Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you Moe

DA: Baby Bella’s mom could face additional charges
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said his office isn’t ruling out additional charges against the mother of baby Bella Bond, whose cause of death still remains a mystery to investigators.

But Conley said the door is still open to more charges against Bond, who authorities say admitted to a friend that McCarthy killed her daughter and that she was an “accessory after the fact.”

“We don’t foreclose that possibility,” Conley said.

He also said that as the investigation continues, others could be charged if necessary, but he gave no indication that was likely.

“Right now our case is focused on the two defendants,” he said.

The state medical examiner’s office has yet to rule on a cause of death for baby Bella, a fact that Conley said remains “perplexing.”

Conley said authorities still don’t have a timeline for a cause of death from the medical examiner, but the office has previously said that natural causes and disease were not being considered and suffocation or asphyxiation had not been ruled out.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...aby_bella_s_mom_could_face_additional_charges

I have no faith in the system at all. I am a required reporter and had a family member whom I knew was putting two small children at risk. I not only called DDS twice. I walked I to their office and sat down and talked to the caseworker. Nothing was done. I also talked to the head of our drug enforcement agency. Needless to say, three months later we were burying a baby who died from being rolled over on in the bed by a drugged out adult. Nothing was ever done about it and the family member is still drugging, today. Makes you just cuss.

Thank you Moe

DA: Baby Bella’s mom could face additional charges
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said his office isn’t ruling out additional charges against the mother of baby Bella Bond, whose cause of death still remains a mystery to investigators.

But Conley said the door is still open to more charges against Bond, who authorities say admitted to a friend that McCarthy killed her daughter and that she was an “accessory after the fact.”

“We don’t foreclose that possibility,” Conley said.

He also said that as the investigation continues, others could be charged if necessary, but he gave no indication that was likely.

“Right now our case is focused on the two defendants,” he said.

The state medical examiner’s office has yet to rule on a cause of death for baby Bella, a fact that Conley said remains “perplexing.”

Conley said authorities still don’t have a timeline for a cause of death from the medical examiner, but the office has previously said that natural causes and disease were not being considered and suffocation or asphyxiation had not been ruled out.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...aby_bella_s_mom_could_face_additional_charges

Is this perhaps why they haven't released her body yet? I don't know much about autopsy so I will put this question out there- if they haven't found COD yet, is more time even going to help? I'm just hoping and praying they have more evidence than just RB's word at this point.

I have called in an elder situation. The bar is pretty low. The poor person lived in a lovely home but was obviously suffering from intermittent dementia. The neighbors were kind of "managing" it. The police came. They looked around and left. This is our other big crisis. Children move far from their parents.. our population is now going to be overwhelmed with baby boomers who are old and sick themselves and yet charged with the duty of caring for parents who live into their 90s due to improved medication and

Anything I write is just my opinion.

<snipped (badly)>

You are right about the problem with senior adults as well. They are also at high risk for abuse from caretakers due to the stress.

About 10 years ago in my neighborhood an older man was found to be living in a maggot infested house. No family to check on him and the immediate neighbors had no idea. Adult protective services took that call and moved him to a nursing home immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well something must have been discovered recently during the autopsy. Baby Doe's Namus page now comes up with a message stating I don't have permission to view the page anymore. I don't log in or anything. Just view a few cases from time to time. Looked at Baby Doe's case last week just fine. Since the other day, I'm not able to anymore. Anyone else having the same problem?

I had gone on Namus to see if they had changed Baby Doe's name to Bella Bond. The case # was 14004.

I saw the same permission error. Once a person is identified does the site remove the case?

Yes, they remove the site when the person is identified.

This article has probably already been posted, but it has the information about the duffle bag which I was beginning to believe I dreamed I heard:

"I just saw four detectives carry the refrigerator out and put it on the gray truck," echoed local maintenance man Melvin Smith. "They had to tie it down. They had gloves on."

Smith described the refrigerator as "white, about 22 cubic inches, kind of large." He said he felt "sad" that the child's body was allegedly stored in it.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...rrant-at-Home-of-Rachelle-Bond-328904791.html

Neighbor Anthony Lovell says he only saw Bella outside playing once with McCarthy nearby, and says he became upset when a ball rolled in his direction.

"She had a stick in the grass and she was playing and the ball rolled over to him, and he kind of yelled at her, and that's all I can say about that," Lovell said.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...rrant-at-Home-of-Rachelle-Bond-328904791.html

:notgood: This person should have never been allowed to be around Bella at any time. If you can't play with a child then you seriously need to stay away from all children.

Bella's lifeless body, prosecutors say, was put in a plastic bag and stuffed in a refrigerator, where it was left until McCarthy put it in a duffel bag and dumped it into Boston Harbor.

Yeah this all sounds very very questionable to me.

The prosecutors better have MUCH more if they expect a murder conviction. As far as we know they have NOT recovered the duffel bag. Even if they did recover it what does that prove?

Unless the prosecutors can pull a rabbit out of their hat they need to give the jury multiple options, murder/manslaughter/involuntary manslaughter etc... if they want any sort of conviction.

I have to wonder if they are housing MM with a snitch that will testify to all sorts of jail cell confessions (which will also be very questionable after MM lawyered up at the first hint of trouble).

Yeah this all sounds very very questionable to me.

The prosecutors better have MUCH more if they expect a murder conviction. As far as we know they have NOT recovered the duffel bag. Even if they did recover it what does that prove?

Unless the prosecutors can pull a rabbit out of their hat they need to give the jury multiple options, murder/manslaughter/involuntary manslaughter etc...

I agree. I can't imagine how Bella in a garbage sack got out of the duffle bag and then got to Deer Island. I think RB was lying when she told that to LE. I'm taking her story with HUGE grains of salt!

I agree. I can't imagine how Bella in a garbage sack got out of the duffle bag and then got to Deer Island. I think RB was lying when she told that to LE. I'm taking her story with HUGE grains of salt!

I agree too. I wonder if there are any other things in her story that haven't panned out in the investigation.

I agree. How does a duffel bag disintegrate that fast?

Plus the autopsy didn't find a cause of death, so if they suddenly claim to "find" it now it will be highly questioned.

No cause of death, only the word of a child neglecting drug addict. Even if they could prove MM dropped the body off how does that prove MURDER? Maybe RB wanted to keep collecting the gov benefits, so she could be nailed with fraud and he could be convicted of the illegal disposal of a body.

Please help.. i thought the prosecutor said that the body was found double bagged.. plastic garbage bag and duffel bag with weights and 2 blankets. I was under the impression that is how the body washed up on shore.. double bagged ( double bagged is my word) but the duffel bag was mentioned when in court. MOO

I agree too. I wonder if there are any other things in her story that haven't panned out in the investigation.

I really think the authorities over charged because they thought the accused (especially being a drug addict and all) would crack and confess or "explain" something when put under enough pressure.

Anyone that has watched The First 48 knows that most killers talk end up convicting themselves with their own words.

Please help.. i thought the prosecutor said that the body was found double bagged.. plastic garbage bag and duffel bag with weights and 2 blankets. I was under the impression that is how the body washed up on shore.. double bagged ( double bagged is my word) but the duffel bag was mentioned when in court. MOO

I have been searching articles about the bag/duffle bag. The woman who found her said her remains were found in a plastic bag. No mention of duffle bag....

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...deer-island/EEsj7gFuOy5eGeagBvlBaK/story.html

One neighbor, Candis Gillette, said she was walking her dog near Taft Avenue when she came upon the woman who had found the girl&#8217;s remains and she saw a plastic bag.

Like other neighbors, she called for a heavier security presence in the public park on Deer Island, which is also home to a large sewage treatment plant. She said the entrance to Deer Island has no gate and young people frequently gather there for parties and drinking. Gillette said she has found syringes there.

I think the prosecutor told the story about the duffle bag because that is what RB told LE . I can't find anything that says they have the duffle bag...

http://www.newsweek.com/michael-mcc...-killer-said-have-called-toddler-demon-374950

Bond allegedly told authorities McCarthy killed Bella after she was being fussy before bed. The two were in her bedroom alone and when Bond entered, Bella&#8217;s face was swollen and red. It&#8217;s possible Bella died from suffocation or asphyxiation, according to the medical examiner. The murder took place in late May, Bond said.

McCarthy kept Bella&#8217;s body in the couple&#8217;s refrigerator in a trash bag, the district attorney&#8217;s office said, and he allegedly threatened his girlfriend, telling her she would be killed if she told authorities about the murder.

After killing the girl, authorities said, McCarthy purchased a large quantity of heroin. He injected the drug into Bond&#8217;s neck and the couple remained high for several days, according to Bond. While high, McCarthy moved Bella&#8217;s body to a duffel bag and put it in his car. He weighted down the bag and threw it into the water at the seaport, the district attorney&#8217;s office said.

Could they have just dumped her in this area? Sounds like a place they could have hung out or knew about.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...deer-island/EEsj7gFuOy5eGeagBvlBaK/story.html

Like other neighbors, she called for a heavier security presence in the public park on Deer Island, which is also home to a large sewage treatment plant. She said the entrance to Deer Island has no gate and young people frequently gather there for parties and drinking. Gillette said she has found syringes there.

The history of Deer Island was something we discussed back when we were still trying to find Bella's name. I revisited that history this morning. For any interested here is the wiki and some other links about it. I did not remember about the hiking trails even though now that I am reminded I think a local made mention of them as well.

http://www.nps.gov/boha/learn/historyculture/facts-deer.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Island_(Massachusetts)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...Island_HarborWalk-Winthrop_Massachusetts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother