LP Asks “Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really sick speculation and a really sick question for LP to ask, with absolutely no basis or merit whatsoever.

This case has enough real-life drama. We don't need to invent more.

I am not defending him or anything.... but I would get an attorney as well if I was him. As fast as LP started talking about the boyfriend, the roomate, and after Tony and friends saw how Casey could easily tell all the lies - even about her own parents - I would want to protect MYSELF PRONTO. And it would cross my mind that Casey could tell some wild story about ME hurting the child. And it would be HER word against MINE.

Getting an attorney to protect you is different from being considered a suspect in a police investigation. I think it would have been really stupid on his behalf not to get an attorney. I don't remember any information about him stop talking to the police. I think he doesn't have anything else to tell the police, they examined his house and found nothing, I am sure they examined his whereabouts and phone records, and I think he cooperated plenty with them from the beginning and he would be a material witness for the prosecution.

I totally get your point....I am not thinking clearly this morning, no lie I have been on the board since midnight reading and trying to catch up, I've had no sleep, living on coffee right now, my family thinks I'm insane, LOL....meant no disrespect with my post, just trying to figure it out....and I suppose if I were in the shoes of ANYONE that knew Casey I would probably be lawyering up too.

This brings another question. If he was just using the LA-KC union as a wild example and never for a moment thought about incest in this family, what else did he mean about "The fact that the DNA is identical has something to do with who the father is", apart of course from the fact that he is clearly wrong scientifically? All of this assuming he is totally wrong, I'm just saying what is he, LP, thinking and why

I do really apologise to everyone about the choice of title! I really only meant to bring up this surprsing article and why on earth LP would be saying this and I wrote it hurriedly

No worries....I would have probably put something like this...
:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:
I don't think I could have typed....lol

Nothing would surprise me with this family. If what we're seeing is their best behavior, then I'm really skeered of behind closed doors behavior when no one is looking.

But with that said, I have to say that I don't care who the father is. Really, I don't. The implications are ethically awful, but it were LA, then at least we know the real father doesn't have her.

Bah - I'm jaded with all these side roads. I just want the when, the how (though I'll probably regret that), and the where. The who I think I've figured out. And the why wouldn't be good enough no matter what it turned out to be.

TL probably got the atty because his and Clint's statements show that one of them is lying. he is probably just trying to be prepared when people start asking questions about that.

Among other things, I agree. Think of the visual when you were a kid and picked up a rock and all the bugs scattered to find a new hiding spot.

what is mitochondrial dna and what's the difference with reg dna?

This brings another question. If he was just using the LA-KC union as a wild example and never for a moment thought about incest in this family, what else did he mean about "The fact that the DNA is identical has something to do with who the father is", apart of course from the fact that he is clearly wrong scientifically? All of this assuming he is totally wrong, I'm just saying what is he, LP, thinking and why

Because the mitochondrial result of DNA will be identical between the Mother and Daughter; it does not factor the Father, it is a DNA extraction that does not use the male comparitive. Which btw, could also mean what I have said all along, that JO is the Daddy, and Caylee is with him.

what is mitochondrial dna and what's the difference with reg dna?

through female line as it does not chnage "Unlike nuclear DNA, which is inherited from both parents and in which genes are rearranged in the process of recombination, there is usually no change in mtDNA from parent to offspring. Although mtDNA also recombines, it does so with copies of itself within the same mitochondrion. Because of this and because the mutation rate of animal mtDNA is higher than that of nuclear DNA,[4] mtDNA is a powerful tool for tracking ancestry through females (matrilineage) and has been used in this role to track the ancestry of many species back hundreds of generations"

wiki sorry

I totally get your point....I am not thinking clearly this morning, no lie I have been on the board since midnight reading and trying to catch up, I've had no sleep, living on coffee right now, my family thinks I'm insane, LOL....meant no disrespect with my post, just trying to figure it out....and I suppose if I were in the shoes of ANYONE that knew Casey I would probably be lawyering up too.

I don't really think any apologies are necessary...in this case anything is possible and since Caylee hasn't been found yet, all those possibilities should be considered. IMO.

Because the mitochondrial result of DNA will be identical between the Mother and Daughter; it does not factor the Father, it is a DNA extraction that does not use the male comparitive. Which btw, could also mean what I have said all along, that JO is the Daddy, and Caylee is with him.

thanks, I'm a scientist, but that wasn't my question :)

LOL, read mine, layman's cliffnotes verion :) Good job Waddles and welcome to WS- are you in Paris?

IMO, LP was trying to figure out if Lee and Casey HAVE basically the same characteristics in their DNA.

Brother and sister would have a speck here and there in their DNA to relate them to one another BUT unless they are twins, all DNA testing of Casey and Lee would show they are related.

In essence ... basic characteristics in DNA.

I don't think Lee is the father. Many brothers and sisters are really tight without there being any sex involved. Many children DO look like their aunts and uncles. It doesn't mean a thing.

As for the name, Caylee, perhaps Casey picked it to HONOR her brother since they were so close.

As for the father's side of the family not knowing. . . I don't think they need to know after their son has passed and they had no prior knowledge of it. Why open another can of worms?

And just a side note, I think Lee is telling the truth.

I agree. My youngest son is the spitting image of my brother, but he's sure not the father!! And seeing as how Casey wasn't deeply involved with the father (whoever he is/was), it makes sense to me that she would name her child after people in her own family. And as far as Lee being close to Casey and Caylee, I don't get why people find that suspicious. As a PP said, many
times uncles, cousins, etc. fill the void when there's no father in the picture. My niece doesn't have a dad in her life, so both my husband and our brother-in-law have stepped up to take on that role. IMO, Lee was the only functional relationship Casey had in her life.

That kind of speculation from LP should have been kept to himself unless he got confirmation from an expert.

Enough people are being hurt already.

It is like pointing the finger at Casey's friends. Unless you KNOW for a fact they kidnapped Caylee why smear them?

Isn't it enough that Casey's friends and her family have to bear the loss of Caylee and Casey's betrayal? Is it fair that they should have to endure accusations based on speculation and theories also????

IMO

http://www.540wfla.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=227698&article=4189759

news this morning

Added by Christine, this is what he said, let's keep the facts straight.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“The Feds released information that the hair was either the mother’s or the daughter’s; they didn’t distinguish,” Padilla said. “Why would they not know whether it was the daughter or the mother? They didn’t say it was Caylee’s.”

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Padilla said that officials ruled it was Caylee’s hair just by a process of elimination because the hair had a death ring around it and they know Casey is alive. The fact that the DNA is identical has something to do with who the father is, Padilla said.

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey have basically the same characteristics? Making the preliminary DNA check not definitive as to who the hair samples are from,” he said.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I wish that I could remember more of what I used to know about DNA. For some reason I was under the impression that when they did the DNA they were only able to do mitochondrial (sp?) DNA, which would only match the mother and be an exact match.

I would love more clarification on if the DNA test was mitochondrial or the full DNA. And if Padilla just speculating, or knew this would rock everything because they told him that it was from a family member and if so, how do we know that it was Lee and not some sick uncle, or whatnot that hurt Casey. I don't know why I continue to give these people the benefit of the doubt but it is all just so bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds