Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Crown had shown that Manny didn't exist, it wouldn't have helped them. Allard would have just said "Psychosis!"

Exactly. It's better to leave that "Manny card" hanging. If there is a Manuel Lopez, former client of a prostitute, he's obviously not going to come forward and give his two cents about what LM has accused him of. Leaving the jury thinking that LM used this fictitious character from the Basic Instinct film is better than having them wonder if some ex client really did set off a psychosis in him every time he heard voices in his head.

And if the defense really believed that, they would have found this person to testify. Or at least some proof of his existence.

MOO

Rayemonde, I wondered about that, I remember seeing a post of his on a psych forum where he was asking about BPD and I wondered if he went there with the intention of convincing them that is what was wrong with him. I know someone who had read so much about mental health disorders that when he went to see the psychiatrist ( I was there) she kind of smirked and said, " you've been reading up on this", he gave the symptoms he was having just like they read in a textbook.

BTW, does anyone have a theory about why LM went to the psychiatrist before killing JL? The time he was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. They recommended that he increase his antidepressant to help with his compulsive hair-pulling but didn't prescribe anything.

My theory is that he went around the same time as he wrote the letter to CRA about his tax credits. He was working towards receiving benefits in Quebec and needed a psychiatrist for this. So he went to get one. But wanted a fresh start so he didn't mention the paranoid schizophrenia and called it BPD instead.

MOO

Because this information has not been either tweeted or reported on, we were thinking that the reporter mistook what you asked and considered the "trailer" to be the edited film? So they saw all unedited film and the final "edited" version. But we need clarification if they saw the 2 minute youtube video of just the picture of him in the purple hoodie, with the silver painted screwdriver/ice pick in front of the Casablanca poster. The one that was uploaded on May 15th I believe and was called 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick. 10 days before the actual murder took place.

Do you think that reporter would be able to verify again? Or is this exactly what you asked? And was the date of that youtube trailer pointed out to them?

TIA

I failed to give the DATE. :blushing: Here I go.......going to contact TWO journalists to be certain.:blushing:

Be back later with response(s). :)

I thought that too, Maxfactor.

But BPD is a lot less likely to make you entitled to benefits, prescription drugs or to be found NCR than a schizophrenia diagnosis. Besides, it can't have been to get benefits because he told them he worked full time as a landscaper. And he told them he used illegal drugs.

I thought that too, Maxfactor.

But BPD is a lot less likely to make you entitled to benefits, prescription drugs or to be found NCR than a schizophrenia diagnosis. Besides, it can't have been to get benefits because he told them he worked full time as a landscaper. And he told them he used illegal drugs.

Likely he really only needed that prescription for Tamazepam, he needed it to knock out his victim.

Likely he really only needed that prescription for Tamazepam, he needed it to knock out his victim.

He didn't get a prescription for temazepam, though. Did he ask for one? Or was that a different drs visit? I can't remember.

Does anyone remember the temazepam prescription in the trash, where did that come from? :thinking:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
Break over. Judge is back. Getting the jury. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is here. And we resume with psychiatrist Dr. Joel Watts. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Witness asked to see if available to fo forensic assessment of #Magnotta, if crim responsible.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
Watts hired by defence to assess #Magnotta criminal responsibility, same as previous witness, Dr. Allard. Watts 1st met him on Sept 14, 2012

Witness met with #Magnotta. 1st mtg: Sept 14, 2012. 1 hour 20 min.
Oct 10, 2 hrs. Nov 12. 1h45 Dec. 3 , 4 hrs. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 52s53 seconds ago
Dec. 12, 3 hrs, Dec. 27, 4h45, Jan 11, 2 hrs, Jan 15, 3 hrs, Jan 29, 4h30, Feb 6 2hrs, Feb 20 1 hr. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 45s45 seconds ago
March 1 3 hrs, May 29 3 hrs, Sept 12 1hr10 min, Oct 22 2hr15. Total: 42 hours meeting with #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 56s56 seconds ago
Witness compiled report on #Magnotta, being handed out to jury.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 1m1 minute ago
Watts met with #Magnotta numerous times from Sept 2012 - Sept 2013, and 1 last time in Oct of this year. Total time: 40 hours,45 min.

I wonder if the defence is going to abort the spy story since nobody bought it, and is going back to the "Manny Defence" :lol: The Manny Defence has a much better chance IMO - why did you make a trailer BEFORE the murder? Manny made me do it. Why did you paint the suitcase? Manny told me to. Why did you drown your puppy? Manny made me.

He didn't get a prescription for temazepam, though. Did he ask for one? Or was that a different drs visit? I can't remember.

Does anyone remember the temazepam prescription in the trash, where did that come from? :thinking:

I think he first presented at the clinic looking for Temazepam and they referred him?

Finally we're getting to his report.

:happydance:

Witness contacted #Magnotta grandma Sept 4, 2013.

Dr. Allan Tan, family doc July 3, 2013, 15 min interview. #Magnotta

Dr. Robert Weinstein, last treating psych, Feb 27, 2013, 10 min. #Magnotta

#Magnotta mom Feb 20, 35 min. Feb 18, sister, 1h10min. Aug 29, again 10 min.

Contacted Romeo Salta, lawyer and then with former classmate. #Magnotta

Interviewed #Magnotta dad, Jan 4, 2013, in Montreal in person, 1hr 20 min.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 35s35 seconds ago
Witness had access to police reports on various witnesses, such as Berlin and Montreal police officers and Europe witnesses. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
So this is all the crown disclosure provided to you as well as medical reports? Yes, much of it crown disclosure. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
Unlike Dr. Allard, Watts was able to reach #Magnotta 's mother, and sister and speak to them by phone. He also spoke with his grandmother.

WOAH! He spoke to mom, granny and sister! And former classmate! This should be very interesting!

What must the jury think of Dr. Allard now? :thinking:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Surveillance video at Paris bus station, Hotel Novotel among the evidence witness received. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Able to make diagnosis?Yes.At time of charges against #Magnotta diagnosed w/ acute episode of psychosis &schizophrenia.

Witness says #Magnotta was able to appreciate physically what he was doing and consequences.

#Magnotta know wrongfulness of acts?

Witness says #Magnotta evaluated on each individual charge.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 59s59 seconds ago
Watts' diagnosis: At the time of crime, May 24-26, #Magnotta was suffering from an acute psychotic episode, a break of his schizophrenia.

Witness says #Magnotta did not know it was wrong because of his psychosis.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 55s55 seconds ago
Witness also considered if #Magnotta had other motives related to other diagnoses.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 36s36 seconds ago
Easy to come to this opinion? #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 56s57 seconds ago
Watts: #Magnotta was able to appreciate what he was doing, but because of his psychosis, he wasn't able to know it was wrong at the time.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 50s50 seconds ago
Witness says was not easy, extremely difficult assessment for many diff reasons, took great deal of time. #Magnotta

So he came to same conclusion. Also hired by defense. :thinking:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 55s55 seconds ago
Witness also considered if #Magnotta had other motives related to other diagnoses.

ie attention seeking related to his personality disorders?

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 50s50 seconds ago
Witness says was not easy, extremely difficult assessment for many diff reasons, took great deal of time. #Magnotta

Because of LM's compulsive lying?

Report started in Sept 2012, fin Feb 2014. Quite arduous difficult process, most difficult he's done yet. #Magnotta

How involved in case? #Magnotta

Back in June 2012, contacted by head of psychiatry dept at Pinel Institute, Dr. Renee Fougere. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 42s43 seconds ago
Watts: #Magnotta assessment extremely difficult, arduous, probably most difficult case he's ever done. Dr. Allard said the same thing.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
Witness says he was told that police looking for psych to accompany #Magnotta from Berlin to Mtl after his arrest. Required by German govnt.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 55s56 seconds ago
Witness asked to do it. His other colleague who was there was not interested. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 43s43 seconds ago
Witness says never spoke with Berlin psych who treated #Magnotta after his arrest.

Witness says mandate was to accompany #Magnotta.

Mandate not explained, witness says. #Magnotta

Witness not sure about it, first time this has ever happened in Canada. #Magnotta

Witness thought role was to observe #Magnotta,provide with meds, do risk assessment when arrive in Canada.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 37s37 seconds ago
Witness first met #Magnotta on June 18 at Berlin prison hospital.

Berlin psych present, meeting lasted about 20-25 min. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 24s25 seconds ago
Showing witness's handwritten notes on #Magnotta meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow