Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from the tweets above:

amy minsky @amyminsky · 1h 1 hour ago
Allard: I did ask about the tools used in killing. #Magnotta said he just had them. Mini circular saw was in apt when he moved in, he said.

Does this silly woman even believe what she's saying? :censored:

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 2h 2 hours ago
Crown: Did you ask how exactly Lin was killed, if victim cried out, what hammer was for? Allard says (often) she didn't get answer
#Magnotta

Allard says it's impossible to find logic in each movement because his logic is not based on reality, #Magnotta was in a psychotic state.

Crown:Why did #Magnotta buy paint day after killing, put it on suitcase? To make it look old so no one would take it? Allard: I didn't ask.

Allard says schizophrenia does not equal lying. Many others also lie, for various reasons. #Magnotta

Allard asked about saw, she says #Magnotta told her it was already in apartment and he doesn't know why he had it in hand at beg. of video.

But the saw is not mentioned in your report, the Crown says. Yes, Allard says, but I'm telling the court about it now. #Magnotta break.

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 1h 1 hour ago
#Magnotta lied to a psychiatrist in April 2012 to avoid hospitalization, so why wouldn't he lie to avoid going to prison, asks the Crown.

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 52m 52 minutes ago
After an objection from defence, #Magnotta goes on early lunch break. Back this afternoon.

Quoted from tweets above:

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 1h 1 hour ago
#Magnotta lied to a psychiatrist in April 2012 to avoid hospitalization, so why wouldn't he lie to avoid going to prison, asks the Crown.

BINGO................

He would have put paint on the case so no one would consider taking it, I would have thought. He would have wanted to make sure it went off with the garbage and not seem too useful for anyone to think about taking a closer look.

But I don't know why he wouldn't just admit to that, since it wouldn't make his story make any less sense.

Quoted from the tweets above:

amy minsky @amyminsky · 1h 1 hour ago
Allard: I did ask about the tools used in killing. #Magnotta said he just had them. Mini circular saw was in apt when he moved in, he said.

Does this silly woman even believe what she's saying? :censored:

Hopefully LM was also questioned about the boxes, which he still had the receipt for so can't blame on any previous occupants.

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar 12m12 minutes ago
#Magnotta's defence psychiatrist Dr. Marie-Frederique Allard manages a smile soon after Crown prosecutor's grilling.

B2Q4VtjIAAEwPzW.jpg

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar 19m19 minutes ago
* @Global_Montreal reporter @DomenicFazioli asks #Magnotta trial #CrownProsecutor Louis Bouthillier some questions.

B2Q3AiYIIAAv5AC.jpg

Domenic Fazioli ‏@DomenicFazioli 4m4 minutes ago
In 15 years, Dr Allard has done betw 850 and 900 psychiatric evaluations. Met #Magnotta 7 times, 23 hrs total

Wait..........What ???
:shocked2:

*Thanks for the Tweets !*

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 10m 10 minutes ago
Bit of a delay in #Magnotta - legal wrangling. Back at about 3

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1h 1 hour ago
When someone in psychosis it's impossible to find logic in their behaviour. It's not based in reality, Allard says #Magnotta

#Magnotta bought suitcase May 25, after killing Lin Jun. Didn't ask where he bought it. He put torso in it.

#Magnotta bought paint at Omer Deserres and put it on suitcase, but Allard didn't ask why. Why did he slash it? Didn't remember

Seems perfectly logical to me.
In his psychosis he went out & bought a torso sized suitcase in which to hide JL's body. He then specifically went & bought paint to splatter on, slashed it, as a reason for it to not look suspicious in the trash ??
Yeah Right :rolleyes:

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 20m 20 minutes ago
#Magnotta trial finally resumes after a long legal discussion. Judge starts by addressing jury.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 19m 19 minutes ago
Cournoyer says the Crown suggested #Mangotta had a reason to lie - to avoid prison. Cournoyer reminds jury of the presumption of innocence.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 6m 6 minutes ago
Lin Jun wasn't a client of #Magnotta, Allard said. It was first time they met and it was via Craigslist. Same with Colombian week before

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 5m 5 minutes ago
Manny wanted a threesome but the Colombian refused so #Magnotta just had sex and it was filmed

suemontgomery
‏@MontgomerySue
#Magnotta asked Colombian if he was ok (see that in video). Often happened that client was drunk and M wanted to make sure he was ok

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3m 3 minutes ago
#Magnotta had the electric saw in his hand when Colombian in his bed. "couldn't explain why he did this," Allard said

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 13m 13 minutes ago
#Magnotta judge reminds jury of presumption of innocence, says jury should not think of Crown's suggestion of a motive to lie.

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 12m 12 minutes ago
Allard says Jun Lin was not used to Temazepam like #Magnotta so it could have had more of an effect on the victim.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 16m 16 minutes ago
With that, Bouthillier continues his cross-examination, asking about the prescription drug Temazepam - is it taken in sexual contexts?

amy minsky @amyminsky · 16m 16 minutes ago
Allard says because it relaxes muscles, some people might want to take it before sex in order to feel more relaxed. #Mangotta

amy minsky @amyminsky · 10m 10 minutes ago
Was Lin one of #Magnotta's clients?
Allard: Not to my knowledge.
Did you ask him?
A: yes, he said they met for the first time that night.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 6m 6 minutes ago
Allard: Magnotta told me he'd sometimes find his clients in rough shape from drugs/alcohol. He made sure they were OK, like with Colombian.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 4m 4 minutes ago
The Colombian and #Magnotta filmed their encounter the week before LM killed Jun Lin. The video has been likened to a dry run.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 3m 3 minutes ago
In footage depicting the Colombian lying prone, bound to the bed, #Magnotta at holds the circular saw. Allard says he doesn't know why.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3m 3 minutes ago
#Magnotta had the electric saw in his hand when Colombian in his bed. "couldn't explain why he did this," Allard said

:facepalm: Oh Luka, this is just embarrassing.

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 1m 1 minute ago
Crown: Is your role to challenge or simply to receive information? Allard: No, I challenged #Magnotta, repeated questions.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago
For someone who wanted to hide, there were a lot of things, Allard said. In the garbage, crown says. He didn't take it far though, she says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 21s 22 seconds ago
Now reviewing video where #Magnotta dumps things in garbage in apt building basement.

Was there any explanation for the shower curtain on the bed? Crown asks. No, Allard replied. #Magnotta

Allard just asked general questions re hours following Lin's death. #Magnotta said he wanted to go to Europe.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 13s 13 seconds ago
Sure he looks calm, Allard said, but hard to know what was going through his head. #Magnotta

ME: Man, I look great in this wig. Does my bum look big in this?

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 27s 28 seconds ago
Could be he didn't want to leave trace because didn't want police to find him or maybe the government, Allard said #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 8s 8 seconds ago
#Magnotta didn't leave the country the 25th, waited till 26th since "spy" Lin was dead, danger was lower. But govt cld still be after him

amy minsky @amyminsky · 3m 3 minutes ago
Allard: didn't get an answer for why #Magnotta had a shower curtain on the mattress. He said he bought new sheets cause others were dirty.

:facepalm:

amy minsky @amyminsky · 2m 2 minutes ago
Allard offers her hypothesis again: #Magnotta seemed OK after killing Lin because the "imminent threat" was gone.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3s 4 seconds ago
#Magnotta also had things to do the 25th, like sending packages, Allard said

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 23s 24 seconds ago
Allard: #Magnotta throwing things out could look like he's trying to hide from government agents in hallucination. Crown: But you didn't ask

Why did #Magnotta wear Lin's cap and shirt after killing him if he thought he was government agent, crown asked. Didn't ask him, Allard says

amy minsky @amyminsky · 6m 6 minutes ago
Bouthillier: Did #Magnotta take Jun Lin's baseball cap as a trophy?
Allard: I don't have an answer.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 5m 5 minutes ago
B: Did you know he kept the cap with him in Europe, where he had hardly anything?
A: He could have kept it as proof of what happened w/ gov

amy minsky @amyminsky · 5m 5 minutes ago
Bouthillier: But you don't know, because you didn't ask him.
Allard: No, I didn't ask him.
:banghead:

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 32s 33 seconds ago
#Magnotta told Allard Lin took Temazepam and alcohol.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 37s 37 seconds ago
Allard asked about dismemberment but #magnotta said he didn't remember much, could be he found it hard to talk about

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 25s 25 seconds ago
#Magnotta filmed for three hours, not minutes, Crown says, and he didn't remember that? When he cut off head? Cut buttocks?

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3s 4 seconds ago
#Magnotta also had things to do the 25th, like sending packages, Allard said

Oh well then....he had things to do! That explains it all. :censored:

amy minsky @amyminsky · 2m 2 minutes ago
Allard offers her hypothesis again: #Magnotta seemed OK after killing Lin because the "imminent threat" was gone.

But what about the black car outside that triggered the "psychotic episode" in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13