MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see any reason to believe a word she says. And I dont see any other evidence that supports her claims. So I have to say I am at a loss to understand why the police so quickly seem to have believed her version of what happened.

I dont know that they do. I think they are just going with what they have for now. It is early in. Yet I realize there may never be anything beyond her word. For now get these 2 behind bars and go from there.

The mother looks pure evil. MM's change in appearance from what looked like a clean cut preppy boy to someone ravaged by drugs is shocking. He looked too fried to have planned much more than his next fix.

Wait until trial time. They are both going to look like college students.

I dont know that they do. I think they are just going with what they have for now. It is early in. Yet I realize there may never be anything beyond her word. For now get these 2 behind bars and go from there.

I still believe that LE is not buying her story and this arraignment is just to keep them both locked up. Her $1 million CASH is the same as no bail and I truly expect more charges before the GJ.

JMO

I still believe that LE is not buying her story and this arraignment is just to keep them both locked up. Her $1 million CASH is the same as no bail and I truly expect more charges before the GJ.

JMO

It is a dangerous game to play going into an arraignment and making claims that you do not entirely believe, the kind of stuff that comes back to haunt you at trials.

If you compare this image
bf6bee6f4bd8b962316b58504626e75c.jpg

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/19/baby-doe-bella-bond-boyfriend-arrest/

With the computer sketch.. Only difference I really see is the eyebrows.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/09/18/baby-doe-identified-nr.cnn
3b83bf8cd8cf2787f6ff2e71f7fc7210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The more I look at it, I agree. Cover up Bella's eyebrows and she does look like the composite. I'd like to see the composite with heavier eyebrows and darker hair.

I think where they don't match is the composite has a sparkle in her eye and a bit of a grin. She's a happy, loved little girl. Bella is missing the bright eyes and smile, she's a little girl who's seen and experienced way too much for a two-year-old to handle. I pray her little soul is now at peace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching more news reports. IMO all the peripheral people here are grandstanding hoping for reward money.

Really? Defense lawyers make me thankful I live in a country where every person has the right to a defense lawyer in the first place. I'm happy to not live in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, or some other lawless dump.

Yeah very fair point. :)

It is a dangerous game to play going into an arraignment and making claims that you do not entirely believe, the kind of stuff that comes back to haunt you at trials.

I think they went in with what they had for now. Subject to change as evidence and facts present. As in any case. IMO

Wow, I just caught up on this thread (was fourty some pages behind, this thread moves fast!). I have to go watch the arraignment myself, but I just wanted to vent a little. Getting really tired of hearing JA speak, 'shame on the neighbors' who THOUGHT the sketch looked like Bella, but he's in the clear after KNOWING that Bella was 'baby doe' and failing to report to LE? I can forgive the neighbors, it was bad judgement on their end and they should have at least tipped it in to be sure, but JA knew for at least 24hrs yet did nothing. I have to question whether or not he would have ever gone to the police...

I was also surprised to hear that there was no mention of the claims of MM punching Bella in the stomach, is this true? Previous articles said they were operating under the theory that whatever MM did to her midsection, resulted in her death.

Incidentally, for those of us who missed the initial live broadcast, there was a recording of the whole thing on Youtube last I checked around 12:30 EST! In case you want to hear for yourself.

In my opinion, I think the fact that they went into court and argued that McCarthy is the sole killer and Bond is only an accessory after the fact is a good indicator that they believe just that. And that is why I wondered what exactly made them take that position other than Bond's story, and why we didn't hear about it today in court like you normally would. It would not be just like any case for the prosecution to come back to court later and say "that stuff we said last time? we really didnt believe it and werent too sure about it all, now we think Bond is the killer and McCarthy had nothing to do with it/was only an accessory after the fact".

In my opinion, that is the kind of thing that defense lawyers would put to good use at trial, especially a potential trial with scant physical evidence and two people pointing fingers at each other.

I am with you guys but to be fair, he never left his child with anyone. He never met her.

Umm, I didn't mean he physically dropped her off with them. I mean he knew what RB was and made the choice not to do anything to help his daughter. So yes, he did leave her in that situation. He had all the power to save her and he didn't. Imo, him and RB are as much to blame for her death as the monster who killed her.

I don't understand how this Mother was even allowed to take Bella home from the hospital. If her parental rights had been terminated previously than shouldn't the state have taken Bella at birth?

Wow, I just caught up on this thread (was fourty some pages behind, this thread moves fast!). I have to go watch the arraignment myself, but I just wanted to vent a little. Getting really tired of hearing JA speak, 'shame on the neighbors' who THOUGHT the sketch looked like Bella, but he's in the clear after KNOWING that Bella was 'baby doe' and failing to report to LE? I can forgive the neighbors, it was bad judgement on their end and they should have at least tipped it in to be sure, but JA knew for at least 24hrs yet did nothing. I have to question whether or not he would have ever gone to the police...

I was also surprised to hear that there was no mention of the claims of MM punching Bella in the stomach, is this true? Previous articles said they were operating under the theory that whatever MM did to her midsection, resulted in her death.

not only was there no mention of the punching in the stomach, there was an entirely different scenario presented.

JMO

I believe you! You were right all along about Bella not being placed at Deer Island! Kudos! :grouphug:

I don't understand how this Mother was even allowed to take Bella home from the hospital. If her parental rights had been terminated previously than shouldn't the state have taken Bella at birth?

It does not work like that, just because you have lost custody of a child in the past does not mean the state can automatically seize custody of any child you may ever have in the future.

Interesting!! It probably should work like that though, at the very least until the parent can demonstrate safe drug free parenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member