Lori's Occupations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this while looking at a Franklin Floyd timeline. Got there in a round about way when looking at how the missing Giusti females might fit in with FLEK... long way of getting there.

So, if FLEK was a dancer at some point, could she have come from Florida (think Cuban food)? This strip club was raided and 4 days later, she obtains BST's birth certificate. She may have even know Sharon Marshall or franklin Floyd. They did a lot of forging and obtaining false IDs and I believe there was also an Asian connection with him?

May 16,1988/ The Mons Venus is raided, there are dozens of arrests.

A list of Assumed names that FLEK apparently did business under. :

https://ccrecordse.tarrantcountytx.gov/AssumedNames/SearchResults.aspx

I question whether this girl ever had a w-2 job in her life at all, or whether she was always operating under the radar. There doesn't appear to be any evidence of an actual job that she was supporting herself with. Yet, if you believe the addresses she reports or the ones we have found in other ways, she lived in decent places. Just speculating, but "call girl" perhaps? Of course, I don't know if the jobs listed on her resume were ever verified by the SS investigator.

Anyway, this lists three assumed business names and addresses. I haven t checked anything further on this. I will also post this to the address thread.

We don't have confirmation that FLEK actually worked at any of these places do we? There's no point speculating until we have confirmation she actually worked in any of these places.

The whole dancer angle is worth following up but it is extremely vague and by an ex who "knew" her a long time ago. Not much to go on.

In her younger photos she looks as though she might have been sporty. Her height would be a good advantage on a basketball/volleyball/swim/soccer (goalie)/athletics team. To me she looks more like an athlete than a dancer. But that is just my humble opinion.

I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to let my mind wander through the case and this is what I came up with... I think it is highly possible she was working on farms or orchards. In one of the photos she looks so healthy, so fit, so relaxed and quite tanned. She really looks like someone who has been working outside a lot.

So with that thought I realised she could have worked on one farm/orchard (or even in stables) for say a week or so and then moved onto the next one and so on and so on. Her height again (and hand size) would have been assets for this line of work. There would have been other workers doing the same thing and they might even have had transport and she could have hitched a ride with them. If she didn't stay very long she would be paid in cash and not remembered after a while. It seems perfect.

She may even have been working with illegal immigrants and they aren't likely to come forward and report her. I doubt she even used her real name there or BST/LEK. Who is going to check?

It also seems perfect for someone wanting to hide and makes much more sense than being a stripper. Ok so the money is no-where near as good but who is going to look for you in an orchard? She can travel often and outside any mainstream cities with the little chance of being seen/recognised. She gets paid under the table, no money/paper trail. Probably got free accomodation. She can even go back to the same places but work on different farms etc.

This line of thinking ticks all the boxes for me. She may even have done it again in her missing years later too.

That's a weird thought. I just don't see it. But we don't know. She could have been a travel nurse. She could have been anything. I just don't think that kind of labor seems " right"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have confirmation that FLEK actually worked at any of these places do we? There's no point speculating until we have confirmation she actually worked in any of these places.

The whole dancer angle is worth following up but it is extremely vague and by an ex who "knew" her a long time ago. Not much to go on.

In her younger photos she looks as though she might have been sporty. Her height would be a good advantage on a basketball/volleyball/swim/soccer (goalie)/athletics team. To me she looks more like an athlete than a dancer. But that is just my humble opinion.

I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to let my mind wander through the case and this is what I came up with... I think it is highly possible she was working on farms or orchards. In one of the photos she looks so healthy, so fit, so relaxed and quite tanned. She really looks like someone who has been working outside a lot.

So with that thought I realised she could have worked on one farm/orchard (or even in stables) for say a week or so and then moved onto the next one and so on and so on. Her height again (and hand size) would have been assets for this line of work. There would have been other workers doing the same thing and they might even have had transport and she could have hitched a ride with them. If she didn't stay very long she would be paid in cash and not remembered after a while. It seems perfect.

She may even have been working with illegal immigrants and they aren't likely to come forward and report her. I doubt she even used her real name there or BST/LEK. Who is going to check?

It also seems perfect for someone wanting to hide and makes much more sense than being a stripper. Ok so the money is no-where near as good but who is going to look for you in an orchard? She can travel often and outside any mainstream cities with the little chance of being seen/recognised. She gets paid under the table, no money/paper trail. Probably got free accomodation. She can even go back to the same places but work on different farms etc.

This line of thinking ticks all the boxes for me. She may even have done it again in her missing years later too.
That's a possiblity, but I'm thinking that as a white american woman she would have stuck out like a sore thumb.
The more I look at FLEK's resume the more I think it's one part truth and a whole lot of lies. I say this because she was such a poor speller. how would she have been able to be in a professional level position in Marketing? Even the websites where she was researching her husband's family, you can tell it was likely her using her husband's name because of the spelling and grammar mistakes.
One of the companies she worked for is owned by an Asian-American woman who, like C.C. Stalder/Jennifer Stalder has a couple of different names. How is it possible for people in the U.S. to have more than one legal name.
The husband of this woman also had a business in Tarrant county, I think that's the same county that FLEK has her business registered during that time as well, at least for one of the business' that she registered.
If FLEK did all this marketing, art, and creative stuff, where is it? Wouldn't she have had a portfolio? If she had a portfolio wouldn't they show us some of her work in case someone out there recognized it or remembered working with her on these projects?

When I have time I'm going to try and see if there is a connection between two of the places that she apparently worked and C.C. Stalder, because for now I can't seem to ignore the similarities in these business owners.

That's a possiblity, but I'm thinking that as a white american woman she would have stuck out like a sore thumb.
The more I look at FLEK's resume the more I think it's one part truth and a whole lot of lies. I say this because she was such a poor speller. how would she have been able to be in a professional level position in Marketing? Even the websites where she was researching her husband's family, you can tell it was likely her using her husband's name because of the spelling and grammar mistakes.
One of the companies she worked for is owned by an Asian-American woman who, like C.C. Stalder/Jennifer Stalder has a couple of different names. How is it possible for people in the U.S. to have more than one legal name.
The husband of this woman also had a business in Tarrant county, I think that's the same county that FLEK has her business registered during that time as well, at least for one of the business' that she registered.
If FLEK did all this marketing, art, and creative stuff, where is it? Wouldn't she have had a portfolio? If she had a portfolio wouldn't they show us some of her work in case someone out there recognized it or remembered working with her on these projects?

When I have time I'm going to try and see if there is a connection between two of the places that she apparently worked and C.C. Stalder, because for now I can't seem to ignore the similarities in these business owners.

Could be that there is no art or portfolio because her businesses were shams. I went back to my post, a couple back on here and googled the two corporation s she registered that I hadn't yet checked. Googled them. Zilch, zip, nada.....AT ALL! I did notice that each corporation was started about three years apart. Money laundering? Move on before you get caught. New corporation, new bank account. Idk. Another avenue. Ugh. But it is shady that there really are no traces of her businesses. Why bother opening so many to do nothing with them? And three years apart? Is there some federal banking or IRS regulation that is being avoided here by the three-year timing? Any bankers or accountants here on WS? Help? Any IRS auditors or revenuers on here? Help? I'm not so sure her life of crime stopped with the LEK identity change and I'm not so sure that BST, FLEK,her original identity, or these three corporations are the only identities she had. As far as I know, the IRS doesn't cross-reference State corporation databases to see if a tax return was filed for that corporation. Was she laundering money? Was she simply an income tax evader? Banks only report transactions 10k and over to the IRS Right.? Did the SSN investigator look into whether she opened any bank accounts in the names of these corporations? Until the new banking regulations, some banks were pretty lax on EIN numbers if someone was a DBA and she wouldn't necessarily have had to get an EIN from the IRS to open an account if she was a DBA.

Owutatangledweb, you raise two very interesting questions here...
Indeed we don't know if the BST and LEK identities were her "only" two fake ones... maybe there are more. Perhaps she didn't get to really steal another identity, but she could have used a lot of aliases in her life.
Also, I totally agree with you when you say that it's likely that her life of crime didn't stop with the identity theft. It makes perfect sense that she faked hed ID as a part of a bigger fraud plan.

Where did you see anything about her researching her husband's family?

BBM.
Everyone is allowed an alias as well as their birth name. At least, you can in Canada.
All official forms/paperwork (passports, tax returns, etc) will have a spot for your GIVEN (birth) name and then another line for ALIASES/OTHER NAMES.
I know someone who's birth name is James, but he goes by another name (and he has had it legally changed to that other name). When he fills out government papers, fills in James for his given name and his other name in the other name/alias spot.

I know this doesn't really help figure out who LEK was, just thought I'd throw in my two cents in regards to having more than one legal name.

BBM.
Everyone is allowed an alias as well as their birth name. At least, you can in Canada.
All official forms/paperwork (passports, tax returns, etc) will have a spot for your GIVEN (birth) name and then another line for ALIASES/OTHER NAMES.
I know someone who's birth name is James, but he goes by another name (and he has had it legally changed to that other name). When he fills out government papers, fills in James for his given name and his other name in the other name/alias spot.

I know this doesn't really help figure out who LEK was, just thought I'd throw in my two cents in regards to having more than one legal name.

