Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I‘m curious what are people’s thoughts regarding wether this was pre-mediated or if a fight escalated in violence and led to murder? I’m leaning toward an escalation but not sure we have all the facts yet.

JMO. Probably not planned for very long, if he had to use his son’s computer and educate himself to “how to murder your wife and get away with it”. I think he is not academically dumb, merely incredibly impulsive, and that there might have been a true reason for his stay in Austen-Riggs (in its time, it was a Freudian-type expensive hospital, but they could get real cases, too). Searches like BW’s would never be done post factual if it was planned. JMO,

what Federal charges? What other court? Just starting to follow this case but I cant understand why there are 2 jurisdictions involved in this case....

Just wanted to comment that the guy just looks evil and dangerous from his photos.
^^bbm
BW committed the murder and disposal of his wife while out on bail for a federal case (wire fraud and art theft) where the imposition of his April 2021 plea deal sentence was delayed.

Hey @blackbeary ! Whatcha mean about the boys leaving the state? I may have missed something, there’s been a lot of info that’s come out today! :)
BW was going to prison, her job was in DC, the question was proposed, could Ana legally move the boys to DC, no matter if she remained married or divorced BW ?

Great motive, I realized - all the properties accumulated were in Ana's name only OR in Ana's name and an investor's name, NEVER Brian's. Maybe because she knew he could not be trusted with the properties. Maybe Ana had enough, and if she brought up a divorce... he wouldn't be sitting pretty. His entire identity, worth, sense of self, ego, LIFE depends on him being rich (other people be damned). It appears to me he chose money over his own wife and family and did not care at all how badly his actions affected people who cared for him. I don't think he understands "love" to be honest.
Again, my speculation.
I don't find the properties being in her name only that strange. My wife had a "real" job with a steady income and I was starting out in consulting so did not have a steady income when we applied for our mortgage. To put my name on the mortgage I would have had to hire an accountant to convert my "books" to something the mortgage company likes. The fee for this was around $200. For us it wasn't worth the expense so the mortgage and deed are in her name only. My neighbor has the same story, his wife has a steady income and he is a financial advisor who gets paid a lot but sporadically. Their mortgage and deed are only in her name.

BW didn't want the mortgage companies looking at his finances. Could be innocent like mine or could be he had other reasons not to expose his finances to get listed on the mortgage. MOO

I can’t explain what OP meant, but remembering prior uxoricides, more often than not, the guy would already have another woman lined up. It is not impossible, as BW treated his home arrest quite liberally, as we now see. JMO.
Ah, yes, normally I would agree and believe there might be "another woman". I just didn't see it in this case until now.

Ah, yes, normally I would agree and believe there might be "another woman". I just didn't see it in this case until now.
Is there some recent news in this case that suggests BW has been involved with another woman? Ugh. This case, especially the text messages read at yesterday’s hearing, conjures up enough sickening images. Another one isn’t needed.

Is there some recent news in this case that suggests BW has been involved with another woman? Ugh. This case, especially the text messages read at yesterday’s hearing, conjures up enough sickening images. Another one isn’t needed.
No, not at all. I just didn't think about that maybe their could be.

“After the first text, when she asked me to come promptly, I asked her why the urgency. She replied that Brian and her are not getting along about the kids, where the kids would spend time, whether in Boston, Cohasset or Washington, D.C., where they own a house,” Ljubicic added.”
Ana’s mother cannot believe

My speculation: Ana had everything set up for life after Brian, great job, great real estate investment portfolio around DC area and divested of Massachusetts properties, million dollar DC home for her family. (Ana’s mother said THEY own a house, but actually only Ana does).

The last big step was getting her children moved over, a very tricky situation because Brian couldn’t join.

I suspect Bryan controlled her by controlling the children. Otherwise, she had little reason to be in Massachusetts. Brian was about to be sentenced to prison, Brian‘s mother dislikes Ana, and even the family home there is not owned, but rented for Brian by Brian’s own mother.

Ana may have tried to delicately bring up the subject of Where the kids would go if he goes to prison. He likely tried to insist that the boys stay close to his mother or may even wanted to give custody to his mother to keep control.

He knew if she took the boys to DC, that he and his mother may never see any of them ever again, and that Ana would move on to a very good life without him. When he googled about divorce in different states, he may have seen that almost no matter what, Ana ends up with all the kids and all the money and a great career and future.

Checkmate Ana. So the creep killed and chopped up the winner since he was losing everything anyway…

Moo

Last edited:

1/19/23

Prosecutors believe Ms Walshe’s remains were thrown into a dumpster in Abington before being shredded and incinerated.

“It is believed that Brian Walshe dismembered Ana Walshe and discarded her body,” Norfolk County District Attorney Lynn Beland said.

Ms Walshe, 39, was last seen in the early hours of 1 January at her home in Cohasset, Massachusetts and was reported missing on 4 January.

Mr Walshe, a convicted arts fraudster, was arrested on 8 January and pleaded not guilty to hindering the police investigation into her disappearance.

When the DA's office charged BW with hindering the police investigation, they likely knew BW bought himself enough time for Ana's remains to be lost forever.

I was very surprised to learn that for a state the size of MA, it's also home to 7 of the 100 municipal waste combustion facilities in operation across the United States.

This is what the monster did to the mother of his children! BW did not deserve a family. MOO :mad:

I don't find the properties being in her name only that strange. My wife had a "real" job with a steady income and I was starting out in consulting so did not have a steady income when we applied for our mortgage. To put my name on the mortgage I would have had to hire an accountant to convert my "books" to something the mortgage company likes. The fee for this was around $200. For us it wasn't worth the expense so the mortgage and deed are in her name only. My neighbor has the same story, his wife has a steady income and he is a financial advisor who gets paid a lot but sporadically. Their mortgage and deed are only in her name.

BW didn't want the mortgage companies looking at his finances. Could be innocent like mine or could be he had other reasons not to expose his finances to get listed on the mortgage. MOO
Given the properties titled in Ana's name were all purchased since 2018 when BW was being investigated and later arrested and convicted for federal financial crimes, I agree his name before a lender would be enough to kill any real estate transaction, and explains why his mother was paying rent for the home he was living in with the children. Also, take note that restitution for his crimes was still not settled in the federal case. Ana was far from being stupid about losing her hard-earned assets to BW's fake life of fraud and manipulation. MOO

JMO. Probably not planned for very long, if he had to use his son’s computer and educate himself to “how to murder your wife and get away with it”. I think he is not academically dumb, merely incredibly impulsive, and that there might have been a true reason for his stay in Austen-Riggs (in its time, it was a Freudian-type expensive hospital, but they could get real cases, too). Searches like BW’s would never be done post factual if it was planned. JMO,
imo you have a guy here who has never worked a real job in the real world a day in his life, so I would say that he is not very au courant in how things work re computers, the cloud or even every day life, etc. He never did that well in school if IIRC. He attended Carnagie Mellon for only a short time I think after or just before he had his stay at Austen Rigg. I suspect money has bought him into many circles and out of many dilemna's. Both parents were highly educated IMO but seemingly the son could never get out of his own way. . It was reported in court docs that he was diagnosed as a sociopath while at Austen Riggs. IMO/IME they are plenty of people along those lines out running companies and high up in politics so I don't see that as a deciding factor on why he has a lack of real life functioning skills. IMO he may have planned to kill her as soon as the opportunity presented itself - but he never actually got around to the after planning - he mind got stuck just on getting rid of the problem and - he just did not think past killing her.
Once he accomplished his goal - executed his ultimate con - only then did he realize there were more steps to take. In the past he would enact his con outside his home and then disappear or ghost the people he conned.
This time he was stuck sitting in his own mess with his pathetic ankle bracelet on. Googling like an adolescent the most basic of things. This time, unlike others he had to dig himself out. There was no one else to pick up the pieces or cover for him this time. This time there will be consequences. Just my thoughts JMO

“After the first text, when she asked me to come promptly, I asked her why the urgency. She replied that Brian and her are not getting along about the kids, where the kids would spend time, whether in Boston, Cohasset or Washington, D.C., where they own a house,” Ljubicic added.”
Ana’s mother cannot believe

My speculation: Ana had everything set up for life after Brian, great job, great real estate investment portfolio around DC area and divested of Massachusetts properties, million dollar DC home for her family. (Ana’s mother said THEY own a house, but actually only Ana does).

The last big step was getting her children moved over, a very tricky situation because Brian couldn’t join.

I suspect Bryan controlled her by controlling the children. Otherwise, she had little reason to be in Massachusetts. Brian was about to be sentenced to prison, Brian‘s mother dislikes Ana, and even the family home there is not owned, but rented for Brian by Brian’s own mother.

Ana may have tried to delicately bring up the subject of Where the kids would go if he goes to prison. He likely tried to insist that the boys stay close to his mother or may even wanted to give custody to his mother to keep control.

He knew if she took the boys to DC, that he and his mother may never see any of them ever again, and that Ana would move on to a very good life without him. When he googled about divorce in different states, he may have seen that almost no matter what, Ana ends up with all the kids and all the money and a great career and future.

Checkmate Ana. So the creep killed and chopped up the winner since he was losing everything anyway…

Moo

Exactly!

IMO, both the couple's relationship and the legal status of BW's federal case (and his future) took a turn for the worse by October 2021 when the April 2021 plea agreement with the feds started to show cracks.

To be clear, BW was the beneficiary of the best legal counsel money could buy (Tracy Miner) who not only pumped BW's ego but crafted a federal plea agreement that would include NO JAIL TIME for his financial fraud and, instead, he'd be sentenced to the 30+ months of time served on house confinement (where he had an ankle monitor WITHOUT GPS and the freedom to leave home to take his kids to school and do errands for his mother), 3 years supervised release, and restitution! o_O

Fortunately, the court delayed the imposition of this gift of a sentence, scheduled for October 2021, when the finance department informed probation of apparent omissions in the financial statement by BW. Typical of BW, thinking he was the smartest guy in the room and that the feds wouldn't verify his financial statement (to calculate restitution).

Unfortunately for BW, committing perjury while on bail is deemed a very serious offense for which given his history, there had to be little doubt that incarceration could be avoided.

And this was all before an investigation opened for BW committing yet another fraud-- against his father's estate. (Imposition of BW's sentence reset to June 2022 was delayed again, and is still pending).

I think we're going to learn that BW was about to be indicted and charged with theft from his father's estate, and his bail about to be revoked. I think we'll also learn that Ana planned to legally separate from BW and immediately move the children to DC when BW murdered and disappeared the person that could reveal all his secrets.

Poor Ana probably thought she'd be physically safe to act just as soon as BW was in custody and worked hard to get things in order including selling the last joint asset (Revere rental) days before her demise. :(

MOO

Last edited:
This was posted today from Seberia News. I don't know if this is accurate, for one Hartford and Vermont?

19.01.2023. / 09:59
THE BODY OF A WOMAN WAS FOUND 200 KM FROM BOSTON! Horror in the recycling center, is it Ana Walš!?

The body of an unknown female person was found in the recycling center in Hartford, American media suspect that it could allegedly be Anna Walsh. The Hartford Police Department received a report that the body of a woman was found in the recycling center, the Associated Press reports.

The investigation is currently being conducted by the Hartford Police Department and is being assisted by the Vermont Police Department. During the investigation, the identity of the woman whose body was found will be established. It is suspected to be the missing Anna Walsh who disappeared on December 31, 2022. Ana is from Boston (Massachusetts), which is about 200 kilometers from Hartford, where the body was found, that is, it is a completely different federal state (Vermont).

To recall, Brian Walsh was brought before a judge in Boston District Court on Wednesday. He was officially charged with the murder of his wife due to numerous new evidences found by investigators.
PRONAĐENO TIJELO ŽENSKE OSOBE NA 200 KM OD BOSTONA! Horor u centru za reciklažu, da li je to Ana Volš!?

This was posted today from Seberia News. I don't know if this is accurate, for one Hartford and Vermont?

19.01.2023. / 09:59
THE BODY OF A WOMAN WAS FOUND 200 KM FROM BOSTON! Horror in the recycling center, is it Ana Walš!?

The body of an unknown female person was found in the recycling center in Hartford, American media suspect that it could allegedly be Anna Walsh. The Hartford Police Department received a report that the body of a woman was found in the recycling center, the Associated Press reports.

The investigation is currently being conducted by the Hartford Police Department and is being assisted by the Vermont Police Department. During the investigation, the identity of the woman whose body was found will be established. It is suspected to be the missing Anna Walsh who disappeared on December 31, 2022. Ana is from Boston (Massachusetts), which is about 200 kilometers from Hartford, where the body was found, that is, it is a completely different federal state (Vermont).

To recall, Brian Walsh was brought before a judge in Boston District Court on Wednesday. He was officially charged with the murder of his wife due to numerous new evidences found by investigators.
PRONAĐENO TIJELO ŽENSKE OSOBE NA 200 KM OD BOSTONA! Horor u centru za reciklažu, da li je to Ana Volš!?
This was reported earlier in Hartford, VT (i.e., not Hartford, CT only 100 miles from Boston). It's not AW-- they have tentative id, an isolated incident.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89