Deceased/Not Found MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this case is wild - I'm entirely confused
Welcome to the club.

My short interpretation: Rich kid grows up expecting to be given the world. It doesn't happen that way so he commits fraud to get his entitlement. He meets a bright, attractive young Eastern European woman who wants to live the American dream. He 'buys' her love by lavishing gifts on her. She loves it. Until she doesn't. (He is going to be sentenced to jail and his promises of 'reform' have worn too thin.) He thinks he bought her and owns her. He is enraged.

End of story.

I’m not sure if this has been posted yet. Sorry if it’s a re-post:

“EXCLUSIVE: Brian Walshe's 'response to friends' revealed: Handwritten prepared statement addressing missing wife Ana's disappearance and thanking loved ones for their 'concern' is seen on folded note atop couple's dining table…

The folded note, written in blue ink by Brian, is titled 'Response to friends', and seems to be his own scripted message to relay to concerned loved ones amid the growing speculating over his wife's disappearance.

Walshe, who is now in custody after being charged with misleading cops in the investigation, writes: 'I appreciate your concern. Right now my focus is finding Ana and spending time with…'”
View attachment 394962
View attachment 394963
View attachment 394961
Are those 2 (or possibly 4) passports at the end of the table?

I couldn’t find this here yet, sorry if it’s a re-post:
View attachment 394686

View attachment 394687
View attachment 394688

““Wow! 2022…What a year! And yet, we are still here and together! Let’s make 2023 the best one yet! We are the authors of our lives…courage, love, perseverance, compassion, and joy. Love, Ana,” reads the ominous message, written on the side of a Lanson Noble Cuvee champagne box.

The champagne sits in the kitchen of Ana and husband Brian Walshe’s family home, which appears to be largely untouched since the party, also attended by family friend Gem Mutlu.”

eta: photo of passports
View attachment 394711
"Ana's final note"

How unknowable. So tasteless, pathetic, desperate, fake. Is everyone trying to be The Daily Mail these days?

Probably nothing, which is why traffic in this thread has dissipated and posts have veered into ancillary topics. Whether or not AW drove a stick shift, whether or not notarized letters are needed when traveling with children, whether the DC police report from 2014 concerned BW or AW’s ex, etc are immaterial to the specifics of exactly when, where, how and why BW killed AW, what he did with her body, and whether or not anyone witnessed it or helped after the fact. And there’s nothing much to discuss beyond speculation about these questions unless and until there is more disclosure from the police investigation and, eventually, from prosecution as they make their case. That said, I’m very appreciative of the timeline someone took the time to create and share above and hope to provide some input on that this evening.
As a longtime member, I appreciate any discussion on the missing person while we wait. Lots of very smart posters here who discuss lots of questions that may or may not be able to be answered. I appreciate any and all thoughts on a mystery.

Found a collection case against BW in DC. It's for more than $25K, dismissed without prejudice.

View attachment 395177
Not sure I have this straight...
Aug 2014 Ana files a police report saying Brian threatened to kill her. At that time AK (not yet AW) lives in DC and BW lives in MA.

6 months later, Feb 2015, A(K)W moves to MA and BW gives her a Maserati as a Valentine's Day Gift. I guess that smooths over the "I'm going to kill you!" part of the courtship?

4 months later in June 2015 BW is caught in a fake check scheme. Not the only one on his record BTW. His residence in June 2015 is DC per the legal filing. While per AW and BWs LinkedIn they are both living in MA at the time.

When were AW and BW married? I saw earlier posts they were married in Serbia. Were they ever legally married in the US?

Aug 2014 Ana files a police report saying Brian threatened to kill her. At that time AK (not yet AW) lives in DC and BW lives in MA.

6 months later, Feb 2015, A(K)W moves to MA and BW gives her a Maserati as a Valentine's Day Gift. I guess that smooths over the "I'm going to kill you!" part of the courtship?

4 months later in June 2015 BW is caught in a fake check scheme. Not the only one on his record BTW. His residence in June 2015 is DC per the legal filing. While per AW and BWs LinkedIn they are both living in MA at the time.

When were AW and BW married? I saw earlier posts they were married in Serbia. Were they ever legally married in the US?
Marriages of U.S. citizens performed in Serbia are recognized under U.S. law if protocols are followed per:

"In order to use a Serbian public document in the U.S., it must be certified with an Apostille under the terms of the Hague Convention."

I think they married in December 2015.

ETA: Confirms marriage date as I stated.

I agree! I hope @wnk is available.
I've started a very, very rough timeline, but don't have more time to suss out more details. There are likely lots of errors here and definitely many, many holes. (e.g. I haven't included the timeline of events that came to the surface as a result of BW's father's estate case.) But here's a start (and I hope others will want to run with it, or give me suggested edits):

1975? - Brian born

198?? - Ana born

1983? - BW’s father ‘abandons’ family (per BW statement)

2003 - BW’s parent divorce

Summer 2005 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2006 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2007 - AW works in NYC

May’08 – 2010 - AW works in Lennox MA

2008 - BW meets AW in Boston

Sep/10 – Feb15 - AW works at Willard ICH in Boston

?? - BW steals $500k from father in temporary borrowing deal re house flip

2015?? - BW gives AW Maserati as Valentine’s gift

Feb/15-Mar/17 - AW director of Front Office, InterContinental, Boston area

Dec 2015 - BW & AW get married [source: Warhol fraud complaint at link Thread 2 #10]

Apr 2016 - AW purchased residence. (Residence later connected to Warhol fraud.)

2016 - BW & AW have first child, Thomas

Nov 2016 - B commits Warhol fraud

Mar/17 - ?/19 - AW Head of Front Office, Taj Hotels

2018 - BW charged with fraud re Warhol paintings.

Nov 2018 - BW’s father dies in India

Late 2018 - BW destroys father’s will

Jul 2019 - AW appointed by courts as Special Personal Rep for TW’s estate

Sep 2019 - BW objects to appointment of AW re father’s estate

Oct 2019 - 2nd child born

Nov/19-Apr/20 - AW Director with Newbury Boston

2020 - 3rd child born

Aug/20–Feb/22 - AW Director Ops with Mutlu Group. (Note that G Mutlu was at NYE w BW/AW day she went missing.

Apr 2021 - BW pleads guilty re Warhol fraud. Gets non-imprisonment sentence w conditions.

2021 - AW’s mother is visiting and has a stroke

2021 - AW posts on her LinkedIn that BW is hosting a ‘Money is Emotional’ workshop.

Oct/21 - court about to file home confinement sentence on BW when bank raised issue. Sentence agreement suspended as a result.

Feb 2022 - AW takes new job in DC at Tishman Speyer

Mar 2022 - BW & AW sell Jerusalem Rd home in Cohasset

Jun 2022 - gov’t file supplemental sentencing memo re B’s Warhol fraud (repeats original request for 30 month sentence, based on perjury and non-compliance w conditions).

Dec 2022 - rush to sell off asset for cash (Dec 28/29) – car, apartment

Dec 26/22 - AW asks mother to come the next day. Mother says she can’t.

Dec 27/22 - AW was supposed to visit her friend ‘CW’. AW cancels. [thread 1, #494]

Dec 31/22 - GEM joins AW and BW for NY Eve celebration

Jan 1/23 - Gem leaves between 1-1:30 am.

Jan 1/23 - AW reported to have left between 4-5 am via rideshare for airport. BW says AW said she had a work emergency and had to go to DC. AW did not have a flight booked and did not fly to DC.

Jan 1/23 - BW says he drives mother home to Swampscott. “gets lost” unaccounted time.

Jan 2/23 - BW caught on cctv at Home Depot buying tarps, cleaning supplies, etc. On cctv at juice

bar.

Jan 3/23 - AW had a scheduled flight from MA to DC for work. She didn’t make this flight.

Jan 4/23 - AW’s employer calls BW saying AW didn’t show up at work.

-AW’s employer contacts LE to report LE missing

Jan 6/23 - LE tells media AW is missing. LE commences search around AW’s home and surrounding area (including woods by Stop & Shop)

Jan 6/23 - fire breaks out at former Jerusalem Rd home of BW/AW. LE reports unconnected to case.

Jan 7/23 - LE continues search. Drains pool at BW/AW rental home on Chief Justice Cushing Hwy.

Jan 8/23 - BW arrested for obstruction.

Jan 9/23 - BW arraigned. Prosecutors announce that bloody knife found in basement of home.

Jan 9/23 - LE remove dumpsters from BW’s mother’s apartment complex in Swampscott.
Thank you for providing this! I don't know how the Timelines are typically developed and posted on Websleuths (i.e., how much background to include, whether they get pinned to top of a thread or otherwise flagged somewhere, or whether only select people are to edit them, etc), but here are some corrections, additions, and comments to some of what you posted:
- Yes, Jan '75 is BW month of birth (I think Jan 31st, but not 100% sure; his driver's license has been posted and will show it)
- April 12, 1983 is AW's birthdate (based on post in her instagram account)
- BW &AW are said to have first met in 2008 at Wheatleigh Hotel in Lenox, MA (not Boston) where she was working at the time (FOXNews article from today, and I think mentioned in one of AW's affidavits)
- I don't think she worked in Boston until 2015 or 2016
- AW & BW married December 21, 2015 in Boston (FOXNews article from today)
- 2016 or 2017 - BW's father had a stroke (I think 2016; it was noted in one of TW's friend's affidavits which I'll look for later)
- September 21, 2018 - BW's father died in India; will is destroyed very shortly thereafter
- October 2018 - BW indicted on federal fraud charges for selling fake Andy Warhol (CNN timeline)
- November 2018 - BW plead not-guilty to the charges concerning fake Andy Warhol (CNN timeline)
- October 2019 - 2nd son was born (according to AW's Instagram account)
- Dec 17, 2020 - 3rd son was born (according to AW's instagram account - name might be Brian)
- August 25th 2021 - Hans the dog was born (according to AW's Instagram)
- November 16th 2021 - "Money is Emotional" Workshop (posted on AW's instagram same day)
- December 21st 2021 - AW's mother has a medical emergency / stroke? (AW's affidavit)

IIRC, they was married on 12/21/2015 at an Episcopal Church in Boston.

Thank you for providing this! I don't know how the Timelines are typically developed and posted on Websleuths (i.e., how much background to include, whether they get pinned to top of a thread or otherwise flagged somewhere, or whether only select people are to edit them, etc), but here are some corrections, additions, and comments to some of what you posted:
- Yes, Jan '75 is BW month of birth (I think Jan 31st, but not 100% sure; his driver's license has been posted and will show it)
- April 12, 1983 is AW's birthdate (based on post in her instagram account)
- BW &AW are said to have first met in 2008 at Wheatleigh Hotel in Lenox, MA (not Boston) where she was working at the time (FOXNews article from today, and I think mentioned in one of AW's affidavits)
- I don't think she worked in Boston until 2015 or 2016
- AW & BW married December 21, 2015 in Boston (FOXNews article from today)
- 2016 or 2017 - BW's father had a stroke (I think 2016; it was noted in one of TW's friend's affidavits which I'll look for later)
- September 21, 2018 - BW's father died in India; will is destroyed very shortly thereafter
- October 2018 - BW indicted on federal fraud charges for selling fake Andy Warhol (CNN timeline)
- November 2018 - BW plead not-guilty to the charges concerning fake Andy Warhol (CNN timeline)
- October 2019 - 2nd son was born (according to AW's Instagram account)
- Dec 17, 2020 - 3rd son was born (according to AW's instagram account - name might be Brian)
- August 25th 2021 - Hans the dog was born (according to AW's Instagram)
- November 16th 2021 - "Money is Emotional" Workshop (posted on AW's instagram same day)
- December 21st 2021 - AW's mother has a medical emergency / stroke? (AW's affidavit)
Thank you for your input!
I'll incorporate this info and repost the timeline tomorrow.

I don't think it's been confirmed that BW was subject of the 2014 complaint to police; I don't believe he was named in the complaint as the person who made the threat.

AW received a 2015 Maserati on Valentine's Day of 2019, according to her Instagram post.

They were married in Boston on 12/21/2015.

I'm not familiar with when and where they lived or worked.

This article from today has a little bit more on two of above topics.

Ana Walshe’s final chilling note to husband revealed: ‘Courage, love, perseverance…’​

"Ana's final note"

Who are you referring to? Certainly NOT Ana I hope.
The news referred to it as "Ana's final note", it was a quote and I think it's probably not inaccurate.

I don't know if it was her final note, but I certainly don't think she is alive.

The assistant couldn’t see the authentication stamps from the Warhol Foundation because a frame was covering the backs of the paintings. She sent a photo of the paintings to her boss, who was waiting in the car, and he approved the transaction. However, after the Revolver Gallery employees compared the pictures they had originally seen of the paintings on eBay to the works they had in their hands, they saw significant differences and demanded a refund.
The forged paintings had no authentication stamps. They appeared only in the photographs of the genuine Warhols. Therefore, "he was that good" seems rather a face-saving evaluation. "I was that careless" seems closer to the truth.
If you read the court transcripts (Cr. No. 18-10399-DPW-1) you reach a better understanding, IMHO, about how devious BW was. He took 3 real Warhols from a friend in South Korea along with some other valuable art. BW then proceeds to hire 2 different artists to "recreate" the Warhols and sells the fakes at least twice, grossing over $200k on the fakes. To this day the FBI is not sure where the actual Warhol paintings are that BW stole from his friend.

The CA dealer who bought the fake Warhols and brought the federal suit was given pictures and documentation regarding the real Warhols because BW actually had the real ones at the time. The CA dealer paid a professional to fly to Boston and inspect the paintings in person before handing over the money. The reals were replaced by fakes that day but BW showed that dealer mostly real authenticated info on the real Warhol paintings BW had in his posession.

MOO, BW was not fleecing some "rubes" but was able to successfully sell the exact same Warhol art to very well informed art investors in CA (fakes) and France (fakes) and sell the real ones someplace else nobody in the world knows where. The CA art dealer who brought the federal suit against BW did hours of due diligence hand in hand with the Warhol Foundation to authenticate what he was buying before he wrote the check.

I hate to give him credit but BW was a very good con man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl