GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does saliva end up showing with a rape kit?

I did not watch all the videos of the trial. Did Shapiro do a good job dismantling RB's credibility?
Was evidence that she lost other child allowed?
Her drug use was brought up I know that, but what in court did the jurors see on the bad side of RB? Just the drugs and her poor choice in men?
Did they hear that she kept cashing Bella's welfare checks?
What perception does the jury have? Do they know as much as we do?

How does saliva end up showing with a rape kit?
Who's saliva was it? RB's, MM's, Sprinskys, Bellas, a stranger? They never said who the sperm belonged to either. With all those peeps MM said stayed over the apt couldn't it be anyone's?

I'm so frustrated with this trial I couldn't watch today

To the best of my knowledge they did not say who's sperm it was or if it was even tested for a match. Or with the saliva. I may have missed that?

To the best of my knowledge they did not say who's sperm it was or if it was even tested for a match. Or with the saliva. I may have missed that?
IMO Which goes to what Shaprio said, that no other investigation was done once RB threw MM under the bus.

Holding onto faith that the jury will do the right thing here. I remember hearing a juror from the Casey Anthony trial, to paraphrase, said something along the lines of yes, they believed she was guilty but the bottom line was that the prosecution failed to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt within that courtroom, so they couldn't convict.

I didn't follow the trial on that case so I don't know, but it says to me that for the most part, jurors do take their responsibility very seriously and rule according to the evidence presented and the law, rather than just what they might feel like.

So, therefore hoping that this jury will see that the prosecution in this case has not even come close to proving their case.

Of course, people have been wrongly convicted, so ... that could all be moot.

And Shapiro, the most irritating lawyer I've ever listened to, but also one of the best! He's very good at what he does.

It will be very interesting to see the results.

I don't know what happened to Bella Bond, but I definitely believe the prosecution has not proven their case and that the jury should find "Not Guilty".

Too many Moms of their murdered children get a free pass. Even if he had a hand in this, killed her by accident. I hold her more accountable. She already got three kids taken away. I would have protected my child with every bone in my body. Why would she bring a heroin addict guy who was a stranger she picked up off the street around her little girl? What idiot woman would allow someone she called a devil worshipper continue to live in the same apt as her baby girl and continue a love relationship with a man she claims killed her baby? I raised my two sons now 28 and 35 mostly as a single mom. I am repulsed by that low class person who was supposed to be a mom and protect her baby girl from harms way. Shes a poor excuse of a loving parent. She doesnt know what love means. Shes too messed up in the head.

I feel this is her fault even if he accidently killed her. She should never allowed him around her in the first place. Its RB fault this happened.

Completely agree. Wasn't MM the 3rd man she let stay there? She is just.............

Who's saliva was it? RB's, MM's, Sprinskys, Bellas, a stranger? They never said who the sperm belonged to either. With all those peeps MM said stayed over the apt couldn't it be anyone's?

I'm so frustrated with this trial I couldn't watch today

I wanted to reply to Steleheart's post. I think there was a terrible lack of expert analysis of what could be implied from the evidence of all of the various stains and the processing results of those stains.

I think as a result of that that Steleheart might have read way too much into those semen stains. A stain on the knee of the leggings might simply mean that a male slept on a bed or couch and then Bella crawled over that surface soon after the male had awoken (or had sexual activity). We haven't really been told how closely those stains might tie into Bella's time of death or place of death, so I would be very wary of reading too much into that without an expert helping us to understand possible and reasonable implications of those stains and the results of the processing.

The saliva from the external genital swab belonged to Bella. When the DNA processing chart was up on the screen I paused it and looked down each column to assess it myself. Everything on that chart was consistent with Bella's DNA, and there was so much consistency that it didn't appear that it could be Rachelle's DNA. Even though Bella and Rachelle will share half their DNA by looking at those results there was no sign the DNA could have come from Rachelle.

How does saliva get there? I imagine it's just normal for a two-year old to suck their thumb, lick their fingers, not wash their hands, and then use the bathroom or touch their own body in various places?

I guess it's normal procedure to test for the presence of saliva on genital areas when a rape kit is done?

The fingernail scrapings were also on the same chart, and again they only showed Bella's DNA...no sign that Bella had scratched someone else in trying to fight off someone who was trying to hurt her.

been away and catching up...cw proved nothing...zero...zip however I am concerned that jury will want someone to be held accountable (at least some) and there will be a hung jury....or worse convict him because someone needs to pay for this and they have all the knowledge that RB will walk after this trial....so just to get somebody will they go for MM?

in the reflection of certain exhibits you can clearly see very few people in the gallery...anyone know if anyone is there for Bella? For MM. Sad.

been away and catching up...cw proved nothing...zero...zip however I am concerned that jury will want someone to be held accountable (at least some) and there will be a hung jury....or worse convict him because someone needs to pay for this and they have all the knowledge that RB will walk after this trial....so just to get somebody will they go for MM?

I would also be concerned that in their desire for someone to 'pay' for the death of a little innocent child that the jury might end up feeling that the lesser charge would at least ensure that MM doesn't walk free even if they have reasonable doubt for the murder charge?

I have a lot of doubts over this demon talk. In Sprinsky's testimony he said he saw MM shut Bella into the closet and he was asked if MM said why he'd done that. Sprinsky said he 'knew' MM had done that because he thought Bella was a demon. Yet RB said MM told her he'd done it because Bella was "being fresh with him".

MM may also have a predisposition to calling young children 'demons' in the same way that others might use the word 'brats'.

So whoever did cause Bella's death, I think it was more likely manslaughter in the sense that they were annoyed by Bella not going to sleep, got frustrated, and the result was Bella's death.

Most times when I read about male partners/fathers killing a child in this situation, though, it's usually quite violent with the child being heavily beaten, shaken, and sometimes thrown.

I don't think we saw (but the jury did) the image of the bruised area on Bella's abdomen. I would be curious if that lines up reasonably with the diaphragm....one of them might have carried Bella back to the bedroom holding her tightly by her arms (leaving the marks on just behind the elbows on each arm?) and then put her roughly on the bed and put a hand on her chest/abdomen area with the ball of the hand quite firm and ended up breaking Bella's breathing circulation? Would that be reasonable? (I obviously don't mean a reasonable way to treat a child but a reasonable explanation for the marks on the body combined with the fact that Bella is deceased).

I think Shapiro tried, though not very well, to suggest to the ME that the second condition offered as possible cause of death (the one where the heart stops suddenly due to a blow) would probably require a much firmer sharper blow, such as that from a thrown football or baseball type object that's been thrown with force behind it....I'm not clear whether or not either of them could have produced such a force in that bedroom situation, and for heavy force to not produce broken bones? Again, I think there has been a severe lack of technical analysis of what can reasonably be implied from the medical/DNA data. It's an awkward situation because you can often find an expert to testify to almost any implication, yet at the same time laypeople do need assistance in understanding what is or isn't a reasonable implication to draw from the evidence presented to them.

The fact they didn't find out who checked out the library books and just ASSumed they were MM's is so incredibly frustrating to me. How do they not go that one extra step?!?

The fact they didn't find out who checked out the library books and just ASSumed they were MM's is so incredibly frustrating to me. How do they not go that one extra step?!?

That bothered me and I still want to know!!

Noise in the courtroom! Hope they will be underway soon.

Justice for Baby Bella! Real justice and that is not a guilty verdict IMO.

And did he even have a library card?? What about RB?

Won't be able to post tweets - leaving in a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar