Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 10m10 minutes ago
"So this is the cutting of the right arm with a knife," Leclair points out. Was it #Magnotta who stopped camera and started again? he asks

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 10m10 minutes ago
Well, I wasn't there, Sarganis replies. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 9m9 minutes ago
We see a photo now of corpse with one severed arm. "That makes sense," Leclair says, "because we saw the arm being cut." #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 8m8 minutes ago
Next photo taken a few seconds after the last. "I think it just looks like another angle," Leclair says, almost to himself #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 8m8 minutes ago
Back to video of masturbation with severed arm. Hear #Magnotta sniffing. See him pull down his pants. Camera angle from above

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 7m7 minutes ago
Hard to guess #Magnotta lawyer's goal as shows photos, plays videos, pauses tape for questions. Photos were taken in between video clips.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 7m7 minutes ago
An hour and 11 minutes later, there's a video of trunk, with just one leg still partially attached. #Magnotta

Now we see a still of same sight, taken just a few minutes after the video. We see knife leaning against left thigh #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
Going through the gruesome photos again in cross-exam, defence is setting out a timeline of #JunLin's dismemberment and beheading. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
Still of head, foot, leg and arm in the bathtub with a black towel (that, you will recall, was found in the garbage) #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
While #Magnotta was collecting footage for his snuff film, he switched between taking stills and videos, as evidenced by timestamps.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
All were taken on May 25, 2012 though. #magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Sitting on a chair in the prisoner's box, #Magnotta is leaned very far over. His body is almost completely folded over his legs.

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 55s56 seconds ago  Montréal, Québec
Luc Leclair is calmly and dispassionately cross-examining Panagiotis Sarganis about horrific & disgusting photos & videos taken by #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 33s34 seconds ago
About five minutes after video of sexual act with torso, a still photo is taken of torso from the foot of the bed #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Leclair comes to conclusion that videos and pics were shot in order. #Magnotta

And the point of all this is? :waiting:

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 52s52 seconds ago
Leclair concludes the vids & pics were in sequence. Then see vid of #Magnotta violating torso w/ wine bottle & see the gold ring on his hand

Aha...the mysterious disappearing ring. On one minute, off the next. :waitasec:

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 7m7 minutes ago
Leclair: So the video and pictures were made in a 3 hour window? Sarganis: Looks like that, yes. #Magnotta

That's the end of this witness. Afternoon break #Magnotta

I don't think anybody else was there. Magnotta is the 'king' of the selfie. He had the camera set to go off after a certain amount of seconds.
Perhaps this guy wasn't drugged enough and that spooked Magnotta. Perhaps his cell phone kept going off and Magnotta realised that he would be missed far too soon and he wouldn't have enough time to do everything he wanted to do before leaving. It could have been a 'test run', testing the medication, the noise levels, etc, and adjusting this accordingly. I also entertained the possibility that Magnotta was somehow fond of this fellow, but I dismissed that because the only person Magnotta is fond of is Magnotta.

So many questions...

I considered that he might have grown fond of the young man too. And then I considered that this might be a VERY young man (who is perhaps being protected by friends and family by keeping him anonymous?). Perhaps he did have some guilt over killing someone young? Which would show that he does feel emotion. I noticed that his next victim was older than him.

Maybe he realized that this victim would be missed quickly? Although he did have him in the apt overnight and it doesn't appear there were any alarm bells for anyone. But maybe he did have a cell that was going off a lot. Or he just chickened out the first time. And since he knew he had "promised" this film to his perceived followers, he was determined to do it again.

I hate to think that he may have looked at the face of this young man and thought that he might be recognized in the film quickly. And that he decided that the ridiculous notion that most Asians look alike is true and decided to choose an Asian man the next time.

It's so exhausting trying to get into this guy's head. :(

MOO

Emile Lacroix...who are you? Mr X? Mystery other man's hand in the videos?

It's like a really bad mystery novel Leclair is spinning. Let's just get to the facts shall we?

:floorlaugh:

Leclair comes to conclusion that videos and pics were shot in order. #Magnotta

FFS ~ Is he for real ??

Back in #Magnotta. Next witness is Frank Massa, with Montreal Police tech crime unit

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 55s56 seconds ago
Frank Massa is the next witness. Currently works for SPVM in technological crimes unit. Been a police officer for past 24 years. #Magnotta

Massa's job in this case was to analyze 2 computers #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 37s38 seconds ago
He is now being sworn in to be deemed an expert witness. He's been an expert witness around 16-17 times already. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 31s31 seconds ago
No further questions from council about his expertise. He may now testify as an expert witness in forensic computer analyst. #Magnotta

Okay why is Leclair consistently suggesting the presence of another person?

No ring on the hand indicates to me that he knew enough to remove it so as not to be identified?

Emile Lacroix...who are you? Mr X? Mystery other man's hand in the videos?

It's like a really bad mystery novel Leclair is spinning. Let's just get to the facts shall we?

MOO

I wonder if Leclair actually knows who the mystery man is??I bet LM told him.

Wow...that was fast. No long and drawn out cross by Leclair on this guy's credentials? He must be reading his own press. ;)

‏@amyminsky

Last time computer was "properly shut down" 19 February 2012. #Magnotta

@amyminsky

Using the Chrome browser installed on the computer, investigators found four separate email addresses. #magnotta

@amyminsky

Two are under #Magnotta's name, one is Joe Clark, third is a woman's name. #Magnotta

@amyminsky

Massa says two softwares of note installed on #Magnotta's computer: Track Eraser Pro and CyberGhostVPN.

‏@amyminsky

CyberGhostVPN tries to mask your IP address, TrackEraserPro deletes computer activity. #Magnotta

GlobalNews

**Please read from Bottom Up**

amy minsky
@amyminsky

.@malloryknox13 The court didn't draw a distinct line between the two. Timing matches up though.
Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
@amyminsky

Two are under #Magnotta 's name, one is Joe Clark, third is a woman's name. #Magnotta
Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
@amyminsky

Using the Chrome browser installed on the computer, investigators found four separate email addresses. #magnotta
Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
@amyminsky

After that, Massa says they note the last activity noted activity on the computer was in February 25, 2012.
Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
@amyminsky

Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
@amyminsky

Investigation begins with basics: determining OS (Windows XP), registered under name (Dell), installed in (June, 29 2005). #Magnotta
Oct. 23, 2014

http://globalnews.ca/news/1592694/live-coverage-luka-magnotta-trial/

amy minsky
@amyminsky

Massa says he works on forensic copies of computers. He began his search for where #Magnotta might be using keywords from police.
Oct. 23, 2014

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 2m2 minutes ago
Massa analyzed two computers involved in this case. One of which was found in the garbage outside of the #Magnotta apt. on Decarie.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 9m9 minutes ago
Massa says he works on forensic copies of computers. He began his search for where #Magnotta might be using keywords from police.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 7m7 minutes ago
Investigation begins with basics: determining OS (Windows XP), registered under name (Dell), installed in (June, 29 2005). #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 7m7 minutes ago

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 6m6 minutes ago
Feb 25, 2012 was last date of activity on computer. No more activity after that. Meaning no new files created. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 6m6 minutes ago

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
Two are under #Magnotta's name, one is Joe Clark, third is a woman's name. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Massa says two softwares of note installed on #Magnotta's computer: Track Eraser Pro and CyberGhostVPN.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 48s49 seconds ago
CyberGhostVPN tries to mask your IP address, TrackEraserPro deletes computer activity. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Massa: Investigators asked us to extract internet history. We extract it, but we don't analyze it. That's for the investigators. #Magnotta

Joe Clark....Canadian PM 1979/80

And there's that VPN that someone predicted. :notgood:

I'm wondering if the young man has been in touch with LRM recently? Yes, even after the murder! Birds of a feather............

About the ring - I tend to remove my wedding bands when I KNOW that I'll be working with yucky things - cooking oils, gardening stuff, etc. Did LRM remove the ring like I do.........with yucky substances? :thinking:

Sorry, I'm out of it ....... VPN????????????????????

Virtual Private Network...to mask your IP on the internet.

That's how he was able to get away with so much on the internet for so long. No one could trace his IP. I believe the account on Heaven666 was traced to Australia? We know he wasn't there.

MOO

I'm wondering if the young man has been in touch with LRM recently? Yes, even after the murder! Birds of a feather............

About the ring - I tend to remove my wedding bands when I KNOW that I'll be working with yucky things - cooking oils, gardening stuff, etc. Did LRM remove the ring like I do.........with yucky substances? :thinking:

I'm actually wondering if with all this ring on, ring off stuff, they are going to try that LM has split personalities. Manny did it.

Sorry, I'm out of it ....... VPN????????????????????

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service that one can use to hide their IP address (or get past 'geoblocked' content). Similar to a proxy, but more sophisticated, reliable, and easier to use when you want to be a turd and pretend to be numerous people at once (ahem...). One click and your ip is changed.

VPN ~ A virtual private network extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer or Wi-Fi-enabled device to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

Oh BorgQueen you beat me to it again :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads