GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Philip Chism's case is not a capital murder case. We don't have the death penalty here.

Sorry I've been multitasking so much they and was following two different trials/hearings .

You're correct of course I apologize.

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet 17m17 minutes ago

Peggie and Tom Ritzer are making their way to Salem Superior for first full day of jury deliberations

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 5m5 minutes ago #PhilipChism mom and two women who have been in court daily to support her are now in courtroom

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 2m2 minutes ago
At Salem Superior Court. #PhilipChism has just returned to courtroom. Waiting for deliberating jury

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 1m1 minute ago
The jury will be brought in, asked questions about following court order not to learn anything about case outside court.

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 41s42 seconds ago
Judge David Lowy checking in with jury. They leave now to continue deliberations

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet 7m7 minutes ago Saw the jury foreman early this morning bringing coffee and donuts to court for his crew. A touching moment

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet 54m54 minutes ago
#PhilipChism attorney John Osler, wearing his neon green-striped running shoes, heads to lockup to check on the teen.

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 3m3 minutes ago
We're coming up on five hours of deliberations for #PhilipChism jury.

I think they are going to take their time. There are a lot of jury instructions to sift through and a lot of evidence to sort through. And this is a very young defendant, and that will make them think twice, imo.

Predictions as to when a verdict will be reached? Should we start a pool?

I predict 3:30 EST today.

I predict tomorrow 11am EST. I think they will decide today but sleep on it and fill out paperwork in the a.m.

I'm thinking around the same time as you Skigirl. I'll take 3:00 EST

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 5m5 minutes ago
At 11:30AM #PhilipChism jury is still deliberating. Jurors have been working now 5 1/2 hours. Heard they sent for lunch

Louisa Moller ‏@LouisaMoller 2m2 minutes ago
Jury still deliberating in #PhilipChism trial. Essex DA says, if convicted, Chism would receive life sentence, parole after 15-25 yrs

I don't think they will reach a verdict today.

Just sitting here, thinking about this entire process. I truly hope this Jury is able to come to their decision expeditiously, but if it takes them longer to come to the right decision (the maximum IMO), then it will be worth it.
My :heart: it with the Ritzer Family at this agonizing time. They really have been through it!
Thank you all for putting such exemplary effort to Colleen's threads. Stellar work has been done here.

:praying:
with you all for #JusticeForColleen
:candle:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosecution opened very strongly. I expected more hysteria based on the tweets. I hear passion and conviction. Great job of pointing out the shortcomings of the defense mental health experts. Shredded Dudley. Also good job pointing out how normal he seemed to be in TN.

I totally agree. DA MacDougall hit this one out of the park with a heavy dose of passion and strong compelling statements. Her passionate speech surely hit the jurors hard. #JusticeSoonforColleen

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 3m3 minutes ago
All of the lawyers have just returned to courtroom. Apparently the jury is having technical difficulties with the equipment.

Christina Hager ‏@HagerWBZ 37s37 seconds ago
#PhilipChism, attorneys, family gathering in courtroom. At this point, jury has been deliberating about 6 hours

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet 59s59 seconds ago
#PhilipChism has also been returned to the courtroom

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 1m1 minute ago
This isn't a verdict. It's either a question or technical issue. Or both.

Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 49s50 seconds ago
Lawyers for both sides and #PhilipChism have assembled in the courtroom. The reason is unclear. We're waiting on the judge and jury.

Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 1m1 minute ago
Judge Lowy is back on the bench. He says jurors are having difficulty with equipment needed to look at video.

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 59s60 seconds ago
Jurors having difficulty viewing video. Judge proposes training one juror to use the equipment and sending him or her back.

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 39s40 seconds ago
DA proposes they first check the laptop and disc. Judge says that makes sense.

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 42s42 seconds ago
OK, so they are going to collect the laptop and the disc w/video evidence from DHS, to see if it is working properly

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 37s37 seconds ago
If equipment is working properly, then they'll train one juror on use of the equipment.

I'm curious what they want to see again, there must be something specific. I would want to see PC coming out of the bathroom and how much blood he had on his clothes, then check what he looked like coming back from the woods. That would help me to decide if CR died in the bathroom or the woods.

Doesn't sound like they will be reaching a verdict today. They just started watching the videos. :waiting:

I am worried that the jury might go with mental illness and allow him to go to a hospital. It worries me that he would be released in a year or two, as often happens.
I agree, the jury needs to go back and look at the video where he pulls the hood over his head before going to the restroom, da** chilling, showing planning not wanting to be detected.

The prosecution did a fine job delivering closing arguments. Moo

ciao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801