Found Deceased MA - Aidan Blanchard, 11, Chicopee, 5 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chicopee educators plan crisis counseling while search continues for Aiden Blanchard, a missing sixth-grader
More at link
As police continue to search for a missing 11-year-old boy, educators are preparing to help classmates and friends with their concerns about his disappearance.

Aiden Blanchard was last seen around 11 a.m. on Friday and was reported missing later in the day. Chicopee Police and Fire departments with the assistance from Massachusetts State Police and South Hadley firefighters have conducted searches of the Connecticut River in boats and with drones while troopers with the State Police Air Wing have been flying over the Willimansett neighborhood on Friday night and again on Saturday, Police Lt. Holly Davis said.

The search was suspended late Saturday because high winds made it dangerous and after searchers found no evidence that he was there. Police and firefighters will review evidence and weather conditions to determine if it should be resumed on Monday, she said.

On Sunday Police detectives have been following leads and are asking anyone in the Willimansett area, especially people who live in the Old Field Road neighborhood, to review any footage from home surveillance cameras they have to see if Aiden may have been caught on camera, she said.

Family and friends have also blanketed the neighborhood with posters asking for help to locate Aiden. Anyone with any information about his disappearance is asked to call the police detective bureau at 413-594-1740.

Aiden is a sixth-grader at Edward J. Bellamy Middle School and attended Gen. John J. Stefanik School for elementary school. He also has a brother and sister who are fifth-graders at Stefanik School, Superintendent Lynn A. Clark said.

“Certainly our thoughts and prayers are with his family. He has been with us since kindergarten at Stefanik,” she said.

At both schools the principal, vice principals, counselors, classroom teachers and other educators who may be connected to Aiden or his siblings met on Sunday to discuss how to help children who are upset and worried about his disappearance, Clark said.

I'm a little surprised this missing child isn't getting more attention here? He's the same age as Gannon when he went missing. Maybe it's because Aidan was seen at a body of water? Do we know how far AB's home is from where he was seen?
What am I missing?

I'm a little surprised this missing child isn't getting more attention here? He's the same age as Gannon when he went missing. Maybe it's because Aidan was seen at a body of water? Do we know how far AB's home is from where he was seen?
What am I missing?
Agreed. The press seems pretty quiet for such a potentially tragic case. Boston dot com had it on their front page as a small article yesterday but most of their news today is about the football game. I have not heard of any organized searches by civilians. Maybe because the family doesn't seem to be talking to the press?

I am wondering if school was closed due to the weather Friday?
I believe he was going remotely according to the link I posted up thread . I don’t know if they had classes online that day or not ( our remote only district doesn’t do snow days- kids are online schooling regardless of weather. However Friday’s are only morning classes here-I’m not in Chicopee)

Chicopee police continue to search for missing 11-year-old boy: Foul play not suspected in his disappearance
More at link
CHICOPEE – As a search continues for an 11-year-old boy who has been missing since Friday, police said their investigation shows foul play is not suspected in his disappearance.

Aiden Blanchard, a sixth-grader at Edward J. Bellamy Middle School, was wearing a red parka and black ski pants when he went missing. He is 5 feet tall, weighs about 100 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes, police said.

He was last seen around 11:30 a.m. in the Willimansett neighborhood and was believed to be heading to the Medina Street boat launch area, police said.

“All evidence thus far substantiates that Aiden was alone and near the river when he went missing,” police said.

It really seems everything points to him being in the water. So so sad. I’m praying for Aidan and his family. I cannot fathom the fear and heartbreak.
I agree, the poor family must be beside themselves. I was hoping to check in and see some positive news. Still hoping and praying for a miracle....

That river seems pretty dangerous. Maybe the schools in their area should have more safety lessons about it. I live in the upper Midwest and it gets drilled into our heads from elementary school onward about how dangerous the ice can be. Doesn't stop people from disobeying common sense and falling through, but those are adults on snowmobiles who aren't from around here who ignore the thin-ice flags and feel that the warnings apply to everyone else but them lol. I don't think I know of any kids (in my immediate area) who have went through the ice in recent memory. Imo, I truly believe that it can attributed to the ice safety lessons in the local school district.

"Chicopee schools have handled multiple traumas over the past few years including the deaths of Minhal Hussain, 10, a fifth-grader at Sgt. Robert Litwin School, and his cousin Salman Jaffrey, 11, of Rhode Island, who fell through the ice on the Chicopee River while going out to play near Hussain’s home off Fuller Road during the Christmas vacation last year."

Chicopee educators plan crisis counseling while search continues for Aiden Blanchard, a missing sixth-grader

That river seems pretty dangerous. Maybe the schools in their area should have more safety lessons about it. I live in the upper Midwest and it gets drilled into our heads from elementary school onward about how dangerous the ice can be. Doesn't stop people from disobeying common sense and falling through, but those are adults on snowmobiles who aren't from around here who ignore the thin-ice flags and feel that the warnings apply to everyone else but them lol. I don't think I know of any kids (in my immediate area) who have went through the ice in recent memory. Imo, I truly believe that it can attributed to the ice safety lessons in the local school district.

"Chicopee schools have handled multiple traumas over the past few years including the deaths of Minhal Hussain, 10, a fifth-grader at Sgt. Robert Litwin School, and his cousin Salman Jaffrey, 11, of Rhode Island, who fell through the ice on the Chicopee River while going out to play near Hussain’s home off Fuller Road during the Christmas vacation last year."

ITA, where I live in the frozen north it’s drilled into us as kids as well. But in my 57 years I don’t ever remember a kid going through the ice. My concern here is that it appears to be a fast moving river, IIRC, it wouldn’t have any ice. No matter what, it’s terrifying and sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back