Found Deceased MA - Achim Bailey, 23, told parents he was going to a bar, Springfield, Hampden County, 11 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well said Vail. I'm also impressed by the effort - billboards, searches, online forums, helicopters and a young journalist who seems to have developed a real interest in the case. Achim looks like such a warm person in those smiling photos and I think this case has called out to a lot of people.

Holy smokes - he went to highschool with Andrew Pearson II (also missing) and they are friends on FB. Coincidence? I wonder if journalist James Villalobos is covering both stories.
Yes he is. If you go to his FB page you will see him mention that several people have contacted him concerning the two friends. I think it is posted on Andrew's page.

Springfield Police address social media rumors surrounding missing person cases

Police departments across the country use social media as a way to connect with people in the area who might have information about a case.

It’s a tool they rely on, but the flip side of social media is that it can spread lies and can quickly cause panic among thousands of people.

Achim Bailey and Andrew Pearson II are both young men from Springfield that have been reported missing recently.

Since then, rumors on social media have been connecting their cases and according to police, that's far from the truth.

"These two cases are absolutely 100 percent not connected," said Ryan Walsh, Spokesperson for the Springfield Police Department.

[...]

""These two cases are absolutely 100 percent not connected," said Ryan Walsh, Spokesperson for the Springfield Police Department."

either there is evidence we are unaware of that proves these cases are not related, or what he means to say is that "there is no evidence at this time to suggest these two cases are related".

if they do not know what has happened to either person how could they possibly be 100% certain the cases are not related?

""These two cases are absolutely 100 percent not connected," said Ryan Walsh, Spokesperson for the Springfield Police Department."

either there is evidence we are unaware of that proves these cases are not related, or what he means to say is that "there is no evidence at this time to suggest these two cases are related".

if they do not know what has happened to either person how could they possibly be 100% certain the cases are not related?
Agreed. It wouldn't be smart to throw out the "100%" if you don't know that.

SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Western Mass News has obtained surveilance video of the night 23-year-old Achim Bailey of Springfield went missing.

Achim Bailey was spotted by cameras leaving Samuel's at the Basketball Hall of Fame at about 1:48 a.m. on January 13 after he was asked to leave by security for allegedly "flirting inappropriately."

At about 1:52 a.m. the night achim went missing, cameras captured him walking north on Hall of Fame Avenue.

Now, we're getting a first look at Achim Bailey that night.

Western Mass News has obtained surveillance video captured by a street camera at Union Street and Hall of Fame Avenue.

Achim can be seen stumbling as he continues to make his way towards the Memorial Bridge.

Management at Samuel's told Western Mass News that Achim showed no signs of being drunk, but his parents told us that it's a video that's hard to watch.

"He was, on the camera you see him, he was really staggering out there. They should've helped him. I don't even try to look at it anymore, it's really heartbreaking. They should've helped him," the Bailey's said.

More & video at link Search continues for missing Springfield man

Last edited:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Western Mass News has obtained surveilance video of the night 23-year-old Achim Bailey of Springfield went missing.

Achim Bailey was spotted by cameras leaving Samuel's at the Basketball Hall of Fame at about 1:48 a.m. on January 13 after he was asked to leave by security for allegedly "flirting inappropriately."

At about 1:52 a.m. the night achim went missing, cameras captured him walking north on Hall of Fame Avenue.

Now, we're getting a first look at Achim Bailey that night.

Western Mass News has obtained surveillance video captured by a street camera at Union Street and Hall of Fame Avenue.

Achim can be seen stumbling as he continues to make his way towards the Memorial Bridge.

Management at Samuel's told Western Mass News that Achim showed no signs of being drunk, but his parents told us that it's a video that's hard to watch.

"He was, on the camera you see him, he was really staggering out there. They should've helped him. I don't even try to look at it anymore, it's really heartbreaking. They should've helped him," the Bailey's said.

More at link Search continues for missing Springfield man

I think that the bar is in CYA mode by saying Achim wasn’t intoxicated, because I believe they may be in line for a lawsuit by overserving him and then kicking him out without knowing that he had a safe way home. This sort of thing happened to Shane Montgomery down near Philly a couple of years ago-they overserved him, and he ended up outside the bar, with his friends, jacket and cell phone inside. He ended up in the river near the bar. I can’t believe there isn’t some better way of managing drunks whose money the bars are taking.

According to Villalobos's Facebook, Pearson has known ongoing medical/emotional issues that account for his behavior, which makes it very unlikely to be related to any other case.

James Villalobos

"His mom tells me that like anyone else, he has his demons and his issues, and the day before he went missing he tried getting help. On Monday, he was scheduled to work Noon to 7 p.m. at his job at the Panera in East Longmeadow...but asked to leave early at 4:00 because he was not feeling well. That was the last time he was seen or heard from. He does not have his cell phone on him.

She says that he has gone missing before, but never for this long. She's desperately asking for the public's help because he needs to take medication.

At the end of the conversation she told me, "My son has a chemical imbalance, but I love him just as much.""

According to Villalobos's Facebook, Pearson has known ongoing medical/emotional issues that account for his behavior, which makes it very unlikely to be related to any other case.

James Villalobos

"His mom tells me that like anyone else, he has his demons and his issues, and the day before he went missing he tried getting help. On Monday, he was scheduled to work Noon to 7 p.m. at his job at the Panera in East Longmeadow...but asked to leave early at 4:00 because he was not feeling well. That was the last time he was seen or heard from. He does not have his cell phone on him.

She says that he has gone missing before, but never for this long. She's desperately asking for the public's help because he needs to take medication.

At the end of the conversation she told me, "My son has a chemical imbalance, but I love him just as much.""

i agree with your sentiment, its unlikely that the two cases are related, but it is not 100% proven that they are not related.

unless there is evidence that we dont know about that does in fact prove it, maybe there is idk.

I think that the bar is in CYA mode by saying Achim wasn’t intoxicated, because I believe they may be in line for a lawsuit by overserving him and then kicking him out without knowing that he had a safe way home. This sort of thing happened to Shane Montgomery down near Philly a couple of years ago-they overserved him, and he ended up outside the bar, with his friends, jacket and cell phone inside. He ended up in the river near the bar. I can’t believe there isn’t some better way of managing drunks whose money the bars are taking.

To be fair, it’s the “drunks” choice to go to a bar with the purpose of drinking/getting drunk. They also can arrange for rides ahead of time like a lot of people do, or limit themselves.

To be fair, it’s the “drunks” choice to go to a bar with the purpose of drinking/getting drunk. They also can arrange for rides ahead of time like a lot of people do, or limit themselves.

All of what you said is true, but the patron of the bar is there with the sole intent to drink. The bar owner has a lot of responsibility, though-they can be sued, for example, if they overserve someone and that person drives home and kills another person. They can also lose their liquor license, something that is both difficult and expensive to obtain. They are making money encouraging people to drink. Finally, re: arranging for rides home ahead of time, well, Achim may have done that, with a friend inside the bar, but he got thrown out of the bar without his friends. We don’t know if he tried to call anyone once he was outside the bar, I think (I suppose we may know at some point).

I happened to visit samuels in the past week (not my venue of choice, but what can you do) and was surprised they didn’t have a missing poster in the window for Achim. While the local news briefly mentioned him (during a story about Andrew), I was surprised there wasn’t more visibility. I didn’t see any billboards (though to be fair, I mostly stick to 91 when traveling around Springfield).

Do we know how much searching along the river they’ve been doing? I’ve been hesitant to think that he made his way into the river, despite the proximity, just because I assumed he would have turned up by now. But I did a little googling and it took a few months for Brianna Cuoco’s remains to be recovered after she went missing near the river.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead
Back