MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DA doesn't give it all up at the arraignment plus they will be doing much more investigating while they have the combo locked up and out of the way as to not interfere with the investigation.

I think the problem is this is a VERY high profile case with no real murder evidence. The DA must get a conviction, but they have very little to work with.

A junkie child-neglecting mother is pointing the finger at another junkie and that guy is smart enough to lawyer up asap.

IMO the DA is throwing stuff against the wall and hoping something sticks (i.e. hoping one of them confesses or gets convicted).

Because RB is the one who is talking. She claims she was only involved after the fact. MM claims he knew nothing. Thus, there is no witnesses who say RB is the one responsible for murder. And there is a witness (RB) who claims MM is responsible for the murder.

Yes and this witness, RB should certainly have her credibility questioned. Which was my point to the original poster

I think the "evidence" they saw when they entered the home of Rachelle and Bella was the zebra print rug. It wasn't evidence to the murder, it was a feeling that Bella was Baby Doe.

I do think (hope) they have found evidence of her murder as well. They NEED to find evidence to link MM and RB to her murder to get it to stick. I can't see a jury convicting on the word of RB.

Would the dog hitting on the fridge be evidence of murder? Since it would prove she died in the home? And there are no natural causes of death?

Would the dog hitting on the fridge be evidence of murder? Since it would prove she died in the home? And there are no natural causes of death?

I imagine they've swabbed the fridge for evidence. Ugh, I shudder every time I type anything about that. This whole case is awful but for some reason that part just kills me the most.

Typically we see any dog evidence supported by forensics in a Trial. Since dogs are not 100%.

Remember CA. A dead baby with duct tape across her mouth, and no conviction.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bahhh I think a dogs nose is more reliable than anything out of the mouths of RB/MM!

Cadaver dog "testimony" needs to be backed up by physical evidence.

Cadaver dogs hit on the scent of dead/decaying human cells (whole body, drop of blood, tiny bit of skin, including things like bandaids, tampons, etc...). A good cadaver dog could hit on your fridge because you cut your finger chopping carrots 2 years ago and smidgeons of blood are still in your fridge.

The dogs are too good for humans to keep up with. :)

I have to believe that two junkies cleaning up after a murder would leave physical evidence behind. I mean well thought out and planned murders most often leave some physical evidence. I can't imagine these two brainiacs being able to make all evidence disappear. Let's hope not.

Somewhat off topic and sorry for all my posts but I'm basically confined to the house until monday because the Pope is coming and will be staying at the seminary a few blocks from my house. Our nice, suburban neighborhood has been crawling with secret service and other investigators for the past month, maybe longer. I have friends that have had them on their roof making sure snipers can't get a good angle from there. One of my neighbors and best friends is a district attorney and handles many of the special victims cases. I guess I'm a bad catholic but I asked him where all this protection was for the innocent children abused, neglected, and murdered in this country by their parent, live in adult, or caretaker. After complaining about the broken child welfare system for a good 15 minutes he told me that he is aware of this case because his girlfriend watches nancy grace and saw some of last nights episode. According to him, he would be shocked if RB isn't charged with murder eventually, and that they aren't just going to overcharge someone initially, so they charged her with what they could based on her statement for now. He also said that if he was the DA there's no way he would be making deals with RB this early or at all unless it became clear that there wasn't enough physical and strong circumstantial evidence to convict and even then it might not be worth it because her testifying against MM would be a field day for MM's defense team. He also reminded me that they just identified Bella and the investigation into what happened and who did what is still very early. Anyway, that was the point of view from my DA friend. He knows I post on here and reminded me that this was just his opinion based on his experience but that he has never had a case exactly like this. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to pass along the convo

yes, i saw the link that JA and family are planning a burial for Bella. No where, however does it state RB has lost her rights to claim the baby's body or that her parental rights have been terminated.. They can make headlines about wanting to bury the baby near JA's grandma and they may even be sincere. IMO, legal hurdles need to be jumped first. Establishing paternity is #1. IF that is a GO and he is the dad.. then i guess either parent can claim the body and have it buried ONCE THE ME HAS RELEASED IT. JMO

The mom had physical custody of Bella in life.. i dont know that since she has been convicted of nothing so far that she doesnt get to weigh in on this. ( makes me sick but this could get complicated) MOO

Anything i write is just my opinion

Who the heck knows anything with this case.

For all we know, BioDad may be talking to Bond in jail and she may have agreed to have the body released to him for burial.

We can all go crazy with the speculation.

Yeh, but Rochelle seems down right evil through and through. She doesn't just seem like a mom that so happens to be addicted to drugs yet loves her children. She seems really horrid. Throw in the occult obsession and you can no longer say blame the drugs.
ITA.
Rochelles sister was interviewed on the news and said that she had witnessed Rochelle being "angry and volatile" with Bella. Sister said she felt that Rochelle shouldn't have ever had children.

RB was not only an drug addict but it sounds like she had severe anger issues as well.

MOO

I think the "evidence" they saw when they entered the home of Rachelle and Bella was the zebra print rug. It wasn't evidence to the murder, it was a feeling that Bella was Baby Doe.

I do think (hope) they have found evidence of her murder as well. They NEED to find evidence to link MM and RB to her murder to get it to stick. I can't see a jury convicting on the word of RB.

I wonder if Bella's toys, her clothing and her bedroom were still in the home when LE went there last Thursday? Or if RB and MM disposed of all of her things as well? :(

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

How did the Godmother manage to have custody of Bella's toy DUCKY?

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

How did the Godmother manage to have custody of Bella's toy DUCKY?

If the godmother took care of the child on a regular basis, she may have kept her own supply of toys and baby things for the child. I don't find that odd at all.

Cadaver dog "testimony" needs to be backed up by physical evidence.

Cadaver dogs hit on the scent of dead/decaying human cells (whole body, drop of blood, tiny bit of skin, including things like bandaids, tampons, etc...). A good cadaver dog could hit on your fridge because you cut your finger chopping carrots 2 years ago and smidgeons of blood are still in your fridge.

The dogs are too good for humans to keep up with. :)

A cadaver dog hits on cadaverine which is released at death, The dog would not hit on blood from a living person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper