MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. I agree.

RB did love Bella, she just sucked at being a parent. I also believe RB is most likely directly responsible for Bella's death.

RB's need to "control" Bella strikes me as far more likely to have caused the death than MM suddenly going crazy and violently killing the girl. IMO RB was the dominant one in her relationship with MM, if Bella got locked into a closet it was because RB saw that as "appropriate" and MM kept his mouth shut.

I agree. I had a neighbor who was a huge oxy addict, mixed with a huge methadone problem (all managed by her doctors). She was a stay at home mom collecting her checks for 4 kids. I checked on the kids and her every single day. Her father also lived there and watched over them, and I would keep the kids from time to time when it looked like she was really high and I feared she would fall asleep with a lit cigarette or something. She loved her kids, she did so much for them, but she had problems. Had I had even a glimpse of what I thought was abusive or neglectful behavior I wouldn't have hesitated to call. Each of the kids that were old enough to talk knew they could come to me for any reason at all. Thankfully she managed to get off all the pills and everyone is happy and healthy, but I didn't sleep alot those days. When you hear stories like this, you just never know. Drugs change people. They make an otherwise sane person do things they would never have done before drugs were introduced... it's very sad to watch so many lives destroyed (mostly children) by the drug problem we have in this country... very very sad.

I hope RB's two other children never find out about what their bio Mom did but on the flip-side they might feel better knowing they got taken away or they might not be here on this earth today.

I am sure they already know. One is living with RB's mother. The other was adopted by a teacher. I don't see how they wouldn't know.

I'm sorry I disagree. Loving your children and being a good parent go hand in hand. Love is unconditional, love doesn't put our children in harms way. You can't have one without the other. We don't kill our children if we love them nor do we we put our child's lifeless body in the refrigerator. Mom should have called 911 I don't think she has medical qualifications to know when a human being is actually dead. Bella might have been able to be revived if her heart stopped for only a short period of time. It happens all the time. She didn't call because she didn't want anyone to find out about her drugs or what actually happened. She has no clue what love is. IMHO

Oh I totally agree... she should have called 911. And if the fridge story is true, I can't imagine how a mother could even think about something like that... she may have loved Bella at one time, but not in those final days. Those were the furthest things from acts of love. If someone murdered my child I wouldn't care if some junkie said he was going to kill me, I would get justice for my child... if that landed me in prison or the grave, so be it.

Because RB is the one who is talking. She claims she was only involved after the fact. MM claims he knew nothing. Thus, there is no witnesses who say RB is the one responsible for murder. And there is a witness (RB) who claims MM is responsible for the murder.

I just don't understand how that would be enough to charge them with what they've been charged. How can they believe one over the other? There must be evidence that we are not privy to at this time. She could claim whatever she wants, but there needs to be something tangible to back it up. MOO.

I'm sorry I disagree. Loving your children and being a good parent go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. We don't kill our children if we love them nor do we we put our child's lifeless body in the refrigerator. Mom should have called 911 I don't think she has medical qualifications to know when a human being is actually dead. Bella might have been able to be revived in her heart stopped for a short period of time. She just didn't want anyone to find out about her drugs. She had no clue what love is. IMHO

I think she did love her "in the moment" but that does NOT mean she was a responsible parent. RB appears to be a few cards short of a full deck.

I also think the whole story about walking into the room and seeing Bella "gray in the face/red in the face and dead" as MM stood over the girl is complete BS. IMO that part of the story is over the top ridiculous and I have to wonder if she had help coming up with it.

She said "red" and then later said "gray" because she NEVER SAW THAT! She made it up! IMO there is no way anyone that walked in and saw their dead baby's face could be confused on a point like that, a point they apparently stressed (regarding color).

I am sure they already know. One is living with RB's mother. The other was adopted by a teacher. I don't see how they wouldn't know.

They are thanking their lucky stars to be alive. It's sad they lost their baby sister. I wonder if they ever met Bella?

I just don't understand how that would be enough to charge them with what they've been charged. How can they believe one over the other? There must be evidence that we are not privy to at this time. She could claim whatever she wants, but there needs to be something tangible to back it up. MOO.

Well, they know the child is dead so she wasn't with DCF. So clearly when MM claims that child was with DCF, that isn't true.

They are thanking their lucky stars to be alive. It's sad they lost their baby sister. I wonder if they ever met Bella?

I doubt they ever met Bella. Grandma who has one of the children claims she didn't even know that Bella existed.

I agree. I had a neighbor who was a huge oxy addict, mixed with a huge methadone problem (all managed by her doctors). She was a stay at home mom collecting her checks for 4 kids. I checked on the kids and her every single day. Her father also lived there and watched over them, and I would keep the kids from time to time when it looked like she was really high and I feared she would fall asleep with a lit cigarette or something. She loved her kids, she did so much for them, but she had problems. Had I had even a glimpse of what I thought was abusive or neglectful behavior I wouldn't have hesitated to call. Each of the kids that were old enough to talk knew they could come to me for any reason at all. Thankfully she managed to get off all the pills and everyone is happy and healthy, but I didn't sleep alot those days. When you hear stories like this, you just never know. Drugs change people. They make an otherwise sane person do things they would never have done before drugs were introduced... it's very sad to watch so many lives destroyed (mostly children) by the drug problem we have in this country... very very sad.

Yeh, but Rochelle seems down right evil through and through. She doesn't just seem like a mom that so happens to be addicted to drugs yet loves her children. She seems really horrid. Throw in the occult obsession and you can no longer say blame the drugs.

Polygraphs are not considered reliable and usually not admissible in court.

Yes I know but they are still given as a tool if the one charged agrees to it. Charles Chase Merritt, Scott Peterson along with many others have agreed to a test.

yes, i saw the link that JA and family are planning a burial for Bella. No where, however does it state RB has lost her rights to claim the baby's body or that her parental rights have been terminated.. They can make headlines about wanting to bury the baby near JA's grandma and they may even be sincere. IMO, legal hurdles need to be jumped first. Establishing paternity is #1. IF that is a GO and he is the dad.. then i guess either parent can claim the body and have it buried ONCE THE ME HAS RELEASED IT. JMO

The mom had physical custody of Bella in life.. i dont know that since she has been convicted of nothing so far that she doesnt get to weigh in on this. ( makes me sick but this could get complicated) MOO

Anything i write is just my opinion

yes, i saw the link that JA and family are planning a burial for Bella. No where, however does it state RB has lost her rights to claim the baby's body or that her parental rights have been terminated.. They can make headlines about wanting to bury the baby near JA's grandma and they may even be sincere. IMO, legal hurdles need to be jumped first. Establishing paternity is #1. IF that is a GO and he is the dad.. then i guess either parent can claim the body and have it buried ONCE THE ME HAS RELEASED IT. JMO

The mom had physical custody of Bella in life.. i dont know that since she has been convicted of nothing so far that she doesnt get to weigh in on this. ( makes me sick but this could get complicated) MOO

What is JA's proof that he is actually bio-dad? The two of them (JA and RB) were not married. He hasn't taken a DNA test and doesn't seem to want to take one.

For some reason last night, when I was drifting off to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about Bella and this thread, and for some reason I just had this huge feeling of hopelessness. I have never felt that way about a thread on such a personal level. Nothing we say here can ever bring this sweet girl back, it's final, her life is gone. And how many Bella's are out there? Sorry just needed to rant. This has pushed me to reach out to our local CASA program, it may not be much. But it's a start. I can't just sit by anymore. So for that, I thank you sweet Bella.

Maybe this is the reason for JA to appear supportive of RB? Maybe he's trying to be nice to her in an effort for her to allow him to plan the burial/etc? Then after the fact, he'll leave her just as fast as he left their tent? Just a thought. He might not be that intelligent to try to manipulate the situation now that I think about it... Course he has been around RB so who knows what he picked up from her.

What is JA's proof that he is actually bio-dad? The two of them (JA and RB) were not married. He hasn't taken a DNA test and doesn't seem to want to take one.

Lol RB's word. Honestly, the baby looks a LOT like JA's mom, imo. Also, the link posted earlier made it sound like JA's mom was present at the delivery? if her name is Patricia Quinn , that is what she said. She also said she phoned DCF about Bella.

Here is the link:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/22/baby-bellas-relatives-plan-public-burial/

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Yeh, but Rochelle seems down right evil through and through. She doesn't just seem like a mom that so happens to be addicted to drugs yet loves her children. She seems really horrid. Throw in the occult obsession and you can no longer say blame the drugs.

I agreed that in court she looked evil... and the last few pics of her were far from flattering. But in the earlier pics with Bella she didn't look like that. I don't know if her drug use got worse or if she moved over to meth, but she definitely went through physical changes. The people in the shelter said she always cooked meals for Bella and other people have stated the same thing, that she always made sure Bella was fed... and she wasn't underweight. I'm also not convinced that she had an occult obsession simply from a like on Facebook and there being some books in the house (which has been stated were MM's). I think that's the problem with cases like this where we get small bits of info, much of it not verified, they start to take a life of their own. She was constantly sending pics of Bella to JA, and posting somewhat happy pics of her and Bella. So at some point in time, she seemed to love Bella unless it was an act, and it could have been. But until I get more than snippets from the ex junkie roommate that sat there while Bella was locked in a closet, I'm not going to believe that RB had an occult "obsession". Sounds like MM might have, but even then, that is based on RB saying that he said Bella was possessed (and of course another link has both RB and MM saying that... so again, who knows what to believe with all the contradictory info out there). Bottom line is one or both of them killed her and I have a hard time believing they weren't both involved. But I personally don't know if it was "occult" related more than 2 people that needed to eliminate what they saw as a "problem" :( Or one or the other tried to smother her to keep her from crying and it went really bad. At this point, I just don't know. I hope they both rot in hell personally. A child died in their care, no matter how... and that child was tossed into the water like garbage. They are both just as evil in my eyes.

Well, they know the child is dead so she wasn't with DCF. So clearly when MM claims that child was with DCF, that isn't true.

I do believe they thoroughly scoured RB's apt with a fine toothed comb. LE may have some direct or circumstantial evidence taken from there. They can up the charges on RB, add more even lower when they gather more. I believe they suspect she is directly involved according to the DA slip of the tongue but they had enough to convince the judge to hold them with no and high bail. DA doesn't give it all up at the arraignment plus they will be doing much more investigating while they have the combo locked up and out of the way as to not interfere with the investigation. That's probably another reason RB wanted out so bad so she could do some more covering up her involvement and what really happened and convince others of her side of the story.

For some reason last night, when I was drifting off to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about Bella and this thread, and for some reason I just had this huge feeling of hopelessness. I have never felt that way about a thread on such a personal level. Nothing we say here can ever bring this sweet girl back, it's final, her life is gone. And how many Bella's are out there? Sorry just needed to rant. This has pushed me to reach out to our local CASA program, it may not be much. But it's a start. I can't just sit by anymore. So for that, I thank you sweet Bella.

I'm exactly the same , this case has really got hold of me , I even said to my husband about paying for her funeral, but have read that so has lots of other people , she's stole my heart , wish I could do something on her behalf .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi