MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt Shay would allow any test: if that kid isn't his, the gravy train will run right off the tracks forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUT I wonder if the NFL could request a paternity test if there was any reason to doubt? I am not sure of how Survivors Benefits actually work as if in a sort of insurance policy? Plus there is also AH Social Security I would imagine. Tailk about a gravy train.

That's a very sad saying with awful and racist implications.

I,m sorry but I do not find it a racist remark at all. I have heard that saying before and it was not aimed at any race in particular but aimed at the nature of the beast.

I,m sorry but I do not find it a racist remark at all. I have heard that saying before and it was not aimed at any race in particular but aimed at the nature of the beast.

It's just yet another version of 'you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl (which is the first version I ever heard, many years ago).

You are absolutely right, the Illuminati Symbol isn't racist at all but people ignorant of the meaning seem to always point out that anything they do not understand is thereby racist.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

You are absolutely right, the Illuminati Symbol isn't racist at all but people ignorant of the meaning seem to always point out that anything they do not understand is thereby racist.

Think I may have replied to the wrong post there. But to respond to the comment "you can take the boy out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the boy"? Is in my opinion just a conclusion based upon accurate opinions based upon observation and the "fact" that sometimes the result proves the fact.

I am just sick to death of the word
"racist" already. Up until now the word has not been mentioned on this thread so please lets not go there.
I believe Aleph was referring to what DeDee quoted, not the symbol.

I am just sick to death of the word
"racist" already. Up until now the word has not been mentioned on this thread so please lets not go there.
I believe Aleph was referring to what DeDee quoted, not the symbol.

Respectfully, I am sick of racism itself. Until that goes away, we're stuck with any number of words and I posit that "racist" is, among them, the least offensive.

I think the saying "you can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy" has a number of racist implications, almost certainly not intended by the original poster but nonetheless, there they are. First of all, "hood" makes you think of people of color in the inner city. The word "hood" was, in fact, coined by exactly that community to describe their surroundings.

Then the saying itself goes on to suggest that a "boy" from the hood (a "boy," not a man -- and you can look up the racial implications of that word) even if removed from the generational poverty he was born into, is irredeemable. Do you see why that's a troubling thing to say? Aaron Hernandez himself had a long history of violence, but painting everyone from that kind of environment with the same brush is, as Paul Ryan would say, the very textbook definition of racism.

My post began with AHs possible cranial injuries being the cause of his out of control behavior as an adult. I also mentioned that I have not researched his early years nor do I plan to do so. I have no idea if he was raised by his parents, grandparents, in or out of poverty. For me, it appears his troubles began later in life, perhaps, after suffering football related injuries. Hopefully, the study of his brain will reveal this to be the case. I'll bow out of the discussion for it is not my intent nor purpose to appear disrespectful.

Think I may have replied to the wrong post there. But to respond to the comment "you can take the boy out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the boy"? Is in my opinion just a conclusion based upon accurate opinions based upon observation and the "fact" that sometimes the result proves the fact.

If the comment was, "you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink" in reference to AH, it would have the same meaning to me. Jmo

As far as AH, since the cases against him, seeing what i've seen & read what i've read i think the more fitting would have been. Jmo

You can take the ganster out of the gang but you can't take the murdering ways out of the gansters. Jmo

I agree with all the phrases. Jmo

If the comment was, "you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink" in reference to AH, it would have the same meaning to me. Jmo

As far as AH, since the cases against him, seeing what i've seen & read what i've read i think the more fitting would have been. Jmo

You can take the ganster out of the gang but you can't take the murdering ways out of the gansters. Jmo

I agree with all the phrases. Jmo

I much prefer either of the phrases suggested here. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosecutor’s argued in a court filing Monday that while all first-degree murder convictions in Massachusetts are allowed to be automatically appealed, not all defendants participate in that appeal, thus effectively waving their right. This is usually done by inaction on the behalf of the convicted.

By choosing to die – rather than dying from natural causes, accident or murder himself – Hernandez essentially did the same thing – he chose not to participate in the appeal. Thus, he shouldn’t be granted an abatement, the DA argued.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/d...s-murder-conviction-not-abated-174720050.html

Prosecutor’s argued in a court filing Monday that while all first-degree murder convictions in Massachusetts are allowed to be automatically appealed, not all defendants participate in that appeal, thus effectively waving their right. This is usually done by inaction on the behalf of the convicted.

By choosing to die – rather than dying from natural causes, accident or murder himself – Hernandez essentially did the same thing – he chose not to participate in the appeal. Thus, he shouldn’t be granted an abatement, the DA argued.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/d...s-murder-conviction-not-abated-174720050.html

Good one for the state....thanks Rocco. I hope the Judge agrees. I do see this going to,higher courts if the Judge agrees with the States argument.

That's a pretty solid argument IMO.

Good one for the state....thanks Rocco. I hope the Judge agrees. I do see this going to,higher courts if the Judge agrees with the States argument.

Although I think this is solid argument, you are probably correct in assuming that if the CW wins this they will go to a higher court. His estate desperately wants this win as they will try to use it in getting the remainder of that Pats contract, etc. and also are saying they don't think he committed suicide, even though his death cert says it. These attorneys fighting this are 'court appointed' and have to respond to this filing by Thursday.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ristol-says/V89vlG8g4lTiZ8VX2fPzpJ/story.html

“The defendant was serving his punishment at the time he took his own life,” prosecutors wrote. “He now has served the entirety of his sentences. ... By his death, he has completed his lawful sentence for his murder conviction, just as death completes the sentence of every murderer in the Commonwealth.’’
Hernandez’s court-appointed appellate attorneys, John and Linda Thompson, must file an answer to Quinn’s filing by Thursday.

Bristol Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh will hold a hearing on the issue May 9.

"NFL Players Association records show that the Patriots and Hernandez settled a grievance that Hernandez filed in 2014. The settlement gave the Patriots a salary cap credit of $1.184 million, indicating a Patriots win. Additionally, according to Joel Corry — an attorney, salary cap expert, and former NFL agent — grievance settlements almost always tie up all loose ends."....“Typically when there’s a settlement, there’s some sort of catch-all language: ‘This will resolve all claims known or which could be known in the future,’ ” Corry said. “I haven’t seen too many settlements which don’t have some type of form of that kind of language.”

Hernandez lost his grievance, and his contract would likely prevent him from collecting any of the money now, despite the lack of a conviction on his record. According to Paragraph 35 (c) of Hernandez’s contract, which was obtained by the Globe, “Player represents and warrants to the Club that . . . no circumstances exist that would prevent Player’s continuing availability to the Club for the duration of the Contract.” Article 4.9 (a) of the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement also states that “any player who . . . is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration . . . may be required to forfeit signing bonus . . . for each League Year in which a Forfeitable Breach occurs.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ts/q1lDGaTyyElNoSBAHwSgJM/story.html#comments

"NFL Players Association records show that the Patriots and Hernandez settled a grievance that Hernandez filed in 2014. The settlement gave the Patriots a salary cap credit of $1.184 million, indicating a Patriots win. Additionally, according to Joel Corry — an attorney, salary cap expert, and former NFL agent — grievance settlements almost always tie up all loose ends."....“Typically when there’s a settlement, there’s some sort of catch-all language: ‘This will resolve all claims known or which could be known in the future,’ ” Corry said. “I haven’t seen too many settlements which don’t have some type of form of that kind of language.”

Hernandez lost his grievance, and his contract would likely prevent him from collecting any of the money now, despite the lack of a conviction on his record. According to Paragraph 35 (c) of Hernandez’s contract, which was obtained by the Globe, “Player represents and warrants to the Club that . . . no circumstances exist that would prevent Player’s continuing availability to the Club for the duration of the Contract.” Article 4.9 (a) of the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement also states that “any player who . . . is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration . . . may be required to forfeit signing bonus . . . for each League Year in which a Forfeitable Breach occurs.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ts/q1lDGaTyyElNoSBAHwSgJM/story.html#comments

Yes, thank you for posting this article. Good to hear this! Also from that article is that he still will be eligible for a pension (posting this as some are unable to get Globe articles).

However, Hernandez will be able to draw an NFL pension. Article 53.6 of the CBA states that for players who began their careers before 2012, only three credited seasons are necessary to be vested in the league’s retirement plan (now it’s five years). Hernandez played three seasons before his arrest, so he will be eligible for the minimum pension payments. It is unclear whom Hernandez named as his beneficiary in case of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12