Lunar eclipse to occur Wednesday night

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm watching it while at work at a radio station, and I'm actually getting calls asking "what's going on with the moon?" LOL! The fun part is making up some story to freak them out. :crazy: The last caller I said Russia was nuking it, hehe.

LOL! You are a brat but this is my first big laugh of the day.

SW FL reporting WOW Now!!! 9:44PM - Thanks so much for the reminder!

It is gone again and totally dark so maybe what I saw the first time was clouds. Or maybe I am seeing clouds this time. In any case there is no moon. LOL!

Which is wild considering just how full it just was!

How come this is such a big deal? I've never really cared to see it....am i weird??

My mom called me to remind me.....then my dad called to remind me (one was upstairs and one downstairs! :eek:) THEN my brother called to tell me to look outside....i was so annoyed...

How come this is such a big deal? I've never really cared to see it....am i weird??

My mom called me to remind me.....then my dad called to remind me (one was upstairs and one downstairs! :eek:) THEN my brother called to tell me to look outside....i was so annoyed...

Yep you're weird chic! No j/k...
I absolutely LOVE stuff like this but I guess it is a matter of opinion...Anything to do with space, moons, etc...THRILLS me, wish SO much I coulda seen that meteor that struck in Canada/Washington...shoot, I am in the deep south...wish for once I could see the Northern Lights etc...
I am absolutely FASCINATED by anything space-wise...when meteor showers are called for I am ALL BUT outside ALL night!

LOL you know why some consider it a big deal KC?
Because we so seldom see them.

From this link:
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080220/UPDATES/80220054/1001/NEWS
This will be the last eclipse of the moon until 2010, he said.

I'm so bummed I can't see it tonight, we are in about the seventh hour or so of straight rain.

If you've never seen a lunar eclipse, you've missed an awesome sight. The most amazing thing to me was being able to see the curvature of the moon. The moon's face went from being a familiar flat facade, to really seeing it as it is--a true celestial orb revolving around the earth.

There is something so amazing about suddenly seeing the miracle of our universe revealed in a second--the incredible, breath-taking awe of the wonder of it that lies just below the everyday surface--Makes me so thankful to be alive even in a world full of imperfections.

I always think of how ancient man must have gazed in wonder and awe and fear at the lunar eclipse, too. Imagine a tribe or village, gazing at the sky in amazement.

I'm so bummed I can't see it tonight, we are in about the seventh hour or so of straight rain.

If you've never seen a lunar eclipse, you've missed an awesome sight. The most amazing thing to me was being able to see the curvature of the moon. The moon's face went from being a familiar flat facade, to really seeing it as it is--a true celestial orb revolving around the earth.

There is something so amazing about suddenly seeing the miracle of our universe revealed in a second--the incredible, breath-taking awe of the wonder of it that lies just below the everyday surface--Makes me so thankful to be alive even in a world full of imperfections.

I always think of how ancient man must have gazed in wonder and awe and fear at the lunar eclipse, too. Imagine a tribe or village, gazing at the sky in amazement.

It is amazing. It's so clear here tonight, too.

I just went out and looked (SE Michigan - 10:48 p.m.) and the moon looks full and is a really pretty light reddish color. There are a few bare tree branches in the way and it's too cold to go out further without bundling up, but it was neat to see. :D

It's so cold here but so clear. I kept opening the door and poking my head and then getting back in. I saw the whole thing tho. I love any kind of eclipse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back