Germany Louise Kerton, 24, travelled from UK to Germany/Belgium/England, 30 July 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ROFLOL !

Who on earth is going to pay 95 BP for a timetable that is no longer of practical use? Only a time traveller would do that (and they wouldn't need to.)
These train collectors are an amazing civilisation, I wonder what they are in real life, on line they are meticulous.

I found a Dutch guy on line who is the proud owner of decades of timetables from the Dutch railways. I don't doubt he has a Belgian and German counterpart, the only thing is to find them.

Thanks for the laugh, and the serious considerations.
animated-smileys-hands-fingers-30.gif

I’d message the seller and ask them to have a look. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if you asked nicely (and only one person does it).

animated-smileys-greetings-008.gif
Good thinking!

I gave it a try. Hasn't worked yet because I'm not on eBay and I don't have FB.

The seller is Italian. A woman. Gentile signora.....

Do we have a volunteer who is on eBay and fluent in Italian?
(I'm neither, but I think I'll manage at a later time, today is a busy day.)

animated-smileys-greetings-008.gif
Good thinking!

I gave it a try. Hasn't worked yet because I'm not on eBay and I don't have FB.

The seller is Italian. A woman. Gentile signora.....

Do we have a volunteer who is on eBay and fluent in Italian?
(I'm neither, but I think I'll manage at a later time, today is a busy day.)

Maybe @AcbMurders can help out, native Italian speaker or @Romulus. Don't know off course if the are on eBay.

Hi All

I have extracted the text from my timeline for now - I'll figure out how to upload documents as a longer term objective ;)

I hope this is ok - feel free to add/tweak and repost. As far as I'm concerned, this is crowd-sourced and therefore a collective effort as it draws on key
findings from everyone so far.

LK Timeline
  • yyyy? – 1993? | Attended Walthamstow Hall in Sevenoaks (previously named St. Hilary’s School) – completing GCSEs Kent Online
  • Feb - Dec 1993 | Michael Simon charged and acquitted of murder of a 79 yr old Josephine Bridges in UK BBC News - Independent
  • 1993/4? | LK attends Dartford Grammar School for Girls to complete further study Kent Online
  • 1995/6? | LK meets Peter (PS) in Gravesend at Cascades Leisure Centre | Louise age: 17 / 19yrs, Peter age: 33yrs Kent Online - Kent Online
  • 1996/7 | LK drops out of school to study art A-Levels at a college in Thanet; rents a room in a property in Broadstairs leased by Peter’s mother (“one year later” after meeting Peter) Kent Online - The Times
  • yyyy? | LK takes up nursing course at Christ Church University College (as it was then); placements at the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital in Margate Kent Online
  • Nov 1999 | Simon family moves from Broadstairs to Euskirchen/Strassfeld, Germany The Times
  • yyyy? | LK and PS get engaged?
  • 2001 | LK is still renting / living in Broadstairs with PS Kent Online
  • 2001 | Kerton family now living in New Ash Green, Kent Kent Online
  • mmm? 2001 | LK receives news of potential nursing course failure Kent Online
  • 28 July 2001 | PS returns to Broadstairs from Germany to “pick up some building materials” for a property matter Kent Online - Guardian
  • 30 July 2001 (am) | LK leaves to return to UK from holiday and due to meet tutors to discuss her course. LK dropped off by RS at Aachen train station, to take train to Ostend for ferry to Kent BBC News - Kent Online
  • 30 July 2001 | PS awaits LK in Kent at Dover Hoverspeed terminal. No sign of LK on Ostend ferry arrival. PS alerts LK’s parents. Authorities alerted? Independent - Kent Online
  • 30/31 July 2001 | PS “disappears” / “flees” to London for 2 days, before returning to give evidence to Kent police Independent
  • 2002 | Simon family home in Strassfeld searched Independent

I have added and amended a bit of known timeline.

LK Timeline
  • yyyy? – 1993? | Attended Walthamstow Hall in Sevenoaks (previously named St. Hilary’s School) – completing GCSEs Kent Online
  • Feb - Dec 1993 | Michael Simon charged and acquitted of murder of a 79 yr old Josephine Bridges in Broadstairs, UK BBC News - Independent
  • 1993/4? | LK attends Dartford Grammar School for Girls to complete further study Kent Online
  • 1995/6? | LK meets half German Peter Simon (PS) in Gravesend at Cascades Leisure Centre in ice skating rink| Louise age: 16/17yrs, Peter 14 years her senior, age: 30 yrs Kent Online - Kent Online
  • 1996/7 | LK drops out of school to study art A-Levels at a college in Thanet; moves in with Peter one year after meeting him to property in Broadstairs owned by Peter’s mother who also lives in the house with other son Michael (have separate rooms or apartments) Kent Online - The Times
  • yyyy? | LK and PS get engaged. Some reports state PS proposed just before LK nursing course other reports state he proposed once month before LK disappearance in July 2001
  • 1998/9 | LK takes up nursing course at Christ Church University College (as it was then); placements at the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital in Margate Kent Online
  • Nov 1999 | Ramana Simon buys house in Germany, Ramana and her son Michael moves from Broadstairs to Euskirchen/Strassfeld, Germany in November 1999 or Feb 2001 (different dates/years from different sources) The Times
  • July 2000 - Feb 2001 | Lucie Blackman disappears in July 2000 in Tokyo. She has attended the same school as LK. It became high profile case and everyone, including LK is aware of big impact on Lucie's family. Lucie's body is discovered in Feb 2001. She has been kidnapped and murdered. LK attends her funeral.
  • 2001 | LK is still renting / living in Broadstairs with PS. Relationship is strained and tumultuous. LK confides to her family she want to break off relationship with PS. Kent Online
  • June 2001 | LK receives news of potential nursing course failure and have to repeat her last 3rd year of course Kent Online
  • June 2001 | LK buys new phone to communicate from abroad, phone only used once - for test call on the day when bought
  • 18 June 2001 | LK goes on holiday (5 week break; “joins family” Simon) in Strassfeld, near Bonn/Aachen "with £78 in her pocket". Present in the house are - 38 year old Peter Simon, his brother Michael, 42, unknown disabled woman, their mother Ramana Simon, 65, real name Garda Maria Von Der Burg Simon The Times - Kent Online - Guardian - Independent
  • 20 July 2001 | LK sends letter to her parents dated 20 July - letter uncharacteristic to her writing, too neat and too short
  • 28 July 2001 | PS returns to Broadstairs from Germany to “pick up delivery of building materials” for a renovation of his and Luise Broadstairs appartment (still owned by his mother) Kent Online - Guardian
  • 30 July 2001 (am) | LK allegedly leaves to return to UK from holiday and due to meet tutors to discuss her course. LK allegedly dropped off by RS (PS mother) at Aachen train station, to take 12:04pm train to Ostend, Belgium for ferry to Dover, UK. RS allegedly watches LK entering platform 8 in Aachen. BBC News - Kent Online
  • 30 July 2001 | Boyfriend PS awaits LK in Kent at Dover Hoverspeed terminal. No sign of LK on Ostend ferry arrival. PS makes a scene. PS alerts LK’s siblings. Authorities alerted by siblings. PS behavious suspicious - talks about LK in past tense, also accusing her of cheating and other unsavoury bevhaviour Independent - Kent Online
  • 30/31 July 2001 | PS “disappears” / “flees” to London for 2 days, before returning to give evidence to Kent police. In following days he flees to Germany staying in secret location with some German relatives, not in Strassfeld Independent
  • 2001 | Kerton's family with help of Lucie Blackman's family hire private investigators who worked on Lucie's case - Bob Moffatt, a former Scotland Yard Superintendent and Dai Davies, a former head of royal protection who cought Lucie's killer. In Nov 2001 both detectives travelled to Germany to investigate
  • 2001/2 | Kerton's family travelled to Belgium and Germany on numerous occasions trying to find LK, making campaigns, distributing flyers etc. TV presenter Donald McTrevor accompanied them on one trip.
  • June 2002 | Missing person's case reclassified to criminal investigation
  • Sept 2002 | Simon family home in Strassfeld searched. LK camera found in Strassfeld property of Simon's family with strange photos of unknown group of people taken in a village in the region of Bad Zwischenahn, Lower Saxony, Germany. Independent
  • Nov 2002 | Some 200 officers with sniffer dogs carried out an extensive search of countryside near the village of Strassfeld
  • Dec 2002 | In television appeal on German version of Crimewatch, police release photos from LK camera to public and asked for the people in the photographs to contact them. Camera clue to vanished student
  • 2010 | LK mom Kath dies of stomach cancer
  • July 2021 | New media appeals on 20th anniversary of LK missing
  • Aug 2021 | PS believed to be living in Switzerland

Last edited:
I personally do not think there is any need to search for any train timelines. Louise was never there in Aachen. From all the information given it seems she might have come to harm some short time before July 20, 2001 letter. Anything and everything said and done afterwords was just to buy extra time and cover the tracks. All in my humble opinion.

I just realized I have forgotten to add to timeline that when Louise disappeared there was renovation work ongoing on Simon's family house in Strassfeld (as per Phill Kerton video interview). Also need to be added to timeline police searches done in Aachen - I just could not find yet in which months in 2001 and 2002 they were done. Whoever finds those details please add to timeline. Thank you.

I personally do not think there is any need to search for any train timelines. Louise was never there in Aachen. From all the information given it seems she might have come to harm some short time before July 20, 2001 letter. Anything and everything said and done afterwords was just to buy extra time and cover the tracks. All in my humble opinion.

I just realized I have forgotten to add to timeline that when Louise disappeared there was renovation work ongoing on Simon's family house in Strassfeld (as per Phill Kerton video interview). Also need to be added to timeline police searches done in Aachen - I just could not find yet in which months in 2001 and 2002 they were done. Whoever finds those details please add to timeline. Thank you.

I haven't yet been able to follow up the excellent ideas about the time tables that were offered on this thread. That said, I can agree with your line of thinking. For me, the time table is all about debunking an unlikely story, and since I used the current time table, IMO the actual connections from July 2001 might be more convincing. Also because apparently searches were done around Aachen Bahnhof, so the story must have gained some credibility at the time.

What do you mean by 'a short time before July 20. 2001'? How short a time? IMO the interval of interest lies between Louise buyng a phone some time in June, and never using it after one test call, and the letter she apperently did not write.
Assuming it was indeed Louise who was seen by the neighbours in Strassfort, what happened to that phone? Did no one miss hearing from her during the month she was away?

If Gerda Simon is still alive, she would be 85 years of age. There never was a better moment for her to tell what she knows.

From the link:

Decision of the Complaints Committee – 00575-22 Simon v thesun.co.uk
Summary of Complaint

1. Peter, Michael, and Ramana Simon complained to the Independent Press Standards Organisation that thesun.co.uk breached Clause 1 (Accuracy), Clause 2 (Privacy) and Clause 4 (Intrusion into grief or shock) of the Editors’ Code of Practice in an article headlined “COLD CASE 20 years on, there’s no clue about what happened to my girl who went missing in Germany”, published on 27th July 2021.

=========

Only one of the complaints was upheld, namely about the death of one of Peter Simon's brothers.

From the link:

Decision of the Complaints Committee – 00575-22 Simon v thesun.co.uk
Summary of Complaint

1. Peter, Michael, and Ramana Simon complained to the Independent Press Standards Organisation that thesun.co.uk breached Clause 1 (Accuracy), Clause 2 (Privacy) and Clause 4 (Intrusion into grief or shock) of the Editors’ Code of Practice in an article headlined “COLD CASE 20 years on, there’s no clue about what happened to my girl who went missing in Germany”, published on 27th July 2021.

=========

Only one of the complaints was upheld, namely about the death of one of Peter Simon's brothers.
Thank you! I was just scanning through searching for a conclusion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back