MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liberal and so are my friends. We do not accept child abuse. Sorry. I cae about what people's upbringing was and hope we can start meaningful interventions at a young age, but once an adult, people know the rules. It is no shock that killing a child is not OK,

And many of the issues with children are because conservatives want no interference into how children are raised

I really don't see this as liberal values vs conservative values. It's a child's life. Everyone should give a damn.

I could definitely see him thinking that especially since the case is getting a lot of attention. I think the window for him to make money off the case is relatively small and unreliable.

I remember he said something about wanting to be a 'family' again before it was too late. I wonder what he meant? I sort of take it that he may be going somewhere, like prison?

I am liberal and so are my friends. We do not accept child abuse. Sorry. I cae about what people's upbringing was and hope we can start meaningful interventions at a young age, but once an adult, people know the rules. It is no shock that killing a child is not OK,

And many of the issues with children are because conservatives want no interference into how children are raised

I never said that liberals accept child abuse. I do think they are less likely to hand out a life sentence to someone who stood by while their child was abused. It may not even be a liberal thing as we see many mothers not being charged with that or getting low sentences.

IIRC there was a restraining order between RB and her mother, but can those last 12 years?

Yes, there are permanent restraining orders in some situations. In non-permanent restraining order situations, the initial restraining order can be extended upon application if warranted, or a new restraining order entered.

There's no reason he should get any of that stuff. He is nothing special, and the crime he committed, while horrific, happens every day in this country. If he does, it's the media's fault. They are the ones who are making these generic killers into notorious ones. Casey Anthony was hyped too, and now 4 years later, she can't even get the $$$ she wants for an exclusive interview. As time goes on, people realize some of these cases that blow up in the media are no different than a case that's just on 48 Hours. MM is not Charles Manson or Lee Harvey Oswald or Ted Bundy.

Anyway, murderers do not get movie deals. Whitey Bulger did not make any money off of the new Depp film about him. As for a book deal, I can think of many high-profile killers who have not received them. Interview is probably the only thing that is plausible, but I think there is a small time window for that (to make big $$ off of it).

Of course he shouldn't but he thinks that he will . Look how much press and screen time he has gotten already.

The only thing that matters is what HE thinks and hopes and schemes, Not what reality may be. He didn't mind hooking up with his ex gf who has had a few more years of being a prostitute. He didn't mind leaving his precious child that he cares about so much, He didn't mind leaving the child with someone that he has made two DCF reprts about.

There is one person he does care very deeply about--- JA and he is hoping to score. For him a score of a $1000 would probably be good. I wonder if he has ever had a job?

I remember he said something about wanting to be a 'family' again before it was too late. I wonder what he meant? I sort of take it that he may be going somewhere, like prison?

I took it to mean he had sex with RB again before she went to the slammer....

Fort Point Channel would have the Seaport to the right. Do you mean Reserved Channel that runs right between the Seaport, south of Black Falcon Ave., and north of City Point (parallel with East 1st Street) maybe?

There's a lot of areas in that section north and east of East 1st Street that are more private/isolated if someone was dumping a body.

Yes! I mixed the two up, it's the reserved channel I meant that's in between the seaport and city point. The end of does lead into the harbor at the point where it's more open and it's also literally directly across from deer island. A lot of drug use in those streets.

I took it to mean he had sex with RB again before she went to the slammer....

I was thinking something else because he didn't find out about Bella until he was already in MA. Who knows what this guy is thinking or what his motive was in coming to MA.

Of course he shouldn't but he thinks that he will . Look how much press and screen time he has gotten already.

The only thing that matters is what HE thinks and hopes and schemes, Not what reality may be. He didn't mind hooking up with his ex gf who has had a few more years of being a prostitute. He didn't mind leaving his precious child that he cares about so much, He didn't mind leaving the child with someone that he has made two DCF reprts about.

There is one person he does care very deeply about--- JA and he is hoping to score. For him a score of a $1000 would probably be good. I wonder if he has ever had a job?

I see what you mean about Biodad thinking he will get rich off the case. I see it as similiar to a lot of "celebrities" who get their 15 minutes of fame and think that it will last forever.

I was thinking something else because he didn't find out about Bella until he was already in MA. Who knows what this guy is thinking or what his motive was in coming to MA.

I don't trust him. He says he didn't even see the billboards about Baby Doe - I think he lies too. I think he had very high suspicions that this was Bella and he came into town to jump on the bandwagon. He didn't go to LE and tell them, someone else had to do that. This JA is looking for the money train. I think he and RB had a plan, not sure what, but a plan to make money. I hope he shot himself in the foot. Of course, Dr. Phil may pick him up for a show...

Regarding MM's driving. I thought I remembered reading that he was pulled over in August for driving without a license or driving while suspended, but I don't recall which it was.

I only know the rules for the UK, not the US, for seizures and driving, and I'm not 100% sure if it's self-reporting or if the diagnosing doctor (GP) is obliged to write to the Department of Motor Vehicles. My dad had epilepsy and was allowed to continue driving as he had forewarning of seizures that meant he could pull over safely if he felt something coming on. If you don't have that forewarning then you're banned from driving. I don't know how long the ban is for, but it probably depends on medical opinion on whether or not the seizures are still likely.

I don't trust him. He says he didn't even see the billboards about Baby Doe - I think he lies too. I think he had very high suspicions that this was Bella and he came into town to jump on the bandwagon. He didn't go to LE and tell them, someone else had to do that. This JA is looking for the money train. I think he and RB had a plan, not sure what, but a plan to make money. I hope he shot himself in the foot. Of course, Dr. Phil may pick him up for a show...

TOTALLY AGREE.

Posted this all day yesterday.

JA is a fame *advertiser censored*.

ALSO on MM, I think IMHO his brain is probably all fried. I bet he cannot even form a sentence. So how could we ever believe anything he intends to say. And the fact he is SHOCKED and SADDENED. Pleaseeeeeeeee. LIES.

From the Hearing yesterday.....
Shapiro pointed the finger at Bond after yesterday’s hearing in Dorchester District Court. “When she was arrested for Bella Bond’s death, she decided to blame it on Mr. McCarthy,” he said. “That is simply not true. He is shocked and saddened by the death of Bella Bond, but he did not kill her.”

Regarding MM's driving. I thought I remembered reading that he was pulled over in August for driving without a license or driving while suspended, but I don't recall which it was.

I only know the rules for the UK, not the US, for seizures and driving, and I'm not 100% sure if it's self-reporting or if the diagnosing doctor (GP) is obliged to write to the Department of Motor Vehicles. My dad had epilepsy and was allowed to continue driving as he had forewarning of seizures that meant he could pull over safely if he felt something coming on. If you don't have that forewarning then you're banned from driving. I don't know how long the ban is for, but it probably depends on medical opinion on whether or not the seizures are still likely.

That's pretty much how it is in Texas. My husband does have some forewarning although he was almost 40 before he had his first seizure. It was several years before he got the diagnosis of epilepsy. He drives, but just short drives. I drive for long trips.

ETA: When he had his first seizure, the neurologist told him it would be 6 months before he could drive again.

WHY is bio dad doing media tours?? And acting like he was involved in any way? And claims he knows RB's character so well? I thought they met at Occupy and shacked up in a tent together for a couple of nights. And then RB tells him "sorry your kid is dead by my live in boyfriend. Sorry!" He's like "NBD. it could happen to anybody!" And DOESNT tell police???

Seems like a real class act!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sort of don't mind the biodad talking to the media, because I would assume everytime he opens his mouth, his charging price goes down. We've already heard so much from him. I think he wants $$$ so badly that he isn't even planning ahead. Most of his interviews have been with local media outlets who I doubt can pay that much. I think he would make more money if he kept his mouth shut and then gave an exclusive sit-down interview when the time is right, whether that is now or during the trial.

ALSO on MM, I think IMHO his brain is probably all fried. I bet he cannot even form a sentence. So how could we ever believe anything he intends to say. And the fact he is SHOCKED and SADDENED. Pleaseeeeeeeee. LIES.

If and when it comes down to his story against hers then past history will be the determining factor (along with any physical evidence).

RB is known to be a thief and a liar with a history of violence AND child neglect. Do we know if she was also accused of prior child abuse?MM has no real criminal record, no history of assaults or child neglect.

Plus it is pretty obvious to many of us she has already lied a LOT regarding what happened so far. Her claim of being held against her will for weeks and forced to take heroin is truly over the top!

If it comes down to her word against his I would believe him.

WHY is bio dad doing media tours?? And acting like he was involved in any way? And claims he knows RB's character so well? I thought they met at Occupy and shacked up in a tent together for a couple of nights. And then RB tells him "sorry your kid is dead by my live in boyfriend. Sorry!" He's like "NBD. it could happen to anybody!" And DOESNT tell police???

Seems like a real class act!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wonder if he took RB's word that Bella was his child??? She's a prostitute with a record. I'm not a man so I can't think like a man, but I'm thinking if I was Bella's dad I would have wanted DNA testing and then do the right thing by supporting the child and being a part of her life. He could have gotten custody so easy with RB's lifestyle. Unfortunately, for Bella, I guess JA's lifestyle wasn't much different.

If and when it comes down to his story against hers then past history will be the determining factor (along with any physical evidence).

RB is known to be a thief and a liar with a history of violence AND child neglect. Do we know if she was also accused of prior child abuse?MM has no real criminal record, no history of assaults or child neglect.

Plus it is pretty obvious to many of us she has already lied a LOT regarding what happened so far.

If it comes down to her word against his I would believe him.

I agree with you. I don't understand how he is charged with murder and RB is accessory after the fact because I think it is simply a case of who told on who first. RB saw him in the hospital. JA comes into the picture. She figures MM is going to get clean and tell on her, so she goes to LE first. JA may have told her you need to tell the police before MM does... Crazy stupid people!

ETA: Or JA totally helped RB concoct the story of what happened to Bella...

I fully agree

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...y_bellas_accused_murderer_may_want_case_moved

Judge Thomas Kaplanes represented Rachelle Bond, Bella Bond’s mother, in a criminal case back in 2011, according to court documents.

Kaplanes, who was a private criminal defense attorney before taking the bench in 2013, signed off on Rachelle Bond’s guilty plea on a drug-related case, according to court documents. Bond was given one year probation and was told to attend a drug-treatment program as part of the guilty plea.

While there is a potential conflict of interest, there is no need for Kaplanes to recuse himself in this situation. Both McCarthy and Bond will have their cases moved to superior court, and to a new judge, before it can go to trial.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman