Lt. Greenwood responds to public records request 12-14-09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can understand about keeping crucial information away from the public, but can't they release something? ANYTHING?!? Rule somebody out at least?

...or is the letter just trying to cover for the fact that they don't really have diddly squat. They 'think' they 'might' know what happened, but there's no evidence to back it up?

At this point I'm much more likely to think they don't have any real leads.

Emeralgem-

I was very very confused after watching that video, when it came out. There wasn't much info that was given then either. (at least in my opinion)

I can understand about keeping crucial information away from the public, but can't they release something? ANYTHING?!? Rule somebody out at least?

...or is the letter just trying to cover for the fact that they don't really have diddly squat. They 'think' they 'might' know what happened, but there's no evidence to back it up?

At this point I'm much more likely to think they don't have any real leads.

I wish they would at least rule people out too, seems so unfair. I can't remember who this quote was from (TM I think) but the person said "PSCO has a room full of evidence", too bad they can't put the evidence together to come to a conclusion.:(

It would be nice if the PCSO would give an update in response to the request for public records. It would be even better if some kind of info was released regarding the investigation, such as ruling out some people as Dee and Gotarugrat said.

If LE has a room full of evidence, the only logical reason I can think of why there haven't been any charges or arrests is because the evidence isn't good enough to get a conviction. Why else would they have all this evidence, yet no one is sitting in jail?

It would be nice if the PCSO would give an update in response to the request for public records. It would be even better if some kind of info was released regarding the investigation, such as ruling out some people as Dee and Gotarugrat said.

If LE has a room full of evidence, the only logical reason I can think of why there haven't been any charges or arrests is because the evidence isn't good enough to get a conviction. Why else would they have all this evidence, yet no one is sitting in jail?

Maybe some critical thinking skills are in order. :(

Evidence? What exactly do they have evidence of? A kidnapping? An accident? A murder? A cover up? Evidence that Haleigh DID live in that house?
Maybe their "evidence" doesn't mean anything, doesn't prove anything, and is just circumstantial stuff.

I just don't see where ruling a couple of people out is going to taint their investigation.

Just my opinion but Law Enforcement has always been as clear as they could be, in my opinion that is, of when Haleigh was last seen. They have always seemed to focus on the evening hours, more specifically 7 to 8:30 pm. Despite making public that Misty's story is full of inconsistencies investigators have not specified what part of Misty's account is the truth and what part is inconsistent. In doing so they have brought on the public speculation about the "true events" of the evening. In my opinion it does not stand to reason that something happened to Haleigh soon after she stepped off the school bus that day. In my opinion the turning point in the evening came after 7 PM and since there are now reports of a "argument" at 8:30 with Misty then making it impossible for Ronald to reach her by phone anymore, I think the time line was being worked from that point on.

Law Enforcement were interested in Sunday to Tuesday, but if you listen to Lyndsey Croslin there is definitely a 4 hour window that investigators are looking at. Here is the video where she explains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjaB7tU65JU

Just my opinion but Law Enforcement has always been as clear as they could be, in my opinion that is, of when Haleigh was last seen. They have always seemed to focus on the evening hours, more specifically 7 to 8:30 pm. Despite making public that Misty's story is full of inconsistencies investigators have not specified what part of Misty's account is the truth and what part is inconsistent. In doing so they have brought on the public speculation about the "true events" of the evening. In my opinion it does not stand to reason that something happened to Haleigh soon after she stepped off the school bus that day. In my opinion the turning point in the evening came after 7 PM and since there are now reports of a "argument" at 8:30 with Misty then making it impossible for Ronald to reach her by phone anymore, I think the time line was being worked from that point on.

Law Enforcement were interested in Sunday to Tuesday, but if you listen to Lyndsey Croslin there is definitely a 4 hour window that investigators are looking at. Here is the video where she explains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjaB7tU65JU

And IMHO I believe whatever happened occurred not too long after Haleigh got off that school bus and when Misty took off to an unknown destination..
I will believe GGMS saw Haleigh alive and well and eating dinner on the front porch ONLY when she takes a LVA test and the results of that test prove she is telling the truth...JMO

Even if, as Elle suspects, they're looking at the hours between 7-8:30, that puts GGMS into the thick of it. What does she know?

Even if, as Elle suspects, they're looking at the hours between 7-8:30, that puts GGMS into the thick of it. What does she know?

IMHO..IF GGMS was there during that time, I suspect she already knew or found out real quick that Haleigh was deceased...I also suspect IF there was an argument over the telephone between Ron C and Misty at 8:30 pm that night it was over what had happened, and what needed to be set in to motion for a coverup..I also suspect Misty either left the MH that night with GGMS or another member of Ron C's family. And she wasn't dropped off back at the MH until around two am or a little after 2:00am... JMO

Evidence? What exactly do they have evidence of? A kidnapping? An accident? A murder? A cover up? Evidence that Haleigh DID live in that house?
Maybe their "evidence" doesn't mean anything, doesn't prove anything, and is just circumstantial stuff.

I just don't see where ruling a couple of people out is going to taint their investigation.

I can see a defense team arguing that LE didn't focus on this person or that, they jumped to a conclusion, didn't look for evidence pointing to this person or that one. I really think that the Caylee case has probably changed a lot of the SOP on cases like this, but I'm just making assumptions like everybody else.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they're trying to nail down the details. Might be looking at a handful of suspects, but can't pin the capital charges on the exact one unless they can find out exactly when it happened, or until they find Haleigh. [eta - but they're gonna have a boatload of people charged with obstruction and accessory, I'm willing to bet.]

I was the first one to dismiss any correlation w/Caylee case, but it does serve as a good comparative tool. KC got sunk when her mother said too much. Perhaps Ron's family [or Crystal's or Misty's] is not saying anything to LE about the last time they saw Haleigh. Or maybe they are telling LE something that is not able to be substantiated.

jmo - these peeps don't seem like the ordinary family of a victim - if there is such a thing.

And IMHO I believe whatever happened occurred not too long after Haleigh got off that school bus and when Misty took off to an unknown destination..
I will believe GGMS saw Haleigh alive and well and eating dinner on the front porch ONLY when she takes a LVA test and the results of that test prove she is telling the truth...JMO

According to investigators everyone interviewed was offered a lie detector test but they wouldn't elaborate on who had accepted the offer.

Article: http://www.gainesville.com/article/...igators_treat_Haleigh_s_case_as_an_abduction\

snip~In interviews with family and others who know Haleigh, officers confirmed that all had been offered the chance to take a lie detector test. He didn’t elaborate on who had accepted the offer.

We know that Annette Sykes was interviewed early on in the investigation, as well as others. Law Enforcement has never said that anyone they interviewed was inconsistent except Misty . In my opinion if we were dealing with an accidental death and a cover up by family members we would be hearing that the whole family gave an inaccurate account of the events.

According to investigators everyone interviewed was offered a lie detector test but they wouldn't elaborate on who had accepted the offer.
Article: http://www.gainesville.com/article/...igators_treat_Haleigh_s_case_as_an_abduction\

snip~In interviews with family and others who know Haleigh, officers confirmed that all had been offered the chance to take a lie detector test. He didn’t elaborate on who had accepted the offer.

We know that Annette Sykes was interviewed early on in the investigation, as well as others. Law Enforcement has never said that anyone they interviewed was inconsistent except Misty . In my opinion if we were dealing with an accidental death and a cover up by family members we would be hearing that the whole family gave an inaccurate account of the events.

Well, when they elaborate on just who agreed to take the test and who declined I may re-think my stance...
Also, IF TN and GGMS refused to take one or were not offered one and didn't volunteer to take one, LE has no way of knowing if their statements are inaccurate or not.. right? JMO

Well, when they elaborate on just who agreed to take the test and who declined I may re-think my stance...
Also, IF TN and GGMS refused to take one or were not offered one and didn't volunteer to take one, LE has no way of knowing if their statements are inaccurate or not.. right? JMO

I might venture out and say that I don't think you will be required to re-think your stance anytime soon, I can't imagine Law Enforcement will be releasing a list of who did or did not take a LDT in this case. I think there are better odds that members of the Cummings and Sheffield families were offered the test as opposed to the Croslin family early on.

I have serious doubts that everyone was examined as closely as they should have been. Had Hank jr been questioned and hooked up to the LDT back in February/March perhaps we would have proof of Misty's whereabouts or lack of whereabouts that night. I am hesitant to believe that Hank JR missed the investigator's plea's for anyone having information on Misty's whereabouts to come forward. That information should have been given months and months ago, and I seriously doubt he has submitted to a polygraph...jmo

At the beginning of this case, it was said that all family members were asked to take a poly. The ones we know who did are Crystal, Marie, Misty and rc said he did and passes with "flying colors", according to him.

I would like to know if Greenwood has been called out on that video and asked to explain the visit at 7:00pm by TN. If he were incorrect, and explanation or correction should be given. Why hasn't the Gainsville Times followed up on this.

We have learned that if is pretty solid this is not a Stranger Abduction. We are left to believe that Misty is responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh.

Since most people know misty is responsible and rc married her anyway, where does that put him?

I also think Hank jr. told them in the beginning that misty was not home when he was there and that has led LE to know almost from day 1 she was not telling the truth.

Greenwood also tells us they are going on what was told them about a GM seeing Haliegh at 7:00pm. They either buy or they don't. We do not know. It is interesting and note-worthy that they want to know what happened Sunday night.

I might venture out and say that I don't think you will be required to re-think your stance anytime soon, I can't imagine Law Enforcement will be releasing a list of who did or did not take a LDT in this case. I think there are better odds that members of the Cummings and Sheffield families were offered the test as opposed to the Croslin family early on.

I have serious doubts that everyone was examined as closely as they should have been. Had Hank jr been questioned and hooked up to the LDT back in February/March perhaps we would have proof of Misty's whereabouts or lack of whereabouts that night. I am hesitant to believe that Hank JR missed the investigator's plea's for anyone having information on Misty's whereabouts to come forward. That information should have been given months and months ago, and I seriously doubt he has submitted to a polygraph...jmo

Thats LE's fault if everyone wasn't examined as closely as they should have been and ITA that everyone in anyway associated with Haleigh should have agreed to take a poly. Thus far the only people that I know for certain who have are Ron, Misty, Crystal and Chad G. I do know that Marie G volunteered to take a voice analysis..
I feel certain IF TN and GGMS had volunteered to take one, we would have heard about it...
O/T I just listened to that BH by the name of DOG discussing the Susan Powell case.. For certain he isn't eye candy but I agree with him that it's time for LE everywhere to cut to the chase with these people who aren't willing to HELP and do nothing but hinder LE and give them Sodium Pentothal...JMO

Gads, if we can't get them to take a poly, can u just see the defense attorneys with Sodium Pentothal? I would like it if our system allowed it but it will neve happen. Our attorneys have made a mockery out of the system, and I, for one am very tired of it. Having met many perps up close and personal myself, I am highly outraged that our judicial system has been hijacked by a bunch of defense attorneys and the ACLU!

Have any of y'all read this article by Dana Treen from the Fla Times-Union? Answers a few questions, imo.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-11-12/story/in_somer_thompson_case_rumors_become_a_big_problem

“You spend a lot of time and energy chasing leads when you have completely eliminated them,” Beseler said. [LFla note: Beseler is Clay County Sheriff]

Rumors, often magnified by bloggers who become attracted to crime cases, usually steal valuable time that could be spent in the field, said Bruce Herring, director of the Institute of Police Technology and Management, which contracts with the University of North Florida and provides law enforcement agencies with instruction.

“Most of it is negative,” he said of the impact.

Even Johnny Greenwood is referenced and quoted in the above-referenced article:

In another case that has gripped Northeast Florida, investigators decided to ignore rumors they knew were untrue, but found it important to quickly quash the fast-growing ones.

The Putnam County disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings in February generated wild speculation, including a claim that her body had been found. Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said that allowing that to go unaddressed would have been irresponsible.

“We had to respond,” Greenwood said in an e-mail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back