long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I did hear Flores say in the interrogation tapes that there was no evidence pointing to anyone else found in the home, but that was so early in the investigation that I didn't know if he was just saying it to get a confession and/or if that conclusion by Flores ever changed.

I didn't know there was proof she actually spoke to Matt (and not just somebody on his phone) when she crossed the border.

Thanks for the information - it's helpful, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was suggesting MM was in on the murder - I think the two conversations may have mistakenly given that impression. Hypothetically speaking, I was just answering the question that if another person was involved, there is no way, imo, that JA would rat them out because she would be ratting herself out as well.

I am, however, suggesting that it appears as though MM attempted to help JA cover things up. What I'd like to know is how he knew to look for that coded message in the magazine unless he was helping her lie, and if so, why?

If MM turned that magazine over to officials, that would lead me to believe he wasn't helping her.

Does anybody know how that magazine got from MM to authorities?

Juli any thing that is sent out of the jail is read and inspected before it is released. That is how they found it. Jodie was trying to be sneaky, but it did not work and I think Martinez has a surprise on that issue because he keeps say en something to the effect her friend would never basically say anything to hurt her. I think he will be brought up on the stand here before long. I think any way:rocker:

There isn't a link that I know of. Which is strange considering someone bothered to get the mistrial motion. I read it in person at the courthouse so take it fwiw :)
Thanks again. Well, maybe AZ could still take a lesson from KS. I mean as far as adding stalking to the aggravating factors in DP.

In the originating case (that caused the Kansas legislature to pass the act), a man killed his wife while she was sleeping. He had stalked and terrorized her. That court couldn't find that her reasonable fear for her life due to those prior actions rose to the level of making her murder heinous and cruel because she was sleeping when he beat her to death with a hammer. Well, the good citizens of Kansas (kinda wierd with all the Wizard of Oz references here) fixed that loop hole tout suete.

Seems to me AZ should do the same if this case ends up with a lessor included because the jury buys into 2nd degree (which is where I really think the DT is headed).

That would be Miss. Gulch, played by character actress Margaret Hamilton*.

gulch.jpg

She never killed anyone. She was attacked by some little girl's mangy dog and then her alter-ego's sister had a house dropped on her and then the homicidal chick who killed the sister joined up with some miscreants to hunt her alter-ego down, finally killing her in her own home.

Luckily it was all a dream. Unfortunately, reality is in black and white.

*Who, according to everything I ever heard, was a total sweetheart.[/

I am new to this thread, but I have followed somewhat for some time including at radaronline.com at which I've seen some of the trial.

Did some reading on this, and previous, threads. What do you all think made her do what she did at that pearticular time?

Thank you.

My ex-wife never passed gas but once (provable) outside a strip mall. She must have been storing that thing up for years and it turned and curdled, fermented cured, become weaponized. It wasn't big but it was so vile that I expected birds to fall from the sky and start smashing auto glass in the parking lot.

Of course, I like to tell that story to Alyce LaViolette so she could explain that the bowel gas of another was actually my fault due to a power differential or some such thing.
I kept trying to read this out loud to my DH, but could never make it more than a few words without bursting out with laughter. Finally, he had to read it himself, and we are both still laughing.
Thanks for characterizing ALV in a way we can all relate!!

I think I saw them on some random site with a lot of other gory photos of poor TA. Hers reminded me of a book I saw with color photos of various gynecological diseases (talk about a quick way to ruin dinner) or some kind of colonoscopy pix. Just the fact she was narcissistic enough to take them sorta proves to me she couldn't possibly have "low self esteem". Uckity yuckity is right!

--------------
cecybeans, she doesnt look normal to me. :seeya:

I am new to this thread, but I have followed somewhat for some time including at radaronline.com at which I've seen some of the trial.

Did some reading on this, and previous, threads. What do you all think made her do what she did at that pearticular time?

Thank you.

To what particular time do you refer, Shane? You mean at the moment she killed him?

O/T ~ JonBenet Ramsey‘s older brother Burke is among those authorities in Colorado will interview again in further investigating the child’s mysterious death fourteen years ago.

Crazy!

Thanks ElleElle. Another case near and dear to my heart, and I have been negligent in visiting that thread being so immersed in this case!!

Justice for JonBenet. It's been too long coming.

I think Jodi may have tried to put the floor cleaner together thinking she could clean the upstairs mess up. But it took too much time (imagine she wasn't very patient, you know after just butchering someone) and she gave up and left the blood.

Before or after she murdered him? It was past 5:30--5:33:22 to be exact--when she was last snapped accidentally by the camera, and she had yet to delete all the photos from the camera, put the clothing (and camera) in the wash, and do whatever cleaning she ended up doing before one of the roommates returned home at six.

So I don't see how she could possibly have had time to try to put it together, even if she knew how.

She was giving birth to a tootsie pop.

Now you know where they come from.

Needless to say, this old owl will not be endeavoring to determine how many licks it takes to get to the center.

I still have a lot to read to catch up, but I have a few thoughts I'd like to throw out there. I blame the judge for letting the DT drag this trial out day after day. I think the longer it drags, the more disgusted the jurors are becoming and more apt to slip up and say something to one of the other jurors. I think JA is playing a chess game with the jurors and I won't be surprised if she is able to get more jurors booted. You have to remember, the juror's go up and down the elevators with others and something as innocently said as 'if they don't get this over with soon, I'm going to choke her myself.' Or say, "haven't we already heard this garbage one too many times.' JA has people in the court room that are tattling on everything and anything at this point. The longer the trial drags on, the bigger chance for someone to screw up. I truly believe the DT is just trying to get the death penalty off the table. By starting over, the prosecutor MAY agree to LWOP because a death penalty case is so much more expensive and time consuming. There's no logical sense that this trial has gone on for 3 months and counting.

One of the biggest worries I have is one of the jurors asking a question of one of the witnesses, where the question itself impeaches them and proves that they must have heard something outside of the courtroom.

I hope this Judge begins to get a stronger backbone and keeps the juror on the case unless it is a totally legit reason for eviction.

I can't find the "you are the worst thing that ever happened to me" text Travis wrote to Jodi shortly before his death. Can someone point me to it. TIA.

I don't think either side wants Matt anywhere near the stand. Neither side can be sure of how he will testify... the defense would be afraid that he wouldn't lie for Jodi, and the prosecution would be afraid that he would lie for Jodi. We've likely seen the last of Matt.

Just my humble opinion, but I think prosecution has him in there pocket and what he has, he tells and he walks on, no matter what. M, has brought up to many times about asking Jodie she is sure he would not betray her for him not to bring him up when he is ready.:rocker:

People on both sides of the fence, regarding whether or not Travis knew she was coming, have very valid arguments - I'm enjoying reading them all.

No matter which way you look at it, there are things that don't make sense. One thing that I find curious is her not parking either in the driveway or in front of the house. If a person is an invited guest, why not park in the driveway? JA lied and said she did park in the driveway, but his roommates (and a roommate's girlfriend) all stated they saw no additional car parked there.

If I was up waiting until 4:00 a.m. for somebody and opened the door when they got there, I'd be like, "Where is your car - where did you park?" So, the fact that she lied about it does raise a red flag as to whether or not she was actually expected. At the very least, it shows that she went through great lengths to hide herself from the roommates - yet another act of premeditation.

She didn't park anywhere her car could be seen for the same reason she drove 100 miles to rent a car, borrowed/bought 3 gas cans, dyed her hair, turned off her cell phone, etc. etc. etc. She intended to murder him and not have anyone even realize she'd been in Arizona.

Travis had no reason to wonder where she was or where she parked. She was like a bad penny, she kept coming back. :twocents:

I don't want to see katie wick exploited by dr drew for ratings. I'm not liking this dr drew jury idea anymore.

I think this would be a real good time for anyone attending court, to post their observations in one of the private threads. While I had time over the weekend, I read at a few other forums only to see things that could have only been read at WS. Does anyone know how the mods feel about trying this to try and prevent any observation in the courtrrom to become the next 'item'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru