MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's going to end up being her parents or people who were supposed to be caring for her that put her in a trash bag and threw her away! Im thinking if this little girl had been recently abducted it would have already been solved. Of course the perpetrators, her parents or gaurdians, aren't going to speak up. It's going to take someone else stepping up, being observant and getting involved. This little girl needs people to start asking questions, inquiring about where their neighbor's child went? What happened to the little girl from our building development who always USED to play outside, but is suddenly gone? How come we never see that lady from works little girl around any more, no new pics on FB? Although most probably have a valid explanation.... SOMEONE doesn't.

The other thing is, I've read people ruling out this one or that because she doesn't "look like" the little girl in the picture. People need to remember, that this is a computer generated picture. It's not gaurenteed to be an IDENTICAL match, she may have even been Hispanic.

I was under the impression that it was confirmed that Maggie was in Mexico and mom even got a new pictures. I was pretty sure it was her as well but once the mom said she was ruled out and had new picture I gave up on that angle. I have mom on my FB I'm thinking about asking her what she thinks. She said many time the girl in the picture was identical to her daughter. Story I got was that ex and family are in Mexico but I will double check. Grandma said she talked to Maggie on the phone

How would she know the picture was from this week? How would she know they are telling her the truth? How does she know that the child she talked to is hers? I would not take the word of someone who is keeping my child from me.

Mothers bring their children to watery graves, almost a womblike environment. Loved ones also will swaddle their children, bury them with a cozy blanket or favorite toy or clothing. It also seems to me that the person who did this is not a criminal and subconciously feels guilt and wants to get caught because they made no effort to cover their crime. They simply protected the childs body from the water with the plastic bag and comforted the child with a blanket...both acts of caring.

That sound so lovely and Romantic. Unfortunately there is nothing lovely about a dead baby wrapped in a garbage bag, tossed near a water treatment plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they wanted to get caught they'd turn themselves in. Protected? Are you serious? She was tossed in a trash bag like garbage.

I think what the OP was trying to say by "protected" is that the trash bag somewhat protected the child's body from the watery element. From a profiling perspective, I would think it would be significant that this little girl's body was put in a garbage bag and not just dumped in the water on its own.

HTH

ETA to me, the [act of wrapping her in the] blanket and [then putting her blanket-wrapped body in] the garbage bag both seem like signs of someone who knew this child in more than a passing way.

I think she could get custody but he left with the little girl when she was under a year old and they parents were married. His family kept in touch with mom until one year ago. She did not know where they were at but thought Mexico. Mom said the little girl in picture is identical to her daughter. I just don't feel like police have fully investigated this lead but if grandma is convinced then I guess we should be too. From what I could tell his family will take calls from grandma but not mom and police called grandma but not mom. A little but hinky but probably true.

Keep in mind that we don't know the whole story. It's possible that the father had good reason to take his daughter away.

How would she know the picture was from this week? How would she know they are telling her the truth? How does she know that the child she talked to is hers? I would not take the word of someone who is keeping my child from me.

The picture was dated July 7th with the little girl holding a paper with the date on it. (See my post with new picture) I don't think they took anyone's word for it. Mom also talked to her little girl and the little girl will be coming to live with mom and right now dad is agreeing.

I'm convinced that baby girl found is not Maggie. Need to focus on other children..... but because she looked so much like Maggie the baby girl find quite probably is Hispanic or part Hispanic IMO

If they wanted to get caught they'd turn themselves in. Protected? Are you serious? She was tossed in a trash bag like garbage.

What if... She died accidentally or from natural causes. Parents are illegal, possibly speak little or no English. They are afraid that coming forward will get them deported - possibly to a place where they are in danger - and perhaps they have other children they are trying to protect.

Another thought... different cultures have different burial customs. Are there any central/south american cultures with a custom of water burial?

You've watched Taken too many times. I have worked in human trafficking research and that is not at ALL how it happens. That stupid movie has really skewed perceptions about how the trafficking trade works. They are not going to take a woman with a kid, first of all.
OT but I Did LOL at this in self-reflection; I've watched so many new and repeat episodes of the TV show "Snapped",
my husband has even commented more than once he thinks I may be plotting his death (evil laugh)!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What if... She died accidentally or from natural causes. Parents are illegal, possibly speak little or no English. They are afraid that coming forward will get them deported - possibly to a place where they are in danger - and perhaps they have other children they are trying to protect.

Another thought... different cultures have different burial customs. Are there any central/south american cultures with a custom of water burial?

I agree with the illegal theory and also that she might have had accident or natural death.
I like the idea and am looking into water burials.
I know Tibet has that custom and I saw picture of the wrapping of the body and it gave me chills.
I think you may be on the right track and will look into this more when I get a little time
Thanks for posting this.

I think what the OP was trying to say by "protected" is that the trash bag somewhat protected the child's body from the watery element. From a profiling perspective, I would think it would be significant that this little girl's body was put in a garbage bag and not just dumped in the water on its own.

HTH

ETA to me, the [act of wrapping her in the] blanket and [then putting her blanket-wrapped body in] the garbage bag both seem like signs of someone who knew this child in more than a passing way.

Possible. Also possible the blanket held evidence or made transport easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the illegal theory and also that she might have had accident or natural death.
I like the idea and am looking into water burials.
I know Tibet has that custom and I saw picture of the wrapping of the body and it gave me chills.
I think you may be on the right track and will look into this more when I get a little time
Thanks for posting this.

Yeah, it occurred to me that what we're seeing as "throwing her away like trash" might be as close as someone could manage to the customs of their homeland/ancestors.

If their community/family/friends feel that the parents did the best they could for the child, they're not going to go to the police.

My statement has nothing to do with the movie. It's well known that immigrant women are often co-erced into human trafficking activities. I am not even sure what you are talking about....anyways if the mother of this toddler had a debt to someone they might have separated her from her child and ...well something unfortunate might have happened. This is just speculation. edit to add- the airport being nearby makes it all so much more complicated....
Whyming I agree and previously noted this in a post. As they have not determined if this child is Caucasian or Hispanic, we must still rule in Hispanic and consider that although all races and nationalities are often born US Citizens, there are some that are here illegally.

Professionally, I work come into contact with undocumented people from all nationalities on a daily basis. And quite often, they are quite scared to seek out government or community help. For the most part, they rely on their self, their immediate and extended families, and their cultural communities (if they've lived in the US long enough to have family and cultural community ties).

I dare to think what choice an undocumented young mother with a child new to our country would face if her child became ill and she was afraid to seek medical assistance, and even worse, if that child died. Who would she turn to? She has no one? If she comes forward, she fears deportation.

I honestly can't say that if I was alone, afraid, poor, and knew no one in a strange country, I may choose to lovingly place my child in a blanket to be found like this. It may not be as sinister as we tend to think...

Honstly,it's possible that it's not illegals. It could be someone new to the area with family that doesn't use social media. When we first moved across the country, we knew no one. Our families were 2000 miles away and none of my family knew my youngest well enough to pick an computer generated picture as being of her. And none of her living grandparents use social media. It would have been very possible for her to be gone for months before anyone in our family realized it.
Just throwing out another scenario.

My husband was hoping that they'd extract DNA and compare it with criminal data bases. Glad to see on a post above that they're planning on doing just that.
Ray, I also think its wonderful how DNA typing can potentially tell the family 2nd and 3rd cousins etc nowadays in some cases. Even more helpful, teeth genetics can determine the genetic area this child has been living. Preferably this child's caretaker will be found soon, but if not perhaps their is hope that they can zero in later.

I haven't seen this touched on yet, but we have a VERY large Portuguese population not too far away. Fall River and New Bedford, MA in particular. We're assuming Hispanic means Mexican, but if she is from this area, there is a very good chance she'd have some Portuguese in her.

As far as the escapees DNA.. The police had both of their DNA matches on file. They KNEW who they were looking for., and had something to compare possible matches to. This is a little girl. They are working with nothing, so any DNA pulled from her will be a mix of two separate DNA profiles. We don't know if her parents' DNA is even on file anywhere, so they are looking for a needle that may or may not have fallen into a haystack, in a haystack factory..somewhere in the world.

I haven't seen this touched on yet, but we have a VERY large Portuguese population not too far away. Fall River and New Bedford, MA in particular. We're assuming Hispanic means Mexican, but if she is from this area, there is a very good chance she'd have some Portuguese in her.

Yes, several people have posted about this and Azores's with a direct flight also. I think this is strong possibility and when I mentioned Hispanic I did not mean Mexican. It fact she looks to be a very light skinned child. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member