Correct ILP, but the persons I was referring to had more than one legal name and I found the multiple legal names to be suspicious. I could understand if they had what you described (alias and legal), but given the fact that these same people had financial troubles with the government (fraud), I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt just yet.

Correct ILP, but the persons I was referring to had more than one legal name and I found the multiple legal names to be suspicious. I could understand if they had what you described (alias and legal), but given the fact that these same people had financial troubles with the government (fraud), I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt just yet.

Ahhhh, gotcha!
Ya, that is suspicious that they are using multiple names...

Has her photo been distributed to exotic dancers who were working in the Dallas-area clubs around the time she supposedly was? If she was dancing around that time and area, some should recognize her.

I do think we'll have more luck identifying her if the photo gets distributed more widely than searching for clues in the note page. I don't think there's any smoking gun clues in the note page...

Keyautomation:
Worked there part-time from 2002 on. I suspect that she worked from home for this company given that the work was technical support by phone or online. The company does not seem to exist anymore or has moved. Company info:
http://www.fastreviewsonline.com/cu...on/texas/review#sthash.KjCy40uP.lnAGw4oP.dpbs

A person named Janet Reed is listed as the president of the company.

I found a person connected to Keyautomation, with the same last name as the current president, but I don't think he'll have much information about LEK. From his LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyle-reed-6a461115 --

"Principal Software Developer
[h=5]Key Automation Inc[/h]May 1993 – January 2002 (8 years 9 months) | Arlington, TXFounded this small ISV and soon developed the leading application for a niche market. Became an expert Windows developer and gained experience in developing order entry, AR, GL, inventory, and manufacturing systems."

He left Key Automation January 2002, & she started working there August of that year. But he might have some information about what kind of job she could have held.

I found a person connected to Keyautomation, with the same last name as the current president, but I don't think he'll have much information about LEK. From his LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyle-reed-6a461115 --

"Principal Software Developer
[h=5]Key Automation Inc[/h]May 1993 – January 2002 (8 years 9 months) | Arlington, TXFounded this small ISV and soon developed the leading application for a niche market. Became an expert Windows developer and gained experience in developing order entry, AR, GL, inventory, and manufacturing systems."

He left Key Automation January 2002, & she started working there August of that year. But he might have some information about what kind of job she could have held.

This is quite interesting if this was a small niche application there would not have been many employees and he would surely remember her - if she was employed there. This seems like it is the place you posted aswell.

Having a very hard time linking the person from the resume to the jobs:

Marketing Associate, Technical Support and Publications. These are jobs that more often than not require a meticulous and precise nature - especially for anything print related in design. The CV is horribly unprofessional and even back then would have been sidelined for 90% of jobs. Definately had no IT skills either the website she made was terrible even for the time period - this person was not working in design at any point in her life you can see that from everything she created from the CV through to the website.

Very interesting case, a real mystery this one!

Having a very hard time linking the person from the resume to the jobs:

Marketing Associate, Technical Support and Publications. These are jobs that more often than not require a meticulous and precise nature - especially for anything print related in design. The CV is horribly unprofessional and even back then would have been sidelined for 90% of jobs. Definately had no IT skills either the website she made was terrible even for the time period - this person was not working in design at any point in her life you can see that from everything she created from the CV through to the website.

Very interesting case, a real mystery this one!

Yes, her Resume/CV is surprisingly unprofessional; at the least, it would have benefited from another person reviewing it & providing her some feedback. The two notorious typos in it -- "layed" & "varies" aren't in themselves typos, but correct spellings of homonyms; compare these to the chronic problem of catching & correcting from/form typos. Methinks LEK depended on her spellchecker too much. Her degree clearly wasn't in English.

I've planned to share a close reading of this resume, but I wanted to first get the opinion of a friend of mine who has a few decades of experience in graphic design & his resume includes names like Nike, Adidas, & Columbia Sportswear. I suspect his opinion of her work in this area would confirm my impression that her jobs were very much entry-level; according to what he's told me over the years, graphic design -- even for work like marketing brochures & fliers -- is a field where knowing other people is often far more important than what you know. Or a professional-looking resume.

But about the parts of her resume that refer to her computer skills... Let me offer my opinion, based on having worked a couple of decades in that industry. If she had any business-related web development experience in the period she indicates, 1992-1998, she would have been far ahead of the curve, & likely would have found her skills in serious demand; there just weren't that many people with that kind of experience. But it's clear that section of her resume is (to put it politely) full of fluff: had she any real web experience, she would not only mention items like Quark, Photoshop, Dreamweaver & FrontPage, but server software (e.g., Netscape Server, Apache, IIS, & others now forgotten), & scripting languages used in CGI scripts like Perl & PHP. Just because she listed skills like C, visual Basic & gcc doesn't mean she had any programming ability; coding shops would be looking for experience with specific libraries or areas -- such as user experience, graphics, network drivers, etc. I expect that an interview based on her computing skills with IT-savvy people would have been an unpleasant experience for her.

Now she could have gotten away with these statements back in the high tech boom years of the 1990s, when a lot of people who weren't really tech-savvy got sucked into the industry (& dumped out of it when the industry cratered in 2001), but by 2002 there were a lot of competent & experienced computer professionals unemployed who had never been prior to that. I'm a little surprised she was hired for the support position she held at Keyautomation -- unless it was *really* part-time, as in less than 10 hours a week.

On the other hand, there are only a few significant gaps in her resume where LEK was out of work for any period of time: one of 2 months, another of 3 months. She could hustle, & maybe her work ethic made up for her impairments with details. Or maybe her attention to detail -- some have speculated LEK had OCD -- did not include her writing skills. Typos & ungrammatical writing is chronic amongst programmers, even highly talented ones.

One massive thing she ommited from her resume was hmtl probably the most fundamental skill of them allat that time and very highly paid. Most coders in html back then were using notepad not Dreamweaver to design/code as Dreamweaver was pretty awful. Like you say she doesn't mention any back end stuff except sql which is a strange thing to have on it's own and without anything else (iis etc), although she could have been working in a very very basic sql environment but I highly doubt it.

Even if it was perfect and without any typos - for me at that time period the CV still would have sent red flags. I think the Keyautomation one has been embellished somewhat along with most of the other technical work.

As you say if she could hustle (and we pretty much know she could from the way she lived her life in hiding), anything is possible and any job is possible if you can blag your way through the interview process. Lying would be something that came naturally to her for a long time.

Wow, I missed the omission of html; good catch. Other expected skills that were missing are CSS & maybe CGI & XML. It appears that LEK created a couple of webpages using Dreamweaver & FrontPage, & thought she had a marketable skill -- which is a dangerous thing. As for her SQL skills, it was in support of the Keyautomation application -- which, from the snippet from the resume I found of LinkedIn, was likely a scheduling & billing program that would run on a database, mostly probably Microsoft SQL. And her role in supporting that might have been limited to explaining to the customer a limited subset of actions: how to backup & restore a database file, how to recover a corrupted database file, & how to safely reboot the system without corrupting the database if the app was hung -- all of which a more knowledgeable co-worker could have shown her in a few hours.

Re-reading her resume, what stands out about her Keyautomation entry is that, compared to her other entries, it's well written. (I'm tempted to steal it for my own use.) Even if it embellished her duties, it describes accurately what a technical support person should do, & if she was the only one performing support for customers at the company those are the duties that she'd be expected to do. This section is very different from the other descriptions. Look at the one for Arterios: "Concept to design of monthly postcard mail outs, experience of 4-color press" -- what does that mean? It's almost a word salad. I suspect she was trying here to apply the rule that one does not use sentences in a resume, only sentence fragments, & mangled what she had written.

I'm guessing the entry for Keyautomation is a cut-&-paste copy of the job description written by another person at that company, while the one for Arteriors was written by her. (Which means that while she was expected to perform those services for Keyautomation, she may not have.) The databases she boasts she created at Arteriors were probably simple things she created in MS Access -- the sort of accomplishments one when one has nothing else to boast about. (I won't cite examples from my own previous resumes that I'd rather forget.) Her listed positions otherwise appear to have been mostly glorified general office management chores, nothing that someone with solid Marketing, Programming & Computer skills would spend her entire days doing.

This reinforces the impression I have from her stated career objective: "Establish a long term work environment with a company that can utilize my Marketing, Programming and Computer Skills and offer advancement and growth for a mutually benefiting career." LEK seems to protest too much here: she mentions "long term work advancement" (a permanent job), a company that "can utilize my ... Skills" (her education wasn't fully used, a common frustration with entry-level or dead end jobs), & "offer advancement" (well, if she was skilled advancement would logically follow; if not, don't allude to it in your career objective). I may be reading into her statement, but I get the sense of a woman who was often at odds with her co-workers & boss over how things should be done, who thought she knew best (but may not have), felt she wasn't appreciated (also a common frustration), & was often encouraged to seek employment elsewhere before she was ready to do so.

One last miscellaneous point: in her list of software she has experience with, she mentions "ACT" which I have never heard of. I'll admit that I'm not familiar with every important software package out there. However, doing a search on Google, the closest thing I've been able to find is a customer relationship management application written by a group in Dallas, Texas. Could this be what she meant? (There was also a compiler company that was sometimes called ACT, but it folded in 1994.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsjesse
Back