation tapes that there was no evidence pointing to anyone else found in the home, but that was so early in the investigation that I didn't know if he was just saying it to get a confession and/or if that conclusion by Flores ever changed.

I didn't know there was proof she actually spoke to Matt (and not just somebody on his phone) when she crossed the border.

Thanks for the information - it's helpful, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was suggesting MM was in on the murder - I think the two conversations may have mistakenly given that impression. Hypothetically speaking, I was just answering the question that if another person was involved, there is no way, imo, that JA would rat them out because she would be ratting herself out as well.

I am, however, suggesting that it appears as though MM attempted to help JA cover things up. What I'd like to know is how he knew to look for that coded message in the magazine unless he was helping her lie, and if so, why?

If MM turned that magazine over to officials, that would lead me to believe he wasn't helping her.

Does anybody know how that magazine got from MM to authorities?

One of the alert jailers in the chain that examines materials going out caught it.

Yes, indeed! Scroll down to March 28 - A message from Dr. Richard Samuel

Isn't this on a site that supports a known liar and a killer (3 times over, in fact). Why would anyone give any credibility for anything that is posted there???????? To be perfectly honest anyone who would support a liar tells me they have no credibility at all. jmo

If I were a Judge, I wouldn't take any chances. What we DO NOT need is a mistrial because JM is doing a splendid job. If JA is found Guilty, we also do not want to give the defense any excuses. Just my opinion.

ITA, but it is still her courtroom, so I guiess I expected a bit more interaction and control.

Honestly, at times it's like she dozed off or is daydreaming. She actually appears confused or startled at objections. I am completely aghast they have her working other trials!

IMO, any unaccounted for time was for sleep. She didn't get any from the time she left home until she got to Travis's house. If she got some, it was minimal.

Then leaving Travis's house and driving to SLC, she had to sleep at some point. Adrenaline will carry you a lot of places, but eventually, the body will crash.

JA acknowledged often sleeping in her car in her travels. It's absurd to believe she wasn't armed and fully prepared to meet all dangers.

Isn't this on a site that supports a known liar and a killer (3 times over, in fact). Why would anyone give any credibility for anything that is posted there???????? To be perfectly honest anyone who would support a liar tells me they have no credibility at all. jmo

Yes, the site is obviously skewed and has the flavor of a sensationalist newpaper rag.

I'm not sure I believe it too but that means, she staged it. And if she staged THAT, would it really be too far fetched that the WHOLE event (as it's being told today) was staged too? I don't think so.

(New topic)

People are taking verbatim what Jodi is saying (she alone attacked Travis etc...) and what the State is saying. Let me remain some of you that professionals said JFK was shot by a lone gunman and now 50 years later, we know that's highly unlikely .
That has never been fully proven....there is still great debate so it hasn't been proven as fact yet...just theories.
There is no circumstancial evidence that show anyone else at the crime scene.
There is no direct evidence of anyone else at the crime scene-except Jodi's word, which is highly impeachable.
Jodi has thrown anyone and everyone under the bus that has ever cared for her. Why would she protect anyone? There is no loyalty to anyone for her. Her actions speak louder than anything she has ever said.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

JA acknowledged often sleeping in her car in her travels. It's absurd to believe she wasn't armed and fully prepared to meet all dangers.

JA definitely tries to come across as niave or innocent, but her behaviors are such I doubt that she didn't know the dangers of quite a few of her acitivites.

JA claims so much that she was hurt/abused in past relationships, there is no way she wouldn't do more to protect herself if that were true. Abuse sticks with you. Very rarely do abuse victims not have a hyper sense of good/evil as it were.

I wouldn't be surprised to know that she always carried weapons of some nature.

Kelly

I don't think MM is an upstanding fellow and I DO think he knows a great deal about TA's murder, probably before AND after, but it's a big old leap to put him at the scene with a weapon in his hand. I've always thought it takes a special kind of person to commit a cold-blooded, sadistic murder like this one. It takes someone like JA.

I know MM would lie for her. I know he probably forged those pedophile letters for her. But physically help her kill someone? That's a stretch for me...

This murder was PERSONAL. I don't believe JA wanted anyone else involved in the commission. Part of her mindset was selfish. She wanted to be the last and only person on TA's mind before he died. :twocents:

Somewhere on her trip a few times she ordered doubles like two hamburgers and two of other food items a few different times?

I wanted to bump this post because instead of working with speculation (like we all are as far as Jodi having help or not) those of you who believe she absolutely, without a doubt, did this by herself then...PLEASE explain to me why she bought two meals, twice???

I will try to locate the 4 receipts but she clearly buys a hamburger and soda at In-N-Out Burgers.....and 5 minutes later, she buys another meal. Why????
She did this TWICE on her way home. There are 4 receipts (cc charges) to prove it.

If you watch the interrogation tapes, one of the last ones shows Jodi eating a sandwich. She picks at it like a bird. True, she was probably an emotional mess (but, not really) but it doesn't appear this 5'6" 125 lb woman has a voracious appetite. Especially after murdering someone. So why is it she purchased double meals if...............she was all alone?

I think Juan doesn't want to go there because it's all speculation but that doesn't mean it disappears. It only adds to the fact that we absolutely don't have all the facts!!

ITA, but it is still her courtroom, so I guiess I expected a bit more interaction and control.

Honestly, at times it's like she dozed off or is daydreaming. She actually appears confused or startled at objections. I am completely aghast they have her working other trials!

The many sidebars are frustrating, but I really respect Judge S. When I listen to short trial excerpts with the "approaches" edited out, I find myself almost always agreeing with her decisions. Plus, I don't sense any ego on display with her. She's doing her best to diligently follow the law imo.

The many sidebars are frustrating, but I really respect Judge S. When I listen to short trial excerpts with the "approaches" edited out, I find myself almost always agreeing with her decisions. Plus, I don't sense any ego on display with her. She's doing her best to diligently follow the law imo.

Yes...I do too. IMHO

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members