long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Brooks and another guy did a reenactment on HLN this evening. I missed part of it and don't know if the guy was in the medical field or law enforcement. He seemed to think the first stabs were in the back while Travis was facing the back of the shower. Then, when he turned to defend himself, that is when Travis got the defensive wounds and Jodi stabbed him in the chest. After that he went to the vanity sink then tried to crawl to the bedroom where Jodi slashed his throat in the doorway. The bullet casing was in front of the sink so if the trajectory is over the left shoulder as Mike said, then Jodi would have been facing the shower and that was the final wound after dragging him back into the shower.

That sure would get it going and hope he does exactly that. I also think this Matt M has some important stuff he needs to say. Maybe he did help her (only in getting rid of the gun, knife, bloody clothes, rope etc) If he did help her by getting rid of it, I am sure she told him what really happened and he knows more than Jodi wants told, Maybe just maybe he has told where it all was disposed. All to in sure his freedom if he talks. Boy that would cook her goose for sure. Remember Martinez does not have to show all his hand at the beginning. Could prove interesting.:great:

I don't trust that Darrel Brewer either. I think there's way more to that story.

I'm sure the dragging of Travis back to the shower was done with that exact question in mind.

I don't know how well washing the body works, myself. I'd think it would/could work.

Thanks.
I was wondering if examination of his internal organs would be definitive here.
But yes maybe that was one reason why she did that.

Mike Brooks and another guy did a reenactment on HLN this evening. I missed part of it and don't know if the guy was in the medical field or law enforcement. He seemed to think the first stabs were in the back while Travis was facing the back of the shower. Then, when he turned to defend himself, that is when Travis got the defensive wounds and Jodi stabbed him in the chest. After that he went to the vanity sink then tried to crawl to the bedroom where Jodi slashed his throat in the doorway. The bullet casing was in front of the sink so if the trajectory is over the left shoulder as Mike said, then Jodi would have been facing the shower and that was the final wound after dragging him back into the shower.

The bearded guy? He is a medical examiner in Atlanta...

I'm sure the dragging of Travis back to the shower was done with that exact question in mind.

I don't know how well washing the body works, myself. I'd think it would/could work.

I'm sure they could find dna in secretions left behind from the woman on the man.

I didn't realize it is this easy to slash a tire!
Almost zero effort!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDCalVUtt8

Knife in the sidewall and go!

I'll bet the knife/knives were stolen from a kitchen/chef...
very sharp!
moo

I wish we could see how JA slashed tires, though. I have a feeling that tires she slashed would look different. I bet you'd see the evidence of rage.

There was still no proof that it was her (for court), but I still wish we could see pics or something.

Thanks.

It might tell if he had umm... climaxed:blushing: recently... but no way to tell if was alone or with a partner...

I hope this isn't too far OT. I am so tired of hearing reporters on TV say that there is a lot of attention being given to this case because of the attractive defendant (barf) and all the sex talk. How can they get that so wrong??? The reason I'm watching this trial so closely is because of the horrendous death that young man suffered and wanting to see justice for him and his family. After the nightmare of the CA verdict, I think I'm also hoping for a fair verdict to renew my faith in our justice system.
Personally, I couldn't give two hoots about all the sex talk and JA isn't one bit attractive IMO. When I see her, I see cold and empty eyes.

Agree! As a matter of fact...if anything could turn me off of sex, this trial would be it!

Thanks.

Interesting question. I'm not sure if they could determine if he had recently ejaculated. Is there a storage place in the reproductive organs? I bet someone will let us know.

Thanks.

I'm sure they could find dna in secretions left behind from the woman on the man.

Yeah, see I wonder about the catheter sort of area and just showering/being scrubbed externally. I don't know how DNA and those female fluids/skin cells work.

OK, I also don't know a whole lot about scrubbing some guy's catheter area, either :D Maybe that's easier done than I imagine :)

It might tell if he had umm... climaxed:blushing: recently... but no way to tell if was alone or with a partner...

Thanks and sorry--I did not mean to make you blush.
I guess there is a smiley for everything!

Yeah, see I wonder about the catheter sort of area and just showering/being scrubbed externally. I don't know how DNA and those female fluids/skin cells work.

OK, I also don't know a whole lot about scrubbing some guy's catheter area, either :D Maybe that's easier done than I imagine :)

She cut her hand. She probably had her blood on him. She needed to rinse it off. Travis's blood was mixed with hers when she left the palm print on the wall.

Also in some of the shower pics you can see soap and a looks like a loofa sponge. Exhibit 147, 150 imo

I can't see any soap or loofah at all in Exhibit 147, and in Exhibit 150 there could be a loofah hanging from the rack in back of him, soap could be somewhere on the rack as well, but nowhere that I can see does he ever come close to holding either. Whatever hangs from the holder remains on the holder, imo.

Same thing with Exhibit 151; they may be on the rack in back of him but definitely not being used by Travis.

Do you see where he ever holds either?

I would think that any female cells that entered the urethra prior to ejaculation would be expelled when this happens as it "flushes the area"

I would think that a swab could be introduced to see if the man had had an orgasm near/prior to death.

I just don't know if that is something that would have been done in this case.
I'm not sure what it would prove. They knew he had been washed after death,
he may have even had bleach poured on him.
I know it was in the washer.
They might have tried to retrieve DNA, but I don't recall it being mentioned in the autopsy report.
IMO I don't think they would have.

I can't see any soap or loofah at all in Exhibit 147, and in Exhibit 150 there could be a loofah hanging from the rack in back of him, soap could be somewhere on the rack as well, but nowhere that I can see does he ever come close to holding either. Whatever hangs from the holder remains on the holder, imo.

Same thing with Exhibit 151; they may be on the rack in back of him but definitely not being used by Travis.

Do you see where he ever holds either?

I don't. I don't see soap or any bubbles of any kind either.
I MAY have missed it...
IMO he was NOT "showering"
which disproves the "Jodi came back" theory.
IMO

He was under duress...
jmo:truce:

Thanks and sorry--I did not mean to make you blush.
I guess there is a smiley for everything!

I just hate to get too clinical.
Cause, well, as a nurse I can and not mean to!

I totally agree that she didn't park her car in the driveway because she didn't want anybody to know she was there - that's why I said it was yet another act of premeditation. My remark was aimed at addressing whether or not Travis expected her. I guess I don't understand why Travis would have no reason to wonder where her car was parked if she was invited. I find it odd that he would find it normal for her to be walking the streets at 4:00 a.m. to get to his house instead of parking in the driveway.

I don't really have an opinion on whether or not he was expecting her, however maybe she offered to park down the street under the guise that his room mates wouldn't know she was there for sex. It seems like her and TA kept a lot of their encounters on the down low.

Right?....And with all these crimes shows on TV...I can't imagine any person thinking that they can get away with anything wrong.

I'm not being silly.lol....modern tech.....dna...hidden cameras.....sheeesh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo