LP Now Says He "Wouldn't Have Gotten Involved"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand what you are saying:blowkiss:

AND YES, TIM MILLER AND EQUASEARCH ARE GOING TO BREAK THIS CASE WIDE OPEN. I have complete faith in his group.

I think they will, too... they blew me away with the Naomi Arnette case: not much to go on after many months, but TES came in and got right down to business and quickly found her (her body)... they are amazing!

If I was Leonard and Tony I'd demand an immediate meeting with Baez and Casey and give her two choices.

1.) Custody or Caylee

NOW.........NOT TOMORROW!!!

It's not going to happen. Because Casey's not giving up a body, because that MEANS custody for sure.

I am going to be totally out of line here...but being a newbie, I guess its implied. My heart goes out to the grandparents. I watched the grandfather kiss the image of his granddaughter on the billboard. Do I think this was all ridiculous...of course. I've watched every raw interview, I've read ALL the reports.

We all really, in the deep dark places of ourselves wanted and want Caylee to be alive. The chances of that happening are nil to none.

I applaud what LP, TP, and everyone have done. They got more invovled than we have, and they went on national TV to really believe that Caylee was still alive.

It hurts all of us...I hug my daughter a little tighter every day b/c of this case. But don't throw those people that were going above and beyond on the fire to get to the truth.

We don't know the truth yet, and we may never know the whole truth. I'm just so sick and so sad over this whole thing.

Well, this is an interesting development. It took me all day to get through all the documents and I can't say that I am surprised by anything in there other than the sheer number of lies told.

I am feeling rather sorry for the Padilla's right now because I could see the writing on the wall long before they did. However, they didn't do their homework before they jumped into this and that was a mistake on their part that I don't really understand them making. Even if they truly believed and still believe that they can find Caylee, they could have done what they are doing now or planning to do now without bailing her out. I guess they were taken for a ride but good business men do their research before they put their money down. Now all that money that could have been donated to help in searches, flyers, posters, or charities for Caylee and other missing children is gone and wasted. Too bad really.

I am going to be totally out of line here...but being a newbie, I guess its implied. My heart goes out to the grandparents. I watched the grandfather kiss the image of his granddaughter on the billboard. Do I think this was all ridiculous...of course. I've watched every raw interview, I've read ALL the reports.

We all really, in the deep dark places of ourselves wanted and want Caylee to be alive. The chances of that happening are nil to none.

I applaud what LP, TP, and everyone have done. They got more invovled than we have, and they went on national TV to really believe that Caylee was still alive.

It hurts all of us...I hug my daughter a little tighter every day b/c of this case. But don't throw those people that were going above and beyond on the fire to get to the truth.

We don't know the truth yet, and we may never know the whole truth. I'm just so sick and so sad over this whole thing.

marleysmom,
The Grandparents are doing what they SHOULD do under these circumstances. They're saying things that aren't appropriate, DOING things that don't seem right. How WOULD you know HOW to act? How COULD you?
How in hell could you go from being a grandma, mad at your kid, to being in the limelight like THIS with a missing Granddaughter that you LOVED??
I don't think there's a protocall for this.
These are simple people. Not the best parents, thrown into the cameras and being depicted as evil monsters.
For God's sake, let's cut these people some slack. I don't believe they had a hand in harming Caylee. They have a daughter that they don't understand and their world has disintegrated into hell.
That's all I have to say about it.

If the bond was made so Casey could help find Caylee.....then why has the bond not been revoked?

This was all done for Caylee. To help bring Caylee home. Well....I don't see Caylee! All I've seen is Casey getting hugs and kisses and a hot shower and pizza and a comfy bed.

I'll believe that this whole thing was "done for Caylee" when I see Casey being thrown back in jail!

moo

If the bond was made so Casey could help find Caylee.....then why has the bond not been revoked?

This was all done for Caylee. To help bring Caylee home. Well....I don't see Caylee! All I've seen is Casey getting hugs and kisses and a hot shower and pizza and a comfy bed.

I'll believe that this whole thing was "done for Caylee" when I see Casey being thrown back in jail!

moo

Amster, you said it well :clap:

I just cannot drum up much sympathy for the BH and crew after the early interviews they gave. Some of them were a bit condescending IMO.

Another thing that holds me back is that segment of Geraldo's & some other reporters on the scene where they "take you inside" the RV. I just had a side by side mental image of our Webleuther out in the brush and heat searching..contrasted by the BH crew lounging in the air conditioned RV...

And the old cranky cynic in me wonders if Casey would be out on bail at all if she was terribly unattractive? NOT inferring anything about BH here...just a natural inclination for humans to react to physical characteristics..

Like the women who could not believe Scott Peterson was guilty, Casey will no doubt have some the opposite sex wonder how a petite, young, attractive woman could possibly be guilty of such a heinous act.

Petite, young, attractive brings out a stronger urge for the mind to reject the possibility of horrible acts...and bring out he protective instincts in the male?

Its how nature works...but just thinking out loud here. :waitasec:

I see Casey as one that assuredly uses her sexuality and looks to manipulate.

I don't understand what it is about the 400-page document that has caused LP to change his mind. It all just corroborates what was already known. Casey obstructed justice, lied to the police and didn't try to help them find Caylee. LP knew all of this, along with the fact that she waited 31 days to even tell anyone Caylee was missing, and that was only because her mom forced it out of her.

Maybe he's just tired of sitting in that trailer while Casey and her attorney go about their lives.

I have to agree - from what I've read of these documents, there were hundreds of unanswered questions, and all of Casey's friends were confused by her. Many things we had heard as rumors were confirmed, which really isn't that surprising. From things I saw on TV, LP didn't actually know as much about the case as he probably should have.

So LP may have had good intentions and all that, but surely the Law Enforcement tried to tell him that it was more complicated than just getting Casey talk. She's certainly talked alot already.

I understand what you are saying:blowkiss:

AND YES, TIM MILLER AND EQUASEARCH ARE GOING TO BREAK THIS CASE WIDE OPEN. I have complete faith in his group.

So do I.

Call me a sucker too and I feel for him and truly believe that he was sent there for a reason and maybe this is it ........ I have all the respect in the world for him ... now more than ever !

I have supported him all along. I hated to see that little rodent trying to give him a verbal beatdown on NG last night. He just sat there hat in hand and waited for her to finish. I don't think anyone of us could see the depth of Casey's evil. Leonard, and you and I, were shocked after reading those 400 pages.

As an attorney (family law, not criminal defense!) I can tell you that when you have a complete wreck of a client like Casey, all those hours they are spending together are pretty normal. I put in a lot of time with my clients, especially when they have emotional issues. But that's usually on the phone. These two can't talk on the phone privately so he must meet with her outside of the home. Also, much of my work is also spent in preparation for hearings, etc.. Getting clients ready for trial. That can take a lot of time. You cannot imagine how many times a client will tell you a perfectly moving, amazing story and then you but them on the stand and they sound like they have brain damage. So, you have to prepare them to avoid that. Of course, he liekly won't have Casey on the stand. In this case, he may be sifting through all of her b.s. and explaining patiently why the stories do not add up. He may also be trying to find a way to mitigate against all the negatives. That also takes a huge amount of time. And, I do not believe for one moment that Baez is merely working on a defense against child neglect and obstruction. I guarantee you, he's working on a murder defense. He's got to, given the facts of this case. He knows by now whether there is a live little girl to be found. He would be negligent if he did not have his own P.I.'s working the case and doing everything they could to find the baby alive and corroborate his client's story. If his investigation turns up nothing except that his client is a crazy liar, then he knows he needs to begin defending a murder case.

Thank you! Very clear and intelligent. I think though, it is telling that he is treating this like he is defending a murder case. Obviously, Casey can't tell anyone (including Baez) where Caylee is despite her lies to the contrary. Baez either knows Caylee is dead or knows that Casey has no idea who/what/where Caylee is.

I don't understand what it is about the 400-page document that has caused LP to change his mind. It all just corroborates what was already known. Casey obstructed justice, lied to the police and didn't try to help them find Caylee. LP knew all of this, along with the fact that she waited 31 days to even tell anyone Caylee was missing, and that was only because her mom forced it out of her.

Maybe he's just tired of sitting in that trailer while Casey and her attorney go about their lives.

Ummm.... maybe the fact that both dad and the tow truck driver/attendant smelled the dead body odor in the car (and the attendant had smelled a dead body in a car once before and dad was ex-LE so he probably has smelled dead body as well) which had been one of the points many "Caylee is alive" people had used to say there was no dead body because they claimed that the impound lot didn't smell it (or they would have called LE) and neither did dad (or he would). The fact that Caylee's "stuff" was in the car still, her backback, clothes and toys... stuff that's normally left at a babysitter's house... at least the backpack would. Also, the fact that Casey didn't care enough about her child to not sleep in men's beds with her. If she wanted to sleep around, that was Casey's business but you DON'T bring your child and you DEFINITELY DON'T let her sleep in the same bed with you. Ick.

Props to Leonard Padilla. He strikes me as a sincere person. I really think his intentions were on the level and he thought Casey would really apply herself once let out of jail. I watched him on NG and felt bad that he got played by Casey. Another victim in her web of lies.
Leonard you are a class act.

marleysmom,
the grandparents are doing what they should do under these circumstances. They're saying things that aren't appropriate, doing things that don't seem right. How would you know how to act? How could you?
How in hell could you go from being a grandma, mad at your kid, to being in the limelight like this with a missing granddaughter that you loved??
These are simple people. Not the best parents, thrown into the cameras and being depicted as evil monsters.
For god's sake, let's cut these people some slack. I don't believe they had a hand in harming caylee. They have a daughter that they don't understand and their world has disintegrated into hell.
That's all i have to say about it.
awesome post !!!!!

marleysmom,
The Grandparents are doing what they SHOULD do under these circumstances. They're saying things that aren't appropriate, DOING things that don't seem right. How WOULD you know HOW to act? How COULD you?
How in hell could you go from being a grandma, mad at your kid, to being in the limelight like THIS with a missing Granddaughter that you LOVED??
For God's sake, let's cut these people some slack. I don't believe they had a hand in harming Caylee. They have a daughter that they don't understand and their world has disintegrated into hell.

I agree with you. :clap:

Props to Leonard Padilla. He strikes me as a sincere person. I really think his intentions were on the level and he thought Casey would really apply herself once let out of jail. I watched him on NG and felt bad that he got played by Casey. Another victim in her web of lies.
Leonard you are a class act.

I am surprised someone like Leonard could be "played" at all. I doubt he would have taken seriously anything "said" by Casey Anthony. He was "had" by Baez. I'm sure I'm repeating someone :crazy: who already said this.

Leonard and Tony are not out of the picture. They just have a more realistic idea of where they can go and what they can do now. All for the best, in spite of how it started out!

marleysmom,

I got the feeling that you were disagreeing with me, almost trying to "Set me straight', and I'm not sure why....I agree w/ everything you said....I have the same train of thought. Maybe I didn't communicate it correctly, but I was trying to say I was disappointed in the turn a lot of these posts had taken. A lot of people on this board are so ready to throw everyone involved to the wolves. Do we all have the right to our opinion - absolutely, but the right to call names as though we're 5 and can't come up w/ a rational argument- No, in my opinion.

I'm just so sad how all of this is turning out. I believed from the beginning that something horrible happened to Caylee. But it was easier to believe that and move on before finding WS and really reading into everything so deeply that you feel like you get a much better feeling how everyone operates. Its just hurtful, and looking at my almost 2 year old I just squeeze her tighter and tighter everyday.

See I stopped cutting them slack when I heard how they obstructed justice.
I believe that an ex homicide detective and a nurse with a degree are smart enough to know not to do that.
It's one thing to not know how to act about losing your granddaughter. It's another to wash evidence.
I am not going to cut them any slack now.
Now is the time to stop being co-dependent and get this girl some serious help.

I got the feeling that you were disagreeing with me, almost trying to "Set me straight', and I'm not sure why....I agree w/ everything you said....I have the same train of thought. Maybe I didn't communicate it correctly, but I was trying to say I was disappointed in the turn a lot of these posts had taken. A lot of people on this board are so ready to throw everyone involved to the wolves. Do we all have the right to our opinion - absolutely, but the right to call names as though we're 5 and can't come up w/ a rational argument- No, in my opinion.

I'm just so sad how all of this is turning out. I believed from the beginning that something horrible happened to Caylee. But it was easier to believe that and move on before finding WS and really reading into everything so deeply that you feel like you get a much better feeling how everyone operates. Its just hurtful, and looking at my almost 2 year old I just squeeze her tighter and tighter everyday.

i have to say that this whole case has really made me appreciate my children alot more .. esp my daughter . i look at her and i think of caylee and wish that caylee has the same love kiera has from her parents .. so many children are unloved and thrown away and it really angers me because i just cant fathom how ANYONE could be that way ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back