MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there certainly is a huge effort being made by LE to find Ana. I assume LE has interviewed the NYE party goers as to the dynamic and mood around the event. I'm guessing Ana didn't get to sleep until well after midnight and up around 3:30 at the latest to leave the house at 4:00 AM. Not unusual for MIL to hear her getting ready and get up to both say goodbye and use the bathroom lol. I am curious to hear from her husband, perhaps he is too distraught to speak to the media but ... it has been a week, I would like to think he would be up to it by now but maybe LE has asked him not to for reasons we cannot yet know. I believe LE has much more than we know and I hope they find Ana soon. Thinking about those three little guys who call her Mama. Moo

snipped from tweet: ".... Officials say it originated in the area of damaged piping connected to a natural gas fireplace insert...." As licensed gas pipe installer...I thought the house just sold? Who would not get a million dollar house inspected and why was there damaged gas piping , who would turn on a suspect not inspected gas piped fireplace , who would go to sleep after turning on a inspected or un-inspected foreign unfamiliar gas fireplace with kids in the house. Not trying to expose insurance fraud...just adding to the weirdness from a installers standpoint.....you smell gas when it leaks there is a additive in natural gas just for the rotten egg odor to warn you required by law.... and propane stinks...so there is that. Motown
BBM

They sold the house in March 2022 -- the real estate market was definitely a sellers market in 2021 and early 2022. My parents sold their home in late 2021 for $2m and there was a bidding war and the buyer waived inspection to get a leg up because the market was so competitive. I don't think it's weird that the buyer of Ana's old house waived inspection considering the market conditions when it was sold. MOO.

Agree. The place needs some TLC - other than that I like the place !
From the pictures of the front, I liked it a lot. That style of house is very popular and can be very expensive. I am surprised to see the children's toys in the dirt in the back with the pool like it is.

A couple of houses we looked at that were right on the water in southern MA had these unfenced in-the-ground pools steps from the back doors. I asked why on earth anyone would do that and the RE said they're often added by retirees who like the convenience of being close to the house and do not have children so they are not going to ruin the "aesthetics" with a fence. It was an absolute dealbreaker for us - I just imagined worrying 24/7 about a kid or a visitor opening the door and falling in. We also foster and there's no way you'd pass a home study with something like that.

JAN 7, 2023
  • Recording devices in the neighborhood, such as Ring home security cameras, have turned up no evidence of a rideshare vehicle arriving at or leaving Walshe's home, according to Quigley.
  • In addition, the police chief said he was able to confirm with all airlines that Walshe did not board a plane this week.

I lived in MA for many years. State law required all in-ground pools to be enclosed by 6 ft high fencing. Perhaps that state law has changed now.
my opinion only
ETA: Perhaps the entire yard area was enclosed by fencing,

She's in property management, correct? What type of emergency would she have on New Years Day, a Sunday, that would propel her to change her holiday plans? Also the fact that there was no change to her flight ticketing is another red flag! She would have been able to do that online and before she ever left her residence, didn't happen.

I think we all pretty much know the direction this is going. eta - JMO

Totally agree. While there can certainly be property management emergencies that would require someone to be there in person, for example, frozen pipes, I highly doubt that she would be doing that sort of repair work herself. It's pretty absurd actually.

I lived in MA for many years. State law required all in-ground pools to be enclosed by 6 ft high fencing. Perhaps that state law has changed now.
my opinion only
ETA: Perhaps the entire yard area was enclosed by fencing,
I was going to ask you - it looks like white vinyl fence in the front and chain link in the back. Do you think that's enough? The couple of houses I toured had completely fenced (with fancy high privacy fences) small backyards (on very small lots) and it seemed like that was the "loophole." I thought it was nuts because you can walk out the door and fall in the pool!!

I was going to ask you - it looks like white vinyl fence in the front and chain link in the back. Do you think that's enough? The couple of houses I toured had completely fenced (with fancy high privacy fences) small backyards (on very small lots) and it seemed like that was the "loophole." I thought it was nuts because you can walk out the door and fall in the pool!!
re in-ground pools in MA. We were told by our home inspectors in MA that the house can be considered one side of the pool "fencing" and if the other three sides were also enclosed by 6 ft fencing, that was adequate to stay within the law. The fencing could be chain link or stockade as long as it was 6 ft.. ...imo...hope that is clear. That was years ago

There could also be something small worth looking for at the bottom of the pool in the debris, that you couldn't necessarily see with it full -- phone, keys, etc.
Weapon ...

Curious about this IG post dated 3/17/22 - Ana Walshe on Instagram: "7 exciting years ago I left DC for love in Boston. 3 children (and a dog) later, time has come for us to go back. Right in time for Cherry Blossoms. #gratefulheart #excited #washingtondc #newjob #newbeginnings"
Was this right after they sold the Jerusleum Road house? Ana's post makes it sound as if the whole family is going back.

JAN 7, 2023
  • Recording devices in the neighborhood, such as Ring home security cameras, have turned up no evidence of a rideshare vehicle arriving at or leaving Walshe's home, according to Quigley.
  • In addition, the police chief said he was able to confirm with all airlines that Walshe did not board a plane this week.
Whelp, there's the answer to why LE is searching for Ana close to home ...

Whelp, there's the answer to why LE is searching for Ana close to home ...
From that article
. Recording devices in the neighborhood, such as Ring home security cameras, have turned up no evidence of a rideshare vehicle arriving at or leaving Walshe's home, according to Quigley.

So no cars coming into neighborhood when she was supposed to be leaving is definitely a fly in the ointment for the story.

My MIL lives with us after my FIL died of COVID. It just made financial sense. We all seem to be in agreement my MIl wouldn’t cover for my husband but not knowing their dynamic it’s hard to say. I could see renting while trying to find right house for the living situation. We are currently living in RV on 50+ acres and building because we couldn’t find right house for the animals and the 3 of us.

I’ll also add we let our pool go feral in the winter, looked similar to theirs at the house we sold. No financial issues with us, just not a priority in winter with all the animals so I can’t imagine it with kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay