Found Deceased MA - Aidan Blanchard, 11, Chicopee, 5 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My family experienced a loss under similar circumstances. My 18-year-old cousin fell through ice on New Year's Eve. His friends didn't report it to the police til the next day. Divers couldn't find his body and after a number of days, it was clear he wouldn't be found until spring. His body was found in March. His parents and siblings 'knew' he was dead, and yet rumors swirled that he'd taken off and was living in another state. The 3 months til his body was recovered were agony for them. I don't wish that on Adrian's mom or siblings.

Authorities seem pretty confident Adrian is in a river, which complicates recovery. I've read the current is fast there, but it is also varies across the river based on the geomorphology. Ice prevent would prevent a body from surfacing. Rivers have eddys, submerged objects, bridge abutments which make keep a body relatively close to where the person entered the river. Or a body could be a long way downstream quickly. I trust that the local authorities have expertise based, sadly, on previous recoveries. Based on my family's experience, I hope Adrian's body is recovered soon to end the horrible limbo for his mother.
I’m so very sorry for what your family went through, how tragic! Thank you for relating that, prayers for you all.

I was just thinking earlier when I checked this thread this afternoon how much the ice would hinder the search efforts.

Nothing yet? This reminds me some of Harley.
I agree SassynOz, I check for updates in MSM every day but nothing. I’m so afraid if he’s in the river he might be found until spring, or maybe never which is devastating to even imagine. Continued prayers for Aidan and his loved ones. It’s all we can do.

https://twitter.com/massstatepolice/status/1367168158658871305?s=21

Multiple agencies have returned to the Connecticut River today to continue search for missing 11-year-old boy Aiden Blanchard. MSP Dive Team and Marine Unit and our partner agencies are running sonar and a remotely operated camera, with divers standing by if evidence is located.

I was actually in the area last Wednesday 3/3/21 headed to my parent’s house and as I was about to get off the highway exit,we could see a MA state helicopter slowly flying VERY low along the CT river. I said to my husband they must be looking for Aiden. It was a very sobering surreal moment. CT state police are now involved in helping search along the river. It is going to be unseasonably warm today and especially tomorrow. My mom said that there’s a very strong belief he’s in the river and he has been known to go down to the boat launch area especially since his Dad tragically passed away last year.
I noticed his mom and family organizing experienced kayakers seemed to really kick the search into an even higher level so I’m so happy she’s been able to speak up and clearly the police bringing the CT police in for extra help resulted from this. I’m glad to see things in the news again about him because for a couple of weeks it seemed he was forgotten by the media. As much as finding him will be devastating,I’m sure the uncertainty of knowing where he is is just another level of horror that mom and his siblings and family are going through. My thoughts and hope are with them all.

Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

Aiden Blanchard
NamUs #MP78552
NCMEC Number1412741

Original

Missing Age 11 Years
Current Age 12 Years
Sex Male
Height 5' 0" - 5' 1" (60 - 61 Inches)
Weight 90 - 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Blue
Clothing Red and Black Ski Jacket, Black snow pants
Date of Last Contact February 5, 2021
NamUs Case Created March 6, 2021
Last Known Location Map
Location Chicopee, Massachusetts 01013
County Hampden County

Circumstances of Disappearance Aiden Blanchard was last seen in the area of Medina Street Boat Ramp, 100 Medina Street Chicopee MA. Aiden is believed to have fallen through the ice on February 5, 2021 into the CT River where the river meets the Chicopee River.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES
Back