Not open for further replies.
Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
7 mins ago
Lee talking cordially w/Kenney Baden #AaronHernandez

2 mins ago
court reporter is in #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
2 mins ago
Anderson is in for the prosecution team; we now have Leontire Kenney Baden & Sullivan for the defense #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
9 mins ago
Daniel de Abreu's widow Auriza first in for victims' families #AaronHernandez

3 min ago
Baez in; no earbuds, no Red Bull. #AaronHernandez

2 min ago
#AaronHernandez in, smiling, kisses Kenney Baden, hugs Baez & Sullivan.

2 mins ago
Haggan is in; gives Baez a nod. #AaronHernandez

1 min ago
#AaronHernandez talking w/Kenney Baden at defense table; looks like they're reviewing paperwork

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
5 mins ago
Lee Haggan Baez & Sullivan chatting #AaronHernandez

3 mins ago
victims' families filling the first two rows this am #AaronHernandez

1 min ago
jury coming down #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Locke to jury: I hope that u all had a good weekend...we will await word from you folks [jury dismissed to continue deliberating]

Sullivan: def motion for mistrial based on CW improper closing argument #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: b4 Nelson testified court said consider tattoos as state of mind evidence CW called it confession multiple times #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: MA law distinction b/t confession/admission based on substance #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: Mr #Hernandez's tattoos indisputably are not confessions

Sullivan: confession would be tat that said "I shot two guys" #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: no case in MA has used tattoos as admission #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: yr honor did not say it was a confession #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: yr honor told jury may consider tat as state of mind evidence #AaronHernandez

Time for the 'daily' mistrial motion...

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Sullivan: we are objecting to Mr Haggan's characterization in closing argument to that as a confession #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: MA law any description of statement as confession [improper] if it's not direct acknowledgement of guilt #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: this error is a constitutional violation #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: use of tat as confession violates #AaronHernandez constitutional rights

Sullivan: there is no contrary authority in MA .... that confession is same as admission #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: move for mistrial or ask court to re instruct jury that tats not confession/admission #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: suggesting court should tell jury they cannot use tats as confession #AaronHernandez

Anderson: Haggan's closing proper 1/9 order allowed tat evidence as "implied admission" #AaronHernandez

Locke: why wasn't objection made in charge conference Sullivan: we objected when it happened #AaronHernandez

Anderson: the rhetoric is proper for lay person #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Anderson: no basis for further instruction Sullivan: case law says dist b/t confession/admission not technical refinement #AaronHernandez

Locke: I'm satisfied that mistrial not warranted gave jury instructions when tat evidence admitted #AaronHernandez
Locke: told jury b4 after closings that attys statements not evidence but "advocacy statements " motion for mistrial denied #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: tat statement "the single most powerful [moment] of Mr Haggan's closing ... and it was improper" #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: 2nd motion for supplemental response to Fri jury question #AaronHernandez

:judge: mistrial :denied:

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Shayanna here #AaronHernandez

Anderson: it's up to the jury to ask for further clarification #AaronHernandez

Locke: Fri instruction directly answered jury's question don't think I should be reading into question...motion denied #AaronHernandez

:denied:

Shayanna & her girlfriends show up late and all sit with their arms crossed.

...and the judge brings up the issue of the foreperson. Good!

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Locke: def on Thurs. objected to selection of foreperson #AaronHernandez

Locke: foreperson one of 2 white women, def contended selecting her assured that at least 1 white woman would remain on jury #Hernandez

Locke: def also claimed selection had troubling racial overtones #AaronHernandez

Locke: accusing court of being racist offensive to judge "and the integrity of the tribunal " #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: we find it offensive that predominantly minority jury "cannot self-govern" #AaronHernandez

Locke: are u suggesting there shouldn't be a foreperson #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: all jurors of color should have had same oppty to stay on this jury #AaronHernandez

Locke: implicit in claim is that white female should have been excluded #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: claim is that each juror of color deserved same oppty to be foreperson & remain on jury #AaronHernandez

Locke: u said "extraordinarily troubling racial overtones" suggests claim "selection ... was improper based on race or gender"

Locke: u are suggesting court should not have chosen 1 of 2 white women b/c of mainly minority makeup of jury #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: it is deeply problematic that given the constitution of this jury ... that this court immunized this particular individual

Locke: i didn't immunize ... i selected a person #AaronHernandez

Locke: i find that astounding that u would make that claim #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: this had very troubling racial overtones... minority jurors "deserved the same chance" that foreperson got #AaronHernandez

Locke: i've always selected a foreperson before selecting alternates #AaronHernandez

Sullivan: it is what it is at this point #AaronHernandez

#AaronHernandez whispers to Shayanna as he's led out ... jury deliberations ongoing.

Sullivan & Baez talking w/Shayanna #AaronHernandez

And so we wait.....

:waiting:

I'm going to run over to another thread - but will keep an eye on Travis' tweets!

running-smiley.gif

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe 1 min ago
all the attys & #AaronHernandez have exited the courtroom-- deliberations ongoing

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Shayanna remains in the courtroom; victims' families have exited #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
ICYMI: sparks flew this am over allegations of racial bias at #AaronHernandez trial

clerks are sharing a chuckle over a video on one of their phones #AaronHernandez

clerks discussing a Papal visit to the Hub years ago #AaronHernandez

I guess not much happening in court....

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Shayanna reenters; jury has now deliberated for roughly 8 hours #AaronHernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics