MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone speak to why they would not be able to determine COD?

She died in a way that is not visible by examination of the body. For example, they can tell she wasn't strangled, wasn't hit on the head, didn't drown.

What options does that leave us? Drugs? Suffocated in a way that didn't leave a mark? IDK.

JMO.

She died in a way that is not visible by examination of the body. For example, they can tell she wasn't strangled, wasn't hit on the head, didn't drown.

What options does that leave us? Drugs? Suffocated in a way that didn't leave a mark? IDK.

JMO.

Poor baby.. This is just so sad.

My guesses are- this toddler belonged to a woman who was either kidnapped or forced into a human trafficking situation, and someone "discarded" her. It would be a good idea to post the poster of her and info in Eastern European neighborhoods in the region. (With a Cyrillic translation of the info.)

Or the poor kid was killed by a parent or parental figures and she/they skipped town after dumping her body. More common a fate for small children than we all want to admit....

I think you have a good idea to pass out flyers in areas with non English speakers and given then amount of time no one has reported this little girl missing ANYTHING is possible and longer it goes on the more I begin to think WAY outside the box. I think the mother child abduction could be possible with mother dead or not able to come forward. Then I think of the blanket, water, etc and I think it was a woman / mother figure who placed her on the beach. What I don't understand is how no one has recognized this child. Do you think that the artist's picture of her is 'Off' to such a degree that people are not able to tie her with a living child they knew? Or is she a child that no one has asked about yet? Single Parent? IDK this one haunts me.

I think you have a good idea to pass out flyers in areas with non English speakers and given then amount of time no one has reported this little girl missing ANYTHING is possible and longer it goes on the more I begin to think WAY outside the box. I think the mother child abduction could be possible with mother dead or not able to come forward. Then I think of the blanket, water, etc and I think it was a woman / mother figure who placed her on the beach. What I don't understand is how no one has recognized this child. Do you think that the artist's picture of her is 'Off' to such a degree that people are not able to tie her with a living child they knew? Or is she a child that no one has asked about yet? Single Parent? IDK this one haunts me.

BBM, Look at this thread and how many children resemble this little girl. That makes me think that you are onto something. Possibly no unique features is not helping this little girl get her name back. Brown hair, brown eyes, round cheeks and cute as a button aren't super specific. No freckles, moles, birth marks, etc. Looking at what makes my kids unique from other kids with similar features that only they would have I'd think birth mark, scars, chipped tooth.

Don't want to argue about this, but care to provide a source for this beyond anecdotal observations?
And its not like those that came in for the reasons you describe above, via a student or tourist visa, would be coming via shipping container.

It was on Fox Boston a few weeks ago -- the video doesn't seem to be on line any more. It wasn't really relevant to my point. Sometimes my brain puts in random asides...

JMO.

Perhaps she died a natural death and her parent or whoever was taking care of her freaked out, thought they were going to get in trouble or something, and dumped her in the ocean? Maybe even a poor family that couldn't afford health care or burial expenses? Not saying I believe that's what happened but the possibility at least has to be considered.

BBM, Look at this thread and how many children resemble this little girl. That makes me think that you are onto something. Possibly no unique features is not helping this little girl get her name back. Brown hair, brown eyes, round cheeks and cute as a button aren't super specific. No freckles, moles, birth marks, etc. Looking at what makes my kids unique from other kids with similar features that only they would have I'd think birth mark, scars, chipped tooth.

Facial expressions, attitude, smile, laugh, behavior, but IMO so many 4 year olds do look similar. I think her look is so common for that age. So the hair, eyes, blanket and not having been seen recently may jog a memory.

Any teachers have a though on how so many toddlers can seem so similar? Curious.

MOO

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29...vetting-tips-as-search-for-baby-doe-continues

"Police say they received a call from France from a concerned father. That child was located safely. They are also chasing down a lead in Mexico and say they are working to spread the information about this child to the Spanish speaking community."

I had seen the story of the man in France. Glad his daughter was located safely. I wonder if Mexico lead is the little girl who was widely circulated (but I thought had since been discounted)

I do not see 'Hispanic' in the composite drawing of this girl.....

Classito

They did say it is possible she is Hispanic though... so they must not be 100% sure.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2015/07/02/body/103hZpmElc7AzasoD5lWTL/story.html

Also if she is 1/4 or 1/2 Hispanic you may not be able to tell.
I actually have a friend I didn't know was Hispanic until she had a baby and HE looked Hispanic. :facepalm: :giggle:
She still teases me about it 12 years later. :rolleyes:

BBM
Facial expressions, attitude, smile, laugh, behavior, but IMO so many 4 year olds do look similar. I think her look is so common for that age. So the hair, eyes, blanket and not having been seen recently may jog a memory.

Any teachers have a though on how so many toddlers can seem so similar? Curious.

MOO

That's my problem with the image. She had an all but "twinnish" look to the little girl the mother hadn't seen in a few years.

The overall shape of her face, her eyes, eyebrows and chubby cheeks I see striking similarities to my mother at the same age.

She greatly resembles 4/5 of my godfather's daughters and 2/4 of his granddaughters.

She has one of those "classic looks" for lack of any better way to describe it.

Perhaps I've had some kind of unknown luck with my son's doctors and nurses over the years, where they always recognized him on sight.

15-20 years later my son occasionally runs into his first pediatrician and that doctor immediately calls him by name.

I know how "out there" this sounds, but I'm starting to think the parent(s) may be away on an extended vacation and left her with a caretaker. (Trying to retain a sliver of positivity that the parent(s) aren't deceased.)

I know a woman who worked as a live in nanny/housekeeper. It's shocking at the number of parents who leave the country with the nanny/caretaker in charge of the kids.

It hasn't been that long ago that parents had gone to Africa with their other children for several months and left an uncle to care for the ones they left behind.

Sadly it happens.

What I don't understand is how no one has recognized this child. Do you think that the artist's picture of her is 'Off' to such a degree that people are not able to tie her with a living child they knew?

I had wondered this as well. Something like the shape of her eyes could be off just enough that it makes her look entirely different. I had also wondered how many people looked at the composite and said "wow, that looks like the neighbor's daughter" or "that looks like my boss Kevin's daughter" or "that looks like my grand baby", but simply figured it couldn't be for any number of reasons.

Officials: Family may know about Mass. "Baby Doe's" death

The child's body didn't show any apparent signs of trauma and it's not clear whether or not she was murdered, Procopio told Crimesider. However, after her information was shared with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and state and local jurisdictions across the country, Procopio said state police can't find any corresponding missing persons reports.

A preliminary autopsy has been completed, but toxicology results are still pending, Procopio said. The state police crime lab has begun the process of extracting DNA, working with an academic lab, though results could take some time, he said. The child's DNA would then be compared to state databases that require DNA sample submission for those convicted of certain crimes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/officials-family-may-know-about-massachusetts-baby-does-death/

Officials: Family may know about Mass. "Baby Doe's" death

The child's body didn't show any apparent signs of trauma and it's not clear whether or not she was murdered, Procopio told Crimesider. However, after her information was shared with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and state and local jurisdictions across the country, Procopio said state police can't find any corresponding missing persons reports.

A preliminary autopsy has been completed, but toxicology results are still pending, Procopio said. The state police crime lab has begun the process of extracting DNA, working with an academic lab, though results could take some time, he said. The child's DNA would then be compared to state databases that require DNA sample submission for those convicted of certain crimes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/officials-family-may-know-about-massachusetts-baby-does-death/

How could they not be clear if she was murdered?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a new poster (??) It's the same one that's been circulating.

Note to self, do not post before finishing first cup of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem