MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Ana Was planning on leaving him. Add that purchase and his mother’s character letter for him, I’d say it’s quite possible.

’Unfortunately, I do not have a good relationship with my daughter-in-law, perhaps due to cultural differences. Therefore, my son is the one and only constant in my life, taking care of me and ensuring I have some joy by seeing my grandchildren,” said Diana Walshe.

Walshe’s mother continues applauding Brian for being the main caregiver for all three of his sons, not mentioning Ana once.

“He cooks, shops, cleans, plays, communicates boundaries, and reads bedtime stories. If it were not for my son, my relationship with my grandsons would come to a halt,” Diana Walshe wrote.’

the question is WHY did Diana think her relationship with her grandsons would come to a halt if not for her son…..
Because in her own words she 'did not have a good relationship' with Ana. How was that going to work with Ana and the kids presumably in DC and Brian in federal custody.

IMHO, BW's mother had to have put pressure on BW about the living arrangements IF he were to go to prison for a while, as was looking most likely.

And he googled “how to dispose of a 115-pound woman’s body”?!?!

Investigators recently uncovered new information that turned their focus from a missing persons search to suspicions that Ana Walshe may have been killed, including her husband’s internet record showing searches about dismemberment and “how to dispose of a 115-pound woman’s body,” according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.
IMO only:

Based on the incriminating Internet search history of guys like this putz and also Beth Capaldi’s husband, I both marvel at, and—ironically—thank the heavens for, the absolute technological idiocy of the average middle-aged American. These guys aren’t far from my age, and—if they’re at all similar to the peers I know personally—have likely used the Internet since young adulthood, so they are surely at least dimly aware that their digital “footprints” can be VERY hard to erase. It’s almost like they’re trying to get caught.

In so many if not most of these cases we always hear how one would never have suspected X person of doing such a thing.

In this case it seems anyone could have suspected he would if aware and paying attention. Sometimes the boogeyman really is the boogeyman.

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't read any info that indicates Ana was involved in the Warhol scam. All I read was that her eBay profile was used to exchange some messages with a prospective buyer. Considering her husband's extensive penchant for lying and scamming, it seems quite likely that he was using her profile as part of his scheme.

The victim in the case contacted Ana at her work to tell her about the fake paintings and how her husband was going to refund him, but instead sent him a partial payment and then ghosted him. (per court documents). At least at that point Ana definitely knew that her EBay account had been used for a scam and she could have taken action, imo.

Even if Brian was the primary person behind the scam, which the victim believes, Ana was at least aware that he had been cheated and her account was used to do so.

““His depression, anxiety, and anger left him unable to function, according to Dr. Tittmann. “There he started his long battle to overcome his mental illness.”

As Brian’s wife, Ana Walshe wrote to the judge back in 2021, “Brian has been deeply affected by his childhood and relationship with his parents. He was taught to lie and hide. He was told that he was a loser, that his parents should not have had him, that he had no chances of making anything of himself in life, and that he was a lost cause.””
These seem like things that someone would tell a spouse or loved one if they wanted sympathy and excuses for their behavior.

The Boston Globe article stated that his father put $500K into a house that Brian owned, and Brian had agreed to refund his father for his investment once the house sold. The house sold, and Brian disappeared with all the money.

Investing $500K in your son's real estate venture doesn't sound like the action of a parent who considers the son a "lost cause." And BW's mother's words and actions don't speak of someone who was neglectful of her son and thought he was a loser.

Those are things BW told to AW to make her feel sorry for him.

Not to quibble as this guy is loathsome, but the Court record does not show a diagnosis from a medical facility. It is rather referred to (albeit under oath) by someone close to his Father. The Court documents do paint a troubling picture and we do have information about his stay at the facility but I have not seen any official documentation about his diagnosis. The Boston Globe article really illustrated that he has been a train wreck though, right?? A person who has a continual history of cheating others out of large sums of money. ugh.
What's frightening is how his victims all describe BW as likable, genuine, and well-spoken, so you know he could probably make an honest living but I guess it's the scheming and the con that must produce a rush he thrives on.

I think Ana's letter to the Court in the wire fraud case gives some insight into why she chose to make a life with BW:

1673450339635.png
[..]
1673450659182.png

Trying to catch up. This is a confusing case. Apparently they purchased a house in Bethesda for ~$1.3(?) Million, but he was unable to move there due to court agreements and to care for his ailing mother. There is a strange history with his parents:

<modsnip - sleuthing a person not named POI by LE>

Terrible for the wife & children, and presumably his mother who may haven't any relatives to take care of her, although a nephew of the 3lder Walshe was mentioned as executor of her (ex? estranged?) husband's estate.

The guy looks like a total fraud and creep and, if charged and convicted, deserves the worst Massachusetts law permits. Imo.
This Boston Herald article includes something new to me.

"Brian allegedly told police...that he drove up to her home in Swampscott that day [Jan 1] to make some errand runs to CVS and Whole Foods. Police say that was a lie. They say his phone was pinging in Abington and Brockton..."

If he was dropping off bloody evidence in Swampscott who was carrying his phone to Brockton? Or the corollary, if he was in Brockton how did the hacksaw get to Swampscott?

I can’t figure out why Ana purchased an expensive home in DC if she knew he couldn’t move there. Unless….she figured he’d be in prison. I expect his mother was not happy at all about her golden boy going to prison & her grands moving to DC with the unliked daughter in law……how long had Ana been doing the gone during the week job? The youngest is only 2.
Her LinkedIn profile says she has been working in DC since Feb 2022.

Interesting. Ana's Instagram bio is similar: "Confident, generous, loving leader. Serving those I lead."
Yes! I just learned that Ana was the first to attend the "Breakthrough" Academy and suggested to BW that this was just what he needed to get back on track. Sadly, it didn't work for him.

What's frightening is how his victims all describe BW as likable, genuine, and well-spoken, so you know he could probably make an honest living but I guess it's the scheming and the con that must produce a rush he thrives on.

I think Ana's letter to the Court in the wire fraud case gives some insight into why she chose to make a life with BW:

View attachment 394574
[..]
View attachment 394578
I think we've all seen people like Brian. They morph into whatever you want them to be when they're with you. With Ana, he likes fried eggs because she likes them. With George, he likes scrambled eggs, etc. But Brian resents those around him and so he feels entitled to what they have. Brian is a bottomless pit of need, not because of his parents but because that's just who he is. And I think Ana is normal, so when he did something wrong, he gave her an excuse and said he'd be a better person who learned from his mistakes. But he kept making the same mistakes and I believe she loved him and would have done anything to make it work but perhaps that morning she pushed him on something or questioned a lie and he exploded. I also wonder if there was some kind of financial anger because she was selling off assets and maybe she suggested they downsize for a time. That would have angered him since he was all about being showy with cash.
ETA, it just hit me. Maybe she was tired of being separated from him and the kids and she had decided to leave her job. That would have been a big problem for him since she was the worker bee.

I think this is what might have happened after New Years Eve. Ana confronted him, provoked him, questioned him.

I wouldn't think that Ana would go down to the basement to do laundry at the end of a NYE get-together, but I can see her going down to put some uneaten food into a freezer.
Snipped by me. The questions about why she would be in the basement (if she was)... It seems logical to me that they got in an argument and maybe they were yelling and moved to the basement so the kids wouldn't wake up and hear them fight. Purely speculation.

IMO, the 1999 suit could have been filed years after the date of treatment. It appears that Blue Cross of MA was also part of the suit where they probably were covering the cost for a period of time and the facility filed suit against BK for the balance.

Boston Globe also reported that the parents battled over who was going to pay for the treatment:

After attending boarding school in Rhode Island, he enrolled briefly at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh before checking himself into Austen Riggs, a high-end mental health facility in the Berkshires.

He had to leave prematurely, however, when his parents fought over who should pay for his treatment. Eventually, the treatment facility sued the Walshes for payment, records show.
But his parents were still married then - they divorced in 2003. So wouldn't they pay for his treatment together, as a married couple?

I get how we should all try and forgive others especially those we love but this is next level. If my husband did even one of the things Brian has done I might forgive him but it would forever make me lose all respect for him and destroy our relationship. Money seemed to be everything in this relationship.

She probably wanted the whole 'family package' and the 'American dream' and maybe having 3 children also cemented her future in the US, visa-wise. Marriage to a US citizen helps, having children helps even more.

MOO.
I believe I read somewhere in here that Ana held dual citizenship - Serbian and US. Please correct me, if wrong.

But his parents were still married then - they divorced in 2003. So wouldn't they pay for his treatment together, as a married couple?
Brian was over 18 and may not have been on their insurance plans. Or there may have been some disagreement about which insurance plan was supposed to cover him. Or it could have been as simple as the insurance company not wanting to cover the cost or time length of his stay. It's hard to tell because I haven't been able to read what the issue was. I don't know if anyone has access to see the docket itself.

This Boston Herald article includes something new to me.

"Brian allegedly told police...that he drove up to her home in Swampscott that day [Jan 1] to make some errand runs to CVS and Whole Foods. Police say that was a lie. They say his phone was pinging in Abington and Brockton..."

If he was dropping off bloody evidence in Swampscott who was carrying his phone to Brockton? Or the corollary, if he was in Brockton how did the hacksaw get to Swampscott?

I don't think the affidavit is specific about the exact day that his cell phone traveled around Brockton and Abington. It just says he traveled around there during the days that followed her disappearance. In the document, the section that addresses this is presented after information about what he did on January 1st and 2nd. It says:

"The data from WALSHE'S cell phone data extraction, given on consent, also showed that the device traveled to the areas of Brockton and Abington during the week beginning January 1st. The itinerary for WALSHE'S leave from home does not include such towns for approved travel. This is not a complete list of WALSHE'S approved leave from home and possible probation violations." (Bolding mine)

Here's a link to this document: Read the affidavit in the case against Brian Walshe - The Boston Globe

I think he went to the North Shore on January 1st like he says (it's important to note that on this day, he says he didn't have his phone because one of the children hid it - see link above) and went to Norwell/Rockland the following day, and then traveled around Brockton and Abington subsequent to that. He may have made multiple trips around there, that's not excluded by how it is worded in the affidavit.

Click below to continue in Thread #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member