Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Just jumping in here as I catch up. Louisiana makes the mother (ugh, hate to even call RB that) say who the dad is if she is getting public assistance such as housing and/or food stamps/welfare. Even if in another state, there IS a DNA test done so as to go after child support. Does that hold true in Massachusetts? Not all states are reciprocal states. Louisiana is.

MOO

Don't all states do that? I know where I lived if a woman said she did not know, she had to give the names of all possibilities. The State does not want the taxpayer to foit the bill,

And he had hundreds of dollars daily?!? Enabling mothers can make some of the worst people inadvertently. I wonder how she was able to support his habit? I wonder if she got alimony? It seems his dad owns a store, wonder if it's successful?

From the article it sounds like he was at the methadone clinic frequently, on days he couldn't get heroin. Depending on how many bags they did a day, they probably paid somewhere between $3-$10 a bag (100mg).

<snip>

This week, McMahon said, he found a diary McCarthy left behind when he moved out in January. It was filled with conspiracy theories, McMahon said, and ideas about demonology. McMahon turned the diary over to police.

McMahon said much of McCarthy&#8217;s rambling seemed to be bluster: &#8220;He knew the difference between right and wrong.&#8221;

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ong-descent/9UPZB7U1kHjsDEi96BebyH/story.html

I cannot fathom what little Bella's life was like with those two...sickening.

Why would RB have him? What did he have? He was stinky and dirty.

She seemed to hate a mess.

Did he still have hundreds of dollars a day? Did he have some kind of trust that doled out some money per week or month?

Where is his dog?

Not hearing of any support from those who actually lived with, hung with or were in "group therapy" sessions with Michael McCarthy:

<snip> His slide into strangeness and violence was so obvious that when they heard what he&#8217;d allegedly done, former acquaintances were horrified and disgusted &#8212; but not necessarily surprised.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ong-descent/9UPZB7U1kHjsDEi96BebyH/story.html

The hearsay about both of them paints a nasty picture, but I think that's to be expected ... they're heroin junkies living together abusing a child that ends up dead? They're not going to be nice people.

But, just to play a bit of devil's advocate, can we really trust hearsay from a bunch of heroin junkies at a methadone clinic who are being asked to talk to a reporter who wants to hear stories of how MM was a devil worshiper? They're giving the reporter what he/she asked for. Some of it might be true, but bits of it might be exaggerated.

If it's true about the sessions where MM claimed, during the summer when Bella was already dead, that he was having visions of Bella coming to 'visit' him ... is it possibly he might break under questioning from the Prosecutor? I doubt they'd do this but they might be better off letting him go cold turkey under observation and see what visions he has then.

The articles are too confusing. They search for dead bodies. Search and rescue dogs search for live people.

Cadaver dogs look for dead people. There are drug dogs. We even saw with Fogle that there are electronic search dogs.

Whatever. A cadaver dog finds dead , not living.

It is not confusing, it is very simple. Cadaver dogs find dead human tissue.

The dogs don't care if the ENTIRE human is dead, or just part of the human (blood, teeth, skin scraping, etc...) the scent is the same. You think an amputated rotting leg wouldn't smell like a dead corpse? It would, and to a dog so would very tiny amounts of rotting human flesh.

He is as vile, twisted and manipulative as I thought AND then some.

Good job, Boston Globe.

<snip>

‘He couldn’t have gotten any lower. He was very, very violent.’
JL, friend of Michael McCarthy’s former girlfriend

So why for the love of God did she bring and keep this vile psycho home with her around her sweet baby girl?

Did he have her convinced her daughter was evil? Was it him? Her? Both who took part in the murder? Give them both DP neither are fit to be here on this earth.

Sometime this spring, he moved in with a woman who was a regular at the methadone clinic around the corner.

Her name was Rachelle Bond, and she had a little girl.

end

Can you keep your child if you are a "regular at the methadone clinic"? I don't know much about drugs, but if she was a regular there may have still been an issue even before MM. I don't know why, but I thought she had been clean for a couple years

Of MM was attending group sessions this summer, it puts RB's claim of being held hostage by him as suspect.

How the heck did these two get such high powered legal counsel?

That article seems VERY biased. The article even makes fun of his spelling ? Really?

She was his caretaker, he wrote, and he had to &#8220;run threw&#8221; her bedroom door to get to her body.

Yes...let's get these characters on the stand in front of MM's attorney and see how it plays out.

chin092415RobertMcMahon_met3.jpg

rachelle%20bond.jpg

Quote and images are from https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ong-descent/9UPZB7U1kHjsDEi96BebyH/story.html

<snip>

This week, McMahon said, he found a diary McCarthy left behind when he moved out in January. It was filled with conspiracy theories, McMahon said, and ideas about demonology. McMahon turned the diary over to police.

McMahon said much of McCarthy&#8217;s rambling seemed to be bluster: &#8220;He knew the difference between right and wrong.&#8221;

I doubt the person who said that McCarthy knew right from wrong is qualified to assess that. A very common thread with the insane is religion.. voices, demons, God, devils.. etc. It would appear this guy is insane. JMO He kills the baby because he is insane and believes she is a demon. What is the mom's excuse? yeah, yeah, i know McNaughton's rule says they have to know right from wrong.. it is time we start locking up crazies again.. we dont have enough institutions to house them and everyone is worried about "their personal liberties". So, we let them roam among us, kill us, shoot us in theaters and schools, murder our children and then lock them up. MOO

What's really right and wrong?

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Can you keep your child if you are a "regular at the methadone clinic"? I don't know much about drugs, but if she was a regular there may have still been an issue even before MM. I don't know why, but I thought she had been clean for a couple years

JA said she had been clean for a couple of days.

MM was arrested.. one week LATER we see the cops impounding the mattress and refrigerator. IMO, they based the arrest on RB's statement.. some other people saying MM was abusive and the fact they had a dead baby and not much more.. JMO

At the time of his arrest they went off of her story, IMO. But we don't know what evidence they found DURING that week. My point is, we simply don't know all of the evidence that investigators have collected. So to me it's unfair to say they have nothing against him besides a few statements one of those being Rachelle's. We're not on that team.. We're not those people who are working this case. We simply DON'T know so to assume they have nothing, in my opinion is not right.

So why for the love of God did she bring and keep this vile psycho home with her around her sweet baby girl?

Did he have her convinced her daughter was evil? Was it him? Her? Both who took part in the murder? Give them both DP neither are fit to be here on this earth.

She is an Addict and he is even more of an Addict.

He may have/had drug induced mental illness (substance induced delusions, psychosis, etc) from years of drug addiction beginning at a young age.

Who knows...McCarthy's "seizures" may have been brought about from his excessive, long-term drug abuse.

She'll pay a price for allowing him in the home, being an unfit mother, participating in the disposal of her daughter's body, etc etc

But

IMO he is the actual murderer here. Not RB. Again, she will do time (My guess is on the higher end of the max). MM was not following RB's orders. RB followed through on his beliefs in demonology when he murdered Bella. I'd venture to guess that had BioDad not appeared, RB may have even been next.

There will be plenty of evidence against MM to get a conviction IMO

I imagine the only time she has been clean is when she has been in jail. And even that is iffy. I keep thinking what if Bella would have been born when RB was in jail? Would the state have taken her? She got out at 8 months pregnant.

My stepfather use to say he was clean and show his arms as proof, little did we know then that he had taken the creative route of injecting into veins in his feet. You can never trust a word out of a junkies mouth. They will lie and tell any tale if they think it's what you want to hear or will keep them out of trouble. They take zero responsibility for anything besides getting their fix.

Methadone is supposed to be used to help an addict off drugs (heroin, pain killers, etc). It is certainly abused by many however. My neighbor had 4 kids and was a regular at the clinic. So at least in NC, the answer is yes.

I think I'm gonna take a break from this case until it goes to trial and all the evidence is presented. I know this website is to throw around ideas and try to figure out what went wrong and why.. And that we're allowed our own opinions.. But yeah. RIP baby Bella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk