LP Asks “Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! This is my first actual post, however I've definitely been following just about every single thread on here (regarding Caylee's "disappearance). The fact that most of the posts on Websleuth's are fairly educated and all come from people that really care about missing children earns my highest respect. Having said that, here's my question: While I do not condone every single thing LP suggests, most of the time he's only stating what everybody else has already put into print. If it's not true what was only "inquired" about LA, then that poor man's life could get ruined via a smear campaign. I for one would not like to be part of that. I'll wait for official results where the paternity is concerned. With regards to LP implying that Tony might not be telling a "whole truth", could you please tell me why Tony picked up CMA and she had bags of groceries in her arms - yet she did not have her purse? Her purse was left on the front seat of the car. Something just doesn't fit. I'm not implying Tony is lying, something just doesn't add up. Also, after hearing about Chloroform last night, I beg to differ with what was reported (if only slightly). I went to Florida State University and learned alot about chemicals while going to school in the medical field. I'm no expert, and decided it wasn't for me after sitting in on my 2nd autopsy, but Chloroform actually can be derived from Chlorine mixing with water, alcohol, certain bodily proteins, etc. It can also be derived from dumpsters containing old protein & bacteria (waste, food, dead carcasses). The fairly high amount that was reported concerns me, but still makes me think about what LP said on NG last night. I'll go through and look at all the other threads again in a moment, so b/c I'm being lazy, think I should also add something else here. I have several friends that still live in Orange County, Fl. My family & I are moving back there (Kissimmee) in about 2 years, so I search demographics all the time. Drug arrests, organized sex, and pedophiles are in abundance right around that immediate area (that Part of Orlando). Without mentioning names, ALOT of CMA's new "friends" are known drug users & dealers, most casually use X and other forms of Meth, Cocaine, and smoke alot of Weed. No matter what anyone else thinks, I think it is highly probable that CMA could have been doing something like this. I think law enforcement is probably looking into the owner of a certain string of clubs, and if they're not - they should be. I remember when I use to live there (I went to FSU for 2 yrs but then transferred to Valencia Community for 6 months), there were 2 "high end" Society Girl Clubs. Oh, and something else - Without a doubt, and I do mean WITHOUT A DOUBT, a human decomposing body could NOT ever be confused with the smell of anything else in the world. It's a smell I hope nobody has to learn about b/c once you do, you honestly never forget it. It makes me sick just thinking about it. The first time it happened to me, I ate peanuts for almost 2 months. I tried packing Vick's under my nose just so I could smell something else...ewww! Again, just something to ponder :)

In my first post here I posted a "rumor" and "gossip" that I heard that LE was suspicious of Tony (at least in the first few weeks). I got raked over the coals for it and quit posting little things I've heard. I understand TOTALLY. Websleuths deals with facts. You can speculate but you have to say it's speculation. If you hear a really credible "leak" you better sit on it or tell who told ya or people will flame away.

But maybe George just goes along....goes along....whatever Cindy tells him is what he thinks. That could be a secret between Lee, Cindy and Casey.

Cindy is the QUEEN of her DOMAIN.

Caysee is a PRINCESS...

and George is the COURT JESTER!

I have only read what LP said that got this thread started.
IMO
LP came into this case like some kind of hero, who was so much better than everyone else involved in this case, to save the day and locate Caylee, who had been snatched away by kidnappers. Am I wrong here?
Misguided, good intentions, I don't know, but definitely uninformed.
He has thrown out wild theory after wild theory, with not a shred of evidence to back it up. He is a bounty hunter. He was not called in by LE as a special consultant, and I find it extremely unlikely LE is bringing him in to the case and giving him special privileges on the information they have uncovered. Now he is questioning if Lee is the father of Caylee. What is he basing this on? I'll tell you what, his total ignorance of DNA. Meanwhile, this has been put out by the media. Lee is being trashed because an uninformed BH can't stop running his mouth to get airtime.
Hey, LP, it is called mitochondrial dna. LOOK IT UP! It would take 5 minutes to google this, I wonder if Lee will be able to get this smear off his name in his lifetime.

Lanie

<<Websleuths deals with facts>>

I think we passed that point a long time ago.

<<I got raked over the coals for it and quit posting little things I've heard.>>

I get raked every now and then too, but judging from what some people are posting, this thread being chief case in point, I don't let it bother me. Don't stop posting just because someone didn't like what you said. I've read plenty of posts regarding this case that I didn't agree with either.

I had to laugh a little when I read about Lee being Caylee's father. I posed this theory to my family a few weeks ago and they thought I had lost my mind! But, I've still had the possibility in the back of my head. I mean, just the names alone made me put two and two together just as an observation: Casey + Lee = Caylee

Plus, there has been such a strange "secret" about who the dad of Caylee actually is. It just seems odd that no one really knows for sure....I'm betting that if the father was Lee, that would be one heck of a secret to keep! And it certainly would be a "shocking" piece of evidence to be disclosed! It's just another piece of this extremely strange puzzle.

But, my brother and I are really close so maybe she did it just as a family thing. Both of my kids middle names are from family names as a way to honor our relatives from the past.

That's why I am wondering why we are concentrating so much on Mitochondrial DNA in regards to paternity . A full DNA profile has already been done on Caylee.

JMO

IF LE had a full DNA profile from the stain and the hair in the trunk, they would be able to say without doubt whether it was from Caylee or not. It wouldn't matter if they knew who the father was.

Found this so far:

Mitochondrial DNA is only passed from mother to children. So all siblings to the same mother will have the exact same mitochondrial DNA.

This is my understanding also, Rose Mom. In the Maddie McCann case, they could only trace the DNA back through the mother and her linage. That is why the DNA was never conclusive. It could have come from the mom or either of the twins or any other children Kate might have had.

I have not gotton to the end of this thread (on 1st page), but I am a little disappointed in this line of thought without some scientific evidence or at least reasoning to base it on.

Salem

Someone who uses sex to gain acceptance or love doesn't discriminate between family and non family.
They are looking for acceptance.
Given the way Casey is, I could see her coming on to either LA or GA and things going to far.

That's kinda general to assume every person who uses sex to gain acceptance is not above incest. And what is even more silly is to assume her family would actually give in to her and have sex with her....

I don't care for the Anthony's very much these days, but jumping to the incest theory is sorta pushing it.

When I got up this morning and poured me a cup of coffee, I had no idea I was going to need a Bloody Mary instead.....

Same here! Or even vodka infused coffee.....:dance:

I have only read what LP said that got this thread started.
IMO
LP came into this case like some kind of hero, who was so much better than everyone else involved in this case, to save the day and locate Caylee, who had been snatched away by kidnappers. Am I wrong here?
Misguided, good intentions, I don't know, but definitely uninformed.
He has thrown out wild theory after wild theory, with not a shred of evidence to back it up. He is a bounty hunter. He was not called in by LE as a special consultant, and I find it extremely unlikely LE is bringing him in to the case and giving him special privileges on the information they have uncovered. Now he is questioning if Lee is the father of Caylee. What is he basing this on? I'll tell you what, his total ignorance of DNA. Meanwhile, this has been put out by the media. Lee is being trashed because an uninformed BH can't stop running his mouth to get airtime.
Hey, LP, it is called mitochondrial dna. LOOK IT UP! It would take 5 minutes to google this, I wonder if Lee will be able to get this smear off his name in his lifetime.

Lanie

See I think LP has made mistakes, but honest ones. WHEN he realized he was wrong he then admitted it. Unlike the Anthony's.

I also think LP would be really careful about saying anything that could get him sued.

LP wasn't born yesterday.

If he said this then it's now public knowledge.

It shocks me more that certain threads I think should be okay get deleted here and ones like this one flourish.

I guess I am just old and out of touch with what is an isn't good taste.:eek:

http://www.540wfla.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=227698&article=4189759

news this morning

Added by Christine, this is what he said, let's keep the facts straight.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“The Feds released information that the hair was either the mother’s or the daughter’s; they didn’t distinguish,” Padilla said. “Why would they not know whether it was the daughter or the mother? They didn’t say it was Caylee’s.”

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Padilla said that officials ruled it was Caylee’s hair just by a process of elimination because the hair had a death ring around it and they know Casey is alive. The fact that the DNA is identical has something to do with who the father is, Padilla said.

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey have basically the same characteristics? Making the preliminary DNA check not definitive as to who the hair samples are from,” he said.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

i could be wrong, and maybe this has been discussed, but I think this has to do with the mitochondial (sp) DNA. I remember this coming up in another case at some point. If there's only a piece of hair, and it's not attached to skin, then they do this test on the hair and all it will show is the link to the mother. This test doesn't show who the father is, because the hair sample is missing the part that would allow them to find this out. That's why they are saying it's Caylee's or Casey's because they are both related to Cindy.

Given the family dynamics, the possibility of sibling incest isn't all that shocking to me. I have always contended that Casey exhibits the behaviors of someone who has experienced sexual abuse as a child.

The fact that Casey had lots of boyfriends and was 19 does not preclude the possibility of incest. In fact it makes it more feasible, IMO, since sexual promiscuity is one of the hallmark acting-out behaviors of sexual abuse victims.

Look at grandma Cindy's pathology as it expresses itself outwardly. There are deep deep issues in this family that would provide a textbook scenario for sibling incest. It is not just about sex, it is about complex family dysfunction.

Incest is an ugly topic for society to look at, but it is a reality that exists in many homes in America. Statistics indicate that as many as one woman in 8 is incestuously abused before age 14 and about 1/3 of those perpetrators are siblings. Both siblings would be considered victims in most situations. I would not rule it out in this case.

As an advocate for sexual abuse survivors, I am sorry to see that this subject sickens people instead of prompting them to learn more about this insidious form of the victimization of children.

Of course the child resulting from incest has a higher chance of health issues since they could inherit bad genes two-fold from the bloodline. That is true, but it would not necessarily manifest in a huge way. Generations of inbreeding could create some significant problems for sure, though.

$.02

See I think LP has made mistakes, but honest ones. WHEN he realized he was wrong he then admitted it. Unlike the Anthony's.

I also think LP would be really careful about saying anything that could get him sued.

LP wasn't born yesterday.

If he said this then it's now public knowledge.

It shocks me more that certain threads I think should be okay get deleted here and ones like this one flourish.

I guess I am just old and out of touch with what is an isn't good taste.:eek:

From my understanding, to prove slander, one would have to prove that the person maliciously spread untruths. The problem is, LP can always say he honestly thought that was a valid theory and was not maliciously spreading untruths since it was only a theory. In that case, slander would be extremely hard to prove.

He would basically have to admit that he knew there was no incest but decided to spread that rumor anyways to ruin the family. He's too smart to say something like that.

It appears this was started due to comments made by LP the BH. Nothing against LP but I take his comments with a grain of salt. LE/FBI is not sharing this type of info with him.

Originally Posted by SuziQ
When I got up this morning and poured me a cup of coffee, I had no idea I was going to need a Bloody Mary instead.....

This about sums it up doesn't it?

From my understanding, to prove slander, one would have to prove that the person maliciously spread untruths. The problem is, LP can always say he honestly thought that was a valid theory and was not maliciously spreading untruths since it was only a theory. In that case, slander would be extremely hard to prove.

He would basically have to admit that he knew there was no incest but decided to spread that rumor anyways to ruin the family. He's too smart to say something like that.

I understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is that a very similar thread was deleted yesterday and we were told that any further discussion could get us banned.

Sooooooooo...what makes this any different? I just deleted my first comment to this thread as I really am going on my general knowledge of this subject which could or could not be relevant to this case. :silenced:

snipped...

Given the family dynamics, the possibility of sibling incest isn't all that shocking to me. I have always contended that Casey exhibits the behaviors of someone who has experienced sexual abuse as a child.

The fact that Casey had lots of boyfriends and was 19 does not preclude the possibility of incest. In fact it makes it more feasible, IMO, since sexual promiscuity is one of the hallmark acting-out behaviors of sexual abuse victims.

my background is in psych and this was actually my thought too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980