Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
I’ve been following since the beginning and I don’t think I’ve seen anything about a random note discussed…sorry if this is old news!

I don't remember this either.

From the article:

A Cohasset detective said he received an email from a Richard Walker on January 7 — days after Ana disappeared — asking for money.

"We have the so named Ana Walshe with us here," the note said. "We had a deal worth $127,000.. she messed up.. we have her here with us and if she doesn't pay the money…then she'll never be back, and we know that the police and the FBI are involved.. good luck finding us."

Police said they immediately thought the email was suspicious because it had no instructions on how or when to respond.

Also in the investigation paperwork were details of an interview with Brian Walshe inside his home when police say one of his kids came into the room holding Ana's sunglasses.

A Jan. 8 search of a trash processing facility not far from Brian Walshe’s mother’s home, uncovered trash bags that contained a hatchet, hacksaw, towels and a protective Tyvek suit, cleaning agents, a Prada purse, boots like the ones Ana Walshe was last seen wearing and a COVID-19 vaccination card with her name, authorities said.
^^rsbm
Reading how Ana's Hermes watch and Prada bag were found in the rubbish bin, my first thought was the convicted, million-dollar art fraudster probably gifted his wife fakes! Easy come, easy go.

PR 28, 2023

What new documents reveal about Ana Walshe's alleged affair, photos of Brian Walshe

5 Investigates has obtained new information in documents unsealed Thursday that shed new light on the investigation into the murder of Ana Walshe. ...

[...]

As early as their first visit to the Walshe's home on January 4, detectives noticed a piece of plastic lining the trunk of Brian Walshe's SUV. In court on Thursday, prosecutors said investigators had found blood in different areas of the SUV, including the trunk.

The arrest warrant application also includes surveillance photos of Walshe. One shows him wearing a mask and gloves, with a full shopping cart inside the Home Depot in Rockland. Police say he bought multiple mops, buckets and brushes, two large clear tarps, tape, a Tyvek suit with a hood and shoe coverings, two pairs of splash-resistance goggles. a utility knife, a hatchet, and two 12-pound bags of baking soda.

[...]

Other new details from the documents include information about an interview detectives conducted with a man in Washington, D.C. who said he had been dating Ana for months, saying they had spent Thanksgiving together in Dublin. A friend of Ana's said she had given Brian Walshe an "ultimatum" about his impending sentencing on federal art fraud charges and was planning on moving her children down to D.C. to live with her.

The warrant also reveals that state crime lab analysts "conducted testing on various surfaces and floors" within the couple's Cohasset home, and "multiple locations" in the basement and stairwell leading down to the basement tested positive for blood. Investigators also found a knife inside a cabinet above the refrigerator, which was next to "multiple bottles of hydrogen peroxide." The knife later tested positive for blood.

[...]

(More in the video below including GPS tracking devices on vehicles used by Brian Walshe and his mother, the email police received the day before BW was arrested, and the man who said he and Ana were in a dating relationship which had become more serious over the past several months.)

Last edited:
I don't remember this either.

From the article:

A Cohasset detective said he received an email from a Richard Walker on January 7 — days after Ana disappeared — asking for money.

"We have the so named Ana Walshe with us here," the note said. "We had a deal worth $127,000.. she messed up.. we have her here with us and if she doesn't pay the money…then she'll never be back, and we know that the police and the FBI are involved.. good luck finding us."

Police said they immediately thought the email was suspicious because it had no instructions on how or when to respond.

Also in the investigation paperwork were details of an interview with Brian Walshe inside his home when police say one of his kids came into the room holding Ana's sunglasses.
So insert kidnapper Richard Walker into the circle. Mkay. How nice of him to alert authorities that he had AW and it was up to her to pay her own ransom. Makes TOTAL sense.

I’ve been following since the beginning and I don’t think I’ve seen anything about a ransom note discussed…sorry if this is old news!

It's news to me as well.

I wonder if they found a new Gmail account on BW's son's iPad under that email address with the one outgoing message in the Sent folder... :cool:

So insert kidnapper Richard Walker into the circle. Mkay. How nice of him to alert authorities that he had AW and it was up to her to pay her own ransom. Makes TOTAL sense.
RW [BW] would not be the first of his kind and I won't be surprised to learn that he reached out to AW's mother overseas. LE generally warns families in advance of the scammers. What a monster!

Last edited:
APR 30, 2023

Ana Walshe: Bone Fragment Found on Hacksaw in Brian Walshe’s Trash

The Google searches​

Prosecutors had previously released a list of 21 Google searches Walshe made on one of his children’s tablets, beginning just before 5 a.m. on January 1:

Jan. 1, 2022​

• 4:55 a.m. — “How long before a body starts to smell?”
  • 4:58 a.m. — “How to stop a body from decomposing?”
  • 5:20 a.m. — “How to embalm a body?”
  • 5:47 a.m. — “10 ways to dispose of a dead body if you really need to”
  • 6:25 a.m. — “How long for someone to be missing to inherit?”
  • 6:34 a.m. — “Can you throw away body parts?”
  • 9:29 a.m. — “What does formaldehyde do?”
  • 9:34 a.m. — “How long does DNA last?”
  • 9:59 a.m. — “Can an identification be made with partial remans?”
  • 11:34 a.m. — “Dismemberment and the best ways to dispose of a body”
  • 11: 44 a.m. — “How to remove blood from a wooden floor?”
  • 11:56 a.m. — “Luminol to detect blood”
  • 1:08 p.m. — “What happens when you put body parts in ammonia?”
  • 1:29 p.m. — “Is it better to throw crime scene clothes away or wash them?”

Jan. 2, 2022​

• 12:45 p.m. — “Hacksaw best tool to dismember”
  • 1:10 p.m. — “Can you be charged with murder without a body?”
  • 1:14 p.m. — “Can you identify a body with broken teeth?”

Jan. 3, 2022​

• 1:02 p.m. — “What happens to hair on a dead body?”
  • 1:13 p.m. — “What is the rate of decomposition of a body found in a plastic bag compared to on a surface in the woods?”
  • 1:20 p.m. — “Can baking soda make a body smell good?”
The tablet also showed a visit to Aftermath.com, a crime scene cleaning company, and searches asking how long Lowe’s retains surveillance videos.

The final prosecution witness testified today in Letecia Stauch's trial (murdered her stepson, Gannon), and the defendant's Google searches that were presented in court today made me think LS and BW would make great prison pals. o_O

APR 30, 2023

The Google searches​

Prosecutors had previously released a list of 21 Google searches Walshe made on one of his children’s tablets, beginning just before 5 a.m. on January 1:

Jan. 1, 2022​

Jan. 2, 2022​

Jan. 3, 2022​

• 1:13 p.m. — “What is the rate of decomposition of a body found in a plastic bag compared to on a surface in the woods?”
The tablet also showed a visit to Aftermath.com, a crime scene cleaning company, and searches asking how long Lowe’s retains surveillance videos.
You just know he took a lunch break between "luminol" and "ammonia"

If I am reading the reports and this tread correctly, an interesting family dynamic for the accused.

Isn’t it the case he calls his mother and asks her to hire the Private Investigator to surveil his wife?

I would like to think that if I needed a PI for the task, I would call one myself. And my mother would not be on the list to call one and I would not ask her to do so. And if for some reason she was, and I did ask her, I would like to think she would say no.

MOO

APR 30, 2023

The Google searches​

Jan. 1, 2022​

Jan. 2, 2022​

Jan. 3, 2022​

Imagine doing all of the work these “clean-up” remedies entail (probably the most effort he’s ever put into anything IMO… ) over the course of several long days and then not deleting your search history.

/JMO

If I am reading the reports and this tread correctly, an interesting family dynamic for the accused.

Isn’t it the case he calls his mother and asks her to hire the Private Investigator to surveil his wife?

I would like to think that if I needed a PI for the task, I would call one myself. And my mother would not be on the list to call one and I would not ask her to do so. And if for some reason she was, and I did ask her, I would like to think she would say no.

MOO
My guess is he probably needed his mother to front the costs for the PI. / imo

MAY 2, 2023
Ana Walshe, whose husband is accused of killing her, had an affair before she went missing - Erie News Now
Ana Walshe, the Massachusetts mother of three who was last seen alive in January, was having an affair with a man in Washington, DC, before she went missing and had spent Thanksgiving with him in Ireland, new court documents say.

That man told investigators he had been dating Walshe for several months and shared they also spent Christmas Eve together, according to the documents. The pair had planned to celebrate the New Year together on January 4 after she returned from Massachusetts, the documents show.

That man was also Walshe's most frequent cell phone contact, investigators said, citing phone records.

[...]

Ana Walshe had allegedly given her husband some sort of ultimatum over the resolution of federal fraud charges he faced for selling fake Andy Warhol work online, the friend told investigators, adding Ana Walshe wanted the children to be with her.

[...]

"When investigators viewed Ana's residence in Washington, DC, they observed it to be ready for the kids to move there with clothes and other items available," the documents say.

[...]

MOO
That's how it goes when only one owns a checkbook where the checks clear the bank. JMO

MAY 2, 2023
Ana Walshe, whose husband is accused of killing her, had an affair before she went missing - Erie News Now
Ana Walshe, the Massachusetts mother of three who was last seen alive in January, was having an affair with a man in Washington, DC, before she went missing and had spent Thanksgiving with him in Ireland, new court documents say.

That man told investigators he had been dating Walshe for several months and shared they also spent Christmas Eve together, according to the documents. The pair had planned to celebrate the New Year together on January 4 after she returned from Massachusetts, the documents show.

That man was also Walshe's most frequent cell phone contact, investigators said, citing phone records.

[...]

Ana Walshe had allegedly given her husband some sort of ultimatum over the resolution of federal fraud charges he faced for selling fake Andy Warhol work online, the friend told investigators, adding Ana Walshe wanted the children to be with her.

[...]

"When investigators viewed Ana's residence in Washington, DC, they observed it to be ready for the kids to move there with clothes and other items available," the documents say.

[...]

BW struck a federal plea deal of the century on the wire fraud /art theft matter and was likely going to serve a 30-month prison sentence on house arrest, 36 months probation, restitution, and no fine-- until the Court caught wind of the allegations that BW acquired assets of his father's estate by fraudulent means, causing the Court to suspend imposing his sentence on his first case while BW completed a financial statement for the Court.

Before Ana vanished, and now believed murdered by BW, I provided the grand jury was probably close to indicting BW on his illegal estate activity, and Ana learned the notion that BW was not going to see real prison time was nothing short of another fantasy by BW.

IMO, Ana worked hard to convince the Court, family, and friends that BW was worthy of a 2nd chance-- only for him to make a fool of her by stealing assets from his dad's estate while she was writing letters to the judge in support of BW. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back