Deceased/Not Found MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Hacking comes to my mind. He murdered his pregnant wife Lori after she discovered he'd lied to her about being accepted into medical school. They were on the verge of moving across the country before she learned that he'd never even finished his undergrad program, let alone applied to or been accepted to med school. He killed her when it became clear she was leaving him over it.
MOO
Scott Peterson!!
Drew Peterson!!

I have brain fog today, so I wonder if anyone could kindly give me some examples of some conning, killing narcissists please? (genuine question)
EBM for a typo & some clarity.

This case reminds me a bit of Hans Reiser, which was a case sort of local to me. There are some important differences—Reiser and his wife were separated and he had at one time been been genuinely successful as a software entrepreneur (designed a file system for the Linux operating system), but, like AW, his mother totally supported him when his wife Nina was “missing.” He was also a type of financial criminal (at the time of the murder he was under investigation for money laundering). I’m guessing the pressures of being busted played a role in things going downhill.

Reiser maintained his innocence staunchly from day one. Yet, he had killed his wife in a fit of rage and hid her body; borrowed his mothers car when his own car “disappeared” after the murder (the car he’d used to transport her body). Her body was not found until Reiser was found guilty of first degree murder at trial, and then immediately asked prosecutors if they would downgrade the crime to second-degree murder in exchange for his disclosure of where he had hidden his wife’s body. It was such a gross flip-flop to watch after he’d been crying crocodile tears for so long, falsely proclaiming his innocence for all the world to see. He was a real, genuine, 100% authentic scum bag.

True, it’s not identical to AW, but there are some similarities. I would be willing to bet AW pulls some similar bargaining crap if and when he’s convicted of being involved in AWs disappearance/murder. MOO.

Last edited:
Wow, those first dozen or so words of The Message on the Champagne Box sound ominous. And not just in hindsight; their connotation is one of tension, tentativeness, uncertainty:

"Wow! 2022…What a year! And yet, we are still here and together!"

That's a very weak "And yet." That's a very troubled "still."

Thirteen words. Then gone.

Courage, love, perseverance, compassion, and joy had left the building.

I just have to say though that this case is almost being handed to police on a silver platter. If this was a crime novel the plot twist would be that he was being set up. One could imagine a guy like him would have plenty of enemies. I mean the searches on the internet are the most obvious I have ever heard of. Not to mention who buys 450.00 of cleaning supplies and then leaves a bloody knife and such in the basement? It’s probably just as it looks but in my mind it’s almost too obvious.

I definitely don't believe that BW is being set up here - no way. If you look at BW's past history of being a thief/scammer/criminal & that he also has a history of getting violent & enraged when confronted, etc....I 100% believe that he did all of this & was just arrogant/stupid enough to think he wouldn't get caught. And, it is significant that the body hasn't been found yet. Maybe he thought that no body being found was enough to get him off the hook here.

BW is someone who has been getting away with bad/criminal/dishonest behavior for a long time - without extreme consequences. And, I suspect he thought his luck would hold out.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought of her as soon as I heard some details on this case. Sadly, I imagine that though Lori and Ana both probably had an inkling of how deceptive their husbands were by the end, my guess is they never really thought of them as violent, so they were likely quite blindsided by it and would never have thought that they were in physical danger. (I suspect Shanann Watts had a similar experience with her husband. He'd shown himself to be an unpleasant jerk, but I don't think it ever occurred to her that her or her girls were truly in danger before he killed them.) MOO
Totally agree that none of them would have ever thought they would be capable of murder…

This case reminds me a bit of Hans Reiser, which was a case sort of local to me. There are some important differences—Reiser and his wife were separated and he had at one time been been genuinely successful as a software entrepreneur (designed a file system for the Linux operating system), but, like AW, his mother totally supported him when his wife Nina was “missing.” He was also a type of financial criminal (at the time of the murder he was under investigation for money laundering). I’m guessing the pressures of being busted played a role in things going downhill.
Another one I hadn't heard of! Hans Reiser actually reminds me a bit of Bryan Kohberger - a bit similar in appearance, plus brilliant and a bit weird.

EBM for a typo & some clarity.

Reiser maintained his innocence staunchly from day one. Yet, he had killed his wife in a fit of rage and hid her body; borrowed his mothers car when his own car “disappeared” after the murder (the car he’d used to transport her body). Her body was not found until Reiser was found guilty of first degree murder at trial, and then immediately asked prosecutors if they would downgrade the crime to second-degree murder in exchange for his disclosure of where he had hidden his wife’s body. It was such a gross flip-flop to watch after he’d been crying crocodile tears for so long, falsely proclaiming his innocence for all the world to see. He was a real, genuine, 100% authentic scum bag.

True, it’s not identical to AW, but there are some similarities. I would be willing to bet AW pulls some similar bargaining crap if and when he’s convicted of being involved in AWs disappearance/murder. MOO.
It's been years since I thought of Nina's case but I've always remembered that Reiser's passenger seat was missing and the carpet wet inside his vehicle.

Ljubicic was staying at the Cohasset, Massachusetts, home of her daughter and son-in-law when she suffered the stroke on November 9, 2021. Ana was away working in Washington, DC at the time.

'I can say he saved my life then and that is why I can't believe he is responsible – I just can't believe it.'

She said Ana, 39, visited her in Belgrade in November and December last year and she never said a bad word about her husband.

But she knew there was some strain on their marriage because Ana had to spend so much time in Washington, where she worked, and her husband could not leave Boston because he was under house arrest for a 2018 scam when he sold fake Andy Warhol paintings on eBay for $80,000.

A brief observation.

“Wow! 2022…What a year! And yet, we are still here and together! Let’s make 2023 the best one yet! We are the authors of our lives…courage, love, perseverance, compassion, and joy. Love, Ana,”

Always note where someone begins a statement it's shows their priority.
Ana begins. “Wow! 2022…What a year! Note the passivity. Passivity is often applied to disguise identity and or responsibility. Giving Ana uses exclamation marks we can suggest it was a great one or not so, which one is it? The next sentence suggests the latter.

"And yet, we are still here and together!"

This is so revealing.

IMO, this tells me 2022 was not a good year for whatever reason.

"still"

The word "still" is a word from the element of time. It is found in a sentence where time is elapsing or has elapsed. (New Year) This indicates a monitoring of time. Was Ana not expecting to "still" be "together" come the New Year? It is almost like she is surprised.

Note she says "we are still here together. (Placement) Location or relationship etc. Again, was she not expecting to still be here together.

Ana uses the pronouns "We" and "our" and the word together, this shows unity and togetherness (in her perception of reality) at the time of writing. This short note IMO tells me this was not a woman who was going to up and leave without notice but wanted to put the past (2022) behind her and move on to 2023 with the hope of a better future "together".

AMO

A brief observation.

“Wow! 2022…What a year! And yet, we are still here and together! Let’s make 2023 the best one yet! We are the authors of our lives…courage, love, perseverance, compassion, and joy. Love, Ana,”

Always note where someone begins a statement it's shows their priority.
Ana begins. “Wow! 2022…What a year! Note the passivity. Passivity is often applied to disguise identity and or responsibility. Giving Ana uses exclamation marks we can suggest it was a great one or not so, which one is it? The next sentence suggests the latter.

This is so revealing.

IMO, this tells me 2022 was not a good year for whatever reason.

"still"

The word "still" is a word from the element of time. It is found in a sentence where time is elapsing or has elapsed. (New Year) This indicates a monitoring of time. Was Ana not expecting to "still" be "together" come the New Year? It is almost like she is surprised.

Note she says "we are still here together. (Placement) Location or relationship etc. Again, was she not expecting to still be here together.

Ana uses the pronouns "We" and "our" and the word together, this shows unity and togetherness (in her perception of reality) at the time of writing. This short note IMO tells me this was not a woman who was going to up and leave without notice but wanted to put the past (2022) behind her and move on to 2023 with the hope of a better future "together".

AMO
Maybe she meant still here as in MA not in Washington where she might wanted to move? Still together seems definitely off perhaps could be because BW didn’t go to jail for his crimes?

Definitely odd IMO

Where did he dispose of her remains? dumpsters? How many places did he go to dispersed them? Feel sick saying that. .MOO I hope LE finds her remains but with so much time and if tossed in bins- so much and then to centralized trash hubs, it seems impossible to sort through that he!!. What a horrible , gross and dangerous job. MOO if that is where her body went.

I have brain fog today, so I wonder if anyone could kindly give me some examples of some conning, killing narcissists please? (genuine question)
Foti s D ulos.

So very sad. She was probably never going to be safe, but she was likely placating him and holding out for incarceration.

He wasn't about to let her have that much time.

I wonder if the ink on her 2023 message even had a chance to dry.

If there's a rug missing, I'm really curious to know from which room is missing. Unless I miss my guess, that'll be the room with blood spatter.

With children in the house.

Unimaginable.

JMO

Bonkers that Mr Walshe touches all the bases of activity in the marvelous field of financial fraud. Fake art sales, "financial seminars", wine brokerage, real estate monkey business, and of course, stealing from the family estate. Did I miss anything?
I wonder if his wife had a life insurance policy.

IMO the wine bottle note could be referencing life in the time of covid. "We're still here and together" is a common sentiment right now.
After my husband had cancer this year, and is going into 2023 with clean scans, I, in typing my new years message, said but we are here, we are healthy, we are together. Similar. And as far as I know my husband isn't a criminal. lol

JAN 11, 2023
Hans is accounted for — Cohasset police confirmed to NBC10 Boston that the dog is in its custody and being cared for.

"Cohasset Police can confirm that it is taking care of the family's dog in its shelter until a family member can take custody of him. He is well cared for!" police said in an email.

www.instagram.com

Ana Walshe on Instagram: "Sir Hans #ourgermanshepherd #dogs #dogsofinstagram #dogsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503