GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I think that adding this other charge implies to the jury that the judge believes this is what MM should be charged with. MOO

I agree, that's what it looks like. I mean seriously, it's as if they said "oh this isn't going the way we planned, so let's just switch it up".

They've got the wrong person on trial. I hope the jury doesn't deem RB credible because that would be no type of justice for our Bella. It's enough that the judge has no sense.

This is one of the most extremely frustrating cases I've followed. Bella had no help from those who were supposed to protect her in life and now no help from those in charge of justice for her death.

"I wish Shapiro had a stronger voice and more commanding style in the courtroom. Maybe he'll bring his A game tomorrow." gcharlie
I agree. I started watching this late in the game as I am new to Websleuths. I wasn't really sure what to make of the defense attorney. I looked him up and he has much experience and some high profile cases, but he doesn't come across very well.

"I wish Shapiro had a stronger voice and more commanding style in the courtroom. Maybe he'll bring his A game tomorrow." gcharlie
I agree. I started watching this late in the game as I am new to Websleuths. I wasn't really sure what to make of the defense attorney. I looked him up and he has much experience and some high profile cases, but he doesn't come across very well.

:welcome4:

Let's just hope there are a majority of jurors who think as we do. Where is the proof except what RB says? Of course she was in CYOA mode and would have thrown anyone she had to under the bus.

This judge is clueless. I've not seen a judge this clueless or biased since the Arias trial! Shapiro had better keep hammering on Reasonable Doubt in his closing because there is plenty of it. A Fair trial is so important in our system. This one was not fair because of the biased judge and the case not being properly charged, IMO.

Is RB out of jail yet? Does anyone know?

Let's just hope there are a majority of jurors who think as we do. Where is the proof except what RB says? Of course she was in CYOA mode and would have thrown anyone she had to under the bus.

This judge is clueless. I've not seen a judge this clueless or biased since the Arias trial! Shapiro had better keep hammering on Reasonable Doubt in his closing because there is plenty of it. A Fair trial is so important in our system. This one was not fair because of the biased judge and the case not being properly charged, IMO.

There is no proof. But sometimes jurors will say "someone" is responsible so it must be MM....maybe not murder but now that manslaughter is on the table...who knows! I have followed JAs trial and I get what you are talking about. I follow CA's from day one, JA's and AH's...just so heartbreaking justice was not served enough in either trial. Wether MM is found guilty or not....we all know who the real killer is and unfortunately, she is not on trial!

I had to separate myself from the case here. I want justice for Bella.

I prayed today for a hung jury as the only way for Bella to at least get on a path toward justice. Manslaughter against MM is not justice.
I believe a hung jury is the only way for RB's plead deal to not be finalized. I believe the testimony shows that she was neither cooperative nor truthful in her testimony. With that, judicial responsibility for that now rests on the jury. That is sad, IMO

One example is that constitutionally, the accused must be 'presumed', that is treated by the State, as if they are " innocent until proven guilty" In court. Every time the defense said " you say" he killed Bella, she reiterated uncooperatively and interruptedly " He DID kill her. He killed her. He killed her. as of the allegation were established already. Yes it's her opinion but in the court it is an allegation to be proven beyond reasonable doubt by the prosecuting attorney.

I believe they both killed Bella together. I think the forensics and the investigation show that and that evidence has been ignored by the Commonwealth.

Trying to get my links up but having trouble with a paywall with the Globe.

The saliva, the semen and the cadaver dogs, as well as the autopsy show that Bella's death was not caused by a punch but by asphyxia that cannot be shown by cellular examination. - burking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphyxia

RB testified that Bella had been sleeping in her room before moving Bella bed to a room by herself at some point. The back bedroom.
I do believe Bella had trouble adjusting to the change. I believe she was fussy one night. Maybe most nights. I believe the solution was to put Bella in mama's bed.

My theory based on the evidence we have is that they had sex in the bed and Bella was present. In their drug induced haze they were on her or rolled over her somehow smothering her. I would believe that they didn't know until later and that's when RB started formulating her defense including confusing Bella's TOD by refrigeration.

Saliva in the rape kit and semen on the blanket, etc. The cadaver dog alerting on the fridge. The lack of injury that would corroborate a punch in the belly.

That bella died by burking asphyxia has been and is now my theory as to how she died.

At least this link so far. - http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...563.html?_osource=nav: watch livestream hover

Also - "A cadaver dog brought to the house later indicated that it smelled something on the refrigerator.[35]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_Bond_murder_case

"David Deakin, the assistant district attorney prosecuting the case, asked for bail to be set at a million dollars, cash. Bassil suggested that the amount was ridiculous—“Any bail would hold her”—but she didn’t contest it. Deakin summarized the case, at length. In Bond’s apartment, “a cadaver-trained dog alerted to the hinge area of the refrigerator.” In the harbor, divers found the duffel bag and the weights. He recounted Bond’s criminal history. "
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/02/01/baby-doe

"Scott testified she did a sex assault kit on Bond’s remains that was negative for semen but positive for saliva.

She also testified the zebra print blanket Bond was wrapped in tested positive for saliva and semen, and that she tested two stains on the polka dot leggings Bond was found wearing.

"The stain on the knee area was positive for the presence of semen and I took a small portion of the stain on the knee and the stain in the rear crotch area of the pants that was white and extracted those for sperm cells and what were the results of those extractions – those were negative,” Scott said.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...563.html?_osource=nav: watch livestream hover

Sorry. I nwould get it better organized but my daughter is taking me to dinner.

They had sex on her bed and smothered her is my theory. My hope is a hung jury and reversing of RB's plea deal.

Does the jury get the case to tomorrow? Sorry I jumped ahead. Eager. Lol. Will read back after dinner :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to separate myself from the case here. I want justice for Bella.

I prayed today for a hung jury as the only way for Bella to at least get on a path toward justice. Manslaughter against MM is not justice.
I believe a hung jury is the only way for RB's plead deal to not be finalized. I believe the testimony shows that she was neither cooperative nor truthful in her testimony. With that, judicial responsibility for that now rests on the jury. That is sad, IMO

One example is that constitutionally, the accused must be 'presumed', that is treated by the State, as if they are " innocent until proven guilty" In court. Every time the defense said " you say" he killed Bella, she reiterated uncooperatively and interruptedly " He DID kill her. He killed her. He killed her. as of the allegation were established already. Yes it's her opinion but in the court it is an allegation to be proven beyond reasonable doubt by the prosecuting attorney.

I believe they both killed Bella together. I think the forensics and the investigation show that and that evidence has been ignored by the Commonwealth.

Trying to get my links up but having trouble with a paywall with the Globe.

The saliva, the semen and the cadaver dogs, as well as the autopsy show that Bella's death was not caused by a punch but by asphyxia that cannot be shown by cellular examination. - burking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphyxia

RB testified that Bella had been sleeping in her room before moving Bella bed to a room by herself at some point. The back bedroom.
I do believe Bella had trouble adjusting to the change. I believe she was fussy one night. Maybe most nights. I believe the solution was to put Bella in mama's bed.

My theory based on the evidence we have is that they had sex in the bed and Bella was present. In their drug induced haze they were on her or rolled over her somehow smothering her. I would believe that they didn't know until later and that's when RB started formulating her defense including confusing Bella's TOD by refrigeration.

Saliva in the rape kit and semen on the blanket, etc. The cadaver dog alerting on the fridge. The lack of injury that would corroborate a punch in the belly.

That bella died by burking asphyxia has been and is now my theory as to how she died.

At least this link so far. - http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...563.html?_osource=nav: watch livestream hover

Also - "A cadaver dog brought to the house later indicated that it smelled something on the refrigerator.[35]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_Bond_murder_case

"David Deakin, the assistant district attorney prosecuting the case, asked for bail to be set at a million dollars, cash. Bassil suggested that the amount was ridiculous—“Any bail would hold her”—but she didn’t contest it. Deakin summarized the case, at length. In Bond’s apartment, “a cadaver-trained dog alerted to the hinge area of the refrigerator.” In the harbor, divers found the duffel bag and the weights. He recounted Bond’s criminal history. "
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/02/01/baby-doe

"Scott testified she did a sex assault kit on Bond’s remains that was negative for semen but positive for saliva.

She also testified the zebra print blanket Bond was wrapped in tested positive for saliva and semen, and that she tested two stains on the polka dot leggings Bond was found wearing.

"The stain on the knee area was positive for the presence of semen and I took a small portion of the stain on the knee and the stain in the rear crotch area of the pants that was white and extracted those for sperm cells and what were the results of those extractions – those were negative,” Scott said.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...563.html?_osource=nav: watch livestream hover

Sorry. I nwould get it better organized but my daughter is taking me to dinner.

They had sex on her bed and smothered her is my theory. My hope is a hung jury and reversing of RB's plea deal.

I agree with everything you said!

There is none. And to be honest, as much as I can think MM was a crappy stepfather and has some serious issues, I would not be able to convict based on this "evidence". No way.

Sorry, I don't know if I'm tired or just not getting...what is back on?

Sorry to respond so late, but had to leave. The charging conference with attorneys/judge continued at 3:00 and was back on.

Thank you!!!!! I'm nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many Moms of their murdered children get a free pass. Even if he had a hand in this, killed her by accident. I hold her more accountable. She already got three kids taken away. I would have protected my child with every bone in my body. Why would she bring a heroin addict guy who was a stranger she picked up off the street around her little girl? What idiot woman would allow someone she called a devil worshipper continue to live in the same apt as her baby girl and continue a love relationship with a man she claims killed her baby? I raised my two sons now 28 and 35 mostly as a single mom. I am repulsed by that low class person who was supposed to be a mom and protect her baby girl from harms way. Shes a poor excuse of a loving parent. She doesnt know what love means. Shes too messed up in the head.

I feel this is her fault even if he accidently killed her. She should never allowed him around her in the first place. Its RB fault this happened.

Amonet, you last post on the other thread was right on. Completely agree with everything you said.

I gather most of us think MM should be found not guilty based on what was presented in court.

Yes, I know this guy is no saint but he's no killer.
If he is convicted it's another tragedy.
RB should have been charged but he shouldn't be convicted just because they didn't charge her.
I hate cases where testimony is all they have. It's not enough to take someone's freedom for decades!

That verdict form is going to confuse the jurors as Shapiro stated but I believe thats what the judge intended. She wants a conviction so CW wont look like idiots. Manslaughter should not have been added. Casey Anthony had some good evidence against her and no manslaughter charge added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar