MA MA - Angelo 'Andy' Puglisi, 10, Lawrence, 21 Aug 1976 *POI died in prison 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched this with my sister today. It's heartbreaking .
The interview with Chapman is very disturbing . This guy is probably one of the most evil people you will ever hear .

I think he's the bad guy here.

I've looked at this site before.

Where is this documentary being aired?

There is no info about that on the site...

It's on Cinemax. I asked my sister to save it on her TiVo thing.

We were watching this while her kids were packing for vacation and I didn't think my nephew was listening . He says at the end "So Did they ever find the dog?" OMG!!!! I don't know what was more disturbing. My sister and I just looked at eachother.:slap:

My friend recorded it for me as I don't have MAX either. It was very well done. It left a lot of questions? Ithink that was the idea.

Pierce was suspected in more than 12 child-related disappearances in New England from the 1950's - 1970's;

Who are these other children?

It took Faith Puglisi of Fountain, Colorado, 30 years to come to the conclusion that her missing son most likely was murdered. Ten-year-old Angelo "Andy" Puglisi disappeared August 21, 1976, from Higgins Memorial Pool in Lawrence, about 100 yards from his front door. Several investigators and family members interviewed for last year's Cinemax documentary Have You Seen Andy? by Medford filmmaker Melanie Perkins are convinced he was stalked and abducted by a sexual predator or predators working in concert. (The case remains unsolved.) "Every now and then, I go into that room that is Andy's room in my heart, where I keep all the information and all the emotions about him," says Puglisi, a 58-year-old pediatric nurse who says she copes by compartmentalizing. "When that door pops open - and I'm starting to connect with all this emotion - there's always that risk I'm going to lose it. A lot of times, I have to slam that door shut."

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2008/02/03/return_to_me/?page=5

Angelo Gene Puglisi
Missing since August 21, 1976 from Lawrence, Essex County, Massachusetts.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 2, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 65 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Puglisi has three scars along his spine; he also has a skin discoloration on his chest.
Nickname: Andy
Medical Conditions: Puglisi is mildly epileptic.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Puglisi was last seen swimming in a public swimming pool, approximately 100 yards from his family's Lawrence, Massachusetts home on August 21, 1976.

A suspect confessed to two abductions in the New England area during the 1970's; one was the disappearance of Janice Pockett, who was apparently abducted from Tolland, Connecticut in 1973. The other abduction was that of an unidentified boy from Lawrence, Massachusetts -- whom many believe to be Puglisi.

The suspect claimed that he buried the unidentified boy in a grave near Pockett's supposed grave; these graves have never been discovered. The suspect told police that he abducted the boy believed to be Puglisi under the guise of taking him fishing.

Puglisi's mother informed authorities that her son called home at approximately 3:30 PM on the day he disappeared. She said that one of his brothers spoke to him and the conversation gave no indication that anything was amiss at that time. A lifeguard claimed he saw Puglisi wandering around the pool area at 5:45 PM; the child then disappeared.

Two excavations took place in two areas near Lawrence in 1999, both of them with the intention of searching for Puglisi's body. He was never located. Puglisi's childhood friend, Melanie Perkins, is now a filmmaker and is producing a documentary on the search for Puglisi.

Investigators
If you have information concerning Puglisi's case, please contact:

Lawrence Police Department
978-794-5925
OR
978-794-5900
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCIC Number: M-098921891
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Boston Globe On-Line
Have You Seen Andy?
CBS 4 11/3/06
The Doe Network: Case File 69DMMA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/69dmma.html

http://www.wcvb.com/news/new-search-for-missing-lawrence-boy-after-38-years/28107544

Police and K-9s searched Wednesday for evidence in the disappearance of a Lawrence boy who went missing over 38 years ago...

Investigators said the renewed search was, in part, a training exercise, but did point to advances in forensic sciences since 1976. "With the advances in forensic pathology and the area is still pretty much the same as 1976, there are still opportunities to search the area for forensic evidence," said Lawrence Police chief James Fitzpatrick...

Wednesday's search used K-9s from Vermont. No evidence was found, police said.

Did he go to the pool dressed to swim or did he change when he got there? If he did the latter then I can imagine him being attacked in the change/shower room when he was getting ready to leave. Even if he did not change there, he could have also been attacked if he went to use the restroom. I wonder if those places were thoroughly checked for evidence.

A mention of Andy here with more at the link

Chapman's sex offenses against children stretch back to the 1960's, and according to previous testimony in other cases, the actual number of victims could reach up to a hundred.
Chapman has long been suspected in the disappearance of 10-year-old Andy Puglisi from a Lawrence swimming pool in 1976. Andy's body has never been found.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/convicted-rapist-to-remain-locked-up-/29338224

http://www.lex18.com/story/32801093/lee-co-man-remembers-missing-boy

''Johnny Range says he was living on a military base back in 1976 when 10-year-old Andy Puglisi went missing from a public swimming pool in Lawrence, Massachusettes.
Range told LEX 18 that something about the case struck a nerve with him, which is why he devoted several days to helping with the search.

“I just don't like to see kids hurt. To me you can't sink any lower than to hurt a kid,” said Range.
In the past 40 years, not much has turned up.
Investigators say that Pugsli was possibly spotted walking with a man into the nearby woods."

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=disappearance of andy puglisi

An event marking the 40th anniversary of Andy's disappearance will be held on Sept. 1 at the Higgins Pool at 180 Crawford St.

Melanie Perkins McLaughlin, a childhood friend of Andy's and Emmy award-winning filmmaker, along with Massachusetts State Police, Mayor Daniel Rivera and Fitzpatrick are involved in the anniversary event.

Retired state trooper Jack Garvin, who was involved with the investigation, along with Rev. Paul O'Brien of St. Patrick's Church are both expected to attend.
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/mi...cle_8fda5ecf-6e10-568f-bd93-a98a952d7d1e.html

Today is August 21, 2016. Angelo “Andy” Puglisi would have been 50 years now. He has been gone – still officially a missing person but a suspected homicide victim -- for four times as long as he was known to have lived.
Beginning today, and over the next few weeks, the Lawrence Police and the Massachusetts State Police will undertake an effort to return Andy’s disappearance to the forefront of the public consciousness. Part of that effort is the attached video featuring Lawrence Police Chief James Fitzgerald, retired Massachusetts State Police investigator Jack Garvin, and Andy’s childhood friend Melanie Perkins, the documentary filmmaker who has done more than any other to keep Andy’s case in the public eye.

https://www.facebook.com/MassStatePolice/posts/1086786451405337

still missing:

puglisi-angelopng-39e89a112b742a08.png

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/110_missing_children_from_mass.html

Bumping for Andy,

I suspect that WC is guilty of murdering him.

Satch

Bumping for Andy,

I suspect that WC is guilty of murdering him.

Satch

I agree. I haven't seen the docu in ages, in fact I might still have it saved on my computer, need to check. But anyway, I came away from the docu thinking the same thing "that creep killed that beautiful child and left him in the woods." I remember at the end of the docu they did a search using ground penetrating radar and they found some anomalies in the scan that indicated a possible burial, the scans were sent to MA State Police for possible digs and the MA State Police said they didn't have any money to dig in the spots. I was absolutely disgusted, how could you not dig and check if he's there. They seemed very nonchalant and disinterested in actually finding that boy. Made me very suspicious, why would the state police want to keep this child missing?

Bumping for Andy, here is a recent article about Wayne Chapman, who was set to be released. From the article:

"Chapman was also considered a suspect in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Lawrence boy. Angelo "Andy" Puglisi vanished from a public swimming pool in 1976. Chapman was never charged"

Convicted child rapist accused of lewd acts in prison, DOC says

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